PDA

View Full Version : Binary Invasion gone for good?

ruby651
03-30-2008, 06:16 AM
I know the Binary Invasion site was down earlier this year for some extended maintenance, but I get the sinking feeling the site's gone for good. When I went to the site tonight, after it was down for the last 4/5 days, I got the dreaded "Domain Default Page." Has anyone else heard for sure if it's gone?

uggabugga
03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I've noticed it being down for at least the last 2 days. Surely hope it's not a goner.

ruby651
03-31-2008, 06:34 AM
It really doesn't look good. I've seen it go down before, but I've never seen the Domain Default page show up during the past down-times. I suppose life will go on without Binary Invasions... it just won't be as much fun! It sure made finding DVD releases extremely easy.

uggabugga
03-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree, it was easily the best DVD-nzb source around. And it's been around for years.

ruby651
04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Good news for... well... the one other binaryinvasions.com fan here! I tracked down thedevilman, site administrator, and got this email from him:

-UPDATE- I'm still having trouble with the server and still waiting on a reply to a ticket. Here is my own latest of many replies in this ticket, "I demand an update! It has been over 48 hours now since this ticket has been updated by anyone" I will update everyone again when I have something new to report. I am very sorry for the delays.

Thanks for holding in there. We will be back, it's just a matter of getting the whole mess sorted out and getting the server back up and running.

So there may be a bit of a wait, but it looks like BI will be up and running in the near future!

uggabugga
04-02-2008, 11:58 PM
That's great news :)

chaotic646
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I agree, it was easily the best DVD-nzb source around. And it's been around for years.

There have never been nzb's on binaryinvasion.

ruby651
04-04-2008, 04:10 AM

Granted, there weren't nzb's on-site, but the detailed info postings sure made it easy to find files on nzb search engines like binsearch.

chaotic646
04-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Granted, there weren't nzb's on-site, but the detailed info postings sure made it easy to find files on nzb search engines like binsearch.

I agree 100%. I was just pointing out that they didnt ever have nzb's. :ermm:

thedevilman
04-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I greatly apologize for not making a better effort to get the news out. BinaryInvasion.com will be back soon!

I am in the middle of a dilemma with my server company that will determine if i switch companies or stay and rebuild the site yet again with them.

It is a bit too much to go into now, but there have been monumental screwups from them to date, especially over the last few months, and i am waiting to see how they correct this and compensate for it. If their actions in the following days are not acceptable or do not live up to what i expect, I will be switching to another host.

In either case, the site should be back into a state of rebuild starting this coming Monday or Tuesday and hopefully be back up by that following weekend.

Again, i apologize for not having the info out there a bit more. Please hang in there. You can also visit us on IRC for the most up to date info. (#alt.binaries.dvdr @ EFnet) We will be back soon... I hope, hehe.
-thedevilman

P.S. thX for getting everyone up to date ruby651! :)

ruby651
04-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Thanx for stopping by with the news, devilman. Look forward to seeing the site up and about soon!

chroma601
04-13-2008, 03:01 PM
So I picked up an IRC client and logged on to EFnet, joined #alt.binaries.dvdrs, and - well, there were a few tumbleweeds rolling by, but it seemed desolate. Is there a particular command I should use to get a list of posts, or for that matter, anything at all?

Bear in mind I'm an IRC newbie, so please forgive my ignorance!

MultiForce
04-13-2008, 04:11 PM
So I picked up an IRC client and logged on to EFnet, joined #alt.binaries.dvdrs, and - well, there were a few tumbleweeds rolling by, but it seemed desolate. Is there a particular command I should use to get a list of posts, or for that matter, anything at all?

http://www.alt-bin.com/index.php?pg=lookup&req=&group=abd_req

Doesn't look like there are much happening but I'm not sure if the web page lists everything.

ruby651
04-14-2008, 09:14 AM

If you're an IRC newbie, I'm an IRC moron! I first attempted to track thedevilman down at EFNet, but really couldn't make heads or tails of it. That's when I did some Google-digging for his email address.
In his original message to me concerning the server problems and rebuild, he had mentioned discussing the issue on EFNet, and I don't see any messages of that kind on the webpage Multiforce attached. I'm hoping the site's still in rebuild mode, but until someone writes "Dick and Jane Visit EFNet", I know I'll be in the dark. :wacko:

MultiForce
04-14-2008, 12:57 PM

If you're an IRC newbie, I'm an IRC moron! I first attempted to track thedevilman down at EFNet, but really couldn't make heads or tails of it. That's when I did some Google-digging for his email address.
In his original message to me concerning the server problems and rebuild, he had mentioned discussing the issue on EFNet, and I don't see any messages of that kind on the webpage Multiforce attached. I'm hoping the site's still in rebuild mode, but until someone writes "Dick and Jane Visit EFNet", I know I'll be in the dark. :wacko:

Sorry but I forgot the topic of the post when I replied. I thought he was after releases hehe. Maybe it is time to stop answering posts @ work :P

ruby651
04-15-2008, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE=ruby651;2784080]

Sorry but I forgot the topic of the post when I replied. I thought he was after releases hehe. Maybe it is time to stop answering posts @ work :P

Stupid work! I'm trying to juggle some six forums! I can't do all that at home! :lol:

ruby651
04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Live is worth living again! Binary invasions is back up and running! For those of you who haven't visited before, might I recommend one the most comprehensive collections of usenet movie posts on the web at http://www.binaryinvasion.com I don't think you'll be sorry that you visited!