PDA

View Full Version : Should FST Have A NO Religion Rule For This Section

RealitY
03-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Theres some threads based on religious beliefs that turn into flames in this section.
Perhaps FST should NOT allow any religious threads or posts in this section.
These situations create a load for Staff on the site sorting reports also.
We already have The Drawing Room (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-the-drawing-room-55/) for such discussion anyway...

GoLDeN
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
NO Religious Posting In This Section thats a bt section it has nothing to do with god

mievmo
03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Voted - NO Religious Posting In This Section

Dark Archon
03-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeh NO Religious Posting In This Section, it will destroy the spirit of the giveaway if someone starts to flame

John1988
03-24-2008, 08:46 PM
No religious staff needed i vote for NO

The Gladiator
03-24-2008, 08:48 PM
OMG That section has nothing to do with religion and if it's bad for the forum (because of the loads and that stuff) just stop with that, like you said there's already a section to discuss about the theme, so... NO Religious Posting In This Section.

Gothicraider
03-24-2008, 08:49 PM
yeah religion shud not be brought in picture .. but if some want to just praise his/her god for what he have got, it shud be respected to ... i mean some1 shud not be trashed just cauz his/her signature has some word of praise for his god :-) .. but yeah at same time discretion shud not be made on basis of religion when u are trying to help some guys

Johnneke
03-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Agree, although the idea behind the people who post giveaways associated to there beliefs is good I dont feel it has a place here.

kaffeine
03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Voted NO Religious Posting In This Section. Some people are really immature and are not ready to discuss religion with respect for each other.

And as RealitY said, if this is a topic someone wants to talk about in a serious manner, there's always the Drawing Room for that.

tesco
03-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Agreed but when/why is it posted here anyway? :blink:

Cobass
03-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Everyone's religion is his own bussiness and i respect that but they should keep it for themselves and focus on trackers, at least in this room

SgtMajor
03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Anything that is divisive should not be allowed, no matter how strong your conviction for whatever faith or political belief or sport/sporting team you behold, we are all for one and one for all (or should aim to be).

I voted NO Religious Posting In This Section.

Tokeman
03-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Well as always there's gunna be 2 sides to this issue. I believe some one should be able to post saying something like: in celebration of (insert religious content here) I am posting this giveaway.

This comment is religious, but I don't see what harm it causes. Its the people that post later and comment on said religoin that cause issues. I think religous comments like that should be against the rules for this section, but as I said, I do not think something as simple as a reference should be against the rules...

Comments?

Edit: I choose allow, for the reason mentioned above. But I strongly feel it should be a 'limited' allow for sure.

tiolewis
03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
NO Religious Posting In This Section

ch14637
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I voted for NO Religious Posting In This Section.

RPerry
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I voted no as well, and should point out that posts of that nature only have a place in the lounge or the drawing room only. They certainly do not have a place here or in any other section but the 2 I mentioned.

puckface
03-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Jesus says I cannot trade invites though.

JorgeJr.&Ancho
03-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Voted: NO Religious Posting In This Section

Any sort of religious context should be remove or blocked in this forum. This is a filesharing discussion forum and etc.

guliver
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
NO Religious Posting In This Section.

SgtMajor
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Well as always there's gunna be 2 sides to this issue. I believe some one should be able to post saying something like: in celebration of (insert religious content here) I am posting this giveaway.

This comment is religious, but I don't see what harm it causes. Its the people that post later and comment on said religoin that cause issues. I think religous comments like that should be against the rules for this section, but as I said, I do not think something as simple as a reference should be against the rules...

Comments?

Edit: I choose allow, for the reason mentioned above. But I strongly feel it should be a 'limited' allow for sure.

If the choice & the decision is none - then none it shall be, there is no and can be no half-way house.

ghurka
03-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Only real way to resolve this is to remove all religious connotations from outside the drawing room. If anything relating to religion is left in signatures or members titles then the religious flaming will still continue. Too many bozos here who don't read or choose to ignore the rules so it'll still happen otherwise.

1000possibleclaws
03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
i voted yes because this doesn't affect or bother me, but seeing an overwhelming majority voted no i have no problem with disallowing it either. It just seems like an unnecessary rule, and if there are too many rules no one is going to read them.

FACE_TO_FACE
03-24-2008, 10:17 PM
No to religion at FST!!

LubTheStaringCat
03-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I have always considered there are 3 hot passionate subjects for people that can go over there heads.

Politics
Sport
Religion

look at the Newspapers or TV, you can see the world over people's passion for there belief's, can go over there heads. Otherwise normal rational people.

If the right buttons are pressed It can explode in our faces

I don't think Religion should be allowed In this section, for that reason.
People can be rightfully proud of there belief's be It, Politics, Sport or Religion and so on.

Wisdom dictates: You can lead a camel to water, but cannot force it to drink

For this reason I don't think Religion should be allowed In this section

Detale
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
OK now why don't we pretend that we are ALL adults here and have a healthy debate without the name calling, consider this THE warning, Thanks

V For Vendetta
03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
RealitY my Hero :D
Of Course, NO Religious Posting In This Section
Cheers

Mano_Man
03-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I agree that it must be NO Religious Posting In This Section

Aliyans
03-24-2008, 11:53 PM
hi
Me too against religious stuff here...there is no need for it at all ...guys be human here..not be belong to some religion

1000possibleclaws
03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
so this thread is becoming into a hate thread against religion? i don't see how this is an improvement..

SenorBubbz
03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
No religion because I don't want to see any discussions going like this:

Person1: MY GOD IS THE BEST!!
Person2: No, my God is BETTER!!
Person1: IS NOT!!
Person2: IS SO!!

Night0wl
03-25-2008, 12:10 AM
I voted allow, simply because I feel it would lead to other things being banned.

If this goes through, then what's the next thing to get banned. Would this forum be anything after discussions about politics, sports, sexual orientation, nationality, race, gender, age etc. get banned too.

Keep it the way it is. If people can't behave then ban the culprits.

Sawyer2020
03-25-2008, 12:17 AM
No Religious SIG .. No Religious flame
No Religious attack

mindtrick
03-25-2008, 12:26 AM
No religion AND politics in this section

SenorBubbz
03-25-2008, 12:28 AM
I voted allow, simply because I feel it would lead to other things being banned.

If this goes through, then what's the next thing to get banned. Would this forum be anything after discussions about politics, sports, sexual orientation, nationality, race, gender, age etc. get banned too.

If talking about religion won't be disallowed, then why will the "culprits" be banned?

I'm fine with that Muslim giveaway as long as it doesn't completely revolve about the Muslim religion.

This is the Bittorrent section, where we talk about Bittorrent.

And why is this posted in the invites subforum?

SAM
03-25-2008, 12:53 AM
what you mean no religious posting in this section?
you tried to invent a rule to stop our giveaways under PML group
is this what you tried to do here.
you can't stop one member from flaming islam because you like what he wrote even if it's against the rules.
come on this non sense.
we have a rule already

There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.
we expect action against a racist that insulted our religion and the Muslim members here.
we believed in this board administration but it let us down.
shame on you to play your members this way :(

Sawyer2020
03-25-2008, 01:02 AM
what you mean no religious posting in this section?
you tried to invent a rule to stop our giveaways under PML group
is this what you tried to do here.
you can't stop one member from flaming islam because you like what he wrote even if it's against the rules.
come on this non sense.
we have a rule already

There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.we expect action against a racist that insulted our religion and the Muslim members here.
we believed in this board administration but it let us down.
shame on you to play your members this way :(
well I believe he not mean our giveaway
and we will do our next GA under PML sign
I just vote for no Religious posts
not Religious groups
BTW I saw no any action did with this offensive post in our GA

Nemrod
03-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Absolutely NO.

Not religion, not politics.

SAM
03-25-2008, 01:10 AM
well I believe he not mean our giveaway
and we will do our next GA under PML sign
I just vote for no Religious posts
not Religious groups
BTW I saw no any action did with this offensive post in our GA

and what does this tell you?
that they agree.there is no other explanation
they didn't even delete the post though it's offensive and he repeated it and many members here reported it.
and it's against the rules but who cares about rules?!

hasnainbk
03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I wanna know it too why is this poll posted here?

AmpeD
03-25-2008, 01:27 AM
NO Religious Posting In This Section thats a bt section it has nothing to do with god
or lack there of

Sawyer2020
03-25-2008, 01:34 AM

I tell you why
look at this post and you will know

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-pml-giveaway-prophet-mohamed-lovers-huge-giveaway-post2734755/postcount141

ocanica
03-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Why is there any talk besides invite talk on this section anyway?

predateur
03-25-2008, 01:35 AM
NO problem for me ,

1000possibleclaws
03-25-2008, 01:52 AM

I tell you why
look at this post and you will know

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-pml-giveaway-prophet-mohamed-lovers-huge-giveaway-post2734755/postcount141

aha we need a +1 icon so i can give it to mievmo

Something Else
03-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Of course.

Religion, Politics and forums don't mix too well. :dabs:

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Why is there any talk besides invite talk on this section anyway?

It just proves the point and drives it home more succinctly than any poll can.

If religious groups want to do specific giveaways, then create a social group and keep it there.

SAM
03-25-2008, 02:09 AM
If religious groups want to do specific giveaways, then create a social group and keep it there.and we keep it there but some members don't want to leave us alone and post offensive comments with no reason.and we reported them but no one has the courage to delete this posts which is against the rules.
instead.we have poll to stop us from making giveaways.
I know some are angry cause we didn't take the bait.
but hard luck

I don't get it really.
we came here offering our invites to our beloved fellow members and out of no where comes this and start flaming with no reason.
it's like i'm having a party and uninvited and parasite creature comes to my house and start insulting my father.
and they are saying it wasn't offensive.
imagine that.

