PDA

View Full Version : I'm Pissed Off

purelykhaotic
08-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Out of the last 45 songs i have tried to download... 40 of them had the annoying static and whistleing noise about 10 secs into it! WHY!? and how do i stop it. Is it me? Or the RIAA?

stonecold1203
08-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Its not you. Its the RIAA :)

THATSHAYNE
08-04-2003, 04:33 PM
I think you must have DL'd The Annoying Static and Whistling Band's Top 40 album - lol

Sounds like driver and codec probs, not the DL's Chk your sound card's Driver and configuration settings. Also make sure you have the Codec packs from home page here.

They can be adjusted and if they are this can also fowl them up. Make sure they are defaulted. :rolleyes:

Proper Bo
08-04-2003, 04:44 PM
I don't think it is the RIAA as I have NEVER *touch wood* had an mp3 do that, what stuff was it you were downloading? I think it may be due to how commercial the music is or something as to how much attention the RIAA pays to them.

TheDave
08-04-2003, 04:48 PM
its the pretty new commercial stuff. i couldnt get 50 cent PIMP

downloader2008
08-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@4 August 2003 - 11:44
I don't think it is the RIAA as I have NEVER *touch wood* had an mp3 do that, what stuff was it you were downloading? I think it may be due to how commercial the music is or something as to how much attention the RIAA pays to them.
Same with me.... but my sister once downloaded one and when she played it in the car....... ugghhh! Anyway, are you downloading mp3s all from the same artist that have this problem? Once, I tried download all songs from Weird AL Yankovic's "Poodle Hat" CD and all the songs were blanks, so I went looking again and downloaded new ones and they worked....

godsmack
08-04-2003, 05:01 PM
:blink: god this is stupid... every song i downloaded had that crap static in it... and right now.. it says that there are only.... 8 users on... when last week it was like some millions... im gonna go insane..

purelykhaotic
08-04-2003, 05:15 PM
I tried to download the whole bad boys II soundtrack...like five of the songs had the same hook from a completely diff song. i find it only messes up with newer songs. and i didn't have the problem with the last version of K++ only when i upgraded....hmmmmm?

downloader2008
08-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by godsmack@4 August 2003 - 12:01
:blink: god this is stupid... every song i downloaded had that crap static in it... and right now.. it says that there are only.... 8 users on... when last week it was like some millions... im gonna go insane..
This happened to me once, just Disconnect and Reconnect. Then the stats will go back to normal. If it doesnt fully close out of Kazaa Lite and rerun it.

jrday
08-04-2003, 05:23 PM
:huh: eh ever heard of soulseek?

godsmack
ok so now its 3,881,276 users.... now i may procede with my downloading... its just that static crap.. god i hate it!!!! why does it do that... :blink:

THATSHAYNE
Hmmmm

I suggest you stop listening to that newer stuff like, That Annoying Static and Whistling band and stick to the older static free types - it's really just a matter of simple math. :D

slick nick
08-04-2003, 05:28 PM
It's not codec problems it's fakes put on the network by the riaa. solution: stop trying to download the latest music off kazaa. you can either only download the song if it's 192 bitrate which will likely make it official or either use soulseek, minmx, irc, or hip hop mp3 newsgroups which allow you to get straight up mp3's throughs newsbinpro or some other application. newsbin pro is the simplest.

slick nick
08-04-2003, 05:29 PM
It's not codec problems it's fakes put on the network by the riaa. solution: stop trying to download the latest music off kazaa. you can either only download the song if it's 192 bitrate which will likely make it official or either use soulseek, minmx, irc, or hip hop mp3 newsgroups which allow you to get straight up mp3's throughs newsbinpro or some other application. newsbin pro is the simplest.

gaumond
08-04-2003, 11:18 PM
where can i get newsbin pro?

Engster510
08-05-2003, 12:37 AM
I feel everyones pain! The first time i heard that crap i cranked the song up to max and the all of a sudden it started spazzing out. These stupid ppl who think that they are cool just put all the wierd things into the songs, yet they are breaking down the kazaa system very slowly. These ppl, (who probably are 40 yrs old living in there basement) should be the ones getting fined!

:ph34r: Cougars495 over and out.

Aim: Engster510
Email: [email protected]

SeK612
08-05-2003, 12:53 AM
The worst I've gotten is some American Guy stating "Aol music, fist listen" every 30 secs or so throught the song :blink:. I have read that the RIAA might be putting out fake files just to screw things up though...

