PDA

View Full Version : Prime Suspect

brotherdoobie
03-24-2008, 12:24 AM
What a freaking awesome show. I miss it. Helen Mirren's character was a fucking train wreck, and she was brilliant in her portrayal of a bitter drunk; stewing in absolute loneliness.

-bd :01:

clocker
03-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Agree without reservation.
Jane Tennyson is one of the all time great TV characters.

A worthy companion series (with a male protagonist) is Cracker with Robbie Coltrane.

Something Else
03-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Cracker was a cracking show. :pinch:

brotherdoobie
03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Agree without reservation.
Jane Tennyson is one of the all time great TV characters.

A worthy companion series (with a male protagonist) is Cracker with Robbie Coltrane.

I've wanted to check that show out - and I always forget about it (thanks for the reminder).

-bd :happy:

clocker
03-25-2008, 01:24 AM
When- not if- you do, be sure to watch them in sequence.
Although the stories are standalone, the character development/interaction is linear and the impact of the series (particularly the second series) is intensified by knowing all the backstories.

The lead story of the second series, To Be A Somebody, is one of the most harrowing shows ever on TV.

brotherdoobie
03-25-2008, 01:36 AM
When- not if- you do, be sure to watch them in sequence.
Although the stories are standalone, the character development/interaction is linear and the impact of the series (particularly the second series) is intensified by knowing all the backstories.

The lead story of the second series, To Be A Somebody, is one of the most harrowing shows ever on TV.

I'm getting goose bumps. I'm off to the land of FTP!

-bd :01: