PDA

View Full Version : TehConnection - how is it?

whiteyes
03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
I read the introduction of TC in other place and it seems extremely promising. They had a unique idea to launch this new site.
And I look at the Commmunity Reps thread, they do have a strong staff team.
I heard this new tracker is going to be open very soon. Is here any tester or uploader can share with us some information how is it? Thanks!

Hey
03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
orly?

the site admin says to suck his dick, for an invite taht is :P

i think he likes gaybois and Ramsay ;)

XS75
03-28-2008, 11:37 PM
talked to the staff and stuff, looks awesome, but the sysadmins seem to hate fst..

FROM THE PEER GROUP

Lets be honest, starting a torrent tracker isnt very hard nowadays, it could be setup in less than 30 minutes if you have the knowledge to do so. But after the tracker in online, the question soon becomes... what is so special about this tracker?.... What sets this tracker apart the other hundred trackers out there?.. Is this tracker the right place for me? For most torrenters its as easy as saying ... "S*C, S*T, F*N, etc. What more do I need?".

Well, all these trackers have something in common, 0-day. And all the new trackers popping up day after day.. same thing, 0-Day. We don't know about you, but we're getting tired of it. Well let us tell you the future, the future is NICHE Trackers and that is what TC is all about. It wont be uploading the standard categories, it will be focusing on something that the staff enjoy alot, Movies. Movies, movies and more movies, this is what we are all about! We are all about the love of movies. To put it simply, Ill use a quote from Sturner16 a Global Moderator here at TC... "Imagine the late OiNK (RIP), now imagine OiNK as an all movie tracker... there you go, you have TC!"

Our categories will include the following:

Movie/VCD
Movie/SVCD
Movie/XviD
Movie/Collection
Movie/X264
Movie/HD
Movie/DVD5-NTSC
Movie/DVD9-NTSC
Movie/DVD5-PAL
Movie/DVD9-PAL

Now, some of you might be thinking, this is all good and what not, but I need alot of seeders and leechers! I dont want to join another tracker with 1 seeder and no leechers on every single torrent. Well we aren't going for the "1337" status as many trackers choose to sway towards, we are about doing things BIG, so what do we do to solve this?

We Open Signup till 50,000 users! Invite till 75,000!

But you say, even a big userbase cant help with my upload speed :`(
What do we say?

UPLOAD ABILITY AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE!

We dont care what you upload speed is, but if you can bring a unique torrent to TC that the members would enjoy, then you have the right to upload and seed it as much as you want!

Another big issue in the life of torrents nowadays in Security. Well look no further, we ourselves are very security minded, so we have done our best to make TC a safe tracker. We host in Canada (Oh Canadaaa) one of the few countries in the world, where torrents are legal! In the datacenter we will be hosting in, they have an estimated 25-30 private torrent sites online and over 100 public torrent trackers. To top it all off, we have a secure private cage/rack available to us whenever needed! How does the cage protect us, well apart for the biometric scans and card key access you need to enter the faciility, it will be located in an undetermined section of the massive datacenter.

~ So for anyone including any legal figures to determine the correct location of the web and database server, let alone access the facility is near impossible! ~

So getting hyped, huh? Well we aren't done yet!

We have worked on this tracker for months, making everything what we determine perfection. And we aren't using a TBSource, TBDev, etc source anymore, we make and use our own. A custom source built from scratch, so everything is the way we want it. We coded it so incase of any problems (god forbid) all users are 100% protected. You are what we call Untouchable!

So thats alot for information so sustain, but hes some more facts we thought you'd like to know.

The User Classes and Promotions:

Site Operator
Global Moderator ===================> Appointed By Site Operator
Moderator ==========================> Appointed By Site Operator
ViP//Community Staff = Teh Legend ==> Appointed By Site Operator
Uploader ===========================> Appointed By Site Operator/Global Moderator
Power User 3 = Teh Producer ========> Promoted at 25 Weeks + 1024GB Upload, Ratio over 3.50
Power User 2 = Teh Director=========> Promoted at 20 Weeks + 500GB Upload, Ratio over 3.00
Power User 1 = Teh Actor============> Promoted at 15 Weeks + 250GB Upload, Ratio over 2.50
Power User = Teh Fanatic============> Promoted at 4 Weeks + 50GB Upload, Ratio over 1.25
User = Member ======================> Default User Class

And to finish off, we aligned ourselves with staff who know how to get things done.. staff who know how to make a difference..

