PDA

View Full Version : so many n00bs in fst..

1000possibleclaws
03-12-2008, 01:46 AM
well i'm pretty new here myself, but over the last couple of months it's seemed many older members have stopped posting and we've gotten tons and tons of new members that are n00bs. i find the (bittorrent) forums less and less helpful, and more and more filled with pointless threads and polls and dumb n00b questions.

am i just imagining this, or has the community started to go downhill since the new year? or is this just the way fst has always been?

brotherdoobie
03-12-2008, 02:27 AM
We're dying, en masse (cancer of the aids).

-bd :(

Cabalo
03-12-2008, 02:28 AM
it's a cycle. it happens at every big forum.

Artemis
03-12-2008, 03:48 AM
If its a cycle it is accompanied by a drop in I.Q., there are many who have stopped posting simply because of the lack of anything new, it really is rate this tracker, if you could only pick one, or zomg my a/c has been hAxx0red threads.
There really is very little comment on any more, I suppose if I gave myself a major concussion I would be able to carry on but barring that, not a lot of point really...............

MaaxHimself
03-12-2008, 04:03 AM
If its a cycle it is accompanied by a drop in I.Q., there are many who have stopped posting simply because of the lack of anything new, it really is rate this tracker, if you could only pick one, or zomg my a/c has been hAxx0red threads.
There really is very little comment on any more, I suppose if I gave myself a major concussion I would be able to carry on but barring that, not a lot of point really...............
Some1 juzt h4xx0rred my acount!.1>! plzz helpp 4 real.
Haha Demonoid needs to open so we'll have something to talk about.

Sanka113
03-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Haha! BTW has anyone heard about a good oiknk replacement. Also, i need to know where i can find old movies. Finally, which is better, bmtv or tvt.com.

Seriously, maybe they need to make a bitorrent topic FAQ. Hopefully if people look at that FAQ they won't ask the same questions. Also, at one forum that I was on, they had a similiar topics box that would popup when you type in the title of a new thread. A feature like that would be awesome for fst.

C-mos
03-12-2008, 08:53 AM
the older users are happy because they have received everything they needed

the think that now it's all over and they don't have to post again

and in 4 months they will return to trade the big accounts for the bigger accounts

sad ..but true :(

Alien5
03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
the older users are happy because they have received everything...
Speak for yourself :snooty:

Mr. Mulder
03-12-2008, 08:59 AM
received, lol :ghey:

SAM
03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
the older users are happy because they have received everything they needed

the think that now it's all over and they don't have to post again

and in 4 months they will return to trade the big accounts for the bigger accounts

sad ..but true :(
I have to disagree
old members are here cause they have friends here and talk to them in daily basis.
they are here because they like it here.
take mulder for example
the first thing he does after waking up is posting in the lounge the he is up
before he goes to work he posted"going to work"
before he get an intercourse he has to get a permission from us first
this man is polite
yes weired but polite
let's make him the member of the month:fst:

Disme
03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
It's not because there are a lot of n00bs on a board that the board itself becomes bad.

Some initiative from the staff may be needed. Like someone suggested...make some kind of BT-faq, with most of the n00b questions answered in there.

There may be lot's of n00b threads but that doesn't stop the regulars from opening and discussing interesting topics. I also think there should be a little more moderator interference in some topics.

I've seen newly registered members that find it hilarious to post all kinds of stupid posts, totally off topic and sometimes flaming other members without any provocation, and they can just continue as if nothing happened.

Also ... if a big part of the FST-comm is pointed towards invites you shouldn't be surprised of this evolution towards n00bness. As BT grows more popular, certain private trackers are acquiring some sort of 'walhalla'-status and everybody wants to get in. I remember the days when BT wasn't all that popular and most trackers that are now unreachable weren't that tight at all.

Before BT became so popular trackers couldn't be too picky about their membership because they would end up as empty trackers with virtually no members. Nowadays there's an abundance of BT-users and the trackers can be very picky on their membership because there is more ask than bid (just like on wall Street).

It's the members of FST that make the board. Not by complaining about lack of quality, but by posting themselves usefull answers to questions or information to try and turn a part of the n00bs into regular users that make up for an excellent community.

Just my 2cents.

