PDA

View Full Version : Problem with seedbox(kimsufi)

barakokula
03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Well,i have a strange problem with it. It can't connect to leechers while leeching. I'm only able to connect to a seeder ,and other leechers get connected a few seconds,then they disconnect again. I stay connected to a seeder until i finish the torrent. Once i finish downloading a torrent,i connect to leechers just fine. I'm connectable and haven't changed my settings,so i have no idea what could be causing it.

I'm running wine + webui,set it up following naq's guide.

A week ago,all was working fine,i could connect to the whole swarm as soon as i started the torrent,but now ... =/

Could it be that ovh started to shape my traffic or sth like that?

Is there any tcp/ip settings in linux i overlooked?

Can't think of a good reason why is this starting to happen. Help is greatly appreciated.

Sanka113
03-25-2008, 04:15 PM
How much have you UL/DL this month?

barakokula
03-25-2008, 04:20 PM
A tb or 1.5 ,can't be sure. I don't see any bw limitation on their site.

But i can still get 10MBs when downloading or uploding. Just not at the same time,like i could a week ago. I could get 8MBs/9MBs simoultaneusly,on ftn or sct for example.
Damn.

parky
03-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Im with ovh on this package http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluslarge.xml and have the same problem can download at 11mb/s but upload never goes above 1.5mb/s at best.Im only using to the end of the payment period then switching providers.

colbert
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Im with ovh on this package http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluslarge.xml and have the same problem can download at 11mb/s but upload never goes above 1.5mb/s at best.Im only using to the end of the payment period then switching providers.

The old adage is true: you get what you pay for.

barakokula: I don't think running wine + webui is a good idea on a box with only 256 ram. I think 512 is the minimum for a seedbox, especially if you're running a bunch of torrents at once. You might be getting shaped for using too much traffic, but I think more likely right now you're server can't keep up with the demands.

barakokula
03-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, i know 256 isn't much,but i have 3 torrents running atm,and always try to keep total active torrents below 10.
It was all good untill a week ago,the box could go 9/9 MBs simoutaneusly. It had 256ram then,too. :)
And this problems is very strange for a shaping,i mean-to not to be able to connect to leechers while leeching only,and it can still go to 11mbs both download and upload. I don't think i could get that speeds if i was shaped.
It's like some cache got full or sth,and i have to clear it. Just have to find what to clear. :D

yayyyyyy
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
rpm -e wine :P

try rtorrent :)

mamacita
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
I get a similar problem, but I'm pretty sure the main reason is that the disk overloads when trying to download at faster speeds and upload at the same time.

Whenever I DON'T get the overload error, my torrents upload just fine

dunson
03-26-2008, 12:36 AM
I might check out uTorrent in wine, but I really like how rTorrent uses under 100MB of my RAM with 50+ active torrents and fast speeds.
BTW, yayyy, what is that command for exactly?

yayyyyyy
03-26-2008, 12:41 AM
BTW, yayyy, what is that command for exactly?

was just joinking... "rpm -e" = erase a package :P

and yes... rtorrent is outstanding :naughty:

dunson
03-26-2008, 12:43 AM
:lol: I'm new to Linux but now I get the joke.

naq
03-26-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't want to argue, but there have been several posters here who have run utorrent/wine successfully with the kimsufi, including the OP. There's no need to suggest rtorrent.

To the original problem, I had very similar experience only with torrents from ScT. I think the reasons for it maybe poor network and/or too many seedboxes.

Fibre
03-26-2008, 07:19 AM
The leechers probably aren't real. Ghost or partial downloaders.

barakokula
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Nope,those leechers finish the download later,or i see them in 'peers' tab with more % downloaded later,when we connect for 5-6 seconds. FTN doesn't have many leechers,so you can always keep track on who's downloading,at what speed,what's their ip,when they finish.... :D We stay connected untill their download speed is under,let's say 200KBs. Once they go over 200kBs ,bam,they're gone. They try to connect 5-6 minutes later,and the same thing happens.

I watched the peers tab last night on waffles...seems i can stay connected only with slower downloaders while leeching, <100-200KBs. Even if dl speed is 0kBs,i still can't connect to faster ones. But when i partial seed it,skip all the files,I start to connect.

Doubt it's ghost downloaders,bcs i started getting this problem on ftn first,then sct,now everywhere. They should be good with catching cheaters.

So,it's prolly the disk overload/network overload or sth like that. Even though i don't get any errors , 'disk overloaded' or anything of the sort. And it worked a week ago,same setup.My cheapo box was always in the top 5 seeders in any swarm on sct/ftn if i jumped on it early enough. Other kimsufis in swarm were somewhere down,I was up there with the big guns,keyweb,dedibox.fr,non-kimsufi ovh.:lol:

Bah . :(

I will try the ugly rtorrent sometime soon,maybe it'll work better.

mummysboy
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
If you check out the OVH forums you can find an intresting post on how they cap their networks - its checked daily - [search for SLA]

Its a good read - and to sum it up in one sentance :

Turn off torrents for 24 hours - then restart :s

B/w usage will drop and then you get uncapped again,

Try that and see if that resolves the issue.

I personnally use Torrentflux and am very happy with speeds 6/6 atm

i am also running a Gameserver and a webpage so i know that the RAM is an issue but its not the do all and all of it. [And yes its a little kimi - very good bits of kit]

barakokula
03-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Thx for the sum up in one sentence,i kinda got lost in that text.

Could be it,bcs this started to happen a day after i transfered around 500gb in 10-12 hours. :D

Thx for the tip,I'll shut down everything and see how it goes.

barakokula
03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Nope,didn't help. Still get connected to leechers only when i finish downloading it.
I'm in SLA mode. Can anyone who's kimsufi is working good check are they in SLA or noSLA ?

durchzehn
03-28-2008, 11:24 AM
have a look at your cpu load. i'm running kimsufi with debian lenny, rtorrent and twofish encyption. if i download with more than one mb / secound the cpu load goes over > 3. so the cpu is limiting the upload/bandwith, not ohv.....256 mb ram addionally would be very nice. i never tried it without encryption..

barakokula
03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Hmm,cpu load is 80% when dl'in 8.5 MBs . But i don't think that is the problem,bcs i can still go 8/8 or 9/9 simoutaneusly. Just not on the same torrent. :D

mamacita
03-28-2008, 01:29 PM
the disc overload error will appear in blinking text in the very bottom of utorrent next to where it says DHT disabled.

durchzehn
03-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Hmm,cpu load is 80% when dl'in 8.5 MBs . But i don't think that is the problem,bcs i can still go 8/8 or 9/9 simoutaneusly. Just not on the same torrent. :D

8/8 ? wtf..?! even if the torrent size is larger than ~ 1gb ?
do you use any type of disk encrpytion ? if yes..which one ?

barakokula
03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
yeah,even those larger than 1gb,i start to get disk overloads after dl passes 9.5 -10 MBs .

http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/47186/2003394309451296194_rs.jpg

this was some dvdr from sct,when kimi was working good. :(

i don't use disk encryption,just that protocol one.

barakokula
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Op,i found what was causing it. :D Wine. The problems started when i updated wine. The default debian one,0.9.25 had no speed problems,but it was stoping torrents for no apparent reason. 'Error:general faliure' it said.

I now tried 0.9.25 and the speeds are again great,but the mf agains stops them. 0.9.36 also has speed problems,so i have to try all the versions between 0.9.25-0.9.36 to see if any of those works like it should.

I've heard that some other ppl have the same problem,so i hope i helped a little. :)