PDA

View Full Version : p2p is for is the kiddie cup for leechers ;)

jussst
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Your uploader------->:frusty:<-----you (p2p noobs:lol:)'

Me-------->:fst:<--------my newsgroup (OWNED:whistling)

lmao.

Lee1
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
torrents rip newsgroup rapidly :D:D:

saqib
03-06-2008, 07:28 PM

no they aint , check your info again

PirateEagle
03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
and what is point to this thread anyway?

Presto
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
You have a big e-peenzor. Hordes of hot chicks are running towards yo u.

saulin
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh man this could be WW3. Torrents do not rip newsgroups. Have you even tried usenet?

To start a war :D

That1Guy
03-06-2008, 07:30 PM
You got 1 thing right.

:frusty: <-----me

jussst
03-06-2008, 07:31 PM
:shutup:

SenorBubbz
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Torrents > newsgroups

Any day, every day.

jam0980tr
03-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Torrents > newsgroups > FTP

you can't get nuffin better than high ftp speed 2gbit

(I)
03-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Torrents >

gtf0
03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
me > you

yayyyyyy
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
How do you think files appears on the newsgroup??

did you ever uploaded something on a newsgroup? Or do you just buy warez and nothing more?

Do you also buy the "cheap M$ oem" things that are advertised via spam emails just because the files can be downloaded in a fast way?

Paying can give you everything... even scene axx... and that is completely different from newsbinz :P

With a reasonable amount of money I'm sure you can also have the RIAA ceo to pirate a cdrom e give you a copy by hand.
JUST PAY FOR THAT DAMN WAREZ THAT OTHER PPL ARE DISTRIBUTING FOR FREE AND DOWNLOADING FOR FREE..

very smart XD

saulin
03-06-2008, 10:40 PM

did you ever uploaded something on a newsgroup? Or do you just buy warez and nothing more?

Do you also buy the "cheap M$ oem" things that are advertised via spam emails just because the files can be downloaded in a fast way?

Paying can give you everything... even scene axx... and that is completely different from newsbinz :P

With a reasonable amount of money I'm sure you can also have the RIAA ceo to pirate a cdrom e give you a copy by hand.
JUST PAY FOR THAT DAMN WAREZ THAT OTHER PPL ARE DISTRIBUTING FOR FREE AND DOWNLOADING FOR FREE..

very smart XD

You are forgetting a small detail. Great FTPs with kick ass access are not for everyone. Top torrent sites with great access are not for everyone as well. Everything comes from the Scene but not everyone has access to hot releases as they are release.

In fact most people I know use public torrent trackers and are not aware of how much better private trackers are. There are people that can spend a whole day trying to download a movie because the speeds suck.

So wh pay for warez that is free for download? Pehaps for faster access and for faster download speeds. So that you don't spend half the time looking for stuff and half the time downloading?

The one thing about Newsgroups is that retention is amazing compared to torrents sites where things tend to die much quicker and the speeds are also better. You don't have to spend much time looking for stuff. News reader clients like Newsleecher have a built in search engine that searches newsgroups.

SenorBubbz
03-06-2008, 11:04 PM

very smart XD
You are forgetting a small detail. Great FTPs with kick ass access are not for everyone. Top torrent sites with great access are not for everyone as well. Everything comes from the Scene but not everyone has access to hot releases as they are release.

In fact most people I know use public torrent trackers and are not aware of how much better private trackers are. There are people that can spend a whole day trying to download a movie because the speeds suck.

So wh pay for warez that is free for download? Pehaps for faster access and for faster download speeds. So that you don't spend half the time looking for stuff and half the time downloading?

The one thing about Newsgroups is that retention is amazing compared to torrents sites where things tend to die much quicker and the speeds are also better. You don't have to spend much time looking for stuff. News reader clients like Newsleecher have a built in search engine that searches newsgroups.

I'm sure people use torrents so they don't have to pay for warez. Why pay for something that you can get for free? I'm sure you can get downloads just as fast on private torrents than newsgroups. I've downloaded from both and maxed my speed on both.

saulin
03-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm sure people use torrents so they don't have to pay for warez. Why pay for something that you can get for free? I'm sure you can get downloads just as fast on private torrents than newsgroups. I've downloaded from both and maxed my speed on both.