Pzero
03-14-2008, 01:57 AM
received, lol :ghey:
wow, lol.

saqib
03-14-2008, 09:12 PM
It's not because there are a lot of n00bs on a board that the board itself becomes bad.

Some initiative from the staff may be needed. Like someone suggested...make some kind of BT-faq, with most of the n00b questions answered in there.

There may be lot's of n00b threads but that doesn't stop the regulars from opening and discussing interesting topics. I also think there should be a little more moderator interference in some topics.

I've seen newly registered members that find it hilarious to post all kinds of stupid posts, totally off topic and sometimes flaming other members without any provocation, and they can just continue as if nothing happened.

Also ... if a big part of the FST-comm is pointed towards invites you shouldn't be surprised of this evolution towards n00bness. As BT grows more popular, certain private trackers are acquiring some sort of 'walhalla'-status and everybody wants to get in. I remember the days when BT wasn't all that popular and most trackers that are now unreachable weren't that tight at all.

Before BT became so popular trackers couldn't be too picky about their membership because they would end up as empty trackers with virtually no members. Nowadays there's an abundance of BT-users and the trackers can be very picky on their membership because there is more ask than bid (just like on wall Street).

It's the members of FST that make the board. Not by complaining about lack of quality, but by posting themselves usefull answers to questions or information to try and turn a part of the n00bs into regular users that make up for an excellent community.

Just my 2cents.

+1

{I}{K}{E}
03-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm back. :cool:

_coder_
03-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Nothing to see here...move on....

Snee
03-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Most of you in this thread are a bunch of useless nubs.

Proper Bo
03-18-2008, 01:04 AM
says you, september 2003 pneub:snooty:

Snee
03-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Yeah, but I have more helpful posts outside of the lunch that you, or something else :snooty:

Proper Bo
03-18-2008, 01:39 AM
:whatevar: :snooty:

Snee
03-18-2008, 03:03 AM
:whatevar: :snooty:

/argument won :(

Proper Bo
03-18-2008, 03:06 AM
pwned right in the face:smilie4:

Disme
03-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Well ... this is one interesting topic that got spammed to hell ...

But at least we've seen some of the regulars postings.

:cool:

GoldStoNe
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
These so-called "noobs" are just building their number of posts. They will post any question or poll even if they sometimes sound silly just to get a reaction from others so that they can comment back and forth. It's a great way to build post count, I think..

manker
03-18-2008, 11:26 AM
These so-called "noobs" are just building their number of posts. They will post any question or poll even if they sometimes sound silly just to get a reaction from others so that they can comment back and forth. It's a great way to build post count, I think..

+1

Fixed.

Snee
03-18-2008, 11:32 AM

+1

Fixed.

To the max.

Snee
03-18-2008, 11:33 AM
None of them should breed.

IdolEyes787
03-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Isolation, the deletion of cultural signs from the process of transcultural semiosis, leads to stagnation. Semiotically, stagnation equals death.

chalice
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Isolation, the deletion of cultural signs from the process of transcultural semiosis, leads to stagnation. Semiotically, stagnation equals death.

Sixteen minutes past twelve, by my watch.

Hairbautt
03-27-2008, 12:23 AM
:blink:

IdolEyes787
03-27-2008, 01:37 AM
:blink:
Simplified version: Noob backward spells boon.

chamaeleo
03-27-2008, 02:05 AM
wow I'd multi quote all of the posts above but.. well go read.
all the fst masters of spamming in one single thread!
gonna pm the hell outta you lot and beg for those invites :-D

IdolEyes787
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
wow I'd multi quote all of the posts above but.. well go read.
all the fst masters of spamming in one single thread!
gonna pm the hell outta you lot and beg for those invites :-D

"You know I could hurt you, Jack. Like you're trying to hurt me. I could say something. I could tell you something, that would hurt... but I won't."

ziggyjuarez
03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
We all had the task of training New members or so called noobs, To make up for lack of ones posting in with in the loung it self...
quote, Unquote per say
ziggyjuarez `2008

J-dye
03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
enjoy your noobhood , because one day your gona have grey stars :sadwalk:

DasFox
03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I was just GIVEN some nice Invites, FST seems really nice if you ask me, and still some great posts going on too...

Long Live FST! :)