PDA

View Full Version : Temp Ban On Virus Sharers

panthos
08-03-2003, 08:10 PM
:angry: Why can't people who share bad files (files with viruses) be temporarily banned? I dl'd a file a long time ago called popup defender 6.5 and found it to be infected. Today I looked for popup defender and the same infected version was found by a multitude of users. Get these people out of here, or at least temporarily until they get the message.

3rd gen noob
08-03-2003, 08:12 PM
it's not possible

kazaa doesn't identify unique users

[B][O][T]
08-03-2003, 08:14 PM
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=56290

BOT

panthos
08-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Messaging doesn't really work. I tried and no one accepts them.

Skank
08-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by panthos@4 August 2003 - 08:10
:angry: Why can't people who share bad files (files with viruses) be temporarily banned? I dl'd a file a long time ago called popup defender 6.5 and found it to be infected. Today I looked for popup defender and the same infected version was found by a multitude of users. Get these people out of here, or at least temporarily until they get the message.
I understand wot u are saying but how do u propose this is implemented ?its a bit difficult when there is no governing body for the internet, no editor..it would be impossible

chalkmongoose
08-04-2003, 02:06 AM
If everyone used static IP addresses, you could theoretically filter out the IPs from virus-sharers, it's been done to filter out supposed RIAA IP blocs (not an SP).