PDA

View Full Version : BlackCats invites are back ?

Swift
03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1889/bcgbackum6.jpg

We have had a trial for Uploaders with this for the past week or so, and its worked quite well, now there is only 130 uploaders, but nearly 4,000 SPU so this may get a bit out of hand. If it does and only admin and above can create accounts, we will suspend it till we catch up.

Now dont go daft here, we do not want the same SPU asking 10 times in a week, be sensible, 1 every 2-4 weeks will do. (if that).

But as we have not got any invites, and i cant see them getting done any time in the near future, then we are going this route for now. And we badly need some more good members in here.

If you have someone you want to invite, then send a message to the staffbox with. hxxp://www.blackcats-games.net/contactstaff.php

Their Username (not real name)
Their Password
Their email address
NO Hotmail - Yahoo - Gmail and no other FREE email services for this promotion
Some rules though that should be self explanatory.

1: No Trading/Giveaways on Public Forums, if you do we will catch you.
2: No selling on Ebay (as if yous would)
3: Dont go poaching Uploaders from other private trackers, this may get you banned on other trackers and give us a bad name.
4: You can discreetly (some trackers are ok with this others are not) PM good members on other trackers asking if they want to join, or give it away on that trackers external invites thread, if they have one.
4: Invite your real life friends if you tust them and they want in.
5: Try to explain to them the SP mod as best you can, and point them in the direction of the SP FAQ, we do not want them to be scared to download older torrents.

As you are sending it to the staff box, and only a select number of Staff can create accounts, you may have to wait awhile before it gets done, just have patience.

Is this true ?

stoi
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
you cant trust frigging anyone these days can you not even SPU

Cabalo
03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
LOOOOL of course not.

well, guess i'll have to wait longer to get to BCG.

Swift
03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
ok then :D i tought it was something wrong :P

stoi
03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Nah but the reason is.

We are going stagnant, yep even with 45,000 members its going a bit stale, most members have downloaded everything they want to download, 6000 games on the tracker doesnt leave a lot of room for anything more, because there isnt many more avaliable that are not brand new releases, that are not already on the tracker, maybe DC/saturn but not many download those anyway.

So it was either open up, in which case we get lots of members through the doors straight away, but then it takes the staff a hell of a lot of time banning dupe accounts, cheaters etc etc.

Or, we do this and let SPU invite members, which will mean more work for the staff initially by creating them accounts, but then hopefully 90% plus will be good members, we already had 1 member that totally understood the SP system so thats a good start, members that have been there for a year still cant grasp it lol (or even know about it).

So we feel that this will get more members in, and a better quality of member as well, and we wont have to run about like blue arse flies for the next 2 months chasing cheaters etc.

BTW we have about 4000 SPU and to become an SPU you need.

Must achieve a global ratio at or above 2.05, have uploaded more than 100GB, be registered for at least 12 weeks, have at least 15 completed torrents in their history, and have 5 HnR points or less. Promotion is automatic. Don't ask staff to do it. When a Super Power User, if their ratio ever drops below 1.95 or they accumulate more than 5 HnR points, they will automatically be demoted back to Power User status, and they must raise their ratio back or remove their Hit and Runs by seeding in order to be promoted again.

so hopefully they will know better than to invite bad apples.

BTW Seeed, if you got that from another tracker PU or Elite forum, why even think about posting and asking here, why not just ask on that forum (if your not a member of BCG that is so couldnt have asked me) actually you could have just PMed me on here.

I knew it would be on here sooner or later, but i thought we might have had a few days grace, not 24 hours

tutipute
03-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Nah but the reason is.

We are going stagnant, yep even with 45,000 members its going a bit stale, most members have downloaded everything they want to download, 6000 games on the tracker doesnt leave a lot of room for anything more, because there isnt many more avaliable that are not brand new releases, that are not already on the tracker, maybe DC/saturn but not many download those anyway.

So it was either open up, in which case we get lots of members through the doors straight away, but then it takes the staff a hell of a lot of time banning dupe accounts, cheaters etc etc.

Or, we do this and let SPU invite members, which will mean more work for the staff initially by creating them accounts, but then hopefully 90% plus will be good members, we already had 1 member that totally understood the SP system so thats a good start, members that have been there for a year still cant grasp it lol (or even know about it).

So we feel that this will get more members in, and a better quality of member as well, and we wont have to run about like blue arse flies for the next 2 months chasing cheaters etc.

BTW we have about 4000 SPU and to become an SPU you need.

Must achieve a global ratio at or above 2.05, have uploaded more than 100GB, be registered for at least 12 weeks, have at least 15 completed torrents in their history, and have 5 HnR points or less. Promotion is automatic. Don't ask staff to do it. When a Super Power User, if their ratio ever drops below 1.95 or they accumulate more than 5 HnR points, they will automatically be demoted back to Power User status, and they must raise their ratio back or remove their Hit and Runs by seeding in order to be promoted again.

so hopefully they will know better than to invite bad apples.

BTW Seeed, if you got that from another tracker PU or Elite forum, why even think about posting and asking here, why not just ask on that forum (if your not a member of BCG that is so couldnt have asked me) actually you could have just PMed me on here.

I knew it would be on here sooner or later, but i thought we might have had a few days grace, not 24 hours

The plot thickens... :)
I don't mind waiting in line... before you blink i'll be knockin' at your door.

Now seriously, you must find a way to distinguish between the bad guys and the good guys. We also deserve a chance. MmMmM, don't we?

Swordfish
03-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Now, if only I knew an SPU on BCG :whistling

The new system seems well thought out. I can see why free e-mail providers would not be accepted. However, a lot of e-mail addresses provided by ISPs will block a lot of mail, so that might result in a few problems, even with spam filter disabled.

Hope the new system works out well for the site.

Kyokushin
03-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Looks like a "bad-user-proof" system, neat, but it seems like a lot of work for the staff since they have to create the accounts themselves.
Too bad I don't have any real life friend on BCG lol

Kapone
03-25-2008, 12:45 AM
I'll be eagerly waiting to try and catch an invite. Only time will tell...

:D:D

(I)
03-25-2008, 02:06 AM

Ur trackers is very important and ofc the news will be here immediately :D

Annoyed
03-25-2008, 03:56 AM
Well, that's a really good thing. I was hoping PU's would get invites again too, but I only have a few more gb's to go before I'm SPU(as I have a close friend that I want to join).

I hope by doing it this way you'll get a lot more of the good members than bad. And yeah, this was kind of shitty to post on a public forum. But it was going to happen no matter what.

On a side note, that SP mod is the best thing you could have done for the site. It's so nice to download an older torrent, and not have to worry about it seeding back.

Dark Archon
03-25-2008, 07:16 AM
This is a good way to invite good users to the tracker, the traders must be desperate SPUs if they try to seal a deal at this time.

dunson
03-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Cool stoi, hope the site gets some fresh blood and grows.

But WTF is with no free email? I realize that's to discourage dupe accounts, but I honestly don't even know what my ISP email is.

The Wanderer
03-25-2008, 07:48 AM

Is this place that bad? ;) :lol:

Just kidding... I hope you'll get only quality members. :yup:

Imo the higher is the rank of members who have access to invites, better quality members you get. Higher rank members really appreciate/are devoted to the site, enjoy being part of tracker's community, really use the site (upload/download a lot). They truly want what's best for the site.

rhak
03-25-2008, 07:49 AM
not the hardest to know the email provided by an isp.

Swift
03-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Choose wisely

adissan
03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Great info :)
Thanks a lot

stoi
03-25-2008, 09:02 AM
its got nothing to do with dupe accounts.

BCG is hot property atm, i am on another tracker, Elite or whatever, but im not realy into games, i here about this, think hmm, go and create a gmail account, ask for an invite, get one as im a good member with that free email, go and trade it straight away without even login in for another site.

Swift
03-25-2008, 09:31 AM
its got nothing to do with dupe accounts.

