PDA

View Full Version : Are you using a Raptor 5 VPS?

sam45
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey guys,

I'm considering getting a Raptor 5 VPS from Hosting-IE, and I'm wondering what type
of speeds you're getting, and if you're happy with their service.

Are you truly getting 10 MB/s consistently?

Any complaints with their services? ( Besides the LONG wait for the set up )

Would you recommend using their services?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Sam

P.S. I wanted to go with OVH, but they won't sell to non-Europeans unfortunately.

hyt1
03-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I just got my Raptor 3 VPS a couple days ago and and very happy with speeds, 10-11 MB/s D and ~6 MB/s Up. Is pretty slow browsing when utorrent is open because of 512MB memory with windows. And it took 3 weeks to set up and that was after I emailed them to see when it would be ready. Overall for what I am paying I am very happy with service.

jonny81985
03-11-2008, 01:16 PM
I have a raptor 5 and i would say my consistent pload dpeeds on activ torrents are around 9, I can hit 10 and 11 but that never stays for lobg. I can highly recomend it

Jon

reno55
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Im still waiting on mine to be setup...sucks paying money for something that they havent delivered

sam45
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys,

I heard they have horrible set up times for sure, but once it's up and running,
I just wanted to know if they were worth it. Sound like they might be. :)

SgtMajor
03-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Im still waiting on mine to be setup...sucks paying money for something that they havent delivered

But you are not paying for something that they haven't delivered.

You only start paying once you get your log in details, that is when the cycle starts.

You may have paid for it to be set up, but you won't lose any days for what you have paid for.

sam45
03-12-2008, 12:15 AM

But you are not paying for something that they haven't delivered.

You only start paying once you get your log in details, that is when the cycle starts.

You may have paid for it to be set up, but you won't lose any days for what you have paid for.

I agree, and quite frankly, I don't care if I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks to be
set up, I'm already sharing a seed box with a friend.

What I want to know is their performance, and how well they deliver.

If they get consistent speeds, etc. That's my main concern. ;)

Cow King
03-12-2008, 12:19 AM
From my experience with that company sometimes they speeds drop down for few hours and then get back.
i had a server there not VPS and it wasn't so good the support was awful the only thing that was good the they setup my machine in less then 24 hours.
I was lucky I guess.

BlueLabel
03-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I had hosting ie and i didnt like it much (had raptor 1+)
the speed was very slow and it was the same in my friends hosting ie boxes.

sam45
03-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Thanks guys, this is the type of feedback I was looking for.

briand5379
03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Your speed all depends on who your sharing with. I know people who say they get great speeds and at the same time I know people who give examples of them getting not the greatest speeds.