Thanks for Reading
Yours Truly,
The TC Team
( Zeitgeist, NETX, olz, 3NC3R, Future, Ramsay, Seppypom, BangBangJen, Fiskars, Hockeyman, Lance04, Nuget, Slipk, Zallycat and WizzCameron )

POSTED BY LANCE04

MAIN LINK
irc.tehconnection.eu
----------------------------------
US HUB
lost.us.tehconnection.eu
EU LEAF
elite.eu.tehconnection.eu

Channel: #TehConnection

.. Sysops ..
Zeitgeist
NETX
olz
3NC3R

.. Global Moderators ..
Ramsay
Seppypom
Future

.. Moderators ..
BangBangJen
Fiskars
Hockeyman
Lance04
Nuget
Slipk
Zallycat
WizzCameron

whiteyes
03-28-2008, 11:53 PM
@darkness
I was thinking you're the staff of TC, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Yep. I have read the same information since January. The ETA was about Febuary but it delayed untill now. I'm a movie person and I cant wait to see this new tracker! :D
Did you get in now? How is it? :P

XS75
03-29-2008, 12:03 AM
no im an uploader

and i cant wait for it to open aswell. Like you said, it looks promising

whiteyes
03-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Oops, I was thinkling you're some other guy. Sorry. :P
And thanks your information! :D
I can just wait and see. :)

will17
03-29-2008, 01:43 AM
This tracker sounds awesome. :D

singing_sol
03-29-2008, 01:52 AM
hey is it for us guys or to be open all over the world

HighRoller99
03-29-2008, 02:14 AM
are invites in circulation?

TheWho420
03-29-2008, 04:08 AM
WOW! onik but with movies......my dreams have come true. i cant F'N wait!!!!!

OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!!!!

Wi0
03-29-2008, 05:11 AM
are invites in circulation?

No, not yet. But, once it is open it will be open signup until 50,000 users. My suggestion is to get on their irc if you want to be first. :)

t0mmy
03-29-2008, 10:23 AM
looks promising :) there will be a big buzz on fst when this site opens up

Neoworld
03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Looking forward to it. Especially the HD section.

mindtrick
03-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I can't wait to see it!

Something Else
03-29-2008, 11:32 AM
So, they hate FST so you post all their info here.

Smart move. :sarcasm:

I bet they love ewe now. :dabsrod:

Peanut
03-29-2008, 11:42 AM
i hope its invite only .......
sounds like a promising tracker

asoto
03-29-2008, 11:50 AM
i hope its invite only .......
sounds like a promising tracker
It will be when it reaches 50k users. :)
Looks nice but we will see.

Islander_IBG
03-29-2008, 07:31 PM
wishing it has a great design.......

slimdogp
03-30-2008, 01:46 AM
I hope it has content that isn't rar'd!

That will help people with smaller hard drives seed longer. The site sounds cool, hope I can get in once it gets going.

SlipK
03-30-2008, 03:43 AM

That will help people with smaller hard drives seed longer. The site sounds cool, hope I can get in once it gets going.

It will be a combination of both. Scene releases will of course be in original scene rar format but user uploads have a choice of their upload being packed or not. And you'll get in just fine, it will be open signups :)

TheWho420
03-30-2008, 04:56 AM

It will be a combination of both. Scene releases will of course be in original scene rar format but user uploads have a choice of their upload being packed or not. And you'll get in just fine, it will be open invites :)

sounds great!!!

dunson
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Sounds cool. I agree 110% with the fact that niche trackers are what's needed. The general tracker market is saturated. Hope I'll be able to join TC, because it sounds pretty cool.

XS75
03-31-2008, 04:53 AM
The bt scene needs a dedicated movie tracker of this size.

th0r
03-31-2008, 05:02 AM
oh sweet, this is happening

i was asked to design that entire tracker, but sadly i did not have time ;\

pone44
03-31-2008, 05:14 AM
why not just pick good FST members and see how it goes instead of opening to all? Would be safe for you to do it that way, i am sure there are a lot of members that will want in if good!

chamaeleo
03-31-2008, 06:05 AM
why not just pick good FST members and see how it goes instead of opening to all? Would be safe for you to do it that way, i am sure there are a lot of members that will want in if good!

dunno maybe because it's made for people that love film not accounts...
:P

fazzy07
03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
This tracker has me all excited after a long time

Hopefully they ll have it up soon and then we can all enjoy it

TheWho420
03-31-2008, 10:55 PM
its a great idea to let all the uses upload. i think thats where alot of new trackers make a mistake. they dont let users upload. only a select few.

OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!

Wi0
04-13-2008, 02:10 AM
talked to the staff and stuff, looks awesome, but the sysadmins seem to hate fst..

FROM THE PEER GROUP

Lets be honest, starting a torrent tracker isnt very hard nowadays, it could be setup in less than 30 minutes if you have the knowledge to do so. But after the tracker in online, the question soon becomes... what is so special about this tracker?.... What sets this tracker apart the other hundred trackers out there?.. Is this tracker the right place for me? For most torrenters its as easy as saying ... "S*C, S*T, F*N, etc. What more do I need?".

Well, all these trackers have something in common, 0-day. And all the new trackers popping up day after day.. same thing, 0-Day. We don't know about you, but we're getting tired of it. Well let us tell you the future, the future is NICHE Trackers and that is what TC is all about. It wont be uploading the standard categories, it will be focusing on something that the staff enjoy alot, Movies. Movies, movies and more movies, this is what we are all about! We are all about the love of movies. To put it simply, Ill use a quote from Sturner16 a Global Moderator here at TC... "Imagine the late OiNK (RIP), now imagine OiNK as an all movie tracker... there you go, you have TC!"

Our categories will include the following:

Movie/VCD
Movie/SVCD
Movie/XviD
Movie/Collection
Movie/X264
Movie/HD
Movie/DVD5-NTSC
Movie/DVD9-NTSC
Movie/DVD5-PAL
Movie/DVD9-PAL

Now, some of you might be thinking, this is all good and what not, but I need alot of seeders and leechers! I dont want to join another tracker with 1 seeder and no leechers on every single torrent. Well we aren't going for the "1337" status as many trackers choose to sway towards, we are about doing things BIG, so what do we do to solve this?

We Open Signup till 50,000 users! Invite till 75,000!

But you say, even a big userbase cant help with my upload speed :`(
What do we say?

UPLOAD ABILITY AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE!

We dont care what you upload speed is, but if you can bring a unique torrent to TC that the members would enjoy, then you have the right to upload and seed it as much as you want!

Another big issue in the life of torrents nowadays in Security. Well look no further, we ourselves are very security minded, so we have done our best to make TC a safe tracker. We host in Canada (Oh Canadaaa) one of the few countries in the world, where torrents are legal! In the datacenter we will be hosting in, they have an estimated 25-30 private torrent sites online and over 100 public torrent trackers. To top it all off, we have a secure private cage/rack available to us whenever needed! How does the cage protect us, well apart for the biometric scans and card key access you need to enter the faciility, it will be located in an undetermined section of the massive datacenter.

~ So for anyone including any legal figures to determine the correct location of the web and database server, let alone access the facility is near impossible! ~

So getting hyped, huh? Well we aren't done yet!

We have worked on this tracker for months, making everything what we determine perfection. And we aren't using a TBSource, TBDev, etc source anymore, we make and use our own. A custom source built from scratch, so everything is the way we want it. We coded it so incase of any problems (god forbid) all users are 100% protected. You are what we call Untouchable!

So thats alot for information so sustain, but hes some more facts we thought you'd like to know.

