PDA

View Full Version : My bitmetv account has been stolen

adissan
03-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi there guys :cry:
I ve woke up this morning and try to log in in bitmetv like i used to do every morning to see what tv episodes has appeared recently :)
But then i ve saw this message :username and password are incorrect: ok i said to myself i forgot the pass..no big deal :) But when i try it to recover in my mail adress this messagen appeared: This mail adress was not found in our database :cry:..The hole sky falls into my head..Is the second time when someone steals my bitmetv account ..I was VIP with nice buffer ..worked hard to get there but now everything is loose ..
Please Can someone help me recover my account ..I ll thank god if i will manage to do that ;)
thanks in advance

Lee1
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
You could join their IRC channel but I am not sure if it's for members only

The Gladiator
03-09-2008, 11:57 AM
PM your nick there and the original mail of the acc, i will try to help you.

SAM
03-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear that but if you are going to their Irc channel don't forget the goat.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=2936

Dammit i wish this was my 2000 post :frusty:

BReal13
03-09-2008, 12:25 PM
LOL sam that's a good picture.
adissan (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/adissan-184679) go the their irc, wait for them to +voice you and tell them the problem,..

The Gladiator
03-09-2008, 12:32 PM
:lol: Again the goat... OMG :D

Kapone
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
LMAO @ Sam... :lol: :lol: Now thats funny...

Medooooo
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Nice pic SAM .:lol::lol:

Qlix
03-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Nice one. :P

nolimit2008
03-09-2008, 01:50 PM
My account also has stolen some one. But nobody helped to me. Sad !

SAM
03-09-2008, 02:02 PM
I dunno but it seems the bitmetv season 100 has been aired a little earlier this year.

pone44
03-09-2008, 03:04 PM
seems weird.Were you Trading invites?

markupmaster
03-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Just try visiting IRC...

:)

Emma1979
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I hope u get ur problem sorted soon, i know how hard it is (near impossible!!) to get into bitmetv as i been trying for ages (with no joy), and just to lose the account for no reason must be very annoying

The Gladiator
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I hope u get ur problem sorted soon, i know how hard it is (near impossible!!) to get into bitmetv as i been trying for ages (with no joy), and just to lose the account for no reason must be very annoying

Believe me he will not get his problem solved.

jonny81985
03-09-2008, 07:04 PM

Believe me he will not get his problem solved.

Bitmetv staff is ridiculos, they are all on a powertrip and have no courtesy what so ever.

I really never say anyhtign bad about anyone but in there case they really need to change. They think they are like kings over peasants or something.

Probably a bunch of 18 year olds on a powertrip to make themselves feel important

Jon

LivingInSouthPark
03-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Well Jon i have to disagree with u...bitmetv staff are good guys :)

jonny81985
03-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Well its just my opinion :), they were really rude to me maybe i caught them on a bad day

Jon

The Gladiator
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Well its just my opinion :), they were really rude to me maybe i caught them on a bad day

Jon

They have a lot of bad days jon :yup:

Qlix
03-09-2008, 08:52 PM
BitMeTV are far from good guys. They're power abusing kids. That's why the site itself has a bad rep, at least when it comes to experienced bittorrent users.

rvt
03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
BitMeTV are far from good guys. They're power abusing kids. That's why the site itself has a bad rep, at least when it comes to experienced bittorrent users.
So why are you displaying a revolt user bar? If I'm a power abusing kid as a mod, then I'd be worse as a sysop. You also wouldn't want anything to do with my code if that was the case (sysdev thread).

If you're going to pin names on entire groups, at least find out who you will be offending first.

josegavara
03-10-2008, 11:30 AM
haha I wondered when you would show up sys. If the guy needs help their irc channel is the best place to get it. Folk bad mouthing the staff on there aint really helping him

Doomi
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
join irc channel and talk,meybe you get account back:P

singing_sol
03-10-2008, 12:44 PM
might be its me heehee :D

adissan
03-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Still haven t recovered my account back..I tryed all the ways possible!!
i don t know what to do anymore..i ve worked so hard to keep that bitmetv in good shape and now it s gone..Bitmetv staff please post here :)

SAM
03-11-2008, 09:18 AM
haha I wondered when you would show up sys. If the guy needs help their irc channel is the best place to get it. Folk bad mouthing the staff on there aint really helping him
well
in most trackers the first where to go and the best place you can find help is the support irc channel.but not in Bitmetv.
i'm sorry this isn't bad mouthing this is a fact
make a small search you will be surperised how many threads here about Bitmetv brutality.
as i stated before.tracker staff rank was made to help the tracker and its members not to help them selves to show off or to play gods and feed their arrogance.
sorry but in most cases that what we get there.
yes.bad mouthing won't help but nor their irc channel.
sad but true:(

but hey
I offer you the goat
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=2901

