PDA

View Full Version : Optical Mouse Tech Support

Arm
08-04-2003, 08:50 AM
:( I spilled lemonade on my mouse and then I needed to take it apart to be cleaned and now the thing is taken apart and only 2 of the 3 keys work. The right-click button don't work and the roll-wheel don't work.

First off it is a Logitech optical mouse. If someone has this kind of mouse can they open it and take high-resolution pictures of it so I know where this one little piece of metal goes? Then post them here.

southernman
08-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Go buy yourself a new mouse

Arm
08-04-2003, 09:00 AM
If I was made of money believe me I would. :) But since I am not I will continue to sue this mouse until I eventually figure out where this little piece of metal goes.

sampson
08-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Dude, you dont haveto be made of money to buy awheel mouse :D . They onlycost maybe ten bucks

lynx
08-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Wash it.

No, this is not a joke. Anyway, what have you got to lose ?

Let the parts stand in warm water with a very small amount of detergent for about ten minutes, then let them stand in plain warm water for another five minutes to remove any detergent, then rinse again.

Leave them in a warm place to dry thoroughly.

Sugar (and other large molecules in sweetners), caffeine etc cause problems with contact isolation in some cases, or capacitance effects in others.

You can also do the same thing with keyboards.