The User Classes and Promotions:

Site Operator
Global Moderator ===================> Appointed By Site Operator
Moderator ==========================> Appointed By Site Operator
ViP//Community Staff = Teh Legend ==> Appointed By Site Operator
Uploader ===========================> Appointed By Site Operator/Global Moderator
Power User 3 = Teh Producer ========> Promoted at 25 Weeks + 1024GB Upload, Ratio over 3.50
Power User 2 = Teh Director=========> Promoted at 20 Weeks + 500GB Upload, Ratio over 3.00
Power User 1 = Teh Actor============> Promoted at 15 Weeks + 250GB Upload, Ratio over 2.50
Power User = Teh Fanatic============> Promoted at 4 Weeks + 50GB Upload, Ratio over 1.25
User = Member ======================> Default User Class

And to finish off, we aligned ourselves with staff who know how to get things done.. staff who know how to make a difference..

Thanks for Reading
Yours Truly,
The TC Team
( Zeitgeist, NETX, olz, 3NC3R, Future, Ramsay, Seppypom, BangBangJen, Fiskars, Hockeyman, Lance04, Nuget, Slipk, Zallycat and WizzCameron )

POSTED BY LANCE04

MAIN LINK
irc.tehconnection.eu
US HUB
lost.us.tehconnection.eu
EU LEAF
elite.eu.tehconnection.eu

Channel: #TehConnection

.. Sysops ..
Zeitgeist
NETX
olz
3NC3R

.. Global Moderators ..
Ramsay
Seppypom
Future

.. Moderators ..
BangBangJen
Fiskars
Hockeyman
Lance04
Nuget
Slipk
Zallycat
WizzCameron

:: TehConnection :: [Site: Online] :: [XBTT: Online ] :: [ Partial Opening: 12 AM EST Sunday ] :: [ News: 1,000 Users Invite Only ]

^^ IRC

deuce6000
04-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah that looks like it will be a good site.I do hope i end up with an invite somehow.

HDR
04-13-2008, 02:19 AM
A review would be nice. :)

Annoyed
04-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Wow, this looks like it's going to be great. Thank goodness it's not trying to be another lame 0day site(there are way too many, and most suck). I cannot wait to be a member at this tracker.

dunson
04-13-2008, 04:07 AM
I really, really like the tone of their description at the beginning of the thread. Good stuff. I hope I get in....

Aether
04-13-2008, 05:20 AM
I am a member there, will take a look around and let you guys know how it is :)

Proph13
04-13-2008, 05:49 AM
omg I'd love to be apart of this community!!! It sounds perfect for me!

/me offers an arm and a leg to be a member! :)

t0mmy
04-13-2008, 06:39 AM
nvm

Aether
04-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Edit: Disregard That
Will give out some invite if I get any

barakokula
04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Good luck to them,i hope they'll do good.

But they're a long way from what Goem is now. And now the demon's back.Bad timing. :D

stitched
04-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Good luck to them,i hope they'll do good.

But they're a long way from what Goem is now. And now the demon's back.Bad timing. :D

yes bad timing there were hoping demonoid wouldnt be coming back just yet..it will be a while for it grow

thrillerboy
05-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Sounds promising......... But, waiting for the next week for quite long time now ;)

J-dye
05-06-2008, 06:36 AM
this site is going to be huge :) , not just another 0day site

more like an oink equivalent for movies

Swift
05-06-2008, 07:14 AM
j-dye may your reply tell the truth :D

SlipK
05-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Sounds promising......... But, waiting for the next week for quite long time now ;)

hehe :P

It'll be soon. We'd rather get all the bugs out than open the doors and have issues. We are adding features daily, lots that you can't see ;) . I know you just got an invite but hang in there for content and more users. We have experienced staff and uploaders and content and users won't be an issue once we go open signup.There are plans in place :happy:

Stay Tuned

J-dye
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
hoi slipk , what do i do with my invites ? :D

SlipK
05-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Invite people? You're asking what to do with your TC invites correct?