Adster
08-05-2003, 02:52 AM
its not you its the RIAA

that is a bullshit rumour myth and I dont knwo why ppl believe it

yes soulseek the way to go no fakes at all good quality dont have to babysit or preview your files becasuse you know they will always be the real thing

3rd gen noob
08-05-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@5 August 2003 - 03:52

its not you its the RIAA

that is a bullshit rumour myth and I dont knwo why ppl believe it

yes soulseek the way to go no fakes at all good quality dont have to babysit or preview your files becasuse you know they will always be the real thing
i think there is some truth to this rumour

is there any proof either way though?

:blink:

Adster
08-05-2003, 03:05 AM
true there is no proof but why would the RIAA put out copyrighted material on the net to start with??? regardless that its f*cked up.

heres what happens

1 users encodes it

its f*cked up screetching pop whatever

shares it

then a few ppl u/p it go to bed wake up lsiten to the tracks but their f*cked up so what happens?? they keep it on their HD and say f*ck it it might as well stay there Im not going to bother to try to get the real thing.

so thats how you end up with 100 users with f*cked up screetches

and about 1 source which is impossible to get the real thing useally

3rd gen noob
08-05-2003, 03:07 AM
how is it possible for people not to notice lots of scratching sounds or popping in their music though??

:blink:

p.s. my 666th post :devil:

Adster
08-05-2003, 03:15 AM
p.s. my 666th post 

your evil :devil:

to answer the wuestion I think some ppl just leave their machine running on overnight wake up find out its f*cked up and jsut leave it their if its a fake or f*cked up msot of the time my cancel buytton gets hit before its completed if it is complete delte in the trash it goes

Skillian
08-05-2003, 03:17 AM
I said this in another post, it's not a rumour - look up companies like Media Defender. They are hired by record companies etc. to spread fake files. It is their job, and they are open about doing it.

Link (http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030706.wbinternet0706/BNStory/Technology/)

Not the best link, but google and you'll find a lot more.

Adster
08-05-2003, 03:41 AM
ok you maybe right skillian but I still blame the user you can;'t tell me how can 1 user have the real thing and 10000 users have the f*cked up one its just ridiculous ppl don't know how to delete files I'm telling you

Skillian
08-05-2003, 03:43 AM
ppl don't know how to delete files I'm telling you

Ain't that the truth! That's why they're so easy to spread.

karpad357
08-05-2003, 04:10 AM
That has nothing to do with it.

Users hosting fake files are put there by companies contracted by the RIAA,
they have super high bandwidth and several versions of the song so that people will download and so the find more sources will pick them up

Try searching for a really popular new song and pick a few users at random to see their list of shared files, you will see that the lists are identical, and all the files are fake

The only solution to this problem would be to figure out a way of blocking those users from showing up in the search results

godsmack
08-05-2003, 04:12 AM
well f-that

Adster
08-05-2003, 04:18 AM
well f-that

what he said :rolleyes:

not that it matters I dont use KL for music now

Renegade720
08-05-2003, 04:35 AM
use verifieddownloads.com

boyzeee
08-05-2003, 04:39 AM
i would actually disagree with downloading from alot of sources, alot of people leave shite copies they have downloaded in there shared folder (tho why i just dont kno :angry:) and they just spread and spread, try downloadin from someone listed as only source, good chance is they have ripped the file themselves and it ok, it might take a little longer to download but no longer than trying 10 different copies just to find they crap. you could also try and send the user a msg to ask if file ok but alot of people block incoming msg's but worth a try. and if you do get a shite copy delete it. its the only way to stop this sorta thing. hope this helps ya also look in verified downloads on home page.

slick nick
08-05-2003, 05:34 AM
go to newsbinpro.com for newsbinpro. it's not free but you can look for cracks. as for new music once again there are plenty of news groups with albums and songs that are mp3 you can dpownload and there's irc. Just like all the new movies that come out on kazaa are usually fakes so will the albums be. New albums are ripped by crews and upped through irc and newsgroups. get your material straight from the horses mouth newsgroups or irc. neither are diffult to use and master. And there's always soulseek if you can't be bother but newsgroups have no queues you download straight away at top speed. It doesn't get any better.

podgey
08-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by THATSHAYNE@4 August 2003 - 16:33
I think you must have DL'd The Annoying Static and Whistling Band's Top 40 album - lol

Sounds like driver and codec probs, not the DL's Chk your sound card's Driver and configuration settings. Also make sure you have the Codec packs from home page here.

