PDA

View Full Version : I Am Sharing!

weber169
08-04-2003, 05:27 PM
I think many users confuse not allowing a list of your shared files (as K-lite 2.4 gives you the option of doing) with not sharing. I get messages saying I'm not sharing when 3 people are d/l my files right then. People need to learn the difference. I don't want to be considered a bad p2p citizen for having this option on.

slick nick
08-04-2003, 05:32 PM
what's the big deal? there are enough people sharing to not be concerned with the cunts who must tell you off for not being able to view your files. either turn incoming messages off or message them and inform of k++ and maybe win over some new users.

james_bond_rulez
08-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by weber169@4 August 2003 - 17:27
I think many users confuse not allowing a list of your shared files (as K-lite 2.4 gives you the option of doing) with not sharing. I get messages saying I'm not sharing when 3 people are d/l my files right then. People need to learn the difference. I don't want to be considered a bad p2p citizen for having this option on.
cry me a river

IamCool
08-04-2003, 11:14 PM
turn you messages off. :P

Renegade720
08-06-2003, 07:43 AM
i just wouldnt answer to the threats. lol, the riaa is gonna be so broke

stonecold1203
08-06-2003, 01:38 PM
How did RIAA come into this?

Switeck
08-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by weber169@4 August 2003 - 12:27
The reason perhaps for the confusion is there's NO such option in regular Kazaa, Grokster, or Imesh.

Although K++'s popularity grows every day, I still think it's a minority of the fasttrack network.

Mosfos
08-07-2003, 08:24 AM
I like getting a list of peoples' files. Sometimes if I find someone with a really fast connection, I'll get a list and see if they have anything else I like.

podgey
08-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Mosfos@7 August 2003 - 08:24
I like getting a list of peoples' files. Sometimes if I find someone with a really fast connection, I'll get a list and see if they have anything else I like.
same ere

RealitY
08-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by podgey+7 August 2003 - 09:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (podgey @ 7 August 2003 - 09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mosfos@7 August 2003 - 08:24
I like getting a list of peoples&#39; files.&nbsp; Sometimes if I find someone with a really fast connection, I&#39;ll get a list and see if they have anything else I like.
same ere [/b][/quote]
Oh well, days change.

Arm
08-09-2003, 08:49 AM
Does not letting people see your shared files really do any good? I sure don&#39;t think it does.

Adster
08-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Who gives a f*ck where all sinners

RealitY
08-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Arm@9 August 2003 - 09:49
Does not letting people see your shared files really do any good? I sure don&#39;t think it does.
If you have mutiple files, they could see them, making you a larger target.

Spook
08-11-2003, 08:27 AM
Does it really matter if they see what you are sharing

You can only upload so much

DavidPH55
08-12-2003, 03:20 AM
what i dont get is... why would you not want to share? if nobody gives nobody gets, so... what the hell is your problem?&#33; if i find people that dont share, heres my test
1. if a user has 0 or 1000 participation level
2. find more files from same user
3. if nothing is found then go to step 6
4. if you find anything try to downlad it
5. if it can find no more sources, and the petrson is still uploading cancel it
6. if you dont find any files, send them a message asking &#39;do you share?&#39;
7. if they respond go to step 9
8. if they do not respond, cancel it
9. if they do respond, and they say yes go to step 11
10. if they say no cancel the upload and state &#39;you dont upload, you dont download&#39;
11. if they say yes, tell them they are an awful lia and cancel the download
note if you reach step 5 and its remotely queued its up to you to decide if its the same person or not.
i also dont think they should have the &#39;cheat participation level&#39; option its HIGHLY annoying, anyways, if you follow those steps, you can start to herlp clean up the scum on kazaa, which must be rather scummy when you think about it...

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by DavidPH55@11 August 2003 - 22:20
what i dont get is... why would you not want to share? if nobody gives nobody gets, so... what the hell is your problem?&#33; if i find people that dont share, heres my test
6. if you dont find any files, send them a message asking &#39;do you share?&#39;
10. if they say no cancel the upload and state &#39;you dont upload, you dont download&#39;
note if you reach step 5 and its remotely queued its up to you to decide if its the same person or not.
i also dont think they should have the &#39;cheat participation level&#39; option its HIGHLY annoying, anyways, if you follow those steps, you can start to herlp clean up the scum on kazaa, which must be rather scummy when you think about it...
Why even worry about whether or not people are sharing. With Kazaa Lite it is almost impossible to know whether or not someone is sharing. Just make sure you share. If you are cutting people off because you think they are not sharing, you are just being a leech yourself.

Argh, Mateys&#33; :pirate:

Jay
08-12-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by I&#39;m_going_slightly_mad+12 August 2003 - 07:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I&#39;m_going_slightly_mad @ 12 August 2003 - 07:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DavidPH55@11 August 2003 - 22:20
Why even worry about whether or not people are sharing. With Kazaa Lite it is almost impossible to know whether or not someone is sharing. Just make sure you share. If you are cutting people off because you think they are not sharing, you are just being a leech yourself.

Argh, Mateys&#33; :pirate: [/b][/quote]
right :D

DavidPH55
08-12-2003, 04:41 PM
well,i personnally think tehre shouldnt be an option to not share anyways, i cannot think of a single reason why you wouldnt want to share, cept that your keepin stuff from other people, also, id like to note, i almost never download music, i usually download games and tv shows, and there are never many sources to be found with them, and i always get the feeling that there are more sources that just wont share, and it pisses me off so muuuch, so, you see, people who download files from me, and dont share, are only proof this happens, so i kick em off, cause they dont deserve the files if they arent going to share them, grrrrr, im so tired of waiting weeks just to start downloads when i know there has to be more people that have it if anyone can give me a truely good reason to not share, then please, let me know, also, so you dont have to do anything to find it heres my e-mail [email protected] im waiting for a good reasonv for you to ruin p2p downloading....