PDA

View Full Version : Tips for seedbox ...

tjbzonasul
03-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I am thinking about buying one, again. But can someone clarify to me if is better use for seedbox to leave many files on the box for longer term or to leave few files and seed until ratio buids up and then change. Obrigado/ Thank you

Hrvoje
03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
second one

Ragecloak
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
It depends on your setup. If you have unmetered bandwidth, leave them on there indefinitely. If you have a cap on your bandwidth a month, manage it just enough so you dont go over but still use as much as possible :)

yayyyyyy
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
depends on the site...

for example on slow sites full of leechers and ppl with low upload like TL or revtt you can left a file seeding for weeks and get a good buffer...

on "high level" scene trackers where most ppl have seedboxes like sct or scl (two where i get hard time buffering) you can delete a file pretty soon... even if it's a 20gb pack in a couple of hourse there will be no leechers and you will end up racing against others 100mbit/gbit seeders just to feed some slow adsl user :D

on waffles or what instead you have to keep the files in seed till your harddrive will die... as there's nearly nobody leeching there :|

tjbzonasul
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you all very much for the tips. Since I am mostly into music trackers, i guess i should go for space and "seed til you bleed" option.

colbert
03-25-2008, 02:23 AM
depends on the site...

for example on slow sites full of leechers and ppl with low upload like TL or revtt you can left a file seeding for weeks and get a good buffer...

on "high level" scene trackers where most ppl have seedboxes like sct or scl (two where i get hard time buffering) you can delete a file pretty soon... even if it's a 20gb pack in a couple of hourse there will be no leechers and you will end up racing against others 100mbit/gbit seeders just to feed some slow adsl user :D

on waffles or what instead you have to keep the files in seed till your harddrive will die... as there's nearly nobody leeching there :|

I agree completely. Waffles and What require seeding for a LONG time. High-level trackers like ScT - most of your upload will be within the first 24 hours.

dunson
03-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Seed for 5-50 hours and you're good with like a 5 or 10 + ratio. HTH