Night0wl
03-25-2008, 02:13 AM

If talking about religion won't be disallowed, then why will the "culprits" be banned?

I think you missed the point of this poll. It isn't about discussing religion which is no problem at all. It is about the "culprits" that use every excuse they can find to flame and insult other people.

If it wasn't for them this poll, nor this post, would not exist.

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 02:23 AM
If religious groups want to do specific giveaways, then create a social group and keep it there.and we keep it there but some members don't want to leave us alone and post offensive comments with no reason.and we reported them but no one has the courage to delete this posts which is against the rules.
instead.we have poll to stop us from making giveaways.
I know some are angry cause we didn't take the bait.
but hard luck

I don't get it really.
we came here offering our invites to our beloved fellow members and out of no where comes this and start flaming with no reason.
it's like i'm having a party and uninvited and parasite creature comes to my house and start insulting my father.
and they are saying it wasn't offensive.
imagine that.

But you can't have a private party in a public place without attracting uninvited guests.

Keep the party private and all will be ok, leave the public places for everyone and anyone to enjoy no matter religion or creed and we will all get along fine.

Imagine that.

And you are making the case for the point of the poll very well indeed.

SAM
03-25-2008, 02:34 AM
you mean that's i'm wrong and he is right in flaming me. :D
that's very nice from you.

i want you to take a look at those

Originally Posted by SgtMajor http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/buttons_synapse/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../f-bittorrent-43/t-the-israeli-group-275818-post2648253)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk3y http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/buttons_synapse/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../f-bittorrent-43/t-the-israeli-group-275818-post2648222)
Oh and thanks for the helpful Tags FST users nice to to see such things ( "cheaters (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../tags.php?tag=cheaters), fuck isrealis (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../../tags.php?tag=fuck+isrealis)," ).

Active MOD needed ASAP to FST Bitrorrent section things are getting out of control lately

Don't just sit on your fingers then, use them to report the thread and help get the perpetrators banned, voice your disgust the proper way.

why didn't you ask him to keep the party private :)

and this is what Kflint said

I posted a sticky on the tagging situation, people won't stay unpunished for such actions

Staff are acutally discussing of the best ways to change this feature that obviously doesn't work right nowwhy it went unpunished when ti comes to insulting Muslims.

come on.I make a public party and invite people to celebrate so my reward will be insults and racism.
is that what you trying to say?
nice.

Sawyer2020
03-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Well it wasn't private party we was share invites with FSTer and then some kid come to flame and offensive us

SAM
03-25-2008, 02:43 AM
and he flamed our religion this means racism.
so is racism allowed here if it is pointed at muslims?
from what i saw.i guess it is :(
and i dunno what you mean by religious group are we asking people to worship our god :D
it just a group for people who love a prophet.
but the one who came and posted racist comments he didn't criticize our group .he insulted our religion.
it's racism.plain and simple

hasnainbk
03-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Look Guys I am a Muslim and I believe in my faith.I love to be a Muslim but Please never get it wrong when someone who does not know our prophet and posts something like mievmo said.what mievmo said it just meant he don't have any ethics,he don't know morality but it doesn't mean he insulted us or our religion,We have the greatest religion in the world and we should also have open hearts...Plz give a moment to the thought I said and it will clear your minds.when Alexson777 posted PML Giveaway,I PM'ed him to add the wikipedia link for info too and I gave him the link too,but it was never posted....don't get me wrong here but it was mistake on our part,if someone doesn't know about a person and unconsciously disrespects him,it means he is ignorant,and mievmo was ignorant...so just cool down and keep doing good things.

Skiz
03-25-2008, 03:10 AM
No religion because I don't want to see any discussions going like this:

Person1: MY GOD IS THE BEST!!
Person2: No, my God is BETTER!!
Person1: IS NOT!!
Person2: IS SO!!

Sadly enough, this is exactly how it goes. :dabs:

Look Guys I am a Muslim and I believe in my faith.I love to be a Muslim but Please never get it wrong when someone who does not know our prophet and posts something like mievmo said.what mievmo said it just meant he don't have any ethics,he don't know morality but it doesn't mean he insulted us or our religion,We have the greatest religion in the world and we should also have open hearts...

How about having an open mind as well? Realizing that others are not always disrespecting your religion by simply stating a different opinion would show a bit of tolerance - something Muslims are (sometimes) stereotyped as not having.

Statements such as "our religion is the best" is easily regarded as intolerant and arrogant.

hangemhigh
03-25-2008, 03:16 AM
my post got deleted?.....

all I said was

SAM
03-25-2008, 03:22 AM
when some members here to try to be nice and share with their fellow members out of love and respect.they are being punished by insults and racism.
PML were formed on peace and love and we are always open for any criticism as a group but we are not open to racism and insults.
we didn't say our god is the best.we make a giveaway but someone insults our religion and some here supports him.though his actions was against the rules,against common sense and against morals.

hasnainbk
03-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Look Guys I am a Muslim and I believe in my faith.I love to be a Muslim but Please never get it wrong when someone who does not know our prophet and posts something like mievmo said.what mievmo said it just meant he don't have any ethics,he don't know morality but it doesn't mean he insulted us or our religion,We have the greatest religion in the world and we should also have open hearts...

How about having an open mind as well? Realizing that others are not always disrespecting your religion by simply stating a different opinion would show a bit of tolerance - something Muslims are (sometimes) stereotyped as not having.

Statements such as "our religion is the best" is easily regarded as intolerant and arrogant.
whatever I said,I was talking to my Muslim brothers,so don't start over it.We respect everyone's opinion and tolerate,some of us are just emotional.So if any of us said anything wrong,we apologize.

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 03:26 AM
and he flamed our religion this means racism.
so is racism allowed here if it is pointed at muslims?
from what i saw.i guess it is :(
and i dunno what you mean by religious group are we asking people to worship our god :D
it just a group for people who love a prophet.
but the one who came and posted racist comments he didn't criticize our group .he insulted our religion.
it's racism.plain and simple

It's not racism actually, and my POV is just different to yours, I'm not flaming anyone, but it seems you cannot take that on board.

I do not want to see any reference to any religion at all, so if you post an item that says red is best, someone will come along and say blue is better, that is what forums do, it is better to keep them neutral at all times so you cannot take offence to what is being posted in response to a thread opened.

And by all means keep going, you are making the case for the removal of all religious topics here very well.

$we
03-25-2008, 03:27 AM

Noted by the Supreme Court case Engel v. Vitale, the prayer:

Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence upon Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers and our country.
was recited every morning by the students, faculty, and staff of a school in New York as part of their "Spiritual Training" program. The New York Court of Appeals allowed this prayer as long as they kept it voluntary. Every morning, students were asked to leave if they didn't want to recite the prayer.

Parents of ten students took this issue straight to the Supreme Court. They protested that this exercise was unconstitutional, that it 'broke' the wall between chuch and state upheld by the Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses of the First Amendment (the Religion Clauses):

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.
and that the State of New York must abide by Federal law because of the Fourteenth Amendment:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States.
And even though the exercise was voluntary and nondenominational, it was still indisputably apparent that the school was indirectly coercing the religious minorities to conform to the approved spirituality.

Form the conclusion by yourself.

SAM
03-25-2008, 03:28 AM
I guess we deserve the apology :)
and we don't tolerate racism.

I do not want to see any reference to any religion at all, so if you post an item that says red is best, someone will come along and say blue is better, that is what forums do, it is better to keep them neutral at all times so you cannot take offence to what is being posted in response to a thread opened.
but we didn't post any of these.we didn't even mentioned islam.we made a giveaway under a name PML.
but someone used racist comments and he wasn't punished or at least the post didn't get deleted.
I agree we shouldn't debate about religions in invite section but say that to this who insults my religion not to me.
this poll is made to stop our giveaways not to stop racism.

Sawyer2020
03-25-2008, 03:29 AM
Sadly enough, this is exactly how it goes. :dabs:

Skizo look well we think our religion is the best
but we not have right to make u think same
but also we have right not any kid flaming and offensive us
BTW we respect Jesus and Moses
we never ever say anything bad about them so we expect some
respect to our Prophet either
isn't that our right :dabs:

SAM
03-25-2008, 03:47 AM
when someone stands against racism.he stands because he has morals and high values and because he thinks that human beings are equal and have the right and the freedom to believe anything they want.
and when someone insults a religion this called racism.
if we agree to such actions we will be no different than hitler.
and some trying to make it looks like we are sensitive and defensive.
are we?
when i sit in place minding my own business and someone insults me with no reason.
and when i called the cops they said they can't do anything cause they like his actions.
you called me sensitive!!
it's brutality and racism that what i'm sensitive about.
it's hatred and ignorance that's what i'm defensive about.

hasnainbk
03-25-2008, 03:49 AM
SAM & Alexson777...plz dont post anymore....
FST mods plz close this thread,its not making things better.
and delete or edit this post:

As many reported it,its not your right to decide on it..many reported,so you edit.
Now plz close this thread.

(I)
03-25-2008, 03:51 AM
no

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 03:55 AM

Wrong.

Tolerance & freedom of expression is to be defended just as much your ideals, and if they don't meet in the middle, who is going to arbitrate to say who is right and who is wrong?

It is best to prevent a war than try to end a war.

SAM
03-25-2008, 04:01 AM
you mean it's ok for anyone to insult my religion.
it's ok for any one to insult me because of my beliefs.
:)
criticism is something and racism is something else.
it was a giveaway.we weren't discussing religion so when it posted its intent was to insult my religion not to criticize it.
and it didn't give itself even a little time to stop and think or read more about the issue.
it just flamed our beliefs.
we asked for its post to be deleted but no one listened to us.
so this is racism.it wanted to insult us and offended us it is clear.yet no one cares

Nemrod
03-25-2008, 04:04 AM
you mean it's ok for anyone to insult my religion.
it's ok for any one to insult me because of my beliefs.
:)

Nobody has said that.:huh:

SAM
03-25-2008, 04:10 AM

Wrong.

Tolerance & freedom of expression is to be defended just as much your ideals, and if they don't meet in the middle, who is going to arbitrate to say who is right and who is wrong?

i guess this what he meant.
if it's wrong statement so it's ok to insult a religion so let's encourage that by insulting the jews.
oooh.wait,we can't.it's against the rules :)

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Wrong.

if it's wrong statement so it's ok to insult a religion so let's encourage that by insulting the jews.

Wrong, again.

But keep going, your ranting is at least making this thread more interesting than what it should be.

aysomc
03-25-2008, 04:14 AM
religion has nothing to do with bittorrent so like the poll has shown dont allow it here. the only real thing religion has ever given anyone is war.

SAM
03-25-2008, 04:21 AM
is it okay then to insult Judaism :D
come on :)
we all know what is going on here?
stop trying to cover it up.
any way
my last words.
i used to respect this forum.i went through debate after debate with fellow members in many trackers about how this forum is good and how reality is a good person and how mods here are good.
i said it here and i said every where.
but thank god i see it now and i know what my friends meant and i think i awe them an apology.
so i apologize to my friends and fellow members you are right and i was wrong and i hope you forgive me.
and thanks FST to let me understand that a good person who respect his self and his religion and his beliefs had no place here.

Nemrod
03-25-2008, 04:23 AM
Wrong.

Sam, English is not my first language, but there´s no way that me or a native from Middelsex can find there what you say you see.
Besides, my friend, you are mixing concepts, racism and religion... no way that fits... as far as I know there´s not an exclusive race in Muslims (although for me there´s one only race: the human race). Racism is one thing, religious intolerance is another one, absolutely different.

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 04:26 AM
is it okay then to insult Judaism :D
come on :)
we all know what is going on here?
stop trying to cover it up.
any way
my last words.
i used to respect this forum.i went through debate after debate with fellow members in many trackers about how this forum is good and how reality is a good person and how mods here are good.
i said it here and i said every where.
but thank god i see it now and i know what my friends meant and i think i awe them an apology.
so i apologize to my friends and fellow members you are right and i was wrong and i hope you forgive me.
and thanks FST to let me understand that a good person who respect his self and his religion and his beliefs had no place here.

What a drama queen you've been throughout this thread.

Don't let the door bang your ass on the way out.

SAM
03-25-2008, 04:41 AM
and who told you i'm leaving. :D
racism or religious intolerance.
it's offensive and an insult and by the board rules it should be deleted.
and are we playing a word game here
i asked a question
is it ok to insult Judaism?
yes or no please :)

vinod242
03-25-2008, 04:48 AM
No religious posting here please, this is forum to discuss and share our views about P2P not about religion those are for the politicians and religious leaders (who keep quarelling most of the time). Lets not dampen the spirit of P2P by bringing religion. There is only one religion here and that would be P2P

DarkLured
03-25-2008, 04:49 AM
We have the greatest religion in the world and we should also have open hearts

Hasnain, I know you had good intentions in making your comment, but I hope you realize that saying "we [Muslims] have the greatest religion in the world" might offend people of other religions? This is a perfect example of why no religious content, affiliations or discussions should be permitted in the bittorrent or invite forums.

we make a giveaway but someone insults our religion and some here supports him.

you mean it's ok for anyone to insult my religion. it's ok for any one to insult me because of my beliefs.

First of all, it is never OK to make insulting comments about another person's religion or to insult people because of their religion, and anyone who does so should not be tolerated. However, I have to say that the idiots and bigots would not be able to say anything if you didn't bring up religion in the first place. Just don't bring up religion and THAT is the point of the poll.

but we didn't post any of these.we didn't even mentioned islam.we made a giveaway under a name PML.

Why do you need to do the giveaway under the "Profit Muhammad Lovers" name? If you're in the bittorrent section, you're there to talk about bittorrent related topics, and if you're in the invites section, you're there to talk about, trade, give or ask for invites. Why do you need to publicly proclaim your religious affiliation in an invite giveaway? Be proud of your religion, worship as you wish, but keep it out of the bittorrent section and save it for the appropriate forum.

