PDA

View Full Version : WTF with SCC

alfry1010
03-07-2008, 09:16 AM
H,

I had an account thanks to a GA from here two weeks ago and i begin to seed and i seed about 6G untill yesterday and this morning i saw that my account was disabled. So WTF!!

Could somebody have an explanation ? Yes i'm gonna go on their irc when i get home!

Or the guy who invite me was disavled and all the people he invited too ?

pppfffff...i want my acc back :angry:

1000possibleclaws
03-07-2008, 09:20 AM
It has come to our attention that with an update to the latest version of µtorrent (1.7.7) by default there are several options turned on that absolutely must be turned off. DHT (distributed hash tables) and Peer Exchange, as well as Local Peer Discovery are features in µtorrent that allow you to connect to peers that are not part of the tracker. Failure to turn these options will cause µtorrent to misreport data to the tracker. This is not only a security risk, it is also a bannable offence as your client will report more data uploaded and less data downloaded from the tracker, thus falsely increasing your ratio. Also, if you are seeding to peers from outside the tracker, you won't be able to seed to SCC members as quickly as possible. Please disable these features as soon as possible.
Failure to turn these options off may result in your account being auto disabled due to our anti-cheat system!!!

???

my peer exchange and local peer discovery were enabled when i checked, i think they autoenable when you updated to 1.7.7

i just turned mine off now

saqib
03-07-2008, 09:33 AM
oops ,best of luck with your account mate ,hope u ll get it back

alfry1010
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I know that so i disabled the DHT

xxxfafaxxx
03-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Contact staff on SCC to get more info about your account

slayer2005
03-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Im guessing sm1 seen the invitee trading on here or giving away invites and they seen it and didnt like it.thats a guess.As i no there not to keen on it.
I could be wrong.

Di@monds
03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Dont bother. Our invite rules:

Only invite people you trust.
Do not participate in, nor start invite giveaways.
Do not sell our invites.
Do not offer our invites publicly.
Do not trade our invites.
Do not ask for more invites.
Invites are given and taken at staffs discretion, do not ask us why your invites vanished.

saqib
03-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Do not sell our invites.
Invites are given and taken at staffs discretion, do not ask us why your invites vanished.

here we go, :ermm:

briand5379
03-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Let's not forget the one week rule still applies even if your seeding a torrent. I was seeding one right after the rule was started and on day 8 noticed the torrent turned red as the account was disabled.

Di@monds
03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Let's not forget the one week rule still applies even if your seeding a torrent. I was seeding one right after the rule was started and on day 8 noticed the torrent turned red as the account was disabled.

Its 30 days now.

alfry1010
03-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Do not sell our invites.

It's because i get the invite from a GA?? but this is the only way to have one :dry:

And how they now i've got it from GA because i don't use the same pseudo :unsure:

And it's not like i was a bad member i seed only for the moment...pfff

Lee1
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Do not sell our invites.
Trade scc account ftw:lol::whistling

The Wanderer
03-07-2008, 11:58 AM
The thing is when you connect to a private tracker, utorrent automatically disable DHT as well as Local Peer Discovery, even if they are enabled in Bittorent tab. ;)

uTorrent is always respecting private tracker flag, otherwise it would be banned everywhere.

DHT (distributed hash tables) and Peer Exchange, as well as Local Peer Discovery are features in µtorrent that allow you to connect to peers that are not part of the tracker.

singing_sol
03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
It has come to our attention that with an update to the latest version of µtorrent (1.7.7) by default there are several options turned on that absolutely must be turned off. DHT (distributed hash tables) and Peer Exchange, as well as Local Peer Discovery are features in µtorrent that allow you to connect to peers that are not part of the tracker. Failure to turn these options will cause µtorrent to misreport data to the tracker. This is not only a security risk, it is also a bannable offence as your client will report more data uploaded and less data downloaded from the tracker, thus falsely increasing your ratio. Also, if you are seeding to peers from outside the tracker, you won't be able to seed to SCC members as quickly as possible. Please disable these features as soon as possible.
Failure to turn these options off may result in your account being auto disabled due to our anti-cheat system!!!

???

my peer exchange and local peer discovery were enabled when i checked, i think they autoenable when you updated to 1.7.7

thnx for the info and yeah i have done that long before and my acc's are perfect but some times my utorrent seeds less turning these options off

HDR
03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I love those retards which put every single stupid rule on the invites only to acquire a level up because it's *cough* hard *cough* to get in there.

FAIL.
http://forum.alsacreations.com/upload/2043-fail-camera.jpg

SaRkAsM
03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I love those retards which put every single stupid rule on the invites only to acquire a level up because it's *cough* hard *cough* to get in there.

FAIL.
http://forum.alsacreations.com/upload/2043-fail-camera.jpg

lmfao... scc FTL !

BlueLabel
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
so now what we cant give away SCC???

TP635
03-07-2008, 04:16 PM

You should not.

grimms
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't feel too bad I lost my account about 3-4 months ago there. They got stiff rules regarding how you got invited and your utorrent settings (For security reasons). Just find another similar site.

Actatoi
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM

They didn't change over a night, suggestion : read the rules on the site when you signup and continue to do so on a regular basis.

