PDA

View Full Version : My apology

dythim
03-21-2008, 07:39 AM
All,

I have made a big mistake and I attempted to trade an account. I was foolish enough to do so and consequently some of my accounts have been banned since. I was very foolish and selfish and I have learned my mistake. From hereon, I will cherish the rest of my trackers and make contributions to those communities. I will no longer trade.

To all, one of the sites I was banned at was BitMeTV. Since then, I have talked to the staff there and openly admitted my foolish and stupid mistake. While we were talking, they treated me kindly and with respect and I did the same for them. Being courteous, honest, and open will go long ways as opposed to lying. The staff have been kind and generous enough to offer me a second chance. Please do not flame the staff there or anywhere else for the poor actions we make and give them the courtesy and respect anyone deserves.

Polarbear
03-21-2008, 07:45 AM
I will no longer trade.

glad to hear that you learned something. you chose to learn it the hard way, but you did.

maybe your post will encourage some people not to trade and respect site rules from the beginning.

take this as an example, newcomers!

Swift
03-21-2008, 08:18 AM
I traded once and still regret what I`ve done .. they gave me a second change to ! and I respect very much that ! So I will never trade again

Keep yourself clean !

(I)
03-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Nice words my friend
And good one about bitmetv staff
Ur words just tell us that they aren't childish as some say

pbjabba
03-21-2008, 08:42 AM
The staff have been kind and generous enough to offer me a second chance.
Wow, never thought i'd see that. You must've caught the staff on a good day. Alot of people complain about them being unfair but this goes to show they can't be as bad as the majority makes them out to be

Swift
03-21-2008, 12:10 PM
this show only that they care about the users to ! :D

phrenzy
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
One thing I've learned about Bitmetv.... Act like a retard and they treat you like one...Act like an adult and get treated kindly and most of all be honest and admit your mistakes...

Disme
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I will no longer trade.

glad to hear that you learned something. you chose to learn it the hard way, but you did.

maybe your post will encourage some people not to trade and respect site rules from the beginning.

May I ask why it is forbidden to trade and where can I find that in the FST-rules?
What's the difference between a giveaway and a trade and what is the middleman request-section for if trading is forbidden here.

I understand trackers don't like to see their invites being handed out without carefully investigating the invitee, but most trackers have a policy where the inviter is responsable for his invitee, so why is trading or giving away invites forbidden than. The inviter will be punished if he invites a bad user anyway.

Just something I don't really understand.

puckface
03-21-2008, 01:36 PM
hehe

dunson
03-21-2008, 01:41 PM

May I ask why it is forbidden to trade and where can I find that in the FST-rules?
What's the difference between a giveaway and a trade and what is the middleman request-section for if trading is forbidden here.

I understand trackers don't like to see their invites being handed out without carefully investigating the invitee, but most trackers have a policy where the inviter is responsable for his invitee, so why is trading or giving away invites forbidden than. The inviter will be punished if he invites a bad user anyway.

What if he invites a "good" user who keeps their ratio and even logs everyone's IP for future reference (i.e. evidence in court)? Just one of the more obvious security issues.

Disme
03-21-2008, 01:53 PM
What if he invites a "good" user who keeps their ratio and even logs everyone's IP for future reference (i.e. evidence in court)? Just one of the more obvious security issues.

Rather shortsighted I believe. You think that couldn't happen with an invite giveaway???

On the internet you can claim to be anyone...if you have time and some brains you get into every tracker eventually. Even by obeying all the rules.

All these people trying to stop filesharing have lot's of time and resources.

BlueLabel
03-21-2008, 02:14 PM
The staff have been kind and generous enough to offer me a second chance.
Wow, never thought i'd see that. You must've caught the staff on a good day. Alot of people complain about them being unfair but this goes to show they can't be as bad as the majority makes them out to be

maybe they smoke something ;)

athenaesword
03-21-2008, 02:20 PM
good for you man. when i was new to private tracking i made a thread on another site about offering one of my invites to RevTT for trade. then i got onto fst and realised that ppl were actually against it. prior to that i honestly thought that that was the way to go to get into the trackers i needed. just a normal market sorta thing.

so that trade offer never got realised and i didn't put up anything about trading after that. but a month and a half later some dude dug up my post and spilled on a mod to that tracker, and i got banned as result. i hung around for about 14 hours in their IRC waiting to speak to the mod, to no avail.

