PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a lossless audio tracker

kloot
03-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi guys!

As the title might suggest, I am looking for a tracker with some nice FLAC content. Aswell as looking for new music, I also have some albums that I am going to be encoding to FLAC at some stage, and will want somewhere nice to share them. :happy:

Your recommendations are appreciated! :)

mafija
03-17-2008, 12:56 PM
The best is Pedros BTmusic

IdolEyes787
03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Strictly from research, no personal experience Pedros definitely,but you will need an invite.

dunson
03-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Why do people always suggest the best trackers that are nearly unattainable? Honestly, you don't even have an account there, so why suggest it? I don't mean to call you two out specifically, but it is a little frustrating that the general answer to "where can I find X tracker?" is to suggest the most elite tracker you've only read about? Despite what you may think, it doesn't help.

To the OP, I wish I knew where to find more lossless music. I've only seen little bits splashed around here and there.

kloot
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for recommending Pedro's guys, I will see if I can find anyone who has an invite. If not, i'm sure there's other ways to get in! :)

@dunson: yeah, it's frustrating that there isn't more of it to be found! I have a huge mp3 collection, but now over the last few months since I have found FLAC, I want to have it all FLAC! :D

Anyone else know of any other sites that are good for lossless music? Surely there are others no?

mafija
03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Why do people always suggest the best trackers that are nearly unattainable? Honestly, you don't even have an account there, so why suggest it? I don't mean to call you two out specifically, but it is a little frustrating that the general answer to "where can I find X tracker?" is to suggest the most elite tracker you've only read about? Despite what you may think, it doesn't help.

To the OP, I wish I knew where to find more lossless music. I've only seen little bits splashed around here and there.
I don't understand you 8.How can you now that I have or not account there.On my luckynes I have,and your comment hmmm what can I say
is so stupid:shutup:I give him only direction,and meybe someone will give him invites[bt music isn't ftn or swedbdr so rare]

kaiser
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, it depens what kind of music your into. For me it was far from best there because of the music content. Mainly clasic rock and simmilar music. No electronic/pop/rap music there. So I left my acc with positive ratio and never came back.

dunson
03-17-2008, 06:18 PM

I don't understand you 8.How can you now that I have or not account there.On my luckynes I have,and your comment hmmm what can I say
is so stupid:shutup:I give him only direction,and meybe someone will give him invites[bt music isn't ftn or swedbdr so rare]

I was referring more to the post below yours and such posts in general on FST. I still feel that as a member at the best tracker for FLAC, I think you might at least share the info you just did with the OP, which is much more helpful.

mafija
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, it depens what kind of music your into. For me it was far from best there because of the music content. Mainly clasic rock and simmilar music. No electronic/pop/rap music there. So I left my acc with positive ratio and never came back.

I rely don't understand you and meaning of you'r post:cry:.Man only ask for a place with flack musik and this is the best place with a flack music.Your percepcion is so wrong :frusty:

Annoyed
03-17-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not a member at E, so I can't say from personal experience. But I heard it's great(although almost impossible to get in). BTmusic is kick ass. There is new(not meaning new music, just constant uploads) shit upped all the time, great selection, and a good community. And this place you'll have a lot better chances to get in at.

If you want a Live lossless tracker, you can join Zomb Torrents.

IdolEyes787
03-17-2008, 07:17 PM

I was referring more to the post below yours and such posts in general on FST. I still feel that as a member at the best tracker for FLAC, I think you might at least share the info you just did with the OP, which is much more helpful.
Listen bud, I really don't appreciate your comment at all.Germanio asked for help and I tried to honestly assist in the best way that I was able.It is up to him not you to decide if it is of any value.Maybe if some people weren't such elitists he wouldn't have had so much trouble in the first place.I hope that in the future that you are not so quick to condemn.

canpan1808
03-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I recommend What

krunktastic
03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
It depends on what you're looking for. In terms of quantity, What and Waffles beat out any of the lossless trackers; more users equals more uploads. However they aren't as strictly moderated.

kaiser
03-17-2008, 08:46 PM
I rely don't understand you and meaning of you'r post:cry:.Man only ask for a place with flack musik and this is the best place with a flack music.Your percepcion is so wrong :frusty:
Do you think a person will be happy at Pedros even if he's into hip-hop music for example and doesn't want hear anything about clasical rock or jazz? It's not only about FLAC you see. Anyway, it's my opinion because Pedros was worthless for me because I'm more into electronic music myself.
Peace ;)

kloot
03-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Are you guys all finished arguing yet?! :P Seriously though, thanks for all your suggestions everyone :)

I'm not a member at E, so I can't say from personal experience. But I heard it's great(although almost impossible to get in). BTmusic is kick ass. There is new(not meaning new music, just constant uploads) shit upped all the time, great selection, and a good community. And this place you'll have a lot better chances to get in at.