BCG is hot property atm, i am on another tracker, Elite or whatever, but im not realy into games, i here about this, think hmm, go and create a gmail account, ask for an invite, get one as im a good member with that free email, go and trade it straight away without even login in for another site.

i`m sure that SPU users wont invite traders / scamers / cheaters and will choose wisley :yup:

Free signup would be a mistake because of double accounts and triple and 0 dld/up accounts that will be traded NO FREE signup:noes:

stoi
03-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Well thats what im saying, we can trust our SPU to get good members, but can we trust those good members 100% to not trade or cheat.

Swift
03-25-2008, 10:22 AM
there are still ppl in BCG who want to trade there accounts :( i hope some day this trading will die !

stoi
03-25-2008, 10:30 AM
as long as there is the WTAW thread and others similar on other forums, Trading accounts will never die, its like pokemon, some just have to try them all (even if they dont keep them)

Swift
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
haha nicely sed :P

wish you good luck and hope to hear good things about BCG

would love to join you community not necessary to be a SPU cuz i haven`t got a very amazing speed ;) but i would love to try out hope a SPU will see this thread and help me out

anto
03-25-2008, 10:34 AM
cool

(I)
03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
traders kill any chance to serious people to get any inv. especially with their rep. shit toooo high

escuoop
03-25-2008, 03:23 PM
that's good news, but still the free email issue

hoping to see FTN invites again

stoi
03-25-2008, 03:32 PM
well it wouldnt be an issue if there was no threads like the WTAW thread and there was no traders.

what gets me with traders is, They dont want the tracker they are on, so why do they want a tracker they have never even seen before.

I wont go into details but ive just deleted my account on a lvl 9 tracker, because it just wasnt for me, but some people would give an arm and a leg and all the trackers they have for it, even though they have never been inside it. only because its a lvl 9 tracker, bloody stupid if you ask me.

soulreaper
03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
This is great news although the requirements to get invited are really stringent for a 45k+ userbase if you know what i mean.

I wont go into details but ive just deleted my account on a lvl 9 tracker, because it just wasnt for me, but some people would give an arm and a leg and all the trackers they have for it, even though they have never been inside it. only because its a lvl 9 tracker, bloody stupid if you ask me.

So much for the great communities the lvl 9 trackers boast of(which i'm sure they have *wink wink*) although i'm sure you deleted your acct for your personal reasons.

Member since 02,stoi? Holy shit i didn't even have an internet connection back then,wahahahaa!

Ragecloak
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Awesome to hear it's back open! I've been wanting to get in BCG for a long time now. Now i'm one step closer to getting the best games tracker there is! Now i just gotta find someone nice enough to let me in :)

stoi
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
well the latest member that joined, and remember the tracker as it is now only opened in Dec 2006, so about 1 year and 4 months ago.

Is member number 312812.

so we have already been through the opening the doors, uploading torrents onto mininova etc, and we are back to 45,000 members and loosing about 1000 members a week.

The ones that want to be there want to be there, and we are pleased to have them, but we are being a bit more careful about the new clientel we bring in now. and we dont want to go down that road where for 2 months after we open we are still banning members.

just look at another tracker that opened its doors not to long ago, seemingly (im not a member) they have banned 16,500 users since they closed again, thats what we had to go through all last year and it was never ending.

so we tried that way, it didnt work, it did bring in some very good members though.

we are trying this way now, see how it works.

Polarbear
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM

how dare you! :O

just kidding. i can understand you. i probably would have deleted my bcg account as well if i had one, because i'm not into games :P

tastes are different and so are trackers. deleting an account you don't need for some reasons is the right thing to do. no matter what frigging level it is.

you should watch a movie from time to time though and not only play games mate (if you still play at all?) ;)

stoi
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
truth is i dont play games, im into a bit of everything though, as in i will download everything, or most things anyway, but this tracker had everything, it had nothing to do with the content or the community, they had loads of torrents, and what looked like a good community there, i was only there a week though.

like i said, it just wasnt for me at all, so instead of just hanging around like a bad smell and not doing anything, or even worse trading it (even though it was under this name, so no chance of that even if i wanted to, which i 100% didnt btw) i just deleted it but sent a nice PM off to the staffbox first explaining my reasons (to some degree).

