PDA

View Full Version : ISO sorry

shokan
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I thought I had this ISO thing nailed. Now I'm stuck again.
There are about 31- 95MB RAR files. Each one has a Vortex ISO icon file inside. If I select all the RAR files, then from the dropdown menu, for PowerISO I have a choice of:
"add to image file..."
"add to Documentary_NTSC_XBox-360_Vortex.daa"
"set number of drives"
"set drive options"

I want the video files saved to my computer and to point and click to view.

MagicISO from the dropdown menu is similar to above, except the file is .uif., and there is also an option to install free virtual CD/DVD.

At one point, going down some other path, I get containing files of a short movie saying use XBox 360. They are small and don't add up to the video size of the TV documentary, not even close, and every one of the 31 RAR files (of 95MB each) has this XBox short clip that I view using VLC.

What should I do?

Thanks.

BluRossonero
03-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say, but don't you want to extract a .iso image file from a multiple .rar archive?

If so... extract from the .rar the .iso file and then you can manipulate the .iso file how you want!

shokan
03-09-2008, 06:45 PM
OK. For example, I open one of the 31 RAR files. It takes 10 minutes. Inside is a Vortex icon that shows properties of an ISO file of 95MB. That ISO file however contains two short identical VLC player files saying open using XBox-360.

BluRossonero
03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Have you tried to extract everything from the .rar files and then open the .iso file with daemon tools?

bikernin
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
open any one of the rar files (preferably the first one) and extract the contents. you will find the iso file extracted then. you can then mount it using daemon tools or whatever and watch your videos

Enlightened
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
open any one of the rar files (preferably the first one) and extract the contents. you will find the iso file extracted then. you can then mount it using daemon tools or whatever and watch your videos

Or use VLC Player, it plays .ISO files too....:)

shokan
03-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I extracted the first RAR file to desktop folder. The Vortex ISO file icon appears (Properties> 7Gigabytes). I mount this to drive I. It automatically then becomes "XBOX360 (I)" with two folders inside: Video_TS and Audio_TS. Audio is empty. Video_TS folder has six files:

-Video_TS, BUP file, 12kb
-Video_TS, VLC media file (.vob), 3, 212kb
-VTS_TS, IFO file, 12kb
-VTS_01_0, BUP file, 12KB
-VTS_01_1, IFO file, 12kb
-VTS_01_1, VLC media file, .vob, 3212kb

The two VLCPlayer files and the two VTS IFO files are a short video clip that has the message: "To play this disc, put in a XBox 360 console."

This TV documentary file took a day and a half to get, and the file size was HUGE. I don't understand why the Vortex ISO icon says abouit 8 gigs, and yet when mounting all I get is about 6 mb of XBox 360 messages and two BUP files. This was one of 31 RAR files, but I tried a few and they're all the same.

Uh-oh, looking at the file now, I think I've downloaded a GAME, not a video documentary. But, still, why is it so huge, and yet all the RAR files only contain about 6mb each?

saqib
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM

Or use VLC Player, it plays .ISO files too....:)

he had downloaded a windows vortex iso image . not a video , he has extracted them ,now the format i think is in .daa i guess , and i think Magic ISO support this

shokan
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry, I guess I've got a game here, not a video. Woops. :'(