BlueLabel
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
hi guys
I saw many threads lately that many trackers forbid invites giveaway
I saw SCC now and I know iptorrent too and some others I already know
please list trackers that forbid invites giveaway

Totti
03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
i think that all trackers forbid giveaways they want you to invite people that you really know and not random people from giveaways

pureheart
03-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Or not to be given publicly...

Something Else
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Giving an invite away randomly on FST is one of the stupidest things you can do.
A lot of the time the person you invite will be a bad user, and some of the time will get you in trouble too.
If you are after rep.points then realise this:
Users with rep.points are not trusted by tracker staffers as a general rule.
Most of the members here with high-rep points are children who play the level game.
:dabs:

C-mos
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Giving an invite away randomly on FST is one of the stupidest things you can do.
A lot of the time the person you invite will be a bad user, and some of the time will get you in trouble too.
Most of the members here with high-rep points are children who play the level game.

I agree :|

grimms
03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Exactly what benchez said. Refrain at all costs, from doing invite giveaway's(I learned a lesson or two from this as well). That rep bullshit is lame as well. Screw levels. Just be honest, active, enjoy what you already have, be happy and let live kids.

pureheart
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM
According to this, why do you think they give you invites, if not you'll invite some of your collegues!!Just to be proud of having invites!!!
Just be curious to know whom you'll send invite to..this the only criteria you can abide by, don't pay attention to reps, ratios, or speeds.

grimms
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I especially never got the whole speedtest aspect of things. Maybe i'm out of tune with that requirement. Always was stupid to me though.

jam0980tr
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
benchez is right its them kids who puting the trackers at risk

most trackers don't like there inviters give too public the ones giveing invites to public are makeing trackers at risk

invites are for friends

alin18
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
this sound good and minimize trade and make in this up lvl :)

Totti
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
and yet we all have done it :\

jam0980tr
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
and yet we all have done it :\

yep we all learnt some where

dedro
03-07-2008, 05:03 PM

learning....listening:yup:

BlueLabel
03-07-2008, 07:52 PM

its not about the rep points
I ask to now what I'm allowed to give and what I'm not allowed to give

so I understand that is not allowed to give any tracker invites,, well I guess I have to cancel it forever.
I remember one member here (very honorable one) told me that its allowed to giveaway invites... guess I (he) was wrong.

Something Else
03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
:lol: Which 'honourable' member said that. :unsure:

People stating things like 'I help this community' are doing so at a cost to other communities. :dabs:

The FST community has a lot more than invites to it. :snooty:

Grind$oFine
03-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Click the "Invite Rules" in my signature.

Sanka113
03-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I've posted this a few times... For the most part people underestimate that some people evaluate those who enter their giveaways by more than rep points. Alot of people here check post history in addition to profile links and rep not to determine who a "good" user is. The reason why most trackers don't allow giveaways and what not is because it's a standard built on the belief that most people are idiots that don't know who to invite and what not. Like I said, this is a standard that you'll see posted on 80% of trackers because they use the same faq/rules . Here on FST alot of people are educated torrenters and should be treated so unless they've proven otherwise. If you are a go by the book person then don't do giveaways, let them sit in your account to rot. You'll have friends but your friends probably won't be noobs and won't need your invites. Some general rules are a little too general. If you always followed them then you wouldn't be torrenting.

fOrUmAs
03-07-2008, 11:49 PM
i think that all trackers forbid giveaways they want you to invite people that you really know and not random people from giveaways

well that is only half true since members here that are staff at they sites allowe GA here (EX community reps)

and also we have seen many staff members that give invites here in GA:)

BlueLabel
03-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Click the "Invite Rules" in my signature.

wow dude thats some helpfull guide you have there
why not sticky it??
thanks

(I)
03-08-2008, 01:02 AM

Totally agree the normal torrenter usually have low # of accounts and don't risk his accounts except if he's giving it to a guy who know, I had 4 invites in TL for months (probably years) and didn't use a one or even thought about it. I admit I regret a little when my account has gone due to server error last december but I then invited by one of the staff when they opened the inv. last month (when I signed up here to be more honest)
Anyway I think I've said the same stuff in this post (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-krembos-symphony-post2714796/postcount23)
And the question is do those people (non scammers) stand a chance of winning an inv. they really need or will use?
BTW thanks for ur tutorial Grind$oFine (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/grindofine-177599)

pone44
03-08-2008, 01:04 AM
That is why i do not have rep points...Oh well! No giveaways here nor invites!
Trades-are lame! Being respectful n working your way up here and @ your tracks! Love giveaways myself but seems not right. Think of the person who invited you, then your invitee is their responsibility too, who wants that on their back? Half of em get your invites taken by acting up-trading-ect! If we can signup anyone can including your track mods so-? Lol.

Exactly what benchez said. Refrain at all costs, from doing invite giveaway's(I learned a lesson or two from this as well). That rep bullshit is lame as well. Screw levels. Just be honest, active, enjoy what you already have, be happy and let live kids.

Those that do not engage in trading, Giveaways are the only way we non traders-cheaters can get a invite to some places so it sucks that it is that way but i respect it.Some members here are great people. Plus this forum is more than invites and giveaways. There is a lot of other threads.:fst:
If people measure trusted users by req-asking for a free invite (once in a while.) in a giveaway-and say they are not good members cause of is-:angry:

I've posted this a few times... For the most part people underestimate that some people evaluate those who enter their giveaways by more than rep points. Alot of people here check post history in addition to profile links and rep not to determine who a "good" user is. The reason why most trackers don't allow giveaways and what not is because it's a standard built on the belief that most people are idiots that don't know who to invite and what not. Like I said, this is a standard that you'll see posted on 80% of trackers because they use the same faq/rules . Here on FST alot of people are educated torrenters and should be treated so unless they've proven otherwise. If you are a go by the book person then don't do giveaways, let them sit in your account to rot. You'll have friends but your friends probably won't be noobs and won't need your invites. Some general rules are a little too general. If you always followed them then you wouldn't be torrenting.

Nemrod
03-08-2008, 01:37 AM
I must agree with Benchez. I made 1 or 2 giveaways, a complete failure, huge disappointment.
3/4 of invites I gave are unused and some users banned for cheating... I said: no more.
Now I give invites but to people I choose and in a private way.

I realized -and please, donīt misunderstand me, Iīm refering to the act not to the person, and I know some of those giveaways are with the only desire of help (I respect every position)-, that giveaways are, many of them, a huge irresponsibility and a disrespect to the trackers.

jonny81985
03-08-2008, 05:46 AM
I personally like giveaways (although i do respect trackers, i always ask for permission to do giveways and most staff know and trust me to be responsible) because they help those of us who dont trade. I know what some of you are probably thinking.... He just wants invites, but the truth is i dont want/need anymore invites. I am just here to help people who were in the same position i was a few months ago.

If you are responsible and carefl in your giveaways i think it actually benefits the communities. A good user is a good user regardless of where he came from.

That being sad i think we should never generalize anything. I respect everyone's opinion and I am just offering mine :)

Jon

adissan
03-08-2008, 12:10 PM
This thing sounds stupid :(

BlueLabel
03-08-2008, 12:11 PM
what thing?? giveaway ot not giveaway??

saqib
03-08-2008, 12:14 PM

agree with u mate , nice conclusion

BEGINER
03-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree also with you