PDA

View Full Version : Hoi, Snee

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Have you seen this

https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/

Might be interesting for other tax dodgers who are into computery stuff.

Snee
03-22-2008, 12:53 PM
That's very good stuff. I'll have to check if my uni is connected to it.

You can even get a legal windows server 2003, sweet. If I can get in, I might change my OS to that, been thinking about it anyways. I'm a big fan of win2k. And though I have a working legal-ish version of VS2005 pro, I'll have to upgrade to 2008 at some point. May come in very useful.

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
And also if anyone had like a school age brother or something else then they could probably use those details.

tesco
03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
They only have 1 school for canada.
And it's not the one I go to :/

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 01:46 PM

What about friends, family, someone here helping out. Would that be possible.

tesco
03-22-2008, 01:49 PM

What about friends, family, someone here helping out. Would that be possible.No it's not one that any of those people go to.
In fact, I've never even heard of it before.

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I read it as there were certain schools and organisations which could verify you as having student status, not necessarily that you attended that school. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I take it the Canadiain Association of Sparks and Plumbists isn't one of the organisations.

Snee
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM

they didn't have my uni either :ghey:

They have my cousin's uni though, so that's all right :smilie4:

Snee
03-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Waitaminnit, I can verify using some faggy card using a national database my uni keeps sending me.

I usually toss them out, but I hadn't even opened the one with the card i got this term :smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Waitaminnit, I can verify using some faggy card using a national database my uni keeps sending me.

I usually toss them out, but I hadn't even opened the one with the card i got this term :smilie4:

:O

What about you Tesco, do you have your card for being faggy.

Certainly in the UK students get a card to prove they are a student. I believe it's called the student identification card or something else.

You get a 10% discount at CBK with it (food only)

Snee
03-22-2008, 02:25 PM
This is not the student ID-though, that's another card (though that too gives some discounts and stuff, and better ones at that), this one is called "Mecenat" and is meant to be good for discounts in all sorts of places. I find having them sent to me is a nuisance, and that I can never get owt good with it, though.

Until now.

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Would that be like the matriculation card in the UK, if such a thing still exists.

Snee
03-22-2008, 02:37 PM
:idunno: I'd never heard of that, but it sounds less commercial, like.

The mecenat-people probably count as a "commercial student identity provider", or at least that's what fits best of the options microsoft mention. Basically it seems to be a joint effort between a bunch of companies to generate moar revenues off of students, rather than something official, like the proper student I.D. I also get.

tesco
03-22-2008, 04:57 PM

:O

What about you Tesco, do you have your card for being faggy.

Certainly in the UK students get a card to prove they are a student. I believe it's called the student identification card or something else.

You get a 10% discount at CBK with it (food only)I'm only in school for 2 months so I'm pretty amazed they even gave (or, i should say, they keep promising they will give) us student IDs and library cards for the 1 school i'm in...

Mr JP Fugley
03-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Know anybody who's a bit longer term (pun intended) who could help out.

brotherdoobie
03-23-2008, 05:02 PM

You can even get a legal windows server 2003, sweet. If I can get in, I might change my OS to that, been thinking about it anyways. I'm a big fan of win2k. And though I have a working legal-ish version of VS2005 pro, I'll have to upgrade to 2008 at some point. May come in very useful.

It's the best OS Microsoft has put out. Period.

-bd :happy:

chalice
03-23-2008, 05:26 PM

Sorry to hear you're having cramps, mate. :pinch:

brotherdoobie
03-24-2008, 06:17 AM

Sorry to hear you're having cramps, mate. :pinch:

Are you calling me fat? I'm just bloated and irritable. ffs

-bd :dry:

Mr JP Fugley
03-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Does my arse look big in this forum.

Snee
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
FYI, I'm just getting windows server 2k3. Once I got past the daft registration for the people doing the verifiation it works well.

Got a serial for it already and am downloading a couple of isos right now.

They didn't have the os in my language so I'll either install the english version, or I'll get another version later on, the key should still work.

tesco
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Your language isn't english? :O

Snee
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
:blink: Like, tessco, wtf.

Proper Bo
05-07-2008, 12:24 AM
ffs tesco, everyone knows sneessön-san is japanese:rolleyes: