PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Torrent Accounts

G-Force
03-27-2008, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, i want to delete a heap of accounts i don't use anymore, i heard there is a way to do it you're self by typing something in the url?

Any ideas?

kaffeine
03-27-2008, 04:00 AM
some sites have a /delacct.php

in others, you have to pm staff to delete your account.

JROQuinn
03-27-2008, 04:02 AM
some sites have a /delacct.php

in others, you have to pm staff to delete your account.

yea I think SgtMajor posted that a couple months ago also

G-Force
03-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Thanks guys

JROQuinn
03-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Thanks to kaffeine (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/kaffeine-172681) I need this myself, just too lazy to search. This should be a sticky for the non traders or non account givers

TP635
03-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Is there any different between deleting an account and letting it get pruned for inactivity? At the moment I am letting a few accounts inactive so that it will get pruned. Is that bad?

1000possibleclaws
03-27-2008, 04:15 AM
it would waste space being a sticky, because not many people delete accounts on a regular basis. if i figure out i don't need or want an account anymore ill just log out and delete it from my bookmarks, i don't even bother deleting the account

JROQuinn
03-27-2008, 04:19 AM
it would waste space being a sticky, because not many people delete accounts on a regular basis. if i figure out i don't need or want an account anymore ill just log out and delete it from my bookmarks, i don't even bother deleting the account

proabably true, but maybe more would delete rather than giving an account away for not knowing they can be done with the .php

kaffeine
03-27-2008, 04:22 AM
Is there any different between deleting an account and letting it get pruned for inactivity? At the moment I am letting a few accounts inactive so that it will get pruned. Is that bad?
some sites will disable your account if you delacct/pm staff, which means you won't be able to get another account there in the future. If you let them get pruned for inactivity there's no problem in getting a new account again later on. If you don't need the account, either way is ok.

@JROQuinn np mate. I would also like to see people delete their unwanted accounts instead of trading them/giving them away.

JROQuinn
03-27-2008, 04:30 AM
good to know for deleteing accounts only for sure never need again.
I was wondering that too about inactivity, never know when a long vacation may come up. Heard diff stories on parking accounts.

grimms
03-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Yea I may need to park some accounts soon myself I need to up my knowledge regarding that.

silvertec
03-27-2008, 04:57 AM
some sites will disable your account if you delacct/pm staff, which means you won't be able to get another account there in the future. If you let them get pruned for inactivity there's no problem in getting a new account again later on. If you don't need the account, either way is ok.

@JROQuinn np mate. I would also like to see people delete their unwanted accounts instead of trading them/giving them away.

most sites auto disabled accounts not used over so many days say 40 or what ever they set.
Rarely would accounts get deleted on request,just disabled..
Modified TB source won't have the delete/php

Not Complete
03-27-2008, 05:00 AM
Thank you For This Inf

messi30
03-27-2008, 06:46 AM
You can contact to staff, they can delete any account.