PDA

View Full Version : anybody know the original ending to the mist?

kooftspc11
03-09-2008, 08:46 AM
has anybody read the book or know how the story ends per stephen king? i know that the ending was changed in the movie.....just wanted to compare the two

IdolEyes787
03-13-2008, 01:07 PM
At the end, a few people get to a vehicle and begin their escape, finding that the Mist extends as far as they can see and that there is constant danger from the creatures. They set out for a destination~a "blip" on the radio I think~not knowing what to expect. It's a completely open ending and went with the uneasiness felt throughout. No one ever knows for certain what happened.

kooftspc11
03-13-2008, 03:36 PM
At the end, a few people get to a vehicle and begin their escape, finding that the Mist extends as far as they can see and that there is constant danger from the creatures. They set out for a destination~a "blip" on the radio I think~not knowing what to expect. It's a completely open ending and went with the uneasiness felt throughout. No one ever knows for certain what happened.

i actually really liked the ending of the movie. i have read the story since i originally made this post. the tone of the book was much more eerie and strange. i think that the ending worked very well for the book....and the ending of the movie worked very well for the movie.

IdolEyes787
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
More than a few people were insulted by the movie's ending ,although King himself approved. Very happy to see that you took the time to read the book and form your own opinion.

messi30
03-29-2008, 05:12 PM
You can read the book.

Cabalo
03-29-2008, 05:57 PM
You can read the book.
and u can read the thread before replying...

svsagar
04-01-2008, 07:07 PM
the ending of the movie ...is vry bad ..he kills his son too....:(

grimms
04-01-2008, 07:51 PM
has anybody read the book or know how the story ends per stephen king? i know that the ending was changed in the movie.....just wanted to compare the two

Buy and read the book. Then you'll have your answer.

IdolEyes787
04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
:frusty:I'm with Cabalo.Is it really asking too much to read the thread,it's only 9 posts long .
And not to be a Nazi ,but svsagar you should be more careful about posting spoilers,not everyone has seen the movie.

kooftspc11
04-02-2008, 07:54 AM

Buy and read the book. Then you'll have your answer.

maybe you should read the entire thread before posting

dlxldxld
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
i didnt see the movie yet..
this is a good movie?.. :wacko:

Ri0T
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Excellent movie, another Stephen King novel adopted by Frank Darabont, with great success, IMO.

C-mos
04-02-2008, 03:52 PM

here we talk about another ending :)
alternative ending ..read before spaming

kooftspc11
04-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Excellent movie, another Stephen King novel adopted by Frank Darabont, with great success, IMO.

not quite shawshank material but then again...not much out there is

Septimus
04-03-2008, 07:35 PM

If i havenīt seen the movie, i would have killed you about that! :angry: