PDA

View Full Version : TB is underrated ?

J-dye
03-10-2008, 05:39 AM
its a great tracker , great content ,freeleech on packs and a nice community

but i dont see people really talking about it here :shifty:

Annoyed
03-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Agreed. It's very underrated. I just started using it more myself lately.

mindtrick
03-10-2008, 05:45 AM
True, good number of peers, nice speeds, easy to seed, free leech packs, nice forum with decent members.
It could easily be my all time favorite site if they were not strictly 0day. Yes there are packs but not enough to find everything. If it had a request section like Revott's it would be terrific.

(I)
03-10-2008, 05:47 AM
They will never have a request section, they are strict about it

mindtrick
03-10-2008, 05:50 AM
They will never have a request section, they are strict about it
I know :(

(I)
03-10-2008, 06:05 AM
:hmmm: if u r active in their forums and don't mind to pm me ur nickname there, it would be fine

mindtrick
03-10-2008, 06:08 AM
I've never posted anything but I sometimes have a glance at the forums.

(I)
03-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Never mind man

Nardz
03-10-2008, 06:30 AM
I totally agree! i love all the freeleech packs and its also very very easy to seed.

bikernin
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
this has been discussed several times before and there are several TB faithful here. the packs are really amazing and speeds are blazing fast as well.
the only reason you feel it is underrated is because they do not have invites and are relatively easy to signup. its not one of those level 5+ trackers everyone wants. for me, that makes the tracker even better :P

soulreaper
03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
It's underrated simply because it's open to signup. Close signups and invites and maybe the rating will go through the roof.

bikernin
03-10-2008, 09:45 AM
It's underrated simply because it's open to signup. Close signups and invites and maybe the rating will go through the roof.

exactly my point!
somehow i feel that is good for a tracker like TB in many ways. there wont be trading since its very easy to get into. and a low profile was never bad for a torrent tracker. so the major chunk of problems staff of other trackers face are already eliminated

Qlix
03-10-2008, 10:18 AM
It's a little too big for my taste. I prefer smaller sites. But sure, if you like the sites big it's great. The forums are good.

aaatoel
03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
the only reason you feel it is underrated is because they do not have invites and are relatively easy to signup. its not one of those level 5+ trackers everyone wants. for me, that makes the tracker even better :P

Totally agree! Because it is quite easy to sign up people do not appreciate it the way they should! Not bad at all for us members though! :D

iamKy666
03-10-2008, 10:43 AM
this has been discussed several times before and there are several TB faithful here. the packs are really amazing and speeds are blazing fast as well.

I totally agree.In my opinion ppl often call a tracker ''godlike'' not by its content...but by its difficullty to get in!!!
LOL!!!:D

PACE
03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
being underrated has some advantages :D

fOrUmAs
03-10-2008, 10:56 AM

there are many sites on that WTAW list that are underrated,just becuase they are on (lower) lvl :rolleyes: and that sucks

unfortunately TB is not the only one underrated here.

SAM
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
true many trackers are underrated even the high level ones
take for example fsc they put it as level 9 out of rarity not out of security or content.
isn't this sucks
its is very underrated if you look at the community there
ipt 13500 torrents high speeds great staff still level 2
isn't this hell on earth

becomehokage
03-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I love TB for me the best tracker.

RedApple
03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Love TB too, it was my first tracker :D

lubu
03-10-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree...TB is a very underrated tracker...I just love their packs

Quasit
03-10-2008, 11:51 AM
One of the best things with TB is that the moderators/admins aren't hostile against their members.

Another small private invite scenetracker starting with S has probably the most hostile admins I've ever encountered on the net. Giving warnings/ban for every little thing, they love to give warnings when people don't break any rule. They probably have some daily ban/warning quota to fill to feel good.
Only reason I use it is cause it's they have seperate RSS for every category.

smc
03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
yep many underrated trackers on that list.. and TB is one of them.
in my opinion the most underrated private tracker is mma-tracker,it doesn't look as good as bitmetv but without a doubt one of the best dedicated trackers out there.

User651
03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I couldn't agree more. TorrentBytes is a brilliant tracker and without contest, my favourite. The staff is respectful and friendly. The forums are very active and content-rich and there is a team of dedicated uploaders who regularly put together new packs (particularly with respect to Japanese anime).

But what distinguishes TB from other private trackers most is that they managed to create a system with an efficient peer/seed balance. It's ridiculously easy to maintain a massive buffer there and I never found myself hesitating to download something. Also, whilst it is true that there is a 'no requests' rule there, the uploaders regularly browse the forums and generally do their best to go with what the users suggest.

When TB opens and you get a chance to subscribe there, you definately should.

Medooooo
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
TB is one of my best trackers ever .

whiteyes
03-10-2008, 03:17 PM
TBytes is really a great site! Always open signup and force you to use more secure password. And amazing freeleech packs!
I only dont like the torrent TTL (Time To live) function on TBytes. I cant seed some old torrents. Hope someday they'll remove it.

IceTee
03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
My first private torrent site.
Still use it a lot http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/Queo2/Avatars/Icons/TorrentBytes.gif

Qlix
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, yeah. TBy is a good site with a good community especially considering it's massive amount of users. I barerly ever use it for 0day, however, nice packs.

eits
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
yeah. TB's contents should be got 9 or 10 points.

krisil
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
it is my main tracker and is among the best , so as far as i am concerned , it is very highly rated :)

(I)
03-10-2008, 05:19 PM

exactly my point!
somehow i feel that is good for a tracker like TB in many ways. there wont be trading since its very easy to get into. and a low profile was never bad for a torrent tracker. so the major chunk of problems staff of other trackers face are already eliminated

Yeah but we don't talk about inv. rate, no one can argue it's 2, but as a content? Of course it worth more than 7
According to the outdated sticky thread here about what trackers offer, TB is now 60k not 45k, it contains 3000+ torrents not 1000+ and so on
I really want to help updating such a thread, pmed the author but w/o reply, at least there're stuffs must updated; numbers

TBytes is really a great site! Always open signup and force you to use more secure password. And amazing freeleech packs!
I only dont like the torrent TTL (Time To live) function on TBytes. I cant seed some old torrents. Hope someday they'll remove it.

They already extended it from 672 hrs to 1008 hrs. If u want to seed a torrent for long time try their packs.

TB staff cheating? hmm u must @ least talk about some proof, but why they cheating using their real usernames?