PDA

View Full Version : DC++ is there anything like search engine for finding what I want ?

zikkk
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
there are many search engines for torrents, there are search engines for Rapidshare what about Dc++ ??

There is MoGLO 1.2.21 but it is not working if one has got vista installed.

Is there anything that I can use to find easily what i want ?

zikkk
03-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I see no one knows :(

Psyche
03-30-2008, 03:04 AM
I've been using DC++ for a few years, and although I'm no expert so I can't say yay or nay for absolutely certainty (since hackers make a point of breaking all the rules *grin*), as far as I know you have to belong to HUBS and be in them to search for material. So once you're in Hubs - yes. But if you're not in the Hubs - no. A hub is like a filter through which you can view members' material...and without the Hub, the link to everyone's hard drive does not exist (for DC++ downloading purposes).

With Hubs you search a person's HDD (that they allow), unlike Torrents that are more like links that anyone can access via trackers and meta trackers (torrent search engines). You need to be a member of a Hub to access this information- so it's kinda like fully private torrent sites where there is no torrent link to the outside world (wide web) - although that analogy is faulty since DC++ operates in a different way than torrents.

The way I see it, it's almost like trying to find a torrent without being connected to the Internet. :)

Once in hubs, you can search once across all hubs you are connected to to find what you need. Hope this helps.

eatpepsi
04-07-2008, 05:06 PM
^^

Can i connect to other hub i.e which isnt in the same city..