PDA

View Full Version : Death Of Superman

MetroStars
08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Ok can any 1 explain sum thing for me, iam not a fan of the Superman comics..

but what was it that killed him, and where did it come from, and did SuperMan come back from the dead...

Gemby!
08-04-2003, 07:11 PM
well i aint got a clue but he is called superman and i think they just made him die and come back for the fun of it :P

ObLiViOuS_1.0
08-04-2003, 10:41 PM
you kick my dog!!! i have no idea why that could have happend

:blink: :blink: :blink:

mutterings
08-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Hi metro Yes superman comes back from the dead :blink: so does doomsday :huh: superman/doomsday hunter prey.
His origins are as follows :
Doomsday's origin. Almost 250,000 years ago, on a ferociously inhospitable planet, an alien conducts an experiment to create the ultimate being. Obviously a huge Darwin fan, the alien puts the "survival of the fittest" to the test by repeatedly ejecting an infant into the hostile environment and repeatedly cloning the surviving tissue - forcing it to develop and adapt. Over an unknown period of time, the cloned beast defeated all other life forms and then turned upon it's creator. The monster then escaped in the alien's space ship, eventually landing on the planet Calaton. After years of destruction, they leaders of that planet creatde an energy being called the Radiant, who was able to defeat and contain the beast. The containment chamber is left to drift in space, eventually impacting Earth.
More info here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/special-reports/doomsday.html)

chalice
08-07-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by mutterings@5 August 2003 - 00:58
Hi metro Yes superman comes back from the dead :blink: so does doomsday :huh: superman/doomsday hunter prey.
His origins are as follows :
Doomsday's origin. Almost 250,000 years ago, on a ferociously inhospitable planet, an alien conducts an experiment to create the ultimate being. Obviously a huge Darwin fan, the alien puts the "survival of the fittest" to the test by repeatedly ejecting an infant into the hostile environment and repeatedly cloning the surviving tissue - forcing it to develop and adapt. Over an unknown period of time, the cloned beast defeated all other life forms and then turned upon it's creator. The monster then escaped in the alien's space ship, eventually landing on the planet Calaton. After years of destruction, they leaders of that planet creatde an energy being called the Radiant, who was able to defeat and contain the beast. The containment chamber is left to drift in space, eventually impacting Earth.
More info here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/special-reports/doomsday.html)
Couldn't have said it better myself, Mutterings.
Such a potentially amazing story wasted.
What were they thinking? Talk about trying to boost sales.
Supes gets killed alright! Just to come back in The Return of Superman (which was another failure).
Metro, I wouldn't even waste my time on this cash-cow if I were you.
Get the new MTV Spiderman episodes.
My faith in the genre restored. :)

mutterings
08-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by chalice@7 August 2003 - 09:28
Couldn't have said it better myself, Mutterings.
Such a potentially amazing story wasted.
What were they thinking? Talk about trying to boost sales.
Supes gets killed alright! Just to come back in The Return of Superman (which was another failure).
Metro, I wouldn't even waste my time on this cash-cow if I were you.
Get the new MTV Spiderman episodes.
My faith in the genre restored. :)
I stopped collecting comics in 1994ish purely because of the fat money grabbing companies that are out to make a buck on weak and pathetic story lines...
chalice i have heard quite a few things about this new mtv spiderman.Do you have the hashes?I did find a torrent site devoted to the episodes but stupidly i didnt add it to favorites and as such cant remember the site addy now:(

RGX
08-07-2003, 02:35 PM
NEW SPIDERMAN EPISODES?

Why wasnt I informed? :D

Off to search for them, but hashes or links to torrents would be great, havnt had a check on www.suprnova.org yet, they'll prob show up there at some point

is bytemonsoon back up?

olibomb
08-11-2003, 09:35 AM
RGX they have quite a few of them on Suprnova :afro:

Schmiggy_JK23
08-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Spidey episodes here (http://216.187.86.37/index.php?showtopic=57345&st=0&#entry443176)

though getting them on suprnova is probably faster, not many sources for these yet...

J'Pol
08-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by RGX@7 August 2003 - 15:35
NEW SPIDERMAN EPISODES?

Why wasnt I informed? :D

Off to search for them, but hashes or links to torrents would be great, havnt had a check on www.suprnova.org yet, they'll prob show up there at some point

is bytemonsoon back up?
"Why was I not informed" - I think you will find old bean.

mutterings
08-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+11 August 2003 - 21:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 11 August 2003 - 21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@7 August 2003 - 15:35
NEW SPIDERMAN EPISODES?

Why wasnt I informed?&nbsp; :D

Off to search for them, but hashes or links to torrents would be great, havnt had a check on www.suprnova.org yet, they&#39;ll prob show up there at some point

is bytemonsoon back up?
"Why was I not informed" - I think you will find old bean. [/b][/quote]
nope i am sure i wasnt informed me old chapper :D ;)

bob_the_alien
08-13-2003, 05:31 PM
What makes the Death of Superman worse, was I actually bought into the whole thing, then the whole funeral for a friend series, destroyed it. And now everything is back all happy again.

Damn marketing tools,
At least now, the whole comics are worth money kick is over, so comics have finally started to get back to what they are meant to be about, reading.

I&#39;ll never understand those people that bought four and five issues of the same comic, and never read it. What&#39;s funny now, is those comics aint worth squat.

And the new Spider-Man series is Kick Ass, but since mainframe is the company doing it, what else can you expect, but they still need to bring back Reboot.
I need it I tell you, bring back BOB.

apollooff320
08-18-2003, 05:15 AM
I thought superman came back to life as a bad guy.

Busyman
08-20-2003, 12:37 AM
There was the Cyborg Superman, Man of Steel, Superboy, and Alien Superman (I think he was called Man of Tomorrow)
The Cyborg Superman turned out to be evil. I can&#39;t remember his name off hand but it was older character basically feigning Supes.
The Mna of Steel was just a black guy from the hood that made a Steel suit. There was a movie called Steel with Shaq based on this character.
Superboy was a clone.
brb gotta go

By the way an even worse story was Superman Red/ Superman Blue

yonki
09-04-2003, 11:45 PM
he aint dead,he just fell off a horse and now is in a wheelchair.maybe some day he will walk again,if he uses those mother cells.but surely superman wont fly again unless he drinks a redbull

Damnatory
09-05-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by yonki@5 September 2003 - 00:45
he aint dead,he just fell off a horse and now is in a wheelchair.maybe some day he will walk again,if he uses those mother cells.but surely superman wont fly again unless he drinks a redbull
Thats really harsh man. :swear:
How can you sit there and dis someone that is the image of a legacy? Christopher Reeves is who most people think of when someone talks about Superman, yes, but putting all that aside, where do you get the right to make fun of people less fortunate then yourself. Reeve&#39;s accident was devestating to a whole generation of people. The "man of steel" almost died.

runescaper
09-06-2003, 03:56 PM
i got this comic (stopped collecting this things like 5 years ago), its in a pretty good shape. Does any1 know how much i could get off it?(and some help finding how much i could ask for the 250+ i have)

Pcsteele
09-07-2003, 10:03 AM
It&#39;s really not worth that much, mostly cause the series is crap now. Maybe when and if they make a new movie it would be worth something. If they had made that Superman Lives movie and it was a hit it would have been worth something while the movie was hot.

chalice
09-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by runescaper@6 September 2003 - 15:56
i got this comic (stopped collecting this things like 5 years ago), its in a pretty good shape. Does any1 know how much i could get off it?(and some help finding how much i could ask for the 250+ i have)
DC were just too greedy with this one.
They saw the potential for big bucks quick and went and betrayed the massive audience it took them years to acquire.
This book was printed in ridiculous numbers and I suspect it would be cheaper than toilet roll to wallpaper your house with.

Wolfmight
09-20-2003, 09:19 PM
lol, like they reproduce the First comic 100% the same way it looked before.. sell it for half price (still alot)

ashutosh_cool16
09-23-2003, 06:42 AM
SUPERMAN ... i.e. Christopher Reeve...

To knw more abt him...
visit
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

haha

chalice
09-23-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by ashutosh_cool16@23 September 2003 - 06:42
SUPERMAN ... i.e. Christopher Reeve...

To knw more abt him...
visit
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

haha
I&#39;ve just read what that twat had to say about Chrisopher Reeves.
I can only conclude that he is a ballbag and you are an even bigger ballbag for linking the shite he&#39;s talking.

ashutosh_cool16
09-23-2003, 06:14 PM
That guy rocks... if you don&#39;t agree.... you are wrong..&#33; :P :D :lol: