PDA

View Full Version : Hdbits.org help

Sebur
03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Alright, so today when I tried to login to HDbits.org it said my account was disabled. and I know they have this "you have to leech" rule, but I had just downloaded a few GB's during the free leech. Does anyone know that HDbits help irc, I already tried to get into their regular IRC but it said I needed a passkey.

lovejj
03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
you have to leech
in my memory,u must download 1gb per month,
do not do this u will be banned~~
i think u do not waste your time in their irc,find a inv is a good way

Aliyans
03-31-2008, 04:17 PM
hi
how was ur accounts status..new ?? it will be autopruned if no upload/download for a period..:whistling

IRC[mIRC] irc://irc.p2p-network.net/hdbits?HD>you[copy n paste on address bar if u have mIRC installed]

"Unparked accounts are pruned when 50 days have elapsed since the last recorded activity. Parked accounts are pruned when 100 days have elapsed since the last recorded activity. Also note that we regularly clean out accounts with very low share ratios.
Upscale accounts are pruned after 4 weeks
"You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] (https://hdbits.org/rules.php) If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.

tenis69
03-31-2008, 04:38 PM
hi
how was ur accounts status..new ?? it will be autopruned if no upload/download for a period..:whistling

IRC[mIRC] irc://irc.p2p-network.net/hdbits?HD>you[copy n paste on address bar if u have mIRC installed]

"Unparked accounts are pruned when 50 days have elapsed since the last recorded activity. Parked accounts are pruned when 100 days have elapsed since the last recorded activity. Also note that we regularly clean out accounts with very low share ratios.
Upscale accounts are pruned after 4 weeks
"You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] (https://hdbits.org/rules.php) If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.

My account was disabled too I don`t no why??? I have this since 1 year and rigth now disabled??? I have only one torrent as you see in my screen with bar blue and i don`t belive this can someone tell me if i can talk with someone here in Fst???
Mirc doesn`t work coz You need a registered nick to join that channel.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9291/hdbitsorgzo6.jpg

grimms
03-31-2008, 05:14 PM
My account just got disabled today as well. You have to upload/ Download at least 1 GB a week or something.

J-dye
03-31-2008, 05:25 PM
My account just got disabled today as well. You have to upload/ Download at least 1 GB a week or something.

:rolleyes:

next time dont forget to read the rules

deuxdoom
03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
hm... next re-join ~ you must read FAQ ! ^^;;

tenis69
03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Can someone tell me if here in FST is a member of hdbits staff who i can explain my situation??

Dale.Cooper
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Ridiculous rule.

BluRossonero
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
1000 users disabled - 31/03/08

We've had another cleanup of useless users, so in about 50 days we'll have 1000 more spaces http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/smile1.gif

In slightly related news, can you please stop asking us why people have been disabled. They cheated, or got disabled for some other reason that we're not going to reverse .. so stop it !

this is from the home page of hdbits...

Also from the FAQ:

Woozle
03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
You beat me to it, Blu. :P

tenis69
03-31-2008, 07:08 PM

We've had another cleanup of useless users, so in about 50 days we'll have 1000 more spaces http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/smile1.gif

In slightly related news, can you please stop asking us why people have been disabled. They cheated, or got disabled for some other reason that we're not going to reverse .. so stop it !

Also from the FAQ:

Thanks my friend for put here the information but i donīt no why they disabled my account. I think this rules are ridicule but are theirs rules.

TidusBlade
03-31-2008, 07:35 PM
In my opinion, they're OK.
Theres only 21000 slots, and best thing to do would be to fill them up with active users, and just downloading one movie a month is enough, because most are 4GB+

KennyX
03-31-2008, 11:47 PM

Also from the FAQ:

Using a seedbox got me disabled! I had up/downloaded slightly over 4gb a week.

grimms
04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
:rolleyes:
next time dont forget to read the rules

Oh it's you J - A**hole. Guess you got bored with your lounge ass kissing and simpsonized avatar making escapade eh?:dabs: F'er. No biggie... Didn't have much use for it anyways.:noes:

Go back to the lounge and do more kissing up.:dabs:

Swift
04-01-2008, 08:08 AM
i didn`t heard about that rule , but i was lucky i downloaded a lot :D

sokrates
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
lol, dont tell me 1 gb/week would be too much.. i didnt use my acc there since they banned 1.6.1.. and still have enough traffic although i only had 32KB/s upload speed..
if you cant generate that little traffic you really dont need the tracker..