(I)
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
so we tried that way, it didnt work, it did bring in some very good members though.

we are trying this way now, see how it works.

The 50 k users site may have only 1-2k active members (community active I guess)
So don't expect to invite 500 to find that 300 of them are active
I know you also don't want to invite 500 450 of them worth banning

Swift
03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
it`s great that you ca only register by payed mail or isp mail this will be a +1 to serious users !who really want to use BCG and be there 1st tracker !

pone44
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
why no gmail? that and yahoo-hotmail? I do not pay for email!

i guess if you respect the track then good for you!:D,joking, stoi is not the trading type.:tank:

how dare you! :O

just kidding. i can understand you. i probably would have deleted my bcg account as well if i had one, because i'm not into games :P

tastes are different and so are trackers. deleting an account you don't need for some reasons is the right thing to do. no matter what frigging level it is.

you should watch a movie from time to time though and not only play games mate (if you still play at all?) ;)

Dark Archon
03-25-2008, 11:20 PM
like i said, it just wasnt for me at all, so instead of just hanging around like a bad smell and not doing anything, or even worse trading it (even though it was under this name, so no chance of that even if i wanted to, which i 100% didnt btw) i just deleted it but sent a nice PM off to the staffbox first explaining my reasons (to some degree).

couldn't have said any better.

Registration through none free emails is a brilliant idea stoi, it will definitely deter lots of traders who trades with acct+mail (since BCG does not allow mail change on user discretion). They will be risking their personal details if they are idiotic enough to trade their paid mail or even their ISP mail.

All trackers should have this implemented in the near future.

SAM
03-26-2008, 12:49 AM
well it wouldnt be an issue if there was no threads like the WTAW thread and there was no traders.

what gets me with traders is, They dont want the tracker they are on, so why do they want a tracker they have never even seen before.

You are so true.and it is a great move to open invites again.
I wish you the best :)

..::Prince::..
03-26-2008, 01:43 AM
thank u for the great news

myfranco
03-26-2008, 01:53 AM
@Stoi BCG became a great site in the last 2 years.I remember how it was before (was nice site but easy to signup) and it's much better now. Honestly speaking, i signed up for 2 times and got banned and now i'm using my account wisely for about 40 weeks with only 1 hit&run. I'm not a spu but will be in 1 week(cleaning my hit&run now and need a good 360 game to increase my ratio for only 10gb lol) .

Please don't think i'm judging, SP System is great but it's not perfect for me.To me, 2 files for SP could be 4 and seeder/leecher ratio can be 10/1 .While i can seed 2 games not 4, i feel that i can download 2 files instead of my 4 download limit at a time. 20/1 makes you think downloading old games as it's usually 2 leechers to 12-15 seeders.I would give 90 over 100 for such a great system.

I'm not judging, just my thought as i'll apply for an invite in 1 week :)

KennyX
04-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Dredged this up to add some new info.

I just made SPU, went for an invite only to be told I had to wait a month. Very disappointed in Blackcats for not making users aware of this.

stoi
04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
im not even aware of it lol

but i can see where we are coming from though, especially with other SPU selling invites (yes we have seen a few for sale already).

so sorry we didnt tell you, but then i have nothing against it. its probably a wise move actually by the staff member that told you this.

KennyX
04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
As a step for stopping the selling of invites all it will do is push it back a month, not stop it. For me it means no use of BC for one month as I dont want to risk SPU!

Still a little irritated that after the excitement of reading this thread and working hard to eventually make SPU (thank you mario cart!), I find out that the elusive invite has once again slipped away.

lol, as I have re-re-edited my post in the 'BC giveaway thread' as I am still looking for an invite for someone else.

edit: just got the reason from the person who informed me of the wait time, wont post it here, but lets just say that if the qualification to get invites is what this mod says then I doubt if many users on BC deserve to qualify.