While some of that is true I do preffer to download from Newgroups and use torrents only when I can't find what I want in usenet simply because with newsgroups I max out my connection every single time on every file and torrents depend on how many seeds there are. Plus the fact that usenet has way more content. Plus is not expensive for what I get. Much cheaper than what people pay for seedboxes so they can keep a ratio.

TP635
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM

very smart XD

Not always true; I dl torrents that are more than 1yr old from some low level private trackers regularly.

BlueLabel
03-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I dont thing i get it:blink:

Gish
03-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I dont thing i get it:blink:

Then I guess you are truly lost!

SenorBubbz
03-07-2008, 12:12 AM
While some of that is true I do preffer to download from Newgroups and use torrents only when I can't find what I want in usenet simply because with newsgroups I max out my connection every single time on every file and torrents depend on how many seeds there are. Plus the fact that usenet has way more content. Plus is not expensive for what I get. Much cheaper than what people pay for seedboxes so they can keep a ratio.

If I wanted to I could use usenet for free as my ISP offers a free newsgroup to me. And yes, maxing out your speed every time is awesome, but I like torrents because I get to give back instead of take, take, take.

Sonnentier
03-07-2008, 05:21 AM
but I like torrents because I get to give back instead of take, take, take.
Yes the same for me, and if you get a seedbox you usually help others to get good speed for free.

Nemrod
03-07-2008, 05:23 AM
You --------------> http://www.pohlilla.com/Pohl/Smilies/vion.gif...........http://www.pohlilla.com/Pohl/Smilies/cabron.gif <-------------- Me

jonny81985
03-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Jus wondering, isnt there a different section for this? Are you trying to start a flame war? If you really want to ask this then go post in the filesharing threads where u wont get biased opinions

Just my two cents

Jon

Cabalo
03-07-2008, 05:55 AM
fucking stupid thread, just trying to cause a flame war.
how can someone be so stupid to come here and state that he is paying for a service, and so it is better than a free one?

captain obvious to the rescue.

lamest thread ever.

Artemis
03-07-2008, 06:18 AM
This is a standard hit & run flame thread, the OP starts a thread on contentious issue then leaves it to fester away, please don't feed the
troll .
http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08105/do-not-feed-the-troll130.png (http://xs.to)

ea007
03-07-2008, 06:20 AM
den xeris ti les.

Nemrod
03-07-2008, 06:22 AM
fucking stupid thread, just trying to cause a flame war.
how can someone be so stupid to come here and state that he is paying for a service, and so it is better than a free one?

captain obvious to the rescue.

lamest thread ever.

Indeed... itīs a pity that stupidity is not a crime. :dry:

Ichigo81
03-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Ban the OP, such a stupid topic... I can't believe I posted in it :P

Sanka113
03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Agreed Ichigo, the OP is quite the douche. Signs up at FST just so he can come piss us off. Douchebags these days, tsk, tsk.

Vidde
03-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Newbs, the big torrentsites with scenestuff aren't ripping it of UseNet, are you high?

Check info again before you're trying to start a dumb geekwar :)

phrenzy
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Your uploader------->:frusty:<-----you (p2p noobs:lol:)'

Me-------->:fst:<--------my newsgroup (OWNED:whistling)

lmao.

Newsgroups = Pay to leech..........

singing_sol
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh man this could be WW3. Torrents do not rip newsgroups. Have you even tried usenet?

To start a war :D

rofl and yeh war and what rrrrrrrrrrrrrrofl

necromantic
03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh this thread is just getting good http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

A little more gas on the fire: I don't have to unrar my movie/music downloads with torrentz

jam0980tr
03-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't have to unrar my movie downloads with torrentz

same here i don't have to unrar, just use Rar Player to play dem movies

:lol:

Defy
03-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Don't you have to pay for newsgroups? I've never used them so I really don't know. In any case torrents aren't a dying breed. Take one down and 2 come back even stronger.

corpse
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Paying for warez is dumbest thing EVER! If you are going to pay - pay the people who deserve it - producers/artists/developers etc... Torrent - free2leech ;]

Torrent pwns and anal rapes newsgroups!

Actatoi
03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Indeed... itīs a pity that stupidity is not a crime. :dry:

What would I do then? :huh:

saulin
03-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Newsgroups = Pay to leech..........

And it took you how long to figure that one out?