not everyone gets a second chance is what i'm saying. i don't blame the guys who banned me since they were really just doing their job, and not everyone's forgiving. most of the time being polite and truly apologetic is useful, but sometimes it isn't nearly enough, so don't gamble if you don't have to. screaming and cursing at mods definitely doesn't work though.

so i say treasure what you have and if u have any old incriminating posts do remember to close them, if you no longer have those intentions. one of the replies i got was: "why didn't you close the thread?" which i found quite humorous cus i never pursued anything beyond putting up the first post, and i'd totally forgotten about it lol.

anyway, once again grats on ur luck and we like the tude man!

John1988
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I will no longer trade.

+1 :yup:

Something Else
03-21-2008, 02:49 PM

FST goes against every tracker's rules.
Doing giveaways here or trading invites will get you banned at any site that catches you.
It's irresponsible and if you do that here you deserve to be banned.

monk3y
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
bla bla bla

saqib
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM
All,

I have made a big mistake and I attempted to trade an account. I was foolish enough to do so and consequently some of my accounts have been banned since. I was very foolish and selfish and I have learned my mistake. From hereon, I will cherish the rest of my trackers and make contributions to those communities. I will no longer trade.

To all, one of the sites I was banned at was BitMeTV. Since then, I have talked to the staff there and openly admitted my foolish and stupid mistake. While we were talking, they treated me kindly and with respect and I did the same for them. Being courteous, honest, and open will go long ways as opposed to lying. The staff have been kind and generous enough to offer me a second chance. Please do not flame the staff there or anywhere else for the poor actions we make and give them the courtesy and respect anyone deserves.

+1

Disme
03-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Doing giveaways here or trading invites will get you banned at any site that catches you.

Thx ... that makes it cristalclear :naughty:

hitman51
03-21-2008, 07:19 PM
if you trade you will get no where...

stitched
03-21-2008, 07:19 PM
i always tot people spoke about bitmetv staff unfairly....hmm well yeah sure trading is not the way to get into a tracker if only i knew better before...not trading is fine just dont be an antitrader.

J-dye
03-21-2008, 07:49 PM
bla bla bla

+1 more bla

so many pussies in FST :glag:

Roark
03-21-2008, 07:54 PM
All,

Which staffer?

(I)
03-21-2008, 08:57 PM

I didn't realized that when I signed up here for the 1st time, & it's my prob now every one wants me to have bunch of reps & I guess 90% of users with high rep are collectors &/or traders (if not cheaters). But unfortunately it's the shortest way to whatever u want

soulreaper
03-21-2008, 09:02 PM
All,

Btw if you're apologizing to me then apology accepted. Time to move on to brighter things.

pone44
03-21-2008, 10:14 PM
def a lesson all should take in!

All,

JROQuinn
03-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Yea I wish people would stop complaining about staff on any tracker
1. watch how you approach them
2. They dont know whats going on except what the stats tell them
3. They actually dont know you personally
4. Theyre primary job is security
5. They are staff
6. Stop being a baby & get over yourself

Glad you learned your lesson btw but still be careful who you give invites too. Study them or give to irl friends you trust. I got invites Ive had for months or weeks and dont plan on dishing them out unless I am almost positive they will be active, never trade it or give it away and never cheat.

Annoyed
03-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Good for you dythium, glad you got your account back. I wouldn't risk trying to trade anymore. Some staff won't be that nice.

Nemrod
03-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Any man can commit a "stupicide", only one wiseman will learn of it and will try to rectify.

Glad for you, and as one of the very few BitMeTV staff defenders I only can say that the keyword is that one you wrote twice: respect. And a demonstration of respect is not to think they are stupid when you expose a problem to them.

Best wishes. ;)

TheFoX
03-22-2008, 01:55 AM

You have to understand that what happens at FST may certainly go against the wishes of some trackers, as much as what happens at most trackers goes against the wishes of the copyright holders we are infringing the rights of.

There's nothing to stop someone trading one account for another, or even selling an account, as there is nothing stopping us from sharing the latest album or motion picture. There's no difference to someone being globally banned for trading accounts, to someone being arrested for facilitating the trade of copyright material.

FST facilitates the trading of accounts as do trackers facilitate the trading of intellectual property. The main difference, however, is that trading accounts is dealt with by issuing a ban, whereas trading intellectual property is dealt with by a prison sentence and/or a fine.

