PDA

View Full Version : getting connectable in utorrent with a VPN connection

KFlint
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi,

i just had to buy a vpn service because my isp is now shapping traffic and limiting bandwith usage for bittorrent, they suck :(

it works fine except i can't seem to be connectable, i opened TCP port 1723for PPTP and port 1701 UDP for LPTP in my router, same result

anyone managed to be connectable in utorrent using a VPN connection?

thx :)

markupmaster
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow..

I have never thought about a situation like this..

:(

You have probably already looked there but the only/best place I can think of for something like this would be portforward.com

myfranco
03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Sorry if it seems that i underestimate your knowledge but did you open those ports for a specific lan ip i.e. 192.168.1.10 etc.

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm also interested in this...

Sonnentier
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Isn't the open port at your VPN provider's connection the relevant configuration?

Your router should just forward to VPN server, that server should accept incoming connections I think :huh:

KFlint
03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Isn't the open port at your VPN provider's connection the relevant configuration?

Your router should just forward to VPN server, that server should accept incoming connections I think :huh:

That's what i'm thinking too

i understand that i only need to forward port used by the VPN connection, not the port i specify in utorrent (which i still do because i didn't remove it)

a friend told he was connectable using relakkks VPN, without doing anything with his router, so it must be server-side related i guess, i might be wrong

will do some test with other trackers to see if it's only sct who complains about being not connectable

:wacko:

allright, just tested on waffles and i'm connectable, for some reasons sct still see me as unconnectable