PDA

View Full Version : Screeching Songs Are Not Bad Encoders.

dmorgan89
08-03-2003, 11:12 PM
I heard from someone that the screeching songs were just from bad encoders and that it was just a rumor that the riaa was feeding them into the network.

i dont think this is right. it doesn't add up. my girlfriend wanted some nelly music, but she was having a hard time getting a good one. so i tried. Almost every sing nelly file i downloaded of country grammar had screeches in it. Thier also a little into the song. kind of like if you previewed it then you would get enough good music until you waited till it downloaded and then you would realize it was a screech and then all that time wasted. these arent' just bad encoders. the network is flooded with them. also i'm having trouble picking up a good supernode. i used kazupernodes and every supernode which was like 15 had a response time of 20 and some pinged out. what is up here.

Adster
08-04-2003, 02:26 AM
It was me who said the RIAA rumour which I think is true just tell me how 100 users can have a shit file?? and it is jsut abou timpossible to get the REAL good quality 192 bit file I jsut dont get it I blame the users a screeching download would never get completeed by me becaeu the cancel button comes out before its even completed.

if its f*cked up aand got completre the delete button comes out?? if the RIAA are spreading them then why the f*ck are the users so dumbass not to do the same?? I blame the users if they get some brains and learn a few things then it wouldn't spread around

Moonbaby
08-04-2003, 03:00 AM
i believe the songs are screeching is because the artists have found a way to stop their songs from being uploaded. when u try to send it thru it registers inthe cd and wont play

Adster
08-04-2003, 03:02 AM
i believe the songs are screeching is because the artists have found a way to stop their songs from being uploaded. when u try to send it thru it registers inthe cd and wont play

If that was true the soulseek would be flooded with shit files

the_faceman
08-04-2003, 03:13 AM
i'm almost certain that at least 80% of these fake files are created by those that have an interest in putting people off of using P2P. This obviously includes the RIAA. they only need to distribute it to a small number of users, safe in the knowledge that the majority of people that download them don't delete them, and then search for more, and end up with 8 slightly different messed up versions of songs, sharing all 8, and then these are downloaded by yet more idiotic people who don't delete, and the situation spirals out of control from there.

it obviously works to a certain extent, going by the number of posts on this very same subject created each day.

and all a bad encoder does is create a file in which the sound quality is poor compared to the original cd, it doesn't include modem dial-up sounds, alarms, or constant crackling. jeez.

mogadishu
08-04-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Moonbaby@3 August 2003 - 22:00
did you just pull that out of your ass?

dmorgan89
08-04-2003, 05:16 AM
i blame the users also. they should delete the files. i think it would be a good idea to give people these tips in the next k-lite versions. a tip maybe somewhere in the home page or somewhere were people can see it. saying (If you download a file that is incomplete, has a screeching noise, or is a fake, delete it. By sharing it, you make it harder for people to accually get the real, good quality file. Also your killing the FastTrack Network and helping the Recording Industry in stopping KaZaA and P2P.) something like that.

Celerystalksme
08-04-2003, 05:54 AM
The thing is i don't give a sh!t because i do not use kazaa for music...all my music is 100% non tampered with...

Adster
08-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Even if we did say that there are still asshoel and dumbass ppl out there :(

THE_ONLYONE
08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Yo guys

already detected a new problem. I just tried to download the whole black eyed peas album (elephunk), and every file I tried to play was the same. Even if it had another filename, it was always "where is the love" which was played. That's really strange!! :blink:
But we shouldn't all pity ourselves, cause there will be a solution to this motherf***** problem.
I think there could be a very simple solution. Problem is only that they have to develop it first.
Somehow Kazaa should scan the files first before downloading them. A scan about stability of the bitrate in the file.
Just don't let them fuck your ass!!
Bloody damn american RIAA! :angry: We really should hack them down seriously!!!!!!!

peace
:ph34r:

Kn0x
08-05-2003, 10:16 PM
It's not that people are spreading the bad files. It's just the RIAA has so many users on the p2p network with insane amounts of bandwidth that they are ovewhelming the downloads. They are literally flooding the network with the bad versions of the song. Check one of the users out sometime, click on one with a lot of bandwidth. Then click find more from same user.. you will see a listing of more than 100 gigs of music files. That's the RIAA in action.

Gre1
08-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Man, the only real way to get around that noise is by posting verified hashes for every song.