Skyy
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I hope I get the invite. Its really best game tracker all around.

stoi
04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
well we are discussing opening up somewhat in the very near future.

I am getting bored, the site is stagnant, leechers and seeders are dropping through the floor, we just need to bring more life into the tracker, and hopefully forums as well.

I dont know how these sites can stay closed for years, its driving me nuts. lol

akashi
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
well i am spu in blackcats games but i don't really use the invite when they were avaible i just use it when one of my friends wanna get invite

Tokeman
04-08-2008, 06:34 PM
well we are discussing opening up somewhat in the very near future.

I am getting bored, the site is stagnant, leechers and seeders are dropping through the floor, we just need to bring more life into the tracker, and hopefully forums as well.

I dont know how these sites can stay closed for years, its driving me nuts. lol

Most genera specific sites can't stay closed. I mean you only deal in games, its not like you have a tracker where new content is flowing in at a high rate. In order to keep up the numbers, you will have to keep new blood flowing, either through invites, or through random signups.

KennyX
04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
lol, give us the invites and we will use them! I could easily find 10 good torrent'ers and a couple of good community active ones.

I still think the idea of giving regular invites to SPU's is the right one. The original reasons of attracting some quality members who are not going to make foolish mistakes still apply.

The only concern is that plenty of good and regular users will never make SPU as they dont seed for months or have a seedbox. So why not give all accounts with 100gb uploaded an invite, or all members whose accounts are a year old an invite? Anything like this to reward all the users who have stuck by and used BC for its main purpose of torrents.

YoYoY
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
You're not hiding his ratio , the staff will ban him , lol :D

stoi
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
k well we havt not got invites, you send a message to the staff box, a Admin or above has to make the account. now 1 or 2 isnt to bad but...

members for a year or more = 22,577

Members with 100gig uploaded = 22,843

so far to much work, even giving this to PU and above is far to much work.

btw im actually missing the noob questions. i dont mind getting noobs in as we all have to start somewhere, so why not here. its just cheaters/leechers/dupe accounts that i hate. (but we have got an idea to curb that)

KennyX
04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Sorry I never realised the entire invite system was broken, I thought it was just disabled. So are the choices open signups or a few new members a day?

For the influx of new blood you are looking for it has to be open signups (even if it moves BC down): are repair invites, or recode so that not just admin's can create accounts not options?

100gb/1 year part, change the numbers then: 500gb/18 months?

Had more time to think and SPU does not mean good user as its a good connection or seedbox based statistic, choose those who use the site not those with big ratios. Give normal users something to aim for to encourage site usage. Even something simple like revamping the PU/SPU ranks would give people another reason to use the site: forget ratios and go for amount uploaded instead. Give people gaming related titles instead of the boring PU/SPU ones.

You're not hiding his ratio , the staff will ban him , lol :D

is this to me?

SAM
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
i hope you will open sign ups stoj.
i know it will take hard work from you and the staff but it will give a chance to ordinary people and guys who have no friends to enter your lovely tracker.
it worth it :)
give the noobs chance.big boss ;)

stoi
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Invites are completely broken and have been for awhile now.

and change to PU/SPU has been discussed here

http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10726

this will happen, but like fixing the invites, no idea when lol

as for names instead of PU/SPU well we might have for example.

Snake = PU
Sonic = SPU

but you hate Sonic but love Snake so you might not want to go to SPU lol

Problem is, we need about 3000 new members a month to make a dent, not 100-300 like it is atm.

But opening up fully and getting those 3000 in a matter of days, is also to much.

Tokeman
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Invites are completely broken and have been for awhile now.

and change to PU/SPU has been discussed here

http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10726

this will happen, but like fixing the invites, no idea when lol

as for names instead of PU/SPU well we might have for example.

Snake = PU
Sonic = SPU

Problem is, we need about 3000 new members a month to make a dent, not 100-300 like it is atm.