You get what you pay for :P that's why Usenet is better. No waiting times, faster downloads, more content, more security. Otherwise stick to torrents.

Paying for warez is dumbest thing EVER! If you are going to pay - pay the people who deserve it - producers/artists/developers etc... Torrent - free2leech ;]

See my reply above and maybe tell that to those that have to pay for seedbosex to keep using torrents.

A little more gas on the fire: I don't have to unrar my movie/music downloads with torrentz

Me neither my news reader client does it for me.

corpse
03-07-2008, 07:47 PM

See my reply above and maybe tell that to those that have to pay for seedbosex to keep using torrents.

Well, I don't... Seedbox is an additional option anyway, nobody force them to use seedbox. And even if, I would feel better to pay for seedbox, than give my cash to people selling warez.

saulin
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, I don't... Seedbox is an additional option anyway, nobody force them to use seedbox. And even if, I would feel better to pay for seedbox, than give my cash to people selling warez.

Well is abvious that you don't know what usenet is. First of all you can get Usenet access through your ISP. Some ISPs actually outsource Giganews which is the best premium usenet service there is, some outsource usenetserver.

Now you don't pay for access to download pirated files hahahaha. You pay for access to newsgroups and just so you know. Uploading pirated content is supposed to be illegal, just like it's illegal to upload pirated software on rapidhshare and FTP sites. But people will do it no matter what. The bottom line is that you don't pay for the files. You pay for Newsgroups access and the stuff just happens to be there :D

You seriously need to research what Usenet is and how it works. See I don't think there should be a need to pay for seedboxes in the torrent community because of how it works. Most sites don't requiere one but the ones that are the fastest do because you can't keep up with the download/upload speed and usually you have to end up getting files you don't need to seed back what you downloaded.

At least sites like Blackats Games have an awesome seed bonus system that will fix your ratio automatically even if no one downloads from you. All trackers should have that.

necromantic
03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Hmm, you'll have to let me in on your secrets for getting 1080p encodes to play in Rar Player/Newsgroup client. Impressive :P

saulin
03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Hmm, you'll have to let me in on your secrets for getting 1080p encodes to play in Rar Player/Newsgroup client. Impressive :P

???

The news client automatically verifies archieves and extracts them for you. What are you talking about?

necromantic
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM

???

The news client automatically verifies archieves and extracts them for you. What are you talking about?

same here i don't have to unrar, just use Rar Player to play dem movies

:lol:

Here's what I'm talking about. Unraring the files takes time + hdd space (and we're not even talking about the extra DL time + space of the par2 files + the time needed to repair the archives)
When I dl a file from torrents it's ready to view IMMEDIATELY using any player I want.

saulin
03-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Here's what I'm talking about. Unraring the files takes time + hdd space (and we're not even talking about the extra DL time + space of the par2 files + the time needed to repair the archives)
When I dl a file from torrents it's ready to view IMMEDIATELY using any player I want.

I think you are confused. The realeases on torrent sites and usenet are the exact same releases haha. They come from the same sources.

How is it different playing content downloaded from torrents than content downloaded from usenet?

BTW having par files is a huge advantage over torrents as well since if you find a very old post with some files that are not complete if you can still get the par files then you can repair the archieve :P. If a file is corrupt in a torrent download, you have to get the damage file from somewhere else. Oh yeah a tip for you. You only need to get the par file that is a few KB in size to verify all the files, the other par files are used when data is damaged :D

Oh yeah another awesome feature found on news servers using the web interface for example www.easynews.com (http://www.easynews.com). You can download movies within rar files so is already uncompressed when you download it :P It will also check all the rars to tell you if there are any errors or incomplete before you download. That way you know if you might need par files. You can preview movies and music as well.

necromantic
03-07-2008, 11:23 PM

I think you are confused. The realeases on torrent sites and usenet are the exact same releases haha. They come from the same sources.

Oh you are sooo wrong. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Music encodes and HD encodes being done by dedicated members on sites such as Waffles, What, HDBits are vastly superior to scene releases. Yes scene releases can be downloaded through bittorrent, but we have much more as well.

How is it different playing content downloaded from torrents than content downloaded from usenet?

Newsgroups = archived, Bittorrent = not archived (some yes, but not all)

BTW having par files is a huge advantage over torrents as well since if you find a very old post with some files that are not complete if you can still get the par files then you can repair the archieve :P.