J-dye
05-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Invite people? You're asking what to do with your TC invites correct?

yea

why didnt i think of it before :slap:

SlipK
05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
why didnt i think of it before :slap:
Glad I could help :P

n0_NaMe
05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing tehconnection, especially for the PAL dvd9's. I currently use dvdquroum for getting dvd9's but their speeds are crap. I hope TC will be better.

ajsi
05-06-2008, 11:38 AM
well, this site looks very promising :)

aaatoel
05-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I am really curious about this one! I hope it will be great!

robotpirate
05-09-2008, 10:46 PM
how is this tracker so far? how does it compare to goem?

dunson
05-09-2008, 11:01 PM
how is this tracker so far? how does it compare to goem?

I like the variety of movies being uploaded. This site is going to be teh shit, I think. It seems to be striving to be a big movie site with all sorts of stuff, which I think is pretty cool. Right now the site is brand new, but eventually I think it will be s really good tracker.

I have invites for good users who send a proper message. ;)

Nemrod
05-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Points very high.
The idea is excellent and I think they are doing things the right way.
So, my advice, if you can... get an invite, take it... try it, leech and seed, keep your account there, participate and in few months you won´t regret.

bubucea
05-10-2008, 04:11 AM
A very nice place ! Great!

binocular
05-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Help! I need you guys help! Can somebody tell me the IRC channel of TC, please?

I registered there last night (12 hours or so ago). Everything seemed to be fine!

This morning when I logged in the site, it really freaked me out.

It said my login failed because of the incorrect username or password !??

Neither can I recover the password by the registered email confirmation because it was not found in the database.

t0mmy
05-10-2008, 04:47 AM
they seem to have removed all the inactive accounts

binocular
05-10-2008, 04:54 AM

Jesus Christ! Then how about me? Am I the one disabled for inactivity just because I hadn't loggeg in on the site for 12 hours? :huh:

I registered there last night. As I woke up in the morning and everything changed..lol

SceneLOL
05-10-2008, 05:22 AM

Jesus Christ! Then how about me? Am I the one disabled for inactivity just because I hadn't loggeg in on the site for 12 hours? :huh:

I registered there last night. As I woke up in the morning and everything changed..lol

LOL, Unlucky,

soulreaper
05-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Er,why would I wanna join Tehconnection if I have my movie needs covered by KG(for obscure) and Goem(for mainstream) ?

That1Guy
05-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Help! I need you guys help! Can somebody tell me the IRC channel of TC, please?

I registered there last night (12 hours or so ago). Everything seemed to be fine!

This morning when I logged in the site, it really freaked me out.

It said my login failed because of the incorrect username or password !??

Neither can I recover the password by the registered email confirmation because it was not found in the database.

Same prob

I wasn't inactive, I actually downloaded something and was seeding right up until I was "disabled" (at least 2 days, i think)

Edit: I cant see why they would be disabling accounts for inactivity already. It's still beta, and like 500 members, with very little activity at all. Why would they get rid of people? Are they not gonna be "oink only movies" You are gonna need a LARGE user base to pull that off. Which really makes me want to think it is a mistake (they didn't mean to disable), but we will see....

@2nd Edit: Ive talked to someone, it is a bug....

Annoyed
05-10-2008, 05:44 AM

Did you download anything? If they disabled you for not downloading anything your first 12 hours, well then...that's kind of harsh.

That1Guy
05-10-2008, 05:54 AM
So some ppl can still log in?

Polarbear
05-10-2008, 06:39 AM
can someone provide me with the site stats, please?

t0mmy
05-10-2008, 06:44 AM
oh, my account works again :P maybe just a bug :]

ceasar
05-10-2008, 07:25 AM
[quote=t0mmy;2819780]
Jesus Christ! Then how about me? Am I the one disabled for inactivity just because
LOL, no you're not! I have same problem :D
I didn't download something yet, just because the was not that big choice, actually, was right about to do it, and was looking at the torrents with the whole amount of 8 leechers (that for all (!!!) torrents) and then restarted system and can't login, recover says email not found in DB. At least I posted in forums and commented torrents too. Anyway it was just testing week, next week will be open signup, and will get back there :)
The idea looks good so far, but we need huge userbase first and site design is hmm.. too oldschool?