If you want a Live lossless tracker, you can join Zomb Torrents.

Is 'E' the name of the tracker or is that a typo? I've never heard of it, what's their url (googling 'E' doesn't give much...actually it gives billions of results! :lol:

I will look up Zomb Torrents too, could be a useful resource :)

It depends on what you're looking for. In terms of quantity, What and Waffles beat out any of the lossless trackers; more users equals more uploads. However they aren't as strictly moderated.

Do these 2 have lossless content also? :unsure: I was unaware. I don't have either of them, but they both seem to be well sought after!

ghost716
03-17-2008, 08:51 PM
e****

krunktastic
03-17-2008, 09:02 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2131077/postcount4925

adissan
03-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Bt musci and E**** are the best fo the kind of music u are lookin for :)

kloot
03-17-2008, 10:36 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-post2131077/postcount4925
E***o

^^thanks krunktastic :)

come to think of it, i think i have heard about this one, it looks quite difficult to get into though :(

grimms
03-17-2008, 11:22 PM

Op asked where to find the best content for flac. None better then Pedro and E****. Don't strive for E****, it won't happen. Pedro's is your best bet, but you will have to proof to members why you should be considered to be invited. Also... you'll have to prove that you really want the site to download flac and to contribute your own flac releases, and also how to properly rip CD's and Vinyl you own to flac format(Properly!).:)

Quylui
03-18-2008, 12:04 AM
There are some great lossless trackers out there. If you really want to know about them, you could always PM me for info about them (no super-secret stuff though!).

As far as I know, the two aforementioned lossless trackers are by far the best, and if you have musical taste as well as some stuff to offer, it shouldn't be difficult to come across an invitation to either. Just make sure that if you end up uploading that you read the rules and are prepared to spend 1-3 hours per rip (and even more if you're attempting to do vinyl, which I don't even go NEAR).

grimms
03-18-2008, 12:07 AM
There are some great lossless trackers out there. If you really want to know about them, you could always PM me for info about them (no super-secret stuff though!).

As far as I know, the two aforementioned lossless trackers are by far the best, and if you have musical taste as well as some stuff to offer, it shouldn't be difficult to come across an invitation to either. Just make sure that if you end up uploading that you read the rules and are prepared to spend 1-3 hours per rip (and even more if you're attempting to do vinyl, which I don't even go NEAR).

Ha ha... You ain't lying. I just learned recently how to rip properly with EAC. Just learning how to properly configure and set-up EAC for your rip, will take hours. The rip itself took me over an hour. I can't even imagine ripping vinyl at this point.

Quylui
03-18-2008, 12:15 AM

Ha ha... You ain't lying. I just learned recently how to rip properly with EAC. Just learning how to properly configure and set-up EAC for your rip, will take hours. The rip itself took me over an hour. I can't even imagine ripping vinyl at this point.

For the OP, maybe you should consider reading up on some software called EAC, AutoFLAC, Foobar2000 as well as the hydrogen audio forums. What's expected in most music trackers nowadays is that the user uploads as well as downloads. The lossless trackers in particular have an extremely high rate of uploaders to members.

I would become familiar with these before you decide that you're ready to contribute to a lossless tracker. Like any tracker, it is expected that you seed what do download, but in order to be an active member and be invited in the first place, I would assume you would have to have some experience uploading music first. Hopefully if you do join, you'll soon be on your way to learning. :happy:

On a final note, make sure you have a proper system to play these lossless rips on, or it'll all be in VAIN!

halo-
03-18-2008, 12:27 AM
way to forget dbpoweramp, q

1000possibleclaws
03-18-2008, 12:44 AM

no, the most elite flac tracker is e****

halo-
03-18-2008, 03:23 AM

i understand what you are saying, but some of us do have accounts at those elite trackers, and they do have what the o.p. is looking for

unattainable, no; difficult to get into, sort of

on the bright side, waffles.fm and what.cd have lots of lossless music if quantity and not quality gets you off

kloot
03-19-2008, 05:09 AM

For the OP, maybe you should consider reading up on some software called EAC, AutoFLAC, Foobar2000 as well as the hydrogen audio forums. What's expected in most music trackers nowadays is that the user uploads as well as downloads. The lossless trackers in particular have an extremely high rate of uploaders to members.

