PDA

View Full Version : rapidshare download via ?

J-dye
03-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Download via Cogent
Download via TeliaSonera #2
Download via Teleglobe
Download via Cogent #2
Download via TeliaSonera
Download via Level(3) #2
Download via Level(3) #4
Download via GlobalCrossing
Download via Level(3)
Download via GlobalCrossing #2
Download via Level(3) #3

:mellow:

what are those options for ? what difference does it make ?

Alien5
03-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Different servers :noes:

J-dye
03-25-2008, 07:35 AM
are some faster than others ?

Alien5
03-25-2008, 07:46 AM
how should i know? try it or do something else. :mellow:

J-dye
03-25-2008, 07:48 AM
genious

thanks

F3n1x
03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
genious

thanks

programs like cryptload for automatic rapidshare download and captcha system choose the one with less ping for you, manually this can't be done.

J-dye
03-26-2008, 06:08 AM
genious

thanks

programs like cryptload for automatic rapidshare download and captcha system choose the one with less ping for you, manually this can't be done.

cryptload ? i havent heard about that program . is that a good one ? i dont have much experience with rapidshare :pinch:

kloot
03-29-2008, 03:21 PM
You will find that some servers are faster than others for you, I think this has to do with geographical location (which ones are closest to you).

If you have a premium a/c, you can go into the options, and tick the box beside 'direct downloads;' this will bypass the need to choose which server, etc; and when you click any RS link, it will start to d/l instead of bringing you to their page :)

dunkItOut
03-29-2008, 03:33 PM
If you have a premium a/c, you can go into the options, and tick the box beside 'direct downloads;' this will bypass the need to choose which server, etc; and when you click any RS link, it will start to d/l instead of bringing you to their page :)

That's what I like doing. Makes it a bit easier...

trackrider
03-31-2008, 07:23 PM
I always pick the one with least number of people using it at that time. Works for me anyway :unsure:

UsenetGuy
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Actually afaik your not actually downloading from different servers, it's just taking a different route to the server. Those options listed are internet backbones/isps. You might get packetloss or bad speed on one, so you try another ;)

Sonnentier
03-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Actually afaik your not actually downloading from different servers, it's just taking a different route to the server. Those options listed are internet backbones/isps. You might get packetloss or bad speed on one, so you try another ;)
Yup correct, that are different carriers connected to their datacentre. Sometimes I had very poor speed like only some 7% of my downstream, so I just pick another route and it streams good again.

escuoop
04-03-2008, 02:41 PM
What is the best downloading app do you use with RS, I use GetRight ATM is there any better?

Morer
04-05-2008, 05:14 AM
I tried getright, but now I use orbit downloader ( www.orbitdownloader.com ) with the flashgot extension for firefox and I like it much better, just remember to set the default number of connections to original URL to 1. It works very well with rapidshare.

sanjana
04-10-2008, 01:54 AM
I initial thought was how come if we upload the file on rapidshare it will create different copies in different servers...

Later found out that it is just for routing different packets and depending on the different server the speed varies and depending on the speed aswell.