PDA

View Full Version : hd-bits.ro - unauthorized IP address

newswalker
03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
I got an invite to hd-bits.ro, but it doesn't allow me to register. It says "unauthorized IP address" and redirects me to google.

Is germany banned on hd-bits.ro? I don't have a static IP address and use the biggest internet provider in germany. Even after restarting my internet connection (and getting a new IP this way) the message stays the same.

Have they banned the complete IP range of my provider?

Polarbear
03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Is germany banned on hd-bits.ro?

i don't think so :)

they're open by the way: http://hd-bits.ro/signup.php

i could signup if i wanted to.

try to delete any cookies that the page may have stored and sign up.

newswalker
03-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Is germany banned on hd-bits.ro?

i don't think so :)

they're open by the way: http://hd-bits.ro/signup.php

i could signup if i wanted to.

try to delete any cookies that the page may have stored and sign up.

Same message again:

Forbidden

Unauthorized IP address.
Reason for banning: You have been banned!

And I don't find any cookies for hd-bits.ro.

Polarbear
03-28-2008, 02:27 PM
i pmed you and offered my help, but you didn't reply - never mind.

newswalker
03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
As you should know, you lose some of your speed when you are 30+. ;)

I answered your PM.

Blackbeard
03-28-2008, 03:26 PM
your ip is banned, you should try to pm a admin, did you have low ratio, trade or cheat?

newswalker
03-28-2008, 03:50 PM
your ip is banned, you should try to pm a admin, did you have low ratio, trade or cheat?

I never had an account at hd-bits.ro, so it's impossible that I was banned for a proper reason.

And I don't have static IP. It's dynamic and changes every time I reconnect. (same IP range of course) The only explanation for me is that hd-bits.ro banned the IP range I'm in, but that's no good solution because this is part of the IP range of the biggest german provider.

I can't PM an admin, because I'm not allowed to connect to the site.

Blackbeard
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM

I never had an account at hd-bits.ro, so it's impossible that I was banned for a proper reason.

And I don't have static IP. It's dynamic and changes every time I reconnect. (same IP range of course) The only explanation for me is that hd-bits.ro banned the IP range I'm in, but that's no good solution because this is part of the IP range of the biggest german provider.

I can't PM an admin, because I'm not allowed to connect to the site.

Oh that sucks, go to their irc help channel and see if they'll help..

newswalker
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Can you send me the IRC details, please?

Blackbeard
03-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Can you send me the IRC details, please?

Hmm, i don't remember, i'll check now.

EDIT: http://hd-bits.ro/chat.php try that, i don't have java installed atm.

newswalker
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
This doesn't work, because of my banned IP. I would need direct IRC data - something outside of the hd-bits.ro domain.

Polarbear
03-28-2008, 04:46 PM
all right. to be honest hdbits.org is the best site for hd content and way better than .ro.

they're full at the moment, but you can contact me in one or two weeks to get an account there.

it's the only site you need for hd.

as for hdbits.ro. i still can't imagine that they ban a german ip range. somebody will give you the irc details (i don't use irc) and you can check out what's going on.

grimms
03-29-2008, 12:19 AM
They may have banned your ip range. Only other possible reason would be that you were banned in the past. Or maybe someone who had the same dynamic ip address before you was banned with that same ip address. I know dynamic ip addresses change everytime you restart your computer or modem. Or if you do a ipconfig/ release all in cmd.

newswalker
03-29-2008, 02:12 AM
It has to be the IP range and I never was a user at their site. Maybe if someone can give me the IRC server and channel I can talk to one of the mods.