I would become familiar with these before you decide that you're ready to contribute to a lossless tracker. Like any tracker, it is expected that you seed what do download, but in order to be an active member and be invited in the first place, I would assume you would have to have some experience uploading music first. Hopefully if you do join, you'll soon be on your way to learning. :happy:

On a final note, make sure you have a proper system to play these lossless rips on, or it'll all be in VAIN!

haha! Actually I have been tricking about with EAC/AutoFLAC over the last few days! :D I think my encoding skills need to be honed before I upload anything though. Thanks for all your help guys. I have a lot of info now on where my desired content can be obtained! :)

And yes, my name changed since yesterday :P

fartmaster
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I used to be a member of Pedro's and E X I G O but deleted my accounts when Oink was closed. I really regret it now!

Quarter
03-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Pedro is a great one, so I've heard..
But you can try What.cd too, I'm using it and it's great.

kloot
03-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Okay, I have joined zombtracker, looks great for live stuff. Will add the following to my wishlist:
Pedros BTMusic
E****
What.cd
Waffles (i am promised an invite when they open again, thanks to RaPPeR! :))

^^looks like there are some decent sources I didn't know about!:happy:

PSB
03-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Personally, I use Pedros, What, Waffles for all non EDM music. But the quality and type of ripping is somewhat suspect at the latter 2 trackers, hopefully the Iron seals at waffles will make things there better.

What and Waffles generally mirror each others content, you really only need one or the other.

For EDM, I have TT. :D

I'm, hoping to get onto E one day, but no one i know has an account to ask for a invite (my close group tend to share invites to all top trackers), and what ive read i dont think i'll get one here.

Anyway, i hope that lil bit of info helps someone.

PSB.

th0r
03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
PSB aren't you a staff member or something of the sort on TT? If you are, shoot me a PM.

monk3y
03-25-2008, 12:38 AM
My best advice to you is try getting into Waffles they have a big collection of flac music, upload your material and i'm sure someone from E or P will spot you and invite you to these top notch trackers.

If th0r is correct and PSB is not a fake or something else, he should have no problem getting into E*.

BTW GL with the flac week PSB <3

SenorBubbz
03-25-2008, 12:43 AM
What.cd has a great FLAC collection.

and BTMusic isn't the most elite FLAC tracker. E**** is more "elite" than BTMusic.

monk3y
03-25-2008, 12:53 AM
What.cd has a great FLAC collection.

and BTMusic isn't the most elite FLAC tracker. E**** is more "elite" than BTMusic.

"more? elite?"

They are both great trackers concerning flac music, quality and uploaders ;)

grimms
03-25-2008, 04:33 AM
I kinda have an itch for E**** now. Everyone keeps talking about it. If they have a huge Hip-Hop and Soul section, then I will definitely strive to join one day in the future. Anyways waffles is trying something new called the iron seal of approval for flac releases. That may put waffles in a whole new space evenually(big may).

th0r
03-25-2008, 04:38 AM
They are both great trackers concerning flac music, quality and uploaders

The E has higher quality ripping and uploading guidelines.

Funny about that waffle iron thing, because some of the top uploaders on E are members of that group, LOL.

Annoyed
03-25-2008, 04:56 AM
I wish they would bring that Iron Seal to What(maybe they will in the future). As BTMusic and What are my two most used trackers for music(lossless & lossy).

orfik
03-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Pedro's and E are the best lossless sites due to their strict ripping policies. The quality is less certain over at What and Waffles, but they offer more variety, especially in newer genres (post-rock, IDM, dream-pop, etc). There's also MBT (My Bloody Tracker), an -awesome- shoegaze oriented tracker that no one ever talks about, but many of its members belong to those lossless-only trackers everyone talks about so much, and upload stuff you won't find anywhere else.

Also, it's not impossible to get into any site. The mistake people make is trying to use this forum to access high level trackers. I wouldn't give STmusic to some of the people here.

adissan
03-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Pedro s and E are the best lossless trackers,when i say that i refer to quality of music and strict ripping format :)

PSB
03-25-2008, 05:59 PM
If th0r is correct and PSB is not a fake or something else, he should have no problem getting into E*.

BTW GL with the flac week PSB <3

Yeah, i wish GL for myself too. Gonna be one fun filled (not) week.

Good EDM flac has dried up all over the shop, so im hoping this will get people providing more.

th0r
03-25-2008, 09:16 PM

I'm always correct.