This is a newsgroup problem, not a bittorrent problem. A solution to a major flaw in your form of filesharing hardly qualifies as an advantage.

If a file is corrupt in a torrent download, you have to get the damage file from somewhere else.

Corrupt files in bittorrent? :lol: You've been on public trackers again haven't you.

Oh yeah a tip for you. You only need to get the par file that is a few KB in size to verify all the files, the other par files are used when data is damaged :D

Good tip, but you'll still need to download them since your newsgroup download will almost certainly have corruption

Don't get me wrong Saulin, Newsgroups are great. I use them both. But the fact still remains that torrents wear the crown.

saulin
03-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh you are sooo wrong. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Music encodes and HD encodes being done by dedicated members on sites such as Waffles, What, HDBits are vastly superior to scene releases. Yes scene releases can be downloaded through bittorrent, but we have much more as well.

Just like torrent sites have unique releases so do News Groups. In fact the amount of data in newsgroups is simply just too much. You gotta watch what you say cause newgroups have more data than torrents sites.

Newsgroups = archived, Bittorrent = not archived (some yes, but not all)

Again most things on torrent sites are the same scene releases and sure there are some dedicated trackers to espesific things but again Newgroups have pretty much everything you can think of. Yes they have groups for loseless music as and yes they take requests and yes they have dedicated HD content groups. Man are you sure you know what you are talking about?

For example Roms and a lot of data related to emulation was being hosted on Usenet and now trackers like UG and Pleasuredome host a lot of it. But a lot of it were hosted on Usenet and a lot of it came from usenet. All the Mame files which equals to huge amounts of data was moslty only found on usenet. I don't think there is a place that has more porn than usenet. You will find all kinds of stuff in usenet because is not only for piracy. People use binary groups to upload many files of many interests. There are I don't know over 100,000 groups out there and many thousands are binary groups.

This is a newsgroup problem, not a bittorrent problem. A solution to a major flaw in your form of filesharing hardly qualifies as an advantage.

Corrupt files in bittorrent? :lol: You've been on public trackers again haven't you.

Haha is not the first time I see something like. Oh file blah won't extract. It says is corrupt in torrents comments. And with today's internet connections and programs used to upload chances of getting corrupt uploads are not that good and for your info pars were introduced to compensate poor retention in newsgroups by lots of ISPs not because of corrupt uploads.

Good tip, but you'll still need to download them since your newsgroup download will almost certainly have corruption

Worng. Maybe if you rely on on your ISP crappy news service.

Sonnentier
03-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Haha is not the first time I see something like. Oh file blah won't extract. It says is corrupt in torrents comments. And with today's internet connections and programs used to upload chances of getting corrupt uploads are not that good [..]
I'm not completely sure what you mean, but bittorrent checks the parts of a file and if they hashfail they get downloaded again. In the end you have a clean file, it should not get corrupted. If it was corrupted before the first transfer, this is not torrent's fault. What we mean is that with bittorrent we don't need Par files because there is no retention or corruption problem, if some data is received corrupted you just get it again..

djork
03-08-2008, 04:19 AM
saulin -- thank you backing up newsgroups mate ;) obviously the people who constantly talk shit about usenet have never used it .. "pay2leech" my ass .. you won't be saying that when you have premium usenet access ~_~

Sonnentier
03-08-2008, 04:42 AM
well usenet isn't exactly pay2leech but if you don't have binary axx you are out of it

saulin
03-08-2008, 05:41 AM
I'm not completely sure what you mean, but bittorrent checks the parts of a file and if they hashfail they get downloaded again. In the end you have a clean file, it should not get corrupted. If it was corrupted before the first transfer, this is not torrent's fault. What we mean is that with bittorrent we don't need Par files because there is no retention or corruption problem, if some data is received corrupted you just get it again..

Yes you are right but if the original uploader has a file that failed crc or is imcomplete or damaged then everyone will get the same results. And yes the par files were put in place because of retention. It saved people from having to download a whole file again. They just needed to download a par file and that can fix many incomplete files. Incomplete files are seen when the servers are hitting the retention limit.

And yes a lot of people that talk trash about usenet have not had premium access most likely and had never tried Easynews and Giganews

LifeStealer
03-08-2008, 07:37 AM
I saw a sign that told me not to feed the trolls. So I am.