PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Utorrent 1.6.1 (build 490)

Roy.A
03-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Im really sorry if its dosnt belong here ... i didnt found any support section for BitTorrent stuff :(

Well ... i started my day and then i saw there is no Utorrent icon showing at the bottom of my tool-bar (its always in my tool-bar :blink:)

anyway , i run Utorrent again ... my torrents starting to connect (some of them are already green ... my port is connected well) ... i minimized the window , 5 minutes later i wanted to check how things are going ... i drag my cursor to the Utorrent icon and *blip* its disappears .

the software keeps on closing itself (it happens a couple of minutes after im starting it ...) i reinstalled it again but it didnt help .
i LOVE that Utorrent version (1.6.1 build 490) !
i never had any problems with it before - its so weird ...

Any help would be appreciated :cry:
* and im sorry again if this topic is not in its proper place *

Loris
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
what O\S are u using?
have you checked the event log, the reason its closing may be listed there.

Roy.A
03-27-2008, 01:04 PM
im sorry what is O/S? (Operating system ? if so , im using Windows XP professional - service pack 2 :unsure:)

the weird thing is there isnt any error message poppin' ... it just close itself silently without any warning, i didnt saw any event log as you mentioned ... where should it be in a case like that ?

im deeply sorry for my lack of information in that field - a.k.a. "Noobness" if you want :lol:

Spanky
03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Go to Control panel > Admin tools > event viewer.

fOrUmAs
03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
its very hard to tell why is this happening to u,it is strange,but 161 is pretty old version and u should upgrade to newest 177 and see if this will fix your problem

most private sites have banned 161 so that is also the reasone why u should get new one :)

Roy.A
03-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Thank you guys for all your support ,
it somehow working fine for now (after a few attempts)
i guess i'll have to upgrade my utorrent if the problem will return ...
for now im good with my 1.6.1, i love that version and its approved at the private trackers im using ...

Thanks again falks ! ~

messi30
03-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Any tracker is necessary upgrade to Utorrent 1.7.7 cuz utorrent old versions has many problems sending wrong information.

Hanz™
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
if it only happens with 1.6.1 it could be the exploit that utorrent got banned for from some torrnt sites recently?

sokrates
03-27-2008, 04:18 PM
it was only banned from waffles for the 'exploit'
and 1.6.1 (490) didnt send out any false information.. keep the bs out of here please ;)
what does the task manager say Roy.A? is the process still listed if you cant see it?
is everything the same after a restart?
if not just delete the *.dat-files but not the the resume.dat,resume.dat.old and the rss.dat (rss.dat cant do anything wrong i suppose :P)

Hanz™
03-27-2008, 04:39 PM
and 1.6.1 (490) didnt send out any false information.. keep the bs out of here please ;)
what does the task manager say Roy.A? is the process still listed if you cant see it?
if not just delete the *.dat-files but not the the resume.dat,resume.dat.old and the rss.dat (rss.dat cant do anything wrong i suppose :P)
sounds like it is the 1.6.1 exploit: http://what.cd/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=10738

other 1.6.1 users are gettin it

Roy.A
03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
when it disappeared/closed itself, the program wasnt listed in the task manager ...

sounds like it is the 1.6.1 exploit: http://what.cd/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=10738

people gettin' all paranoid again ? :unsure:
im tired of these games ... " if i'll stay with this version some evil dude will hack my computer , if i'll upgrade to an official utorrent version the big bad diaRIAA guys will lock me up . "
its a catch 22 situation ... and who knows the evil hacker dude might be the RIAA , they can exploit their knowledge about the software's structure . (you see ... its easy to get swept away by paranoia :dry:)

im staying with this version ... the only thing that will make me change version is if my computer will suddenly catch on fire :lol:
im using 1.6.1 (490) for a long time, and i didnt had any problems before .
it looks like a one time glitch ... it didnt appeared as a violent crash, there was no scary error messages poppin' up ... and for now it seems to work just fine again .

Thank you guys for all of your interest in my situation :fst:

saqib
03-27-2008, 09:11 PM

yeah , up gradation is necessary here i think

blindlove
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
i face problem with some tracker not support this version

Roy.A
03-28-2008, 11:43 AM
OK , it happend again ...
it was just fine for a day .. and then it happened again this morning .
i think i'll have to upgrade =|
which new version is the most recommended one ?
*it looks fine again now ... i guess its taking more time until it close itself again*