Also, FST should not allow signatures that proclaim a person's religious belief or affiliation or that have a religious message. They are irrelevant to file-sharing, and they are catalysts for flaming and argument. For example, I saw that someone had a signature saying "Allah is the greatest" - I'm not a religious person myself, but I could see how a person of another faith might offended by that comment.

If you couldn't tell, I voted "NO Religion" :)

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 04:51 AM
and who told you i'm leaving. :D

You did:

my last words.

Obviously you don't stick to your words.

is it ok to insult Judaism?
yes or no please :)

I couldn't give a shit personally, however, the point is to keep all religion out of BT section. Go & insult whoever you like in the library or something.

And if you must know, I've reported many an insult aimed at your religion in the BT section, and they have been deleted way before you prob even saw them.

SAM
03-25-2008, 04:57 AM
so we are not allowed to insult Judaism.right
so why is it allowed when it comes to islam.
by the way i said my last words not i'm leaving
i said i should apologize to my friends and i did.

and i'm not question your morals sgtmajor
i know you are good person.
what puzzles me why you didn't report this post then?
and why don't you see that i'm right in asking for removing this post?

what i understand from your post that you agreed that pople shouldn't insult other people beliefs in the invite section.
isn't that what i was trying to say :)
i'm trying to say that this post was offensive and should be deleted.

Presto
03-25-2008, 05:08 AM
^ Why is Susie allowed to eat ice-cream and I'm not? What, are you like 10?

I say NO Religious Posting In This Section, because I have seen how insanely mad some people can go. And peace & religion are supposed to go together.

Not Complete
03-25-2008, 05:09 AM
No Religious attack

++1

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 05:10 AM
so we are not allowed to insult Judaism.right
so why is it allowed when it comes to islam.
by the way i said my last words not i'm leaving
i said i should apologize to my friends and i did.

and i'm not question your morals sgtmajor
i know you are good person.
what puzzles me why you didn't report this post then?
and why don't you see that i'm right in asking for removing this post?

I don't see every post, there are loads more threads I am not interested in than I am interested in, the end result is most threads pass me by, I was not interested in a religious thread so did not follow it.

I couldn't care less who you insulted, but if I see an insult that is meant to inflame a situation rather than inform the members, then I, as will others, will report it.

You could be right in asking for a post to be removed, but it doesn't mean that the removal of that post benefits ALL members of FST so it might not get removed, just because it upsets you (and your religion) doesn't mean it should be removed, this is what is difficult when trying to explain things to one group or another, so the best thing is NOT to have ANY mention of any religious icons in the BT section.

Your religion should be kept private to yourself, not broadcasted to the rest of us wishing to look for an invite here & there. A good saying is "I will not ask if you do not tell"

So, keep some things private to you & your friends and your social groups, but here let's only talk about BT & invites.

SAM
03-25-2008, 05:12 AM
@DarkLured (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/darklured-187510)
so we stop our giveaways but this creature won't be punished because of his offensive posts.or even this post won't be deleted.
we won't have this debate.if some here did their job and delete the post.

@SgtMajor (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../member.php?u=79679)
it wasn't like we are talking about islam in the giveaway.we were giving out invites.
and the rules are clear

There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum. The use of racial, ethnic, gender based insults, contents or discriminatory comments of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated. Expect action against you if you do.
meant to offend or hurt any other member(s)
i guess this means a member who is me or members who are muslim members.

Expect action against you if you do.

where is the action?
none

so this is encourage what?
it's encourage flaming and insults.

and this poll was made to punish us for standing against low creatures that insulting our beliefs.

JROQuinn
03-25-2008, 05:29 AM
^^ then keep your beliefs to yourself & you wont have a problem...that includes flaming which is expressing your belief. Many people dont get the fact if you ignore something you dont agree with, it usually goes away.

SAM
03-25-2008, 05:33 AM
and did i enforce them on you
this is non sense.
some creature insults my beliefs for no reason and you stand beside him.
and trying to make it my fault.
there is no reason for me to respect your beliefs then.
consider it done :)

SgtMajor
03-25-2008, 05:43 AM
and did i enforce them on you
this is non sense.
some creature insults my beliefs for no reason and you stand beside him.
and trying to make it my fault.
there is no reason for me to respect your beliefs then.
consider it done :)

Take the blinkers off, remove the fingers from your ears and open your eyes, and above all change the fucking record.

Just because something is offensive to you does not make it a wrong deed, and doesn't mean it will get deleted by the MODs, it might not be offensive to the other 99.9% of members, a judgement call has to be made and you and others might not like it or agree with it, so fucking what, just deal with it and move on.

stitched
03-25-2008, 05:45 AM

god has nothing to do with any religion...it(religion) is all man made,if there exist a god ...stupid humans and their smart excuses to destroy them-self

Cerise
03-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Oh my god :) Blue_Skies, I just want to tell you that you made a point.

Neszton
03-25-2008, 06:39 AM
I voted: NO :)

Sanka113
03-25-2008, 06:57 AM
We'll people aren't suppose to spam in this section in the first place, so spamming religion shouldn't be any different.

Swift
03-25-2008, 07:01 AM
No religious posting don`t know what whit religion and bittorrents

SAM
03-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Take the blinkers off, remove the fingers from your ears and open your eyes, and above all change the fucking record.
i guess you should all do that but not me.
when hundred of members feel it's offensive.i guess it's hard to think it isn't.
and any way it doesn't matter any more.this matter is dealing with right now.

SCR
03-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Off topic :Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people's suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal... and basically religion is generally more than just a user-guide to life this is how i see it ..so regardless of everyone`s religion there should be respect for the others and their belives.
On topic:NO Religious Posting In This Section.

ivenkii
03-25-2008, 07:05 AM
no religion torrenting is only one religion we all belong one religion only.....but from different places we all are from one family...tats torrent family so no religion over here...

dunson
03-25-2008, 07:08 AM
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire (if I f'ed it up, I'm 4 or 5 scotches down already :P)

Let the flames begin.

Disme
03-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi,

I have no problem with anybody's religion, but I do have a problem with advertising religion. And that's what happens when a member starts to put certain religious convictions in his signatures:

"Allah is the greatest"
"Allah created all things so he created Jesus, so Allah is the greatest"

What if I were to say to you that you insult me with that signature. According to Christianity, Jesus is the son of God, and God is the creator of all things, and God is not Allah in that religion.

And same thing goes for all other religions. I respect your beliefs and opinions but I have no need to see/read them on a board that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

That is why I voted NO to religeon in this BT-sections. I think there are more than enough boards where you can express your opinions about religion. No need to do that here.
It creates unnecessairy threads and discussions like this one.

But on the other hand I do think anybody who deliberately posts something offending to a certain group of people should get at least a warning and the post removed. It is really not imortant if this post offends 1% of the members or 90% of the members.

If I were to make a post saying member X's mother is a whore I would only offend one member but I believe the one posting this should get warned and the post in question removed.

So I guess this could be easily resolved ... remove the post, warn the poster and instate a new rule that in the BT-sections there will be no more mentioning of any kind of religious affilation.

I think everybody could find himself in these measures.

Just my opinion.

J-dye
03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
if relegion is a way for people to do giveaways, aloow it

i mean , if some peeps giveaway invites like mygods birthday giveaway , all you need to do is like , yea . you has the best relegion . give me invites

and then feck off . i lied

Alien5
03-25-2008, 08:07 AM
ban religion is a god thing

J-dye
03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
did you have a jeebus in your planet alien ?

Alien5
03-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Dunno, Never been outside yet. :idunno:

iamKy666
03-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Personally im a baptised Christian Orthodox but it really doesnt mean a lot to me...
What is really meaning a lot to me is to be healthy as far as it goes,so i can take care of myself...god wont give you food to eat...

Now,what p2p has to do with gods???Sorry guys,but i find it so weird to see ppl at a young age(20~30) to praise their Lord(akaHopeOfMankind) in this site...

I think is a bit wrong because it will cause fight between guyz from different clubs...but personally it doesnt bother me:D.

PS:Not a flame to any religious guy.

Skiz
03-25-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I have no problem with anybody's religion, but I do have a problem with advertising religion. And that's what happens when a member starts to put certain religious convictions in his signatures:

"Allah is the greatest"
"Allah created all things so he created Jesus, so Allah is the greatest"

What if I were to say to you that you insult me with that signature. According to Christianity, Jesus is the son of God, and God is the creator of all things, and God is not Allah in that religion.

I've attempted explaining that point on multiple occasions but it's like talking to a wall. :dabs:

kooftspc11
03-25-2008, 09:38 AM
yeah the prophet mohammed shit is really annoying

Disme
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I just saw this: look at n° 3. This is an example of something that is written just to stir some riot and to irritate a certain group of people. I believe these kind of posts should be dealth with by some staff member.

As I already said ... I am against religious advertising but this is just an ordinary flame, and thus uncalled for, whatever the reason is.

show me a big love (pics), and the biggest will win.
Staff can take apart aswell, so lest starts lil nabs. :happy:

1. 1 only 1 proof with ur name = username.
2. love pics 1.
3. non fag PML(G)

GL all

//MM

amade
03-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I absolutely agree on 'NO discussion on region related things on FST'. It's extremely easy to lead to flaming...