1000possibleclaws
03-07-2008, 06:19 PM

They didn't change over a night, suggestion : read the rules on the site when you signup and continue to do so on a regular basis.

well you can give them away to someone who's posted a request, because that isn't a public random giveaway

Di@monds
03-07-2008, 06:38 PM

well you can give them away to someone who's posted a request, because that isn't a public random giveaway

Ppl u dont know? Cheaters mb? rules are made for a good reason.

myllian
03-07-2008, 07:04 PM

FAIL.

If you really think that is the reason, you fail.
To be honest, when they revoked all the invites on scc, I thought the real purpose of it was to go up one or two levels. After a few days though I had more invites than before, I was clearly wrong.
It's still pretty easy to get into SCC.

HDR
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM

FAIL.
To be honest, when they revoked all the invites on scc, I thought the real purpose of it was to go up one or two levels. After a few days though I had more invites than before, I was clearly wrong.
So, if so why they removed the invites from the users? And why they don't allow the giveaway of invites?

It's still pretty easy to get into SCC.

it's *cough* hard *cough* to get in there.

What part of the *cough* you didn't understand?

Anyway, who have the idea to create the trackers levels is the most retarded of all, because the levels should be based in conjunction of easy of register, content, pre-times and speeds, but the retarded who have the idea has based only on the easy of register, lame.
At least Classes for easy of register, and levels for content, pre-times and speeds, that way would be much better, but ok. :frusty:

alfry1010
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
So i get on irc and they told me my acc was disabled because i make a GA of the 2 invites i had on a small french forum so be careful and if somebody get an invite i make a request so it's not a GA and i take care of my ratio!

SgtMajor
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
H,

I had an account thanks to a GA from here two weeks ago and i begin to seed and i seed about 6G untill yesterday and this morning i saw that my account was disabled. So WTF!!

Could somebody have an explanation ? Yes i'm gonna go on their irc when i get home!

Or the guy who invite me was disavled and all the people he invited too ?

pppfffff...i want my acc back :angry:

So i get on irc and they told me my acc was disabled because i make a GA of the 2 invites i had on a small french forum so be careful and if somebody get an invite i make a request so it's not a GA and i take care of my ratio!

Problem solved, once again it's common sense and knowing the rules that prevail. Amazing thing them rules aren't they? :P

So you thought you would be anonymous in your GA by trying to hide in a small French forum, I bet you, or others, won't be making that mistake again!

myllian
03-07-2008, 08:57 PM
So, if so why they removed the invites from the users? And why they don't allow the giveaway of invites?

They removed them because invites were being sold on ebay.
GA are not allowed because inviting some random kids in a public forum defies the whole point of an invite system..

alfry1010
03-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Please closed this topic now i've got my answer thanks!

fOrUmAs
03-07-2008, 11:45 PM

u should knows by now that staff from SCC checking FST for every scc giveaway thread and they are disableing users if they find same username as there:)

that is also the reasone why no one from SCC staff havent had ex. community rep status here:)

Zaxx
03-08-2008, 12:17 AM
The thing is when you connect to a private tracker, utorrent automatically disable DHT as well as Local Peer Discovery, even if they are enabled in Bittorent tab. ;)

uTorrent is always respecting private tracker flag, otherwise it would be banned everywhere.

DHT (distributed hash tables) and Peer Exchange, as well as Local Peer Discovery are features in µtorrent that allow you to connect to peers that are not part of the tracker.

That's how it works afaik...uT sees the privacy flag in the torrent and respects it. I know it will disallow DHT...not sure about peer exch. or LPD.
I allow DHT personally because I know private torrents disable it...but I do have peer exch and LPD disabled. I have always ran uT in this config and am an a member in good standing w/ SCC and have been for quite a while..never been disabled for DHT violation. Just my $.02

BluRossonero
03-08-2008, 12:57 AM

???

In preferences we have:

Enable DHT Network
Enable DHT for new torrents
Enable Local Peer Discovery
Ask tracker for scarpe information
Enable Peer Exchange

And I need to uncheck the red one's? Any other options to check/uncheck?

If I uncheck these options will there affect me on other trackers than SCC? For example if I leave them uncheck for TL it will be okay, right?

Thanks!

pone44
03-08-2008, 03:33 AM
That is how files go to TPB-public.:angry: not a member but feal the pain if they posted that.

???

In preferences we have:

Enable DHT Network
Enable Peer Exchange

And I need to uncheck the red one's? Any other options to check/uncheck?

If I uncheck these options will there affect me on other trackers than SCC? For example if I leave them uncheck for TL it will be okay, right?

Thanks!

Di@monds
03-08-2008, 10:32 AM

u should knows by now that staff from SCC checking FST for every scc giveaway thread and they are disableing users if they find same username as there:)

that is also the reasone why no one from SCC staff havent had ex. community rep status here:)

ye u are so right about that.

briand5379
03-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Its 30 days now.
Nope incorrect according to the faq.
User The default class of new members. Inactive accounts will be deleted after 1 week.

Annoyed
03-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Good thing you posted that T.S.O.L. I haven't seen their homepage in the last couple days, and Local Peer Discovery was enabled in mine. Never knew I had to turn it off.

Thanks again.

Zaxx
03-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Its 30 days now.
Nope incorrect according to the faq.
User The default class of new members. Inactive accounts will be deleted after 1 week.

Maybe the FAQ hasn't been updated yet?

TP635
03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Enable DHT Network
Enable Peer Exchange

Not a member of SCC' but this is how I always set my client.