Vargas
08-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@5 August 2003 - 22:23
Man, the only real way to get around that noise is by posting verified hashes for every song.
apparently that doesn't allways work either, i posted a verified hash and someone got a dud:
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=56583

dmorgan89
08-06-2003, 05:37 AM
It's not that people are spreading the bad files. It's just the RIAA has so many users on the p2p network with insane amounts of bandwidth that they are ovewhelming the downloads. They are literally flooding the network with the bad versions of the song. Check one of the users out sometime, click on one with a lot of bandwidth. Then click find more from same user.. you will see a listing of more than 100 gigs of music files. That's the RIAA in action.

thats absolutely ridiculous. if you left auto search more going on one of the songs that screeched all night it would bring up over 50,000 songs. when you let auto search more go for about 5 minutes it brings up over 300. you can't tell me that the riaa has enough money ( especially if they say thier losing money) for that much bandwith. That a whole lot of users. I say that do get a lot though. They probably have about a very high internet connection like a few oc48's. they put kazaa on every computer on a network and give out unlimited uploads. it's a lot of money but i think they can afford that. with such high bandwith and every computer on the network uploading they could upload about 100 songs in in a matter of a couple of minutes. then they just let the stupid newbie kazaa users take it from there. people are too lazy to just right click and delete the screeching files. Instead now when they download a file they click on about 5 different songs and let them all go at the same time till they get the right one. they then leave all the bad songs and other people do the same exact thing.

Gre1
08-06-2003, 06:26 AM
Someone just didn't no what there where doing if u post a hash they shouldn't have gotten a fake file unless it was fake. They did something wrong.

Celerystalksme
08-06-2003, 06:32 AM
*can't believe people are still going on about this*

Adster
08-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Its not the fuckitgn RIAA let me tell u this if they Think its illegal to download mp3 then why put out a mp3 for example of black IPs jsut name it different??? s0o what?? by their messaure there doing what where doing uloading music!!

wyzest1
08-06-2003, 07:14 AM
um.... see for yourself. Search for a mp3 that you know screeches (any jack johnson song from the cd on and on, encoded at 128 kps), and then select one of the users, search for more from the same and you will see thousands of files in order of artist, all which have the same screeching sound. (The bitrate for these users is all the same, according to kazaa, and is set at 1024) There are also movies on some of these user names.

Why would the RIAA use this method? Online stores have been doing this for years, offer the user the first few seconds then rudely cut them off. If the RIAA has people using up their download limits on 20 second clips and screeching sounds, then the volume of shared files will be down, and the artists will be getting publicisity from the previews.

btw. the screeching sound comes from the left and right channels of the file being added together to create a flat sound. Therefore, the mp3s still have the same tags as te original and come up as the same file. The only reason you get the screeching is the shear bandwitdh that these users have.
And no, you cannot just remove one channel because the other one has been removed.

ps. the other , far fetched solution is that there is a virus that is attaching itself to mp3 files and completing the atleration as people are downloading it. Which would explain the numerous people still holding on to the original files. but as i said, far fetched

dmorgan89
08-06-2003, 09:01 AM
Its not the fuckitgn RIAA let me tell u this if they Think its illegal to download mp3 then why put out a mp3 for example of black IPs jsut name it different??? s0o what?? by their messaure there doing what where doing uloading music!!

dude. do you not download music from kazaa. you must use soulseek. obviously your not seeing the extent to these. i guess you dont download popular music and it's just underground. EVERY song is like this. Every version of every popular song is like this. The only way to download a correct version is by verifieds or if you find one lucky person who accually has a right one. The files that have the most sources are gonna be fake. This CAN'T happen by coincidence and one person is accidently screwing up all these files. I've been downloading music from kazaa since napster died. Right after napster died and i've always been able to find the right version of a song no matter how many fakes there were. I can't do that anymore. I have to download every song in the list to find a right one. I can't even use kazaa for songs anymore. I use soulseek now. It's the only program that has real music files on their network. The recording industry is doing this. Thier not illegally sharing thier own music files. They're sharing FAKES AND SCREECHING ONES. Thier using technology to beat us and it's WORKING.

THE_ONLYONE
08-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm also thinking, after I read a lot about this topic, that this might be some kind of a virus even if some say this is impossible. I really can't believe that the riaa is doing such an effort, like sharing tons of faked mp3 files. This would be illegal in the same way we are sharing mp3's.
And I'm also doubting the theory about people with their HD full of crap.
Why would so many people let fake mp3's on their comps? I'm sure almost everyone is once listening the sound he had downloaded. And I'm also sure that every normal user would delete this file.
It would be less difficult for the riaa to hire some hackers. And I think they did. :( The result is that crappy bullshit we are listening to now. :angry:

Schmiggy_JK23
08-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Its not a fricken virus... it is the RIAA spreading FAKE/SCREECHING files.

They said months back they were gonna start doing something along these lines, and sure enough, its starting to get to us now, within the past couple months. I have noticed a huge emergence of this trend, as I use klite mainly for mp3 singles, and pron. Even older songs of popular artists are being released with this screeching.

For example, last night i went to burn a cd for my brother, a mix of songs. I have the old eminem album, with the "way I am" song, but instead of pulling it off the album, i just figured i would download it for his cd. Sure enough, after I burned it, i realized it was one of the shitty screeching songs.

This isnt a encoding issue, it IS the RIAA, and their associates flooding the network with this shit, and they are doing it with the fakes too.

Celerystalksme
08-06-2003, 11:37 PM
I just love how people are getting so worked up over this topic...

*sighs*...think what you guys want and say what you guys think...but i guess we will never know...