They can be adjusted and if they are this can also fowl them up. Make sure they are defaulted. :rolleyes:
it is nothing to do with his computer it is the riaa because they are fucking up all popular mp3s

Engster510
08-05-2003, 01:50 PM
To tell you the truth, i think it is that god damn larz from metallica doing it, and he secretely works at the RIAA for tampering the songs on kazaa and kazaa lite.

RIAA/LARZ SHOULD BE STOPPED NOW!

Aim: Engster510
Email: [email protected]
:ph34r:

balamm
08-05-2003, 02:25 PM
hmmmm.. Really?

By the way, I have to wonder how many viruses are on their way to your aol inbox right now [email protected] ;)

Those and email harvestors love people who post email addresses on open forums.

Engster510
08-05-2003, 08:45 PM
go to hell

N£MO
08-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Engster510@5 August 2003 - 21:45
go to hell
Or use AOL. :D

Adster
08-06-2003, 02:04 AM
For f*ck sake its not the RIAA

Bryanhoop
08-06-2003, 02:57 AM
It is the RIAA!!! They hire people, or do it themselves. They use super-high bandwidth to start sending one song with the same hash as the normal one, but it's only static. When people use them as a source, this static is inserted where you downloaded that part of the song from the RIAA. At the beginning, it might be only a small chunk, but after a while, it continues to spread from user to user, and the song becomes useless. It is better just to download from one user on a lot of the newer stuff, because they may have just ripped it, or may have been one of the lucky ones to get a good coopy before the RIAA began propogating the static version...also, it gives you less of a chance as being seen by the RIAA downloading copywrited stuff.

NightStalker
08-06-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Bryanhoop@6 August 2003 - 02:57
It is the RIAA!!! They hire people, or do it themselves. They use super-high bandwidth to start sending one song with the same hash as the normal one, but it's only static. When people use them as a source, this static is inserted where you downloaded that part of the song from the RIAA. At the beginning, it might be only a small chunk, but after a while, it continues to spread from user to user, and the song becomes useless. It is better just to download from one user on a lot of the newer stuff, because they may have just ripped it, or may have been one of the lucky ones to get a good coopy before the RIAA began propogating the static version...also, it gives you less of a chance as being seen by the RIAA downloading copywrited stuff.
Do you work for the RIAA? Also do you have any proof for the theory you have just created? :rolleyes:

Renegade720
08-06-2003, 07:49 AM
night stalker, is ignorance bliss? i'm dying to know! :)

Engster510
08-06-2003, 04:53 PM
i believe him....

I also wanted to say that i am also a big fan of metallica, the black album rocked and i was just referring to napster which failed.

Who knows, kazaa might be the next failure of piracy.

purelykhaotic
08-06-2003, 04:59 PM
ALL of you...wait most...no wait some of you had good ideas. i tried Soulseek...it isn't that great. But i found that i have no fake ass annoying files...the same with WinMX. I think the RIAA or whoever infiltrated Kazaa first because it is the biggest. maybe the other ones are coming... THERE IS ALOT so it is gunna take a while.
check out how many p2p progrmas are out there at www.zeropaid.com

Bryanhoop
08-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by NightStalker+6 August 2003 - 03:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 6 August 2003 - 03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bryanhoop@6 August 2003 - 02:57
It is the RIAA&#33;&#33;&#33; They hire people, or do it themselves.&nbsp; They use super-high bandwidth to start sending one song with the same hash as the normal one, but it&#39;s only static.&nbsp; When people use them as a source, this static is inserted where you downloaded that part of the song from the RIAA.&nbsp; At the beginning, it might be only a small chunk, but after a while, it continues to spread from user to user, and the song becomes useless.&nbsp; It is better just to download from one user on a lot of the newer stuff, because they may have just ripped it, or may have been one of the lucky ones to get a good copy before the RIAA began propogating the static version...also, it gives you less of a chance as being seen by the RIAA downloading copywrited stuff.
Do you work for the RIAA? Also do you have any proof for the theory you have just created? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Yes...who else has access to theses insanely fast connection speeds, who would be willing to take the time to alter all of the hashes to completely screw us all over...I&#39;m sure many of these are directly off of a backbone somewhere. And who has access to these backbones? LARGE companies (aka RIAA and its affiliates).

hnkg3
08-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Yup. RIAA. Let&#39;s just say....I got a friend in the pipeline industry. B)

boyzeee
08-06-2003, 09:58 PM
By the way, I have to wonder how many viruses are on their way to your aol inbox right now [email protected]

go to hell

balamm was giving you some friendly advice, you deserve to get spammed in ya email :D :D :D :D