But opening up fully and getting those 3000 in a matter of days, is also to much.

How about opening for signups for like 30minutes (maybe more) a day randomly for a week? Or maybe open randomly for X signups, and close when X is met. This would stop the huge influx of signups, and also help to prevent users posting on forums saying, Its open, hurry, since it would most likely be closed shortly after the post is made?

ghurka
04-08-2008, 07:51 PM
How about opening for signups for like 30minutes (maybe more) a day randomly for a week? Or maybe open randomly for X signups, and close when X is met. This would stop the huge influx of signups, and also help to prevent users posting on forums saying, Its open, hurry, since it would most likely be closed shortly after the post is made?I was thinking something similar myself, maybe limiting sign-up to the first 100 each day and maybe randomize the time of sign-up so you don't get only users from one time zone.

KennyX
04-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I was thinking of more ranks than just a PU and SPU, and different ways to get the ranks. For example, almost all trackers have a rank based on some form of upload/download, and this is self explanatory as upload/download are what torrent sites are for, but why not include other stuff?

Rank could be partly based on time in IRC, forum posts, number of torrents downloaded, number of torrents being seeded and so on with different benefits/penalties being accrued depending on how you use the site. It would need some thought to generate some good ideas.

Give people some options for each rank then. Make some threads then polls and ask people what these ranks should be, an option for each system perhaps. Get people involved.

If you want 3000 per month then new member choices remain the same: open signups, make fixing code a priority or give more people responsibility for creating accounts.

Random open signups: people will sit on the tracker and use checking software or FF add ons to get accounts.

edit: another idea would be to use the still working open signups page to create guest accounts and then promote the people we had invited to user status, delete the rest every day. Might be less time consuming than creating accounts manually, and could be automated to decrease time needed.

psychophil
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I think to start with you should avoid open signups as eas said above, people with nothing else to do could sit on the tracker, waiting for it to open.
Which would show they were keen to join, but at the same time you don't know what type of member they will turn out to be.
I suggest you do what you have been doing already, creating threads and selecting people from FST.:fst::fst::fst:
But you should also consider giving your current members invites to give out to whoever they want. (ie good FST members:naughty:)

stoi
04-08-2008, 09:03 PM
problem is, "some" of the members i get from here, are worse than those i get from mininova etc when we do open up. lol

C-mos
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
disable them :)

stoi
04-08-2008, 09:26 PM
well we have 2000 disabled members, 1900 kitty litter, we are changing KL though so very soon we are going to have 13,000 KL (there is a post in the forums about this).

so maybe we will be down to 30,000 members soon lol

Tokeman
04-08-2008, 09:30 PM
well we have 2000 disabled members, 1900 kitty litter, we are changing KL though so very soon we are going to have 13,000 KL (there is a post in the forums about this).

w00t, more room for me :naughty:

Septimus
04-09-2008, 02:03 AM

I Hope that will come about quickly ;)

(I)
04-09-2008, 04:25 AM
alive forums, ok the heavy vbulletin forum will never help, I know it's hard to start every thing from the start but really most or even all based trackers successful forums are/were using the original simple light php TBdev forums

TL forums are dead, FL community was screwed up when they started vbulletin fileforums

The forums also has bunch of subforums which make u very confused about where the hell is my last post

And of course my little case their "i" is very annoying

Annoyed
04-09-2008, 04:36 AM
alive forums, ok the heavy vbulletin forum will never help, I know it's hard to start every thing from the start but really most or even all based trackers successful forums are/were using the original simple light php TBdev forums

I so wish they didn't go to these new forums. The forums they used before these new ones were just awesome. I enjoyed going there and just chatting with everyone for a while. But with these new vbulletin boards...it's just not the same. I wish they would go back.

ceasar
04-09-2008, 05:19 AM

Max Users 30000
Registered Users 20,524
Disabled Users 61,764

from some site
Still a LOT of work to do, he-he :D

(I)
04-09-2008, 06:00 AM

Max Users 30000
Registered Users 20,524
Disabled Users 61,764

from some site
Still a LOT of work to do, he-he :D

I know what u mean, but really the staff there isn't that normal, in fact I stopped posting in their forums when I saw all members just get warned or banned for ???????