Polarbear
03-25-2008, 11:06 AM
the poll indicates clearly that the vast majority of fst members doesn't want any religious talk or discussions in the bittorrent section whatsoever.

i do encourage staff to take the consquences and prohibit any form of religious statments specifically.

that should include signatures and avatars, because every religious denomination may be offensive to those who believe in other things.

to all of you muslims who feel the need to let everyone else know how religious you are:

you all want to be a part of internet sites which content is highly contradictory to islamic beliefs.

i'm talking about movies (uh, don't mention porn), music, games etc, that are forbidden and posession is strictly punished in most islamic or arabic countries.

you all want to watch the latest american tv, listen to the newest music and watch films that are not exactly supported by the mullah, right?

you middle class islamic kids should learn how to deal with the culture clash of your traditional religious beliefs and the modernity of western influenced internet sites that have a rather liberal view on things.

if you want to relieve your bad conscience by shouting out that allah is the greatest do it in the mosque or in your local koran school.

if you think that being muslim gives you group dynamics or can be used to your advantage as a community identity you are wrong.

a bittorrent forum where the majority of members come from western influenced cultures is not the right place for it.

i don't belong to any religion at all. i disassociate myself from any religion.

RealitY
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
We dont have issue with groups doing a giveaway in this section. Though any threads based on religion have the possibility of becoming a mess. Theres concern that these threads will create a load on Staff if these situations occur again and again. If so we have to think it might be better not to allow it.

Were not against these threads though as Staff we need to ask if its worth allowing it. It should be understood this poll is not to prevent any giveaways. Its also not against any specific groups. Its simply looking for feedback and a debate. If the rule were added it would apply equally to all.

The racist factor in this situation isnt clear perhaps. The post might not appear racist to some. That post wasnt a clear insult. If so it would have been dealt with as other posts have. There also were posts removed from that thread. The post linked has also been now. We follow the rule when hatred enters a post it should be reviewed for possible removal.

We could debate what the intensions of the initial post were. Though at times things are grey somewhat. The poll is posted as a possible way to prevent more of these situations. Any other suggestions are welcome. We would prefer less rules. That way the members are likely to enjoy the site better anyway...

Medooooo
03-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Voted NO Religious Posting In This Section

abe171
03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah the prophet mohammed shit is really annoying

i agree

but didnt want to say anything(or else they'll bring their entire army with osama on his camel at my doorstep):D

The mods/staff should do something about it or it will get outta hand

J-dye
03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
one thing you peeps have to realise is that you are all stealing because you are all poor . and your god made you poor :dabs:

tjbzonasul
03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I have no problem with anybody's religion, reaaly. At the same time, I don´t think the Prophet Muhammad guys are wrong if they want to group themselves and do giveaways. Freedom of Association is a principle we should abide and encourage.

However, if they pray, advertise religion, try to convert us into jews, muslims or whatever on trades and GA (which is senseless), or flame other religions, they admins should take a stance.

IMHO, Muslims should be allowed to express their religion here, as long as not in a manner that is discriminatory.

dunson
03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
one thing you peeps have to realise is that you are all stealing because you are all poor . and your god made you poor :dabs:

1) I don't believe in any god, despite having read all the major religious texts in great detail.
2) I am not poor. On the contrary, I'm ballin' so much I eat dinosaur egg omelets for breakfast.

So, I'm sharing, not stealing, because I think the internet is the future and I don't want to support the old, shitty media distribution system currently in place.

I hope this helps.

ghurka
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I think if any more proof was needed that religion has no place in the BT section then this thread says it all.

JROQuinn
03-25-2008, 05:09 PM

Thats just a childish & stoopid remark & peeps like you steer me away from sharing & helping members here or elsewhere...
I guess you pay for your interwebz access from street hooking :dry:

I think if any more proof was needed that religion has no place in the BT section then this thread says it all.
Agreed so everyone just vote, STFU & trade, give, cheat, scam or however you attain invites or accounts. :P

zallofa
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
No Religious attack

i agree with this ....+ 1

Night0wl
03-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Oh my god :) Blue_Skies, I just want to tell you that you made a point.

Nice that someone noticed :)

Unfortunately that point got lost in between all the bickering about who is insulting who the most and blah blah.

Even after reading through the rest of the bullshit posted after my post, I still think it should be allowed and just all the idiots that can't behave in a decent manner should be banned.

1000possibleclaws
03-26-2008, 05:50 AM

lolzors :D

J-dye
03-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Thats just a childish & stoopid remark & peeps like you steer me away from sharing & helping members here or elsewhere...
I guess you pay for your interwebz access from street hooking :dry:

no i sell your mothers pussy :naughty:

so stfu n00b

pone44
03-26-2008, 07:02 AM
people makefun of others is no good, i say no to posting any to....

OMG That section has nothing to do with religion and if it's bad for the forum (because of the loads and that stuff) just stop with that, like you said there's already a section to discuss about the theme, so... NO Religious Posting In This Section.

vaidyanath
03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Voted No Religious posting in this section