PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Error?

kaffeine
03-19-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm getting this error quite often..

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /vb3/f-lounge-10/t-last-one-post-gets-20-284907 (http://208.101.40.56/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-last-one-post-gets-20-284907).
Reason: Error reading from remote server
Apache Server at filesharingtalk.com Port 80

And no, I'm not using a proxy to browse the bored (I'm sure some clueless was gonna ask that...)

Polarbear
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm getting this error quite often..

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /vb3/f-lounge-10/t-last-one-post-gets-20-284907 (http://208.101.40.56/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-last-one-post-gets-20-284907).
Apache Server at filesharingtalk.com Port 80

And no, I'm not using a proxy to browse the bored (I'm sure some clueless was gonna ask that...)

yeah, me too. fst seems to be a little messed up recently.

tesco
03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
We're working on this issue with the tech support guys.
You'll just have to put up with it for now until we can find a solution.
The problem is whenever the server gets heavily loaded, and doesn't respond in a certain amount of time, you will get that error.
Tech. wants me to figure out why the server load goes so high, while I just want them to change that time limit. :lol:

seppypom
03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
i get this everytime i look at a thread with a few hundred posts

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869.

Polarbear
03-21-2008, 12:40 AM
i get this everytime i look at a thread with a few hundred posts

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869.

i can't open any old thread (including the one you posted). reload doesn't help. it's just the same 502 proxy error over and over again.

i found at least 20 threads (with new posts) that i just can't load. no chance. at the same time other threads work just fine.

kaffeine
03-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Yea, I get the error all the time in large threads (I guess because I have it to show 100 posts per page...? because smaller threads display just fine.)

and now I'm getting trouble browsing in general. I get to browse the forum for about 5 mins then I get a timeout error, and I have to wait like 45 mins before I can reach the site again :dabs: I can browse if I use a proxy though.. strange.

edit: I just read the other thread explaining the cause of these problems. I guess we'll have to be patient.

tesco
03-21-2008, 01:55 AM
(I guess because I have it to show 100 posts per page...? because smaller threads display just fine.)Well then I guess you know what you have to do.:whistling

kaffeine
03-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Well then I guess you know what you have to do.:whistling
I refuse to have 10 pages instead of one :snooty:

lol, I've obviously changed the option, but I hope it's only a temporarily solution.

grimms
03-21-2008, 06:42 AM
I get it too from time to time. Some dummy kid with no life is the reason for all this probably. Ddos attacks. I'll just wait it out with the rest.