PDA

View Full Version : is this graphics card dead?

mikeco
03-28-2008, 05:31 PM
i just got a 2nd 7600GT off ebay plan was to go sli with it....
i plugged it in and so on but it didnt work. so i tried booting up with just the new graphics card only. and my monitor just said no input... so i switched back to my old card and that works like normal...

i also removed the heatsink off the new card and noticed it had been removed as theres thermal paste all over the place :huh:

when trying to use sli with it the card doesnt get picked up by the computer at all. and inside the computer the van on the card spins.

is this card dead? anythings i can try to get it to work?

i've already reported it to paypal. :frusty: hopefully i can get some of my £23 back :frusty: atleast it wasnt to much. :dabs:

kaiweiler
03-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Unfortunately is sounds like it.
If you use the same motherboard slot, same monitor, all variables the same as the other card, it sounds like it's dead.
Tough luck..

Detale
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
could possibly be a driver issue too though. What card did you have prior to this one? oops sorry just read the post better, yeah prob dead

tutipute
03-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Last thing you can try before burying the damn thing is to hook it up in a different computer... However, i'll say the chances are quite slim.
Sorry to here, may it R.I.P. :cry:

Aendar
03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
This card is allready dead... it hasnt DX10 and it is really slow with new games... Bad deal :(

tesco
03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
This card is allready dead... it hasnt DX10 and it is really slow with new games... Bad deal :(23pounds...:frusty:

mikeco
03-31-2008, 02:28 AM
This card is allready dead... it hasnt DX10 and it is really slow with new games... Bad deal :(

was totaly worth it for the price.. if only the bastard thing worked :cry:

would of got atleast 60+ fps with max settings as 1 7600GT can handle max settings on COD4 but only inside buildings.. :cry:

kondrae
04-07-2008, 11:41 PM
i also removed the heatsink off the new card and noticed it had been removed as theres thermal paste all over the place :huh:

It does not necessary mean that its been remove before if there is paste all over the place. Sometimes that how it comes stock. Happened to my friends new BFG 8800 GT. There was way to much thermal paste and it was all over.

But ya, your card sounds dead from what you told us

gzriks
04-12-2008, 06:41 AM
for me now an nvidea 8800GTX is! everything is going perfect on him