PDA

View Full Version : Conecting to seedbox from FTP help please

Windy72
03-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Okies I have recently signed up with OVH and use the kimsufi package. I have read the guide.. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-setting-up-ftp-server-ssl-276623

I have not restricted the IP's.

My problem is connecting my home PC via FTP. I am fine accessing the remote desktop. I have used 2 FTP clients filezilla and cute FTP pro. I just cannot connect whatever I do. Anyone able to help perhaps somebody who uses the kimsufi packgage.

I am entering ks******.kimsufi.com as host address (****** is deliberately removed:naughty:). I am using my username and password supplied by OVH and nothing cannot connect. It just comes are you sure you have entered the right details etc. Help would be appreciated on this folks spent a couple hours trying to figure this out.

fazzy07
03-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Which OS do you have?

If you have debian on ovh kimsufi like me then this is the tutorial I used

http://howtoforge.com/proftpd-tls-debian-etch

I get around 80% of my download speed with filezilla

SgtMajor
03-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Why are you not using the direct IP address as supplied?

markupmaster
03-29-2008, 07:01 PM
See if there is a guide about it at torrent-source.net

:)

Islander_IBG
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
put IP in host address , then pur root and root pass as ur username and pass.....................simple :)

mr.Dman
03-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Make sure that you use FTP with TLS/SSH

class
03-29-2008, 07:12 PM
it is because te FTP connection logon and password is set by the FTP server. install an FTP server on your server, then set the username and password on the FTP server application, there is no built in FTP, this is how i did it on my kimsuuufi :)

puckface
03-29-2008, 07:15 PM
sftp should be installed already, but you dont want to use that, its slow as all hell. If its a linux box (or windows), you can install an ftp server, i recommend vsftpd for linux ( i dont know shit about windows), you will have to play with the vsftpd.conf file to allow users to login and non just anon. login, you can google everything needed to do this.

will17
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Why are you not using the direct IP address as supplied?

+1

use the IP address instead of the hostname.

Windy72
03-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Tried the IP address and root as username etc. Hell bummed out on this will look tomorrow when I got a clear head. Got a windows server application installed. One of the guides on OVH suggested I change password for FTP but the guide seems dated and the manager does not work as guide states. Thanks for replies so far will give this another shot soon. I have used FTP via seedm8 but OVH is my first proper box and it is proving to be an ass.

Hey Sarge I will get the 1 Gig RAM super douper server next month.:yup:

messi30
03-30-2008, 04:30 AM
I can help you, send me pm.

SgtMajor
03-30-2008, 05:00 AM

By keep offering to set boxes up means the user learns nothing, and neither do the others looking in.

They should be left to let them get on with it, so they can fix it when it goes wrong.

sexybowl
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
well, some are lazy :P

messi30
03-30-2008, 02:46 PM

By keep offering to set boxes up means the user learns nothing, and neither do the others looking in.

They should be left to let them get on with it, so they can fix it when it goes wrong.

Thanks, but i am here for help and receive help.

SgtMajor
03-30-2008, 05:38 PM

Thanks, but i am here for help and receive help.

Nobody is stopping you posting help, that helps everybody and more importantly the user learns more.

Aliyans
03-30-2008, 06:49 PM

hi
thats good suggestion Major...may be these helpers can ask them security info as cheat them..otherwise why cant they post their help here in their post instead of PM:whistling

SgtMajor
03-30-2008, 07:00 PM

hi
thats good suggestion Major...may be these helpers can ask them security info as cheat them..otherwise why cant they post their help here in their post instead of PM:whistling

I wasn't going to mention that for obvious reasons, but now you have it may make others think twice from now on, not that I am suggesting that anything untoward goes on like :)

The old adage of nobody on the internet can be 100% trusted at all times rings true.

Windy72
03-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Well no PM has been made. Not had time today or tomorrow. Will try Tuesday and post back. I would never give my logon details to a third party. Don't want you guys checking out my box!

mummysboy
03-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Try this:

If using fed core that is :o

login via putty

type

nano install.sh

copy and paste this into the window

# GlFtpd
echo "Going to install GLFTP"
cd ~root > /dev/null
mkdir installs > /dev/null
cd ~root/installs > /dev/null
wget http://www.glftpd.com/files/glftpd-LNX_2.01.tgz > /dev/null
tar xfz glftpd-LNX_2.01.tgz > /dev/null
cd ~root/installs/glftpd-LNX_2.01 > /dev/null
./installgl.sh

Then Press CTRL and X to exit and save it by pressing y

Then type

install.sh

Follow on screen prompts

as its a kimi dont put it in jail install it to /home/

THEN

Whilst still in putty

type

ftp localhost [port you put in the setup of glftpd]
user = glftpd
pass = glftpd

Then type

site adduser [username] [password] *@*
site change [username] ratio 0
site change [username] num_logins 0
site change [username] flags +1ABCH

then try logging in with your ftp client

come back with any errors

seedm8
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
SeedM8 will start offering dedicated boxes "similar" ;) to OVH where we can handle these changes for you.