I see this text DISABLED PRIVS
under the name of some users
what is that meaning please

kaffeine
03-30-2008, 04:54 AM
it means they've been naughty naughty.

SAM
03-30-2008, 04:55 AM
this means they've got more than five warns and they can't enter the invite section and post there.
but to me it means they got anal intercourse from the mods.

Squall.
03-30-2008, 04:56 AM
And your message privs are disabled too. ;)

Enlightened
03-30-2008, 04:59 AM
this means they've got more than five warns and they can't enter the invite section and post there.

Hmmmmm.....I am NOT to sure about that, I have seen some "Disable Priv" Naughty Boys in the Invite Section.:yup::naughty::shutup:

darkseekers
03-30-2008, 04:59 AM
What does "Disabled Privs" or "Disabled Privileges" mean? Disabled Privs/Privileges is a usergroup for members who are banned from the BT Invites Forum.
The reasons for them being banned is a huge range.
The important thing to remember is to not trade with a member who has "DISABLED PRIVS" (in red) under their user name.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/faq.php?faq=btinvites#faq_btfaq9

1000possibleclaws
03-30-2008, 05:20 AM
And your message privs are disabled too. ;)

this must not be your first account then!

Hmmmmm.....I am NOT to sure about that, I have seen some "Disable Priv" Naughty Boys in the Invite Section.:yup::naughty::shutup:

you sure they posted there AFTER they got their privs taken away?

Squall.
03-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Neh. I just know how this game works.

JA
03-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Means Skizo doesn't like them.

Skiz
03-30-2008, 07:58 AM

Wrong.

There are numerous reasons why a member might end up with disabled privileges, but 99% are due to either scamming or cheating.

Fix your sig newb. :P

(I)
03-30-2008, 08:08 AM

:lol:

Disme
03-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Wrong.

There are numerous reasons why a member might end up with disabled privileges, but 99% are due to either scamming or cheating.

The reason there aren't that many members with disabled privs:
... take scamming and replace the 'c' by a 'p' and there would be plenty more members with that title in here. :P

By the way ... nice question. Good luck with your answer. :whistling

JA
03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Some ass hat decided to censor my fucking bunny :blink: When i try edit it out it says i got to delete all of em of some shit because i reached limit; so i shall leave it like that until Reality can get off his ass and edit it for me :happy:

Skiz
03-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Some ass hat decided to censor my fucking bunny :blink: When i try edit it out it says i got to delete all of em of some shit because i reached limit; so i shall leave it like that until Reality can get off his ass and edit it for me :happy:

I fixed it. :snooty:

I see you're back. Did you finish your homework? :emo:

JA
03-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Thanks.

Nope still 5 months to go.

Though i still see your making best out of your life; cracking COD level 55 or whatnot :D

Skiz
03-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Thanks.

Nope still 5 months to go.

Though i still see your making best out of your life; cracking COD level 55 or whatnot :D

Women love me; terrorists fear me. :sneaky:

mansour
03-31-2008, 06:12 AM
any way to back from tis status to normal status and this member can back to BitTorrent Invites section and to messages ?

yayyyyyy
03-31-2008, 11:56 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

singing_sol
03-31-2008, 11:59 AM

SAM lol man mod's and intercourse u must be kiddin

bumrocks
12-01-2008, 12:44 AM
So I have seen this Disabled Privs listed on a few profiles here and there but I only became truly interested in the exact meaning (I had an idea) when I saw it on DeNeDe17's profile. Thanks to the mods here for being on their game and taking care of a member who was obviously taking advantage of the forum.

Worthy of a Super Bump on this thread!

cinephilia
12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
I only became truly interested in the exact meaning (I had an idea) when I saw it on DeNeDe17's profile
:lol:

good job mods :happy:

pone44
12-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Edit. Something you do not want to happen ;)

Detale
12-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Maybe depends on the MOD

cinephilia
12-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Barbarossa, you have no sense of humour :dry:
My nightmare became reality because of you... i'm Disabled Privs now :cry:

:fst:

ben99
12-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Barbarossa, you have no sense of humour :dry:
My nightmare became reality because of you... i'm Disabled Privs now :cry:

:fst:

:wub:

get better soon :lol:

vpg8000
12-19-2008, 05:04 PM
What happened? You're one of the better posters we have! :blink:

phantom
12-19-2008, 05:07 PM

u mean that rules are not for all? :)
hey @cinephilia stay cool... u will be k soon! ;)

ben99
12-19-2008, 05:08 PM

the staff didn't enjoy this thread that much:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-req-bt-rep-326038/?

it's weird because I found it greatly amusing :whistling

integral
12-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah, not many people get the whole wit thing, even if sarcasm is the lowest form of it. :(

vpg8000
12-19-2008, 05:26 PM

the staff didn't enjoy this thread that much:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-req-bt-rep-326038/?

it's weird because I found it greatly amusing :whistling

:lol: If anything that should give you enhanced privileges.

cinephilia
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
http://www.vive-fr.org/blog/images/Sankara.JPG

ajsi
12-19-2008, 07:03 PM
you are a bad boy, you broke the rules. now face the consequences :D
look at it from the better side, nobody can beg you for an invite via pm

pone44
12-19-2008, 07:36 PM
They Are always fair in my experience , all staff here at FST.Is really no need to question their decision on little things like this.

I was wondering why myself.Cine will be back soon :)

Members that cheat and lie continually to get invites-send Bt rep that is accusing a member of a action they never did,Holding fake giveaways-fake proofs-ect are reasons to disable privileges for good, i would think?

cinephilia
12-19-2008, 08:17 PM
yeah, not having access to bt sections during 30 days is not a problem for me, the point is that i'm disabled privs for making fun while reknown scammers/cheaters/traders are totally free to get multiple accounts and trade invites they got from honnest members, get banned from trackers for cheating, steal other people's ratio proofs etc...

Well, i think that some persons from fst staff take their job too seriously by enforcing rules like bots without any critical thinking... and they're proud of that (the bored attitude you know).

1000possibleclaws
12-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Members have been banned for rep abuse, so don't take it as a joke. Whether you choose to use it or not, rep is there for a reason, mostly to give an idea of how trusted a trader is. We have a strict policy against abusing rep, be it be making multiple accounts to rep yourself, repping someone for a trade they did not do, or directly asking for rep when an invite/account is not being given. I fully support Barbarossa's infraction, because members in general need to understand that abusing rep is not taken lightly. For me there is one warning and then you're gone for good; I don't even give three strikes.

If you have a problem with rep then ignore it. There is an option to disable your own rep in the user cp. Just ask Pone44 about rep abuse. He/she has been falsely repped for 'trading' quite a few times. If we let your thread slide, it will give the impression that the rep system is a joke, and would be unfair to other users who are abusing it.

Nemrod
12-19-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah, not having access to bt sections during 30 days is not a problem for me, the point is that i'm disabled privs for making fun while reknown scammers/cheaters/traders are totally free to get multiple accounts and trade invites they got from honnest members, get banned from trackers for cheating, steal other people's ratio proofs etc...

Sadly true, and because of that, absolutely unfair and infinitely ridiculous the punishment you got.
Itīs a shame, this site could be unique but I give up, some people, in many cases those who under any circumstance shouldnīt, do a lot of things for keeping this like a latrine.

pentomato
12-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Then I am screw, I must be next, he hates me.

Well, i think that some persons from fst staff take their job too seriously by enforcing rules like bots without any critical thinking... and they're proud of that (the bored attitude you know).

It is funny and ridiculous that moderators can disable your account just because they don't like you.

They Are always fair in my experience , all staff here at FST.Is really no need to question their decision on little things like this.

I was wondering why myself.Cine will be back soon :)

Members that cheat and lie continually to get invites-send Bt rep that is accusing a member of a action they never did,Holding fake giveaways-fake proofs-ect are reasons to disable privileges for good, i would think?

I agree that cheaters should be punish, but moderators here abuse their power because a difference of opinion they give you a warning, that is out of line big time.

cinephilia
12-19-2008, 09:21 PM
If you have a problem with rep then ignore it. There is an option to disable your own rep in the user cp.
well, i don't have any problem with rep points and i don't give a fuck about it, i have simply nothing to hide.

Just ask Pone44 about rep abuse. He/she has been falsely repped for 'trading' quite a few times. If we let your thread slide, it will give the impression that the rep system is a joke, and would be unfair to other users who are abusing it.
at my knowledge (correct me if i'm wrong) members who falsely repped pone44 didn't get banned so in some way, rep system IS a joke.

Polarbear
12-19-2008, 09:25 PM
gangstarr - just to get a rep.

edit: sorry, wrong thread.

1000possibleclaws
12-19-2008, 11:49 PM
well, i don't have any problem with rep points and i don't give a fuck about it, i have simply nothing to hide.

Just ask Pone44 about rep abuse. He/she has been falsely repped for 'trading' quite a few times. If we let your thread slide, it will give the impression that the rep system is a joke, and would be unfair to other users who are abusing it.
at my knowledge (correct me if i'm wrong) members who falsely repped pone44 didn't get banned so in some way, rep system IS a joke.

Why would I bring that up if it wasn't relevant? Of course some got banned; I had to ban a person today for repeated rep abuse. Maybe the others didn't re-commit the offense or were lucky and got dealt with by a more lenient mod. Next time, if you're unhappy with an infraction take it up in the report section and we can work something out. Complaining in public will not usually help matters.

pone44
12-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I can say 3 times, for nothing. T.S.O.L is right!
The BT rep and comment problem, with members repping themselves-others for no reason leaving false comments.It Is getting ridiculous.

Night0wl
12-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Well the rep in itself is ridiculous, so this punishment is harsh IMO.

If Cinephilia had posted "100 times 1 TTi SH giveaway, please rep", then there would be no problem.

At least what he did was quite funny.

pone44
12-20-2008, 12:16 AM
I have no problem with Cinephilia. Is mad cool to me. Not saying anything about him in any way bad!

was just commenting on the abuse of the BT rep system.

1000possibleclaws
12-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Well the rep in itself is ridiculous, so this punishment is harsh IMO.

If Cinephilia had posted "100 times 1 TTi SH giveaway, please rep", then there would be no problem.

At least what he did was quite funny.

He was asking for and receiving false reps. Whether it was 'funny' or not is irrelevant, because there is a standard in dealing with this. Sad thing is, if he had explained the intent of his thread in the report section instead of bitching and moaning in public, the warning might have been reduced or even eliminated. Don't expect every staff member here to know how you act. He breached the rules and was warned befittingly, and that's the bottom line.

As I mentioned before, and as a note to everyone: Start a misc. report thread to deal with these kinds of problems if you actually want to sort out the issue at hand.

edit: The issue was sorted out in the report section :)

Detale
12-20-2008, 05:48 AM

30 days?? Who said that? -Expires 12-22-08 11:20 AM looks like 3 days to me. You may see this as unfair but as T said it has become a serious thing here. We have to deal with bullshit from the BT rep abuse all the time and we have recently had a crackdown on it. Sorry you had to be one of the first but that's the way it is sometimes, besides a few days in the slammer may man you up a little anyway.:ghey:

If you know of said scammers with dupe accts or ratio proof theives by all means Report them asap, we will look into it and disable or ban them for their actions. We don't discriminate man. There are some who report all the things you mention they can attest that it is handeled promptly.