C-mos
04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
for trading or spamming a lot ;)

stoi
04-09-2008, 09:30 AM
well its IPB forum.

I absolutely detest the standard TBdev forum, because it hasnt got subforums, i just think its the worst Forum software you can ever have and doesnt even feel like a forum. I have never liked it and never will.

So we will never ever be going back to that piece of crap forum.

and we have probably disabled over 200,000 members, just they get pruned because they havnt logged in for 2 months, but we are up to member number 320,000 in just over a year.

btw your name has been changed to I in the forums.

(I)
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
:lol: rofl now the forums are perfect
I'll add my avatar and start
I bet I was the most annoying user in creating his profile since u've started
Thanks anyway

stoi
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
well not only that, i had to do it in the admin cp bit of the forum.

when i searched for I it came up with every member with I in the name, 1700+ of them. i found you on page 256 or something lol

Its done now though.

tutipute
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM

couldn't have said any better.

Registration through none free emails is a brilliant idea stoi, it will definitely deter lots of traders who trades with acct+mail (since BCG does not allow mail change on user discretion). They will be risking their personal details if they are idiotic enough to trade their paid mail or even their ISP mail.

All trackers should have this implemented in the near future.

I didn't quite understand how can you actually enforce this rule? As there are about a gazillion places where you can register a free email account.

Unless of course, you do it manually! Which just seems impossible with the rate of new users that you are aiming for...

Personally, though i have not been given the opportunity to join, i was contemplate on the idea of needing to provide my personal email address and i must say that it is just not an easy decision!
Nothing to hide of course, but with the growing amount of trackers attacks and hacks it just doesn't feel very safe.

Will contemplate some more until stoi gets better and hopefully will give me the opportunity to decide... :D

stoi
04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
well its a double edged sword isnt it.

We stay closed, we have some invites, invites and accounts turn into a commodity, selling, trading etc etc, so we stop the free emails (or try to) and stop embers changing their email. this hopefully slows down the trades and invite selling.

But now that we have decided to open, (to some degree) then we will plummet down the WTAW thread, demand to get in wont be so high, Accounts wont be traded as often, we wont need invites, so maybe we can get away with allowing free emails again (never yahoo or hotmail though, they just loose to many emails).

I think we are going to try it for a week with no Gmail, as you said there is that many its impossible to stop everyone, we can stop the ones that we know though.

If it fails miserably, then we may allow them again after a week, but if it doesnt, then we may ban them for good.

pone44
04-09-2008, 05:21 PM
great staff for that! Stoi props to you. Not a member, do not know how to do all that stuff but great rep!

tutipute
04-09-2008, 05:49 PM
well its a double edged sword isnt it.

We stay closed, we have some invites, invites and accounts turn into a commodity, selling, trading etc etc, so we stop the free emails (or try to) and stop embers changing their email. this hopefully slows down the trades and invite selling.

But now that we have decided to open, (to some degree) then we will plummet down the WTAW thread, demand to get in wont be so high, Accounts wont be traded as often, we wont need invites, so maybe we can get away with allowing free emails again (never yahoo or hotmail though, they just loose to many emails).

I think we are going to try it for a week with no Gmail, as you said there is that many its impossible to stop everyone, we can stop the ones that we know though.

If it fails miserably, then we may allow them again after a week, but if it doesnt, then we may ban them for good.

It's a real sharp double edged sword, as i see it, BCG is already a commodity. site has been close for long enough to become a truffle...
It seems that the only way to avoid it becoming a flea market is to open it for public signups then working hard to filter it out.

I do not know exactly what were you reffering to when you mentioned that the site needs some fresh breeze but it sound like you guys got a long road ahead.

Life has its highs and lows, bumps and prizes, i guess trackers work the same way... :)