PDA

View Full Version : Swebits Blocking IPs?

bananaca
03-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi,

For the past few days I've been unable to access swebits. Firefox just sits in "waiting..." and then returns "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.". I can't even access the site through my workplace vpn.

I am able to access the frontpage through a proxy (won't try to login though :P).

Does anyone know if swebits started blocking non-swedish/nordic IPs?

SgtMajor
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
MASS-PM: Tekniska problem
DETTA PM GÅR UT TILL SAMTLIGA MEDLEMMAR

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Som ni märkt har Swebits, sedan igår, varit nere pga. problem med databasservern. Först trodde vi att servern bara hade säckat ihop, och att en omstart av servern skulle räcka för att vi skulle komma online igen. Efter att vi fick vår omstart kunde felsökandet påbörjas, och tyvärr hade databasen blivit nästan helt förstörd. Nyaste backupen vi har är 19 dagar gammal, och vi tvingas nu använda den.

Med andra ord, allting som har hänt på sidan efter 7 mars kl. 14:00 är förlorat. Torrents, foruminlägg, uppladdat, nerladdat, varningar, befodringar, konton. Endast dupen överlevde databaskraschen.

Vi ber er att inte fråga om ni kan få tillbaka det ni laddat upp, vi kommer inte att ändra på någons upload pga. det här.

Inga konton kommer att tas bort direkt pga. dålig ratio eller inaktivitet, fredag 28/03 00:00 kör vi igång våra automatiska script igen.

Vi beklagar det inträffade.

bananaca
03-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Thank you!

I never got to read that PM as I have been unable to access the site. ;)

BadFungus
03-30-2008, 07:21 PM
WTF does that mean ?! Im also trying to access swebits without success ..

zedex
03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
LOL

nice translation Sgt :D

fOrUmAs
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Hmm.. i dont have any problems connecting to site,all working fine here..(im not member there tho)

useing FF2

SgtMajor
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
WTF does that mean ?! Im also trying to access swebits without success ..

LOL

Exactly, as if I give a fuck like.

Coming here and bitching solves nothing, go & find out what the tracker suggests you do in times of strife.

BadFungus
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
LOL

Exactly, as if I give a fuck like.

Coming here and bitching solves nothing, go & find out what the tracker suggests you do in times of strife.

:whistling

tutipute
03-31-2008, 04:42 AM
Hi,

For the past few days I've been unable to access swebits. Firefox just sits in "waiting..." and then returns "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.". I can't even access the site through my workplace vpn.

I am able to access the frontpage through a proxy (won't try to login though :P).

I know for sure that some countries are blocked though i doubt it if its nordic IPs only since i've been able to login from a non-nordic proxy.

And yes, what you are describing is exactly the symptom, you get the "unable to access..." page!

I'll say your best shot is to try and use a proxy but i am afraid that you might have the same problems with the tracker itself...

Best of luck! :)

BadFungus
03-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I know for sure that some countries are blocked though i doubt it if its nordic IPs only since i've been able to login from a non-nordic proxy.

And yes, what you are describing is exactly the symptom, you get the "unable to access..." page!

I'll say your best shot is to try and use a proxy but i am afraid that you might have the same problems with the tracker itself...

Hmm but when will this be fixed ?!

tutipute
03-31-2008, 03:04 PM

Hmm but when will this be fixed ?!

Fixed?!? :)
It looks like it was done intentionally... So i am assuming it is not going to change any time in the near future.

bananaca
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Still nothing.

What country are you guys from? I'm from Portugal.

Serjikal
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
This is weird. Can anyone really access the tracker? I can see the login page with a proxy but can't login.

Anyone knows their IRC channel?

BethCooper
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Har ni problem att komma in (logga in) på Swebits hemma eller har någon ni känner problem att komma åt Swebits?
Om det är så, gå in i #Swebits @ irc.freequest.net och skicka ert IP-nummer (http://www.whatismyip.com/) till Scarecrow, Jilve eller r3Fl3X. Eller skicka ett PM på sidan till nån av dem med ert IP (http://www.whatismyip.com/) så löser vi det.

OBS! Detta gäller endast om du inte alls kan komma åt Swebits!

Translated..

Do you have problem accessing or login to swebits at home or you know someone who have problems to access Swebits?
If so, Go to #Swebits @ irc.freequest.net and send your Your Ip number to Scarecrow, Jilve or r3Fl3X. Or send them a pm on the site with your ip and we'll solve it for you.

Do this ONLY if you cant access swebits at all!....

BadFungus
04-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Har ni problem att komma in (logga in) på Swebits hemma eller har någon ni känner problem att komma åt Swebits?
Om det är så, gå in i #Swebits @ irc.freequest.net och skicka ert IP-nummer (http://www.whatismyip.com/) till Scarecrow, Jilve eller r3Fl3X. Eller skicka ett PM på sidan till nån av dem med ert IP (http://www.whatismyip.com/) så löser vi det.

OBS! Detta gäller endast om du inte alls kan komma åt Swebits!

Translated..

Do you have problem accessing or login to swebits at home or you know someone who have problems to access Swebits?
If so, Go to #Swebits @ irc.freequest.net and send your Your Ip number to Scarecrow, Jilve or r3Fl3X. Or send them a pm on the site with your ip and we'll solve it for you.

Do this ONLY if you cant access swebits at all!....

Thanks for the info AnesZverotic :yup:

bananaca
04-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I talked to Jilve on IRC and he told me that they have been having DDoS attacks from my country so they filtered the IPs.

I'll use a proxy to keep the account active hoping that they will eventually unblock the IP ranges from my country.

zedex
04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
yes i talked to him too and he enabled my acc , still have to use proxy :d