pelusa10
04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
hey guys! I need help!
Does anyone know how to join the HDBits IRC channel?
I'm trying to join that channel but I can't!
all I know is the server and the channel are:
irc.p2p-network.net
#hdbits

thanks in advance!! :)

theflystyle
04-02-2008, 12:55 AM
i check the site regularly for stuff and i dont really download much to keep my ratio (which was great).... now im pissed that i didnt know but this is what happens when you try to keep a ratio... any other sites do this??

ezflow
04-02-2008, 01:35 AM
They disabled my account for using it too little as well. I had an awesome ratio and while I might not have downloaded enough the last few weeks to meet their rules I have certainly uploaded enough in the last few weeks to meet their rules with what I had actively seeding because there have been enough leechers grabbing from me. Besides having active seeds I had logged in to my account frequently to see if there was anything on it that I needed though they do not count that...Personally I don't consider it any big loss and I certainly will not be trying to get my account re-enabled. I would rather be on sites that I do not have to worry about losing when real life demands keep me too busy for a spell or for not downloading enough when they don't have anything I need or that I haven't already grabbed from another site that got it 1st. Another reason I didn't use the account too much was because they were too finicky and never would allow my seedbox. Life goes on. :)

HighRoller99
04-02-2008, 01:40 AM
this sucks my account got disabled too, the site is full to isnt it?

barnes
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
total crazyness.
what's next?
official language on the tracker will be set to hindi?

Annoyed
04-02-2008, 03:33 AM
That's such a lame rule. I gave my account away to a good friend of mine after learning about this. There's some periods where there just isn't any shit that you want, so you shouldn't have to download a bunch of unwanted crap just to keep your account active.

Swift
04-02-2008, 06:57 AM
if you really want it you can dld and upload a GB ;) wtf ? is that so hard ?.. no i don`t think so yesterday i up`ed some Gigs without seedbox or stuff like that

Grind$oFine
04-02-2008, 08:18 AM
I was hoping it was an April Fool's day joke. :ermm:
:P

But it is a slightly ridiculous rule. In my opinion, I use the site often enough to earn my place there, yet still banned for inactivity. I can't download tons of movies constantly, my ratio would be terrible. I typically would seed, and when I cashed in my seed points, I'd grab a few movies.

I don't even have that kind of time, nor the the space, nor the interest in that many movies to be CONSISTENTLY active that often. (And I picked the wrong week to be busy.)
It's unfortunate, I'll have to find a new HD site.

Toufas
04-02-2008, 08:46 AM
no its a great rule.
it makes the stupid tracker collectors gtfo, and keeps the proper users that use their account as normal.
if you whine, its because you didnt need the tracker to begin with, its a high definition tracker, not your "aXXo" rips. a single episode download per week would be enough to keep you in there and yet, you couldnt even do that.
i am 1000% sure you will not be missed from in there.

Grind$oFine
04-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Not having a GB of upload/download amount EVERY week, does not make you inactive.
Not logging in for over a week, I could see. OR more importantly, not being registered as a seeder for over a week.

There could've be more efficient ways to prune out "collectors". But really I don't care if they banned me - not because I didn't use the site, but because it's replaceable and it's only a BT tracker. The biggest regret of the situation is that a friend of mine had an invite wasted.

By the way, there are people who watch TV shows on TV, thus eliminating only having to download an episode a week to stay in there. Unless, of course, you start to download stuff you won't even watch just to stay alive at a tracker. Which is kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

There are plenty of reasons why a normal human being might not be able to comply with those strict rules.

Though the banned users might not be missed, I can't imagine that it has made the site any better. They could've banned people who hit n run, or who have lousy ratios instead.

dcliffnotes
04-02-2008, 09:33 AM
yeah man my acct got disabled too. i always left them torrents seeding. its not my fault users wont download old torrents from me. never hit n run nor cheated. sucks, i guess the site has other plans. its cool though

Polarbear
04-02-2008, 09:54 AM
oh my god. there's a site that needs you to download one movie per month. how dare they. i mean trackers are there to get a high buffer and invites not to download content, right?

how can they make such a cruel rule? it's a shame.

do not download anything from your trackers. it will have an immediate effect on your e-penis and it will reduce your buffer.

trackers are there to have them and to buffer them. downloading is evil and decreases your ratio (<-- most important thing in the world).

bad bad hdbits. downloading sucks!!!!

next thing they want me to do is watch movies - no way!

GoldStoNe
04-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Nice one Polarbear, I enjoyed reading your post. Well, I guess the rule is fair enough. HD movies are large anyway. It would translate to one movie (4gb) a month as someone said. Damn, I watch movies almost every night. I can't survive 1 movie a month. :)

It's good that inactive users are disabled so that new hopeful user like me would have the chance to get in. :)

Grind$oFine
04-02-2008, 11:02 AM
It's not one movie a month, it's essentially one download a week - no matter what.
Someone could download 5 movies one week, (which would be ~20GB at the LEAST)
and if they don't download anything the next week, they would've been banned.
Even if they had a positive ratio,
and they do have a decent amount of upload and download stats,
and even if they continuously seed no matter how long it takes to seed back 1:1 or higher.
It's a flawed system and it's not necessarily pruning bad users.

AugustoP
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Although I don't like the rule and probably was on the brink of being disabled myself, it makes sense. If you're not particularly interested in that kind of content you should free your place for someone who is.

cstrik3
04-02-2008, 11:39 AM
It's not one movie a month, it's essentially one download a week - no matter what.
and even if they continuously seed no matter how long it takes to seed back 1:1 or higher.

this rules sucks!

:(

TidusBlade
04-02-2008, 11:52 AM
hey guys! I need help!
Does anyone know how to join the HDBits IRC channel?
I'm trying to join that channel but I can't!
all I know is the server and the channel are:
irc.p2p-network.net
#hdbits

thanks in advance!! :)
They just changed their IRC system to not use a password, and instead to use an invite system...

Although I don't like the rule and probably was on the brink of being disabled myself, it makes sense. If you're not particularly interested in that kind of content you should free your place for someone who is.
I totally agree, theres not much slots, and lots of users wanting to get in. Why keep the people that download one movie every couple of months when there are users that are willing to upload new encodes, contribute to the community and make use of the tracker?

GoldStoNe
04-02-2008, 03:52 PM

hmmm...i'm not sure if your analysis is correct mate. The rules as earlier posted by Aliyans says---

"You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.

It says 1 GB a week is the average.. How long have you been a member? and what is your amount of upload and download?

bikernin
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
great!
i just finished with my exams after two weeks. wanted to download some movies for a good overnight and what do i find? account disabled coz' i dint download for the past week. boo hoo :P
its a bit of a joke really. ahh well, theres plenty other places out there but i actually liked this one.

hmmm...i'm not sure if your analysis is correct mate. The rules as earlier posted by Aliyans says---

"You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.

It says 1 GB a week is the average.. How long have you been a member? and what is your amount of upload and download?

i had more than 50 gigs uploaded and less than 10 downloaded and was not a member for more than 10-15 weeks. also i downloaded most of the movies in freeleech so those stats are not even recorded. what calculator says thats not 1GB a week?

J-dye
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
freeleech doesnt count :dabs:

bikernin
04-02-2008, 06:13 PM
torrents are freeleech so that more people download. and if that is not counted as activity, then thats really silly

Swift
04-02-2008, 06:24 PM
i think that counts because last week it was freeleech on all torrents and made some buffer on them ;) so i think it counts !

Grind$oFine
04-02-2008, 06:59 PM
With a rough estimation of when I joined, and my upload amount, and with the calculation of the download amount of the files still on my computer, I had about 7GB of transfer a week on average.

I went about a week and a half without downloading anything. I was busy with school, and I also have been grabbing Xbox 360 games when possible because I have plans to buy one as soon as I find a good deal - so thats been taking up a lot of my bandwidth. It was a momentary situation when I wasn't using the site.

So, though in the past I'm sure they were more lenient and actually followed their own rules of about 1GB a week average, they weren't being very fair when they did this banning over 1,000 users thing.

And like I said, I'm not crying over my loss, I'm not gonna die, I'm not even that upset, but this situation was pretty unjust. They could've just deleted people, at least given them a chance to "learn from their mistakes" if they would ever go through the trouble to get invited again. They could have even posted a note on the homepage a week prior and told people that they were gonna be examining accounts. I'm sure most of the "useless"/"inactive" people don't read the news anyway.

People keep saying they got rid of inactive people, but in reality, I bet there are people on the site who use it less than people who got banned - they just happened to download their 1GB that week in order to get by.

danT
04-05-2008, 09:04 PM
my mail adres gmail a theft...
then my acc hdbits (iplay etc.)a theft...
now recovered gmail acc (and iplay acc) but my acc hdbits is disable...
is some chance i recovered ?

(my mirc not work - impossible conecting hdbits)

J-dye
04-06-2008, 06:44 AM
someone need to speak to the staff about the inactivity and data transfer :dabs: