PDA

View Full Version : Nero 5.5 Problem Any Help Appreciated!

kisianik
08-04-2003, 05:13 AM
Need serious help
Before all of you will tell me to switch to Nero 6 (I am considering this step, but afraid that I would encounter the same problem), help me to solve this problem.
After a few sessions of burning data (specifically .avi files) by nero express (faster and easier), suddently I am not able to 'add' files to new project. I have to restart nero express in order to burn new disc, however, I cann't burn more than 3-5 discs at time, no matter what I do. The strange thing is, that after reinstall (done it at least twice) I am able to burn 15-20 CDRs non-stop. Than the problem is coming back. So in order to burn 20 CDrs I need to restart Nero at least 4 times. It suuucks people.
Can ANYBODY help me.
thanks

I have
Nero 5.5.9.14 full retail version (from klite)
and old PC 600 mhz Celeron with 320 Ram

3rd gen noob
08-04-2003, 05:17 AM
are you serious??

you can't be bothered closing and opening nero a few times...?

really??

:blink:

i suppose you could try a newer version, i have 5.5.10.42 just now, you might want to try that...

kisianik
08-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Hey
sometimes 'closing and opening' get me wild. It is not suppose to happened, my friends do not have this problem and they happy with 55914, and not even thinking about 551042 or even 6009. If I upgrade, who knows, what I will encounter - I tried to find NeroCleanTool 1.1.3.5 or something similar to make a clean install of upgrade, but could not find it. Not even on kazaa. And it is very boring cleaning all registry manually - something always will be missed. And a new install can get corrupted by old settings. What next? Wait for another upgrade? Or change to Roxio? F**k now. I want to fix this s***t, and do it now!
Thanks for response anyway

Where at least may I get NeroCleanTool the latest version?

chalkmongoose
08-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Use Alchohol 120%, it's much better, and also easier to find.

kisianik
08-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Does anyone have or had similar problem, or it just happened to me?

lynx
08-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Check your ultrabuffer settings, is it set to automatic ?

Upgrade your version (to 5.5.10.42) as there have been definite memory leak problems with Nero. These have been particularly noticable with Win9x or ME. If that's what you are using and your friends have 2K or XP it could explain the difference.

Personally, I would consider a change to ROXIO a downgrade, but that's up to you.

kisianik
08-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks lynx
You right, I am using WinMe and my friends Win2K and XP. I will upgrade my nero and will see what will happened.
Thanks again

P.S. Where can I get NeroCleanTool? I would like to make a clean installation of 5.5.10.42, if it really matter. Not sure that will able to clean the registry completely, or maybe I don't have to. Give me an advice.

Thanks

lynx
08-04-2003, 07:42 PM
I've never found any need to use NeroCleanTool, so I can't help you there.

If you really feel the need to remove the nero settings from the registry, you will need to uninstall nero first, then you can simply use regedit. You would need to remove the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead

I don't think you need bother with anything else.

kisianik
08-04-2003, 07:49 PM
thanks again
I'm looking for the upgrade right now...
may choose nero 6.0.0.11, if find a serial