When i download from some trackers by uTorrent 1.7.7 it gives me this :

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Medo_Omar/WTF.jpg

What that and how i fix it ?

BlueLabel
03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
try to stop the torrent and reactivate it

MaaxHimself
03-07-2008, 02:02 PM
You might turn dht on/off in preferences...

Medooooo
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
try to stop the torrent and reactivate it
I try but it didnt work .

You might turn dht on/off in preferences...
But almost every tracker want DHT disabled .

HDR
03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
A question... does the icon change? (on my it changes to red, but i'm using a skin, so i'm not sure if the default skin do the same), if so i have the same problem, specially when i download something from TPB.

This happens with uTorrent and BitTorrent 6, you can try with Azureus (at least it has a way beter management of torrents).

Medooooo
03-07-2008, 07:32 PM
A question... does the icon change? (on my it changes to red, but i'm using a skin, so i'm not sure if the default skin do the same), if so i have the same problem, specially when i download something from TPB.

This happens with uTorrent and BitTorrent 6, you can try with Azureus (at least it has a way beter management of torrents).
I dont like Azureus i wanna to use uTorrent .

Hope some one help me .:(

SgtMajor
03-07-2008, 07:58 PM
What is the problem though, are you saying your torrents are not working in any way? Nothing?

Medooooo
03-07-2008, 08:08 PM
What is the problem though, are you saying your torrents are not working in any way? Nothing?
Yeh it dosent work but some times it works and then faild again .. i dont know what to do .

SgtMajor
03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Try an earlier build number of utorrent (not version number - build number)

What build number are you running?

The Wanderer
03-08-2008, 09:48 AM
You are manually updating the tracker too often, it has nothing to do with DHT.

Be also aware that some trackers might interpret this constantly updating as cheating and you risk to be banned.

Try the latest 1.8 beta to see if something change.

Medooooo
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Try an earlier build number of utorrent (not version number - build number)

What build number are you running?
I didnt find bulid number it just 1.7.7 stable .

You are manually updating the tracker too often, it has nothing to do with DHT.

Be also aware that some trackers might interpret this constantly updating as cheating and you risk to be banned.

Try the latest 1.8 beta to see if something change.
Thats what im afraid of to update data to the tracker as a cheating .:(

I triad some thing and it working fine untill now :

Options/Preferences/Advanced/rss.update_interval i changed it from 15 to 60 .

I dont know what its but its the only (interval) in the Options !!

Edite : It didnt work .. any help .

The Wanderer
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Try a clean install of utorrent (that means deleting utorrent directory from 'program files' and also from 'application data') and keep client's default settings.

slimdogp
03-08-2008, 05:21 PM
The torrent and utorrent update back to the tracker every so often to update statistics etc. This is controlled by the tracker, or the torrent (I'm not sure).. But you CAN'T CHANGE THIS. All you can do is force additional manual updates.

If you're getting that error, the tracker thinks you're trying to manually update the tracker twice within 60 seconds of each other.

Obviously you're not doing this..

I've seen this happen many times when I stop/start my torrents many times, or when the tracker is having problems of going up and down. Or when I lose power and my PC shuts down with torrents still running.

You're not doing anything wrong, put all your utorrent settings back to normal.

To fix >>>> Stop the torrent for 1 hour, then restart it. It should bring things back to normal.

Medooooo
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Try a clean install of utorrent (that means deleting utorrent directory from 'program files' and also from 'application data') and keep client's default settings.
I will try and tell you .. Thx for help .

The torrent and utorrent update back to the tracker every so often to update statistics etc. This is controlled by the tracker, or the torrent (I'm not sure).. But you CAN'T CHANGE THIS. All you can do is force additional manual updates.

If you're getting that error, the tracker thinks you're trying to manually update the tracker twice within 60 seconds of each other.

Obviously you're not doing this..

I've seen this happen many times when I stop/start my torrents many times, or when the tracker is having problems of going up and down. Or when I lose power and my PC shuts down with torrents still running.

You're not doing anything wrong, put all your utorrent settings back to normal.

To fix >>>> Stop the torrent for 1 hour, then restart it. It should bring things back to normal.
Thx man for your help .. and i think thats the solution for this problem so i will wait a while betwen stop/start my torrents and hope it never show up again .

slimdogp
03-08-2008, 05:40 PM
good luck, post back and let us know :)