Artemis
03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I usually stay out of the bitmetv slang fests but this one has gone too far, I can honestly say that I had a problem with bitmetv where I invited a cheater, he even admitted to me that he used a modified client which the scripts immediately picked up and banned him for. Now I was responsible for my invitees and in this case I invited a cheater to a site that has very strict rules about this, I also made the mistake of helping him from a public request (there was a specific reason for this but it was still against the tracker rules). Because I invited a cheater ( the more I found out about this character the worse it got) my a/c was disabled. I talked to staff in the irc channel and others did too and my a/c was reenabled, the key was courtesy, nothing more. We are after all guests of the people who create these websites, they want members who follow the rules that they set down for their websites. The memberships are not 'ours' they are a right to access the site. In the case of bitmetv there is a zero tolerance policy for ratio cheating yet so many people use one of the cheat mods to try and get a better ratio at bitmetv, guess what if you know about a cheat mod, the coders do too.
Some sites are quite lax about security, bitmetv is not one of them, yet so many people are caught then flame away. The other rule of course that people do get caught by is the pruning of the invite tree, so if your inviter is caught trading invites or is a cheater etc. then he takes you with him, this is the rules of the site that you agree to as a member when you first join, and is simply the site protecting itself from undesirable members.
Now the next speech will be, but I'm a good user my ratio is............... ffs its bit torrent the whole point of the protocol is to share, its not actually any effort on your part to share more than you download, the protocol is designed that way, to be a user is to do more than just leave your pc on 24/7.
I firmly believe that so much of the anger from people is that they believe they have the 'right' to be a member of any site they want, not that they are guests, and that the rules do not apply to them, it is very simple the rules do apply, and in the case of bitmetv they absolutely do enforce the rules that they have set forth, so cheater and traders beware you are actively hunted and so those who accept invites from these people must realise that when the inviter is caught your a/c goes too.....

dj1966
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
nice post Artemis , just goes to show what politeness , understanding and definitely not flaming staff can do , you were lucky to get your account back , this also shows that staff there can be understanding to , just go about it in the right way

SAM
03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
well
Not all members get the vip treatment that you got,Artemis
and not all of them have friends that knowing staff members or in other trackers that has the same staff you have a problem with.
About the guests part
Are we really guests?
we -as members-donates money upload stuff follow their rules contribute in every part in the tracker and we still guests.
if this the case you welcome to come to my house and pay for my rent and i'll kick you out next month.

AugustoP
03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
ffs its bit torrent the whole point of the protocol is to share, its not actually any effort on your part to share more than you download

Exactly. I wonder what "hard work" (as in "i worked hard to get there", "i struggled to keep my ratio" etc) means? Filesharing should be easy not hard.

SAM
03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes,it isn't that hard we are just talking about spending our time and our money and not to mention some of our bandwidth.
it's easy

saqib
03-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I usually stay out of the bitmetv slang fests but this one has gone too far, I can honestly say that I had a problem with bitmetv where I invited a cheater, he even admitted to me that he used a modified client which the scripts immediately picked up and banned him for. Now I was responsible for my invitees and in this case I invited a cheater to a site that has very strict rules about this, I also made the mistake of helping him from a public request (there was a specific reason for this but it was still against the tracker rules). Because I invited a cheater ( the more I found out about this character the worse it got) my a/c was disabled. I talked to staff in the irc channel and others did too and my a/c was reenabled, the key was courtesy, nothing more. We are after all guests of the people who create these websites, they want members who follow the rules that they set down for their websites. The memberships are not 'ours' they are a right to access the site. In the case of bitmetv there is a zero tolerance policy for ratio cheating yet so many people use one of the cheat mods to try and get a better ratio at bitmetv, guess what if you know about a cheat mod, the coders do too.
Some sites are quite lax about security, bitmetv is not one of them, yet so many people are caught then flame away. The other rule of course that people do get caught by is the pruning of the invite tree, so if your inviter is caught trading invites or is a cheater etc. then he takes you with him, this is the rules of the site that you agree to as a member when you first join, and is simply the site protecting itself from undesirable members.
Now the next speech will be, but I'm a good user my ratio is............... ffs its bit torrent the whole point of the protocol is to share, its not actually any effort on your part to share more than you download, the protocol is designed that way, to be a user is to do more than just leave your pc on 24/7.
I firmly believe that so much of the anger from people is that they believe they have the 'right' to be a member of any site they want, not that they are guests, and that the rules do not apply to them, it is very simple the rules do apply, and in the case of bitmetv they absolutely do enforce the rules that they have set forth, so cheater and traders beware you are actively hunted and so those who accept invites from these people must realise that when the inviter is caught your a/c goes too.....

after this post , topic should b closed , very nice post .

SAM
03-11-2008, 03:04 PM
give me a break will you
that's hillarious
the made a site host a tracker invites members to get in asking for money to pay for the server.
what's their profit?
I mean from the above posts you can feel they are angels they lost their money and their time to make bt community happy.
do they?
can we generalize this over all the staff in all the trackers?
hell no
you want to compare retro to bitmetv staff
if so you have mental issues
you want to compare musca,brandon,vidde to those kids
ooh how unfair?