So, which is the worst of the two evils? I would prefer a global ban from all torrent communities rather than have my arse raped by a bruiser called Gerald.

I should also point out that trading accounts can also result in the said arse rape because the account trader often gives their accounts to unknown entities, who could be agents of the evil empire looking for more victims to suck dry...

grimms
03-22-2008, 03:31 AM
I will no longer trade.

Definitely. I respect the OP for being open and honest. It doesn't taint your credibility with me and probably alot of others. Glad to hear just be honest, love your communities, help out, and members and staff will respect you in the end.:D

dythim
03-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments. To be honest, I was actually ashamed to come back here cause of my stupidity but there are some great members here and I have come to value this lesson and how kind and understanding people are here.

saqib
03-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments. To be honest, I was actually ashamed to come back here cause of my stupidity but there are some great members here and I have come to value this lesson and how kind and understanding people are here.

yeah u thought it right man , its actually a beatiful thing that uhave admitted that u were wrong , i hope u ll enjoy staying here at FST ,be nice and active here and make friends , soon u ll get everything u r in need of
best of Luck for future

Kapone
03-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Takes a lot to admit when your wrong. But everyone deserves a second chance. A Mistake isn't a mistake if you learned something from it. Good Luck friend..

markupmaster
03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
I traded when I first started out...

I really regret it..

It was a big mistake..

:(

Actatoi
03-23-2008, 04:16 PM
bla bla bla

+1 more bla

so many pussies in FST :glag:

Good thing that you are such a badass then :lol:

:whistling

GoldStoNe
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Just wondering...Is giving away of accounts equivalent to trading?

Nemrod
03-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Just wondering...Is giving away of accounts equivalent to trading?

For trackers staff is absolutely the same thing.

buggyfresh
03-24-2008, 06:51 PM

I didn't realized that when I signed up here for the 1st time, & it's my prob now every one wants me to have bunch of reps & I guess 90% of users with high rep are collectors &/or traders (if not cheaters). But unfortunately it's the shortest way to whatever u want

True..when i joined FST i didn't know much about trading etc..I was a PU on emonod and so got invites thru that forum..this was new and at first seemed ok until i actually spoke to ppl on other private trackers and saw rules there...I got banned on one for getting an invite here, though I was given a chance. If you come here first you can make a booboo without ever realising it!

You have to understand that what happens at FST may certainly go against the wishes of some trackers, as much as what happens at most trackers goes against the wishes of the copyright holders we are infringing the rights of.

There's nothing to stop someone trading one account for another, or even selling an account, as there is nothing stopping us from sharing the latest album or motion picture. There's no difference to someone being globally banned for trading accounts, to someone being arrested for facilitating the trade of copyright material.

FST facilitates the trading of accounts as do trackers facilitate the trading of intellectual property. The main difference, however, is that trading accounts is dealt with by issuing a ban, whereas trading intellectual property is dealt with by a prison sentence and/or a fine.

So, which is the worst of the two evils? I would prefer a global ban from all torrent communities rather than have my arse raped by a bruiser called Gerald.

I should also point out that trading accounts can also result in the said arse rape because the account trader often gives their accounts to unknown entities, who could be agents of the evil empire looking for more victims to suck dry...

Too true...I can understand the trackers' concerns and mine as a fellow pirate..but if we look at the law of the land nobody's on safe ground here!

TheFoX
03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Too true...I can understand the trackers' concerns and mine as a fellow pirate..but if we look at the law of the land nobody's on safe ground here!

While it is not safe, there are precautions we can take to make it a little safer.

It's like speeding on our main roads. Anyone who blindly puts their foot down will get caught. On the other hand, someone who invests in an early warning camera device will benefit from the alerts generated, and adjust their speed so as not to get caught.

That's not to say that using the various detectors means you will escape the law, but that your chances of getting caught are much slimmer (more down to luck on the polices side).

It's no different with torrent sites. If a site operator uses due care and attention, then they are much more likely to get away with whatever law they are breaking, than someone who blithely goes about their business without a care in the world.

Remember that every little bit helps, from SSL to closed invites, from small membership to strict policies/rules.

pone44
03-25-2008, 04:47 AM
read the rules on the tracks before you sign up and you will see the rules/faq on most.......