J-dye
05-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I didn't download something yet, just because the was not that big choice, actually, was right about to do it, and was looking at the torrents with the whole amount of 8 leechers (that for all (!!!) torrents) and then restarted system and can't login, recover says email not found in DB. At least I posted in forums and commented torrents too. Anyway it was just testing week, next week will be open signup, and will get back there :)
The idea looks good so far, but we need huge userbase first and site design is hmm.. too oldschool?

dont :fear:

(23:36:43) (+SpX21) we are having some issues with the site cleanup script
(23:36:45) (+SpX21) in a few hrs
(23:36:50) (+SpX21) it should all be back to normal

:shifty:

bubucea
05-10-2008, 11:02 AM
My account don't works now :lol:

robotpirate
05-10-2008, 05:52 PM
i think i'll wait a while before joining.

dunson
05-10-2008, 10:52 PM
For the most helpful polarbear I know... ;)

Site Statistics
Max Users (Signups) 75000
Max Users (Invite) 100000
Registered Users 508
Unconfirmed users 52
Torrents 165
Peers 281
Seeders 264
Leechers 17
S/L ratio (%) 1553
Total Download 9.10 TB
Total Upload 9.33 TB
Total Traffic 18.42 TB
Total Speed 0.00 kB/s

Submission
05-11-2008, 12:36 AM
goem.org

jwsisliving1
05-11-2008, 02:54 AM
goem.org

KG and CinemaObscura are great sites for movies too.

dunson
05-11-2008, 06:07 AM
goem.org

:pinch:

That's great that there is already another tracker, maybe you should promote it somewhere else though. I'm sure goem is great, but I'm not sure your comment is helpful at all.

seppypom
05-11-2008, 08:07 PM
There was a small snafu yesterday, but the backup was restored, there may have been a small number of accounts that where lost, but just ask your inviter to reinvite you.

as far as what is uploaded already (or not), or the number of seeders.. well the site is not really release for prime time yet! they are taking it slow and getting all the bugs worked out.

SgtMajor
05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
There was a small snafu yesterday, but the backup was restored, there may have been a small number of accounts that where losted, but just fo back to you inviter and asked them to reinvite you.

as far as what is uploaded already (or not), or the number of seeders.. well the site is not really release for prime time yet! they are taking it slow and getting all the bugs worked out.

losted, fo, you, asked

Fuck me, only a TC staffer could come up with such euphemisms :P

Hope it is all going well btw?

seppypom
05-11-2008, 08:23 PM
There was a small snafu yesterday, but the backup was restored, there may have been a small number of accounts that where losted, but just fo back to you inviter and asked them to reinvite you.

losted, fo, you, asked

Fuck me, only a TC staffer could come up with such euphemisms :P

Hope it is all going well btw?

Damn, that makes no damn sense!

i was wondering where that text that i typed went to!

maged918
05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Is it banning users from Egypt? Just trying to open the site gives me a "403 Unauthorized" error message.. Isnt the url : tehconnection.eu ?

markupmaster
05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Looks Good..

I also can't wait until it opens up...

:)

monk3y
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
good luck guys

it's just a shame you've picked the lazy ass way of SCT - ipban for Israeli ips instead of handling the individuals.

pwarrier
05-15-2008, 02:36 AM
looks good ...

killercam101
05-15-2008, 06:21 AM
good luck guys

it's just a shame you've picked the lazy ass way of SCT - ipban for Israeli ips instead of handling the individuals.

its the intrawebs we're all lazy :whistling

trackrider
05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
It is looking great and seems to be running much more smoothly now. A good start with lots of promise :D

willsmith099
05-15-2008, 02:26 PM
luks promishing,just entered the tracker ;)

saqib
05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Looks Good..

I also can't wait until it opens up...

:)

u mean out of beta \ ? infect it is open and running smooth.. although swarm is not good at all , but m damn sure it ll cross TL in swarm...:cool:

willsmith099
05-15-2008, 02:32 PM
lol u are joking man,it can't cross TL for ages man :01: