PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Pages : [1] 2

tesco
03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Anybody watch this show?
If not, do it.
First season is on Usenet right now... (just ended)

Ver good show. :)
Kind of like the same idea as Weeds.

HarlanS
03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Agreed, REALLY good show!

clocker
04-02-2008, 01:05 AM
It's great.
Brian Cranston moved way up my favorites list because of this show.

Hairbautt
04-02-2008, 01:10 AM
:eyebrows: Is it funny?

kooftspc11
04-02-2008, 05:14 AM
great fucking show. i actually think its better than weeds. weeds got very boring this last season. id put this one up with dexter

tesco
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
:eyebrows: Is it funny?It started out funny in the first ep or 2, then just got to be a really good show without being funny (:O).:)

clocker
04-03-2008, 01:32 AM
I think it's funny in a really dark way although not "laugh out loud" funny.
The episode when he blows up the dealer's headquarters was strangely humorous.

Hairbautt
04-03-2008, 05:40 AM
:eyebrows: Is it funny?It started out funny in the first ep or 2, then just got to be a really good show without being funny (:O).:)
I'll check it out. ;)

God help you if you're wrong. http://www.smileygenerator.us/t/temp/DEVIL/angry.gif

tesco
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I think it's funny in a really dark way although not "laugh out loud" funny.
The episode when he blows up the dealer's headquarters was strangely humorous.True.
The end of the season finale was pretty funny too.
The way they both just have that blank look on their faces then look at eachother slowly then it ends. :lol:

Hairbautt
04-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Jesus F* Christ. This isn't a comedy show :blink:

clocker
04-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Define "comedy".

For example, do you think Fargo was a comedy?

kooftspc11
04-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Define "comedy".

For example, do you think Fargo was a comedy?

fargo was an abomination...

LifeStealer
04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
It is funny in a dark way and has its moments. All in all great show. Problem is its on A&E :(

C-mos
04-05-2008, 07:35 AM
it's a good show :)

Septimus
04-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I will try to see it.... Right now i´m watching House M.D. :happy:

saqib
04-08-2008, 07:34 PM

who says it is ?

megabyteme
02-17-2010, 01:28 AM
New season starts Sunday, March 21. For those who have not seen it, do as Tesco recommended- watch it NOW. Get caught up on the first two seasons. Brilliant.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

hoodevil
02-17-2010, 11:09 PM

who says it is ?

I love this tv serie, is the really life.

Cabalo
02-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years to live. With a new sense of fearlessness, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime, where he ascends to power. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis, such as White's, releases a typcial man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to kingpin of the drug trade.

Seems interesting. Probably will give it a look, but it better be good.

Rart
02-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Sounds like an interesting show! I'll have to check it out sometime. And just in time, I was looking for another drama to tide me over as I suffer from Lost withdrawal in a couple months...:cry:

tesco
02-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years to live. With a new sense of fearlessness, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime, where he ascends to power. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis, such as White's, releases a typcial man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to kingpin of the drug trade.
The first season was great. The second season wasn't bad either.

megabyteme
02-18-2010, 02:27 AM

Give it 3 episodes, I'll bet you are hooked. It keeps getting better, too. By the end of season 2 it's really intense!

Sanka113
02-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Now, I'm in the mood to go to "Taco Cabeza".

Albo Da Kid
02-19-2010, 12:51 AM

Seems interesting. Probably will give it a look, but it better be good.It's good believe me. After the first episode you'll be hooked on it.

lee551
02-19-2010, 02:30 AM
This is one of the season premieres I've been waiting for. I'd recommend this show to anyone who wants some decent drama involving meth-dealing, cops, and cancer.

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 02:45 AM
This is one of the season premieres I've been waiting for. I'd recommend this show to anyone who wants some decent drama involving meth-dealing, cops, and cancer.

:lol:

Below is my brief synopsis of the show. It isn't really any more of a spoiler than the description posted by cabalo. However, I enjoy going into good shows with no outside info.

Really, just watch it.

I was drawn to it because of the contrast we have in real-life between the messages of "doing the right things" and what actually has rewards in our society. Walt is the perfect example of doing everything as we are told we should. He is a good father and husband, he is a high school chemistry teacher, and good community man. When he is diagnosed with cancer, he begins to question the messages and decides to break out of the norm. There are a lot of rewards for being "bad" -and consequences.

clocker
02-19-2010, 04:56 AM
I have very high hopes for the upcoming season.
Breaking Bad has some of the most intricate and well planned story arcs of any show today (the magenta teddy bear in the swimming pool, for instance) and a consistently excellent cast.
Walter/Heisenberg is clearly the linchpin but Jesse has become my favorite character.
Peekaboo was season two's best episode, I thought.

It will be interesting to see Skyler's reaction to Walter's Heisenberg alter ego, maybe she'll pull a Clarice and join the dark side.

megabyteme
02-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Reply to clocker (and other fans of the show):
I am not a fan of the flash-forward as a story telling device normally, but for this show it is used brilliantly. I believe the difference is that there is actually a story that gets you to the f-f sequence in Breaking Bad, whereas most of the time it simply ruins the one dimensional aspect of the "plot".

As for the upcoming season...the last few seconds of season 2 left me wondering, "Where the heck do they go from there?!!!" Talk about being responsible for some serious trouble in the world....

Jesse has developed from the most one-dimensional character ever, to one with a conscious- and one worth sympathizing for. Walt grew from Joe Average to serious Iceman (flash-forward with the shaved head leaving the blown-up building) and then back to caring father and husband. Now he's got all kinds of new worries and...

Is it March 21 yet?!!!

Albo Da Kid
02-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Just curious...What did you guys think when Skyler was fantasizing about a relationship with her boss while she was pregnant with her husband's child and while her husband was going through tough battles with his cancer? I forgot if she ended up having sex with him or not, but I remember that her relationship with her boss was slowly leading to that.

I thought that was despicable in her part. I understand that her husband wasn't giving her any attention due to being caught up with his illegal operations, but that's not an excuse whatsoever to go and cheat. I started to feel disgust for her character after this.

megabyteme
02-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Reply to Albo:

I believe the Skyler thing had as much to do with the desire for financial security as anything else. I don't think it was really a sexual thing, but an escape. It ties into Walt's justifications also- she has been doing the "right things" her whole adult life and has grown unhappy and insecure (new baby, finances, relationship with Walt) as a result. It also leads into the possibility that she could go along with Walt's "outside work"...

Cabalo
02-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Just finished watching the s01e03 and it's looking ok.
The story is developing kind of slow, but I was expecting that.
There was a cool twist when he killed that crazy-8 character.

megabyteme
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
It only gets more intense from there. Yeah, parts are slow, but they remain relevant and help build the future story/conflicts.

Rart
02-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Just finished watching the first two episodes.

The premise is great but it just seems so...depressing. It's almost turning into BSG - that show basically made me want to cut myself every time I watched it, so I ended up stopping, even though it really was a great show.

I hope it picks up sooner or later without all the negativity :dabs:

megabyteme
02-22-2010, 02:41 AM
It is a very dark show, Rart. I can't deny that. It is about stepping out of normal suburbia life and into the world of manufacturing crystal meth. There is a fair amount of physical violence, really facked up situations, and some very bad people. Personally, I like that it makes me uncomfortable to watch parts. When I see something that makes me cringe, I know that there is a line that I would not want to cross myself.

I'm not entirely sure about BSG(battlestar?) :unsure: I never watched that show.

Uncomfortable is good. thought provoking is good. Dark (situations that exist completely out of a "normal person's" comfort, have value not in what they say verbatim, but form the outlying and out of control circumstances/

Rart
02-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Yea, BSG is Battlestar Galactica. It was a great show (and a lot of people loved it) but the show starts with almost the entire human race except for the people on the Battlestar Galactica ship getting completely eradicated. And you wouldn't expect it, but it only gets more depressing from thereon out. It just got to the point where it really wasn't fun for me to watch anymore, I'm just hoping that Breaking Bad doesn't turn into that.

Just finished the third episode though, and it does seem to be picking up. Cabalo was right, the scene with Crazy Eight was pretty intense. I guess I'll have to continue :D.

Cabalo
02-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Will go for s01e04 too in a couple of hours. No spoilers here, fookers! :angry:

This is indeed a good serial.

MBM, is season #2 better than the first ?

Rart
02-22-2010, 04:09 AM
Ending of 4th episode was hilarious :D.

Never knew he dad it in him.

Cabalo
02-22-2010, 04:14 AM

:dry:

megabyteme
02-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Will go for s01e04 too in a couple of hours. No spoilers here, fookers! :angry:

This is indeed a good serial.

MBM, is season #2 better than the first ?

I thought so. From the amount of drama, the positions that Walt is now in, the characters they are facing- yes. It certainly does not slow down. I am seriously excited to start with season 3. BIG finish on season 2...:nauty: but that is all I am sayin...

Albo Da Kid
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
A few other crime shows that you guys should check out are The Wire and The Sopranos.

Rart
02-22-2010, 02:36 PM

:dry:

Hey I made sure I was very...discreet with what was in the episode, didn't mention anything specific.

Not like you told me he killed Crazy 8 before I watched the episode :whistling

janostn
02-27-2010, 07:19 AM
please dont use name of Jesus

clocker
02-27-2010, 03:20 PM
For crissake, why not?

superjojo
03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Great show!

Albo Da Kid
03-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Megabyteme, 2 more days until the airing of Breaking Bad buddy. I know you've been patiently waiting haha. Same with me, I just hope they get rid of Skyler in this season once and for all cause I can't stand the bitch. Other than that I'm looking forward to this season.

thisguy
03-19-2010, 07:07 AM
season 3 starts sunday i cannot wait im so excited i love this show

BullRock
03-20-2010, 03:21 PM
season 3 starts sunday i cannot wait im so excited i love this show

ya man i am also waiting for it:)

superjojo
03-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Hardly waiting

clocker
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Hardly waiting
Which goes well with "hardly coherent".

Albo Da Kid
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
What did you guys think of the first episode?

superjojo
03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't want to write any spoilers but I didn't see it coming.
Who watched the show knows what I am talking about.
Pretty good episode.

Skiz
03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Pretty good episode.

If people don't want spoilers, they shouldn't read a thread about the show.

What were you talking about?

superjojo
03-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Pretty good episode.

If people don't want spoilers, they shouldn't read a thread about the show.

What were you talking about?

I was very surprised that Skyler figured out that
Walt is involved with drugs. How I saw the last episode it was like a big turnaround.
In the first two seasons, he was cooking because he wanted to guarantee his family a
nice future but now his past hunted him into his family life.

Solariz
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Excellent writings in the first episode
Looks to be a great season!

Anyone knows how many episodes are planned for this season?

Skiz
03-28-2010, 10:12 PM

13. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/episodes#season-3)

superjojo
03-28-2010, 10:16 PM

Epguides listed 6 episodes for now.

http://epguides.com/BreakingBad/

thisguy
03-29-2010, 03:22 AM
just watched s3 e2 what i wanna know if why the mexicans were texted "chicken" and then left

Sanka113
03-29-2010, 04:11 AM
This is one of the show's I think I'm gonna have to start watching live. The scene is freaking slow at releasing it in HD. I guess they're not big enough fans of the show.

Skiz
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
just watched s3 e2 what i wanna know if why the mexicans were texted "chicken" and then left

They do this every season; how have you not figured this out yet.

At the beginning of nearly every episode, you get a small glimpse of what is going to happen in the final episode of the season. Do you not remember last year when they kept showing the pink, burned stuffed animal in the pool, etc at the start of every episode?

neorejb
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
i'm on s2 now, it kicks ass xd

clocker
03-31-2010, 02:30 AM

At the beginning of nearly every episode, you get a small glimpse of what is going to happen in the final episode of the season. Do you not remember last year when they kept showing the pink, burned stuffed animal in the pool, etc at the start of every episode?
They do telegraph events that won't happen till much later in the season but I don't think this was such a case.
Wasn't the text a clear instruction from the boss (the chicken restaurant manager who is obviously more than he seems to be) to leave Walt alone?

megabyteme
03-31-2010, 02:46 AM
:yep:

<===

Anyone else in awe of the cinematography from the time the "Cousins" entered the house to the time they got the text? I thought it was incredible!

thisguy
03-31-2010, 03:14 AM

They do telegraph events that won't happen till much later in the season but I don't think this was such a case.
Wasn't the text a clear instruction from the boss (the chicken restaurant manager who is obviously more than he seems to be) to leave Walt alone?

wow nice catch man now i get it haha thanks

superjojo
04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Have someone wathed the last episode?
It was really great how the things are turning.
Walter showed some temper:)

THEBAR
04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
With Walt going a bit ballistic and the 50-50 cut of Gus's deal with Jesse be enough to get Walt back in the game?

superjojo
04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
I don't know if he'll get into it again. We'll see.
New episodes will be very interesting
as Hank is coming closer now than ever.

clocker
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Hank is about ready to implode and will probably be sidelined for insubordination before he gets Heisenberg...although he'll get close.

Jessie's scene in the gas station was fantastic...he didn't even blink when the trooper came in and has fully embraced his inner hardass.

I think this seasons real wildcard character is going to be Skyler.
She was pretty passive last year but grew a giant pair over the hiatus and may just turn out to be the biggest criminal of them all.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if she pulls a real Clarise (read the books, ignore the movies) and breaks badder than anyone.

doldrum
05-05-2010, 06:53 AM
great fucking show. i actually think its better than weeds. weeds got very boring this last season. id put this one up with dexter

its an adult comedy show??? I am confused.

Skiz
05-05-2010, 07:11 AM

its an adult comedy show??? I am confused.

Yes, yes you are.

megabyteme
05-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Hank's character really came back in the latest show. Honestly, I thought he was being written off (killed) and would become a bigger axe for Skyler to grind.

I'm also glad the "cousins" were not used as slapstick props. Great characters who deserved being written with respect. They were.

clocker
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm conflicted about the cousins.

Mostly, I don't care for the elemental, "force of nature" bad guy(s) trope.
It worked perfectly as Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men but seems almost like an easy ploy in a serial TV format.

The cousins didn't seem rooted in the same reality as everyone else in the show...they simply showed up when the plot needed them and then disappeared into the ether.
They seemed an almost supernatural aspect in a show that has painstakingly shown the very real forces shaping the other characters.

I also thought the axe was an affectation employed simply for shock effect and was totally out of character (even given the cousin's flimsy character development).
A pro hit man is going to forego an easy head/kill shot to walk around a public shooting scene and retrieve an axe?

Come on.

megabyteme
05-05-2010, 01:40 PM
For me, the cousins were a reminder that there is a much nastier, professional alternative to the small-town, let's-make-it-into-the-business-through-trial-and-error way of doing things. They were dark and ruthless- it was their way of life from early age. Walt may want to be Heizenberg, at times, but he is torn by outside forces that keep him grounded in the real world. The cousins were not torn by anything- everything they knew had only one reality.

This also mirrors Hank's reluctance to go to "the big time".

As for No Country... that character got old for me after about 30 minutes. I won't even begin to defend that one.

ted
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I didn't like the cousins at all. I felt like their presence during season 3 really slowed the show down. Actually, the first several episodes of this season felt really stale compared to the earlier seasons. There was a lot of bickering mixed with overly dramatic portrayals of the cousins in their quest for revenge, but very little progress in the main storyline.

The pace seems to have returned with the latest episode, and luckily the cousins storyline finished before taking up the entire season. That being said, I still think the show is very enjoyable. I guess it's to be expected that there will be some parts that aren't as great as others, especially when the first two seasons were so good.

hoodevil
05-05-2010, 10:59 PM
fantastic episode S03E07, I hope for more.

mpryme
05-08-2010, 06:50 PM
how do you think the show will end. e.g. with the cancer returning and walter dying?

damanryechea
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
what station is it on?

Skiz
05-08-2010, 07:11 PM
what station is it on?

http://tinyurl.com/r2562u

clocker
05-10-2010, 01:18 PM
So, Walt finally gets a close look at the reality of the world he now inhabits.

As scary as the twins were, ultimately it's become obvious that compared to Gus ("Chicken Man"), they were only a minor threat.
The twins were completely focused on revenge and didn't appear to be very good multitaskers.
Gus on the other hand, knows everything and is clearly focused on a much larger and more intricate scheme, a scheme that Walt is only now beginning to glimpse.

I think Walt has always viewed himself as the smartest guy in the room (which, being a teacher, he usually was) and the realization that Gus is not only smarter and more devious than he but more critically, is infinitely more ruthless, is going to bring out a Heisenberg v2.0...a much more extreme bad guy than we've seen so far.

Walt has been deluding himself by thinking that he had the luxury of whether to be a bad guy or not.
He thought he could choose to walk away and reform but it's clear that he's not the player he thought he was, that Gus has been ahead of him from the beginning.

Besides the set piece scene of the twin in the hospital room, last night's episode seemed pretty calm but the building pressure was palpable and will explode soon, I think.

ikarus
06-08-2010, 12:29 PM
i really like this show and caracter development is great but "fly" episode was so boring that i almost gave up on it

megabyteme
06-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Very good assessment (from a full month ago, nonetheless!) of what unfolded, clocker!

Just finished watched the season finale (got a very good chuckle out of Walt's reoccurring broken windshield) and liked how the characters have "grown" into their now full-on criminals.

There is also a subtle, yet glaring differe4nce between the last two season finales- last time, Walt had indirectly caused the deaths of the passengers of two planes; this season is one-on-one, direct murder of an "innocent" party. Walt unflinchingly took out two very dirty individuals last week, too...and he did it as Walt, not Heisenberg.

I really love this show!

superjojo
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
From season 1 to the end of season 3 it can be easily seen
the Walt's transformation from an ordinary high school
chemistry teacher to a true mobster. Ok, the transformation is
not yet complete as he kills only to keep himself alive.
He started cooking to provide for his family but through
the show he transformed himself slowly but efficiently.
Maybe in the 4th season he will take over the whole bussiness.

clocker
06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Walt's transformation from an ordinary high school
chemistry teacher to a true mobster. Ok, the transformation is
not yet complete as he kills only to keep himself alive.

Not really true.
Walt mowed down the two street bangers to keep Jesse alive, he himself was in no danger from them.

Walt has also decided that he can be "the bad guy", his machinations against Gus- and his declaration that in a showdown "it's going to be him"- show that he's fully embraced his gangster status.

I love this show.
Vince Gilligan is so generous with all the actors, over the course of the season almost everyone got a featured scene (except for the son, who is pretty much just "there" most of the time) and their rich character development adds to the investment and complexity of the show as a whole.

Breaking Bad is my only "must watch" series.

superjojo
06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes I forgot to mention that.

When I watched the first season I wasn't impressed
as much as with the first season of Dexter.
But as the show progressed I more and more liked it.
Now it is also my "must watch" series.

I wonder what will happen to the Skylar in the next season.
Cuz she is getting more and more involved in Walt's criminal activity.

clocker
06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Skylar has already "broken" so it's just a question of how "bad" she'll be.

I can see her taking out Gus- he'd never see her coming.

superjojo
06-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Brilliant. Never thought of it.

MagicNakor
06-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I've heard from many people that this is a Show To Watch. Starting from the first season, how many episodes does it take to get rolling? I've only seen the first two (and part of the third), and while it's an alright programme it doesn't seem that engaging.

:shuriken:

superjojo
06-19-2010, 07:27 AM
I have to say that the first season was very good but
the second really got me. Just stick on it and you
won't regret. The third one was a blast (imo).
You can sense all the intense and see the progression
of almost all main characters. Really brilliant show.

Champo101
06-29-2010, 02:54 AM
I f*cking love Breaking Bad. It's my new Scooby Doo. lol
I'm almost done the second season about now.

CryBaby
06-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I really dislike Skylar in 3rd season. Just half way through and she annoys me. Especially her "wants to get divorced" thing.
OK, now that's over and she seems to let things loose.

darkstate01
06-30-2010, 02:35 AM
She's (skylar) is getting slow raped by walts money making venture.
Her mouth is saying no to the money, but all is fine when her irritating sister needs the cash via the lucky to be alive dea agent hank
Skylar sucks ass big time with her whiny i'm above everyone attitude, then jumps into bed with her fag boss, from experience there is no pleasing that kinda tart.
I'm totally amazed that pinkman has lived this long in the show with his brainless schemes, he tries and fails with those other monkey's he knocks around with ,badger and mmm that other gimp.
Great show besides my above slagging off of some of the characters .

vigour
06-30-2010, 11:47 PM
season 3 is very good :)

darkstate01
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Breaking bad may be done, the company who owns the channel broadcasting it is shutting up shop...Maybe
http://www.iwantmytvchannels.com/

clocker
07-10-2010, 06:18 PM
You're misinterpreting that...AMC isn't going away but AT&T may drop the channel from it's cable offerings.

chalice
07-10-2010, 09:33 PM
He misinterprets everything.

He's got dubious genes.

megabyteme
07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
AT&T may drop AMC, IFC and WE tv from your channel line-up.

That means no more Mad Men, Bridezillas, Arrested Development, Golden Girls and hundreds of hours of movies, original series and specials.

Wait a minute...whose side are they arguing for? Breaking Bad is the only good thing I have seen on AMC. Ever.

The show has too many watchers. Even if darkstate hadn't misinterpreted, someone (a reputable channel) would pick up the show. It's easy money. Actually, if it were on Showtime/HBO it would have about 5 times the number of viewers.

darkstate01
07-11-2010, 05:08 AM
I didn't misinterpret, I did say maybe, I'm sure i did. dubious genes maybe.

megabyteme
07-11-2010, 05:46 AM
I didn't misinterpret, I did say maybe, I'm sure i did. dubious genes maybe.

You are still missing the point. AMC will still exist, it just won't be available on one cable company's channel lineup.

AMC and Breaking Bad will still exist, you just won't be able to watch them on AT&T cable.

Just download it. It won't even have commercials in it. :01:

darkstate01
07-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah I know all that, Lets hope things don't get to that point and they sort there shit out.
I'm in england and don't suffer from AT&T cable problems.
Just thought i would post some info regarding the show not the company, thats all, the politics don't interest me.

finestthebest
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
It's a great show cutting edge, writing, and acting is to notch. It's very close to reality in that area. It's not like weeds or any other crime show it's dope in a tube? television tube lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asterix
07-20-2010, 02:04 PM
REALLY good show!

justask
07-20-2010, 08:25 PM
awesome show. S03 >> S02 >> S01 OOOOO

sugakid
07-24-2010, 07:54 AM
I love this show. I've just finished seasonn 3 and i WANT season 4 to hurry the fudge up!

pone44
07-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Seasons 1 and 2 were good. Season 3 was boring except for a few episodes and the finale. I thought the show dragged on and became less realistic with Jesse being watched by the government one day then going to work with Walt the next day like nothing happened.

danij3l
07-28-2010, 01:05 AM
great show from a last few episodes.

danij3l
07-28-2010, 01:05 AM
great show from a last few episodes.

MagicNakor
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM
I feel bad for initially doubting this show.

clocker
07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I feel bad for initially doubting this show.

So, you've broken?

MagicNakor
08-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Badly.

Rart
10-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Felt like resurrecting this since this season has simply been the most amazing television I have seen in years.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd say this season rivals, or even surpasses Game of Thrones in my mind.

The season started off slow, but it was all very intentional, and for the last month I haven't finished a single episode without having my jaw drop at just how brilliantly executed and timed this show is. There is simply nothing of this caliber on television right now. Aaron Paul and Bryon Cranston have delivered brilliantly as well, and the final scene from the last episode just proves how much talent Cranston has. And then there is Gus...

This is the TV guide summary for the final episode: "The fourth season ends with Walt and Jesse squaring off against Gus. Elsewhere, Walt acquires a surprise confederate with help from Saul." Any theories on who this helper will be, who will (presumably) help them against Gus?

IdolEyes787
10-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah but is it as good as Seinfeld Louie?

megabyteme
10-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Felt like resurrecting this since this season has simply been the most amazing television I have seen in years.

Considering that you are somewhere in the ballpark of 14, what you are saying is that Breaking Bad compares to shows from your "early years". Would you say Cranston is in the same league with greats such as Elmo, Spongebob, and Dora the Explorer? :O

bRIO
10-02-2011, 04:13 AM
True stuff.....as good as any other show has ever been, this one beats them all by miles for its all round top notch execution. The direction, cinematography (I am assuming this is the department that deals with camera angles and such), writing...all of them are are stellar and to bring it across the screen, you have the most dependable set of actors in Cranston, Aaron Paul and the rest.

And as Rart mentioned earlier, this has to be the best season thus far....started off slow & intense but it always bore that impeding sense of doom; finally coming to a head in this week's episode. The final five minutes literally had me shivering (it must be among the best moments in whole of TV history). Aaron Paul has been awesome as hell as this season but Bryan Cranston in those final five minutes surpassed one and all.

mjmacky
10-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah but is it as good as Seinfeld Louie?

As much as I love this show, and I really do, I would drop it before I dropped Louie.

clocker
10-02-2011, 11:37 AM
This seasons character arcs have been amazing and it's impossible to tell how it's all going to work out.

As Walt convinces himself he's a total badass, he's actually made worse and worse decisions.
Meanwhile, Jessie, Skyler and Hank have all grown sharper and more capable and the vastness of Gus's control continues to be revealed.

Basically, Walt has morphed from the hero to the everyone's biggest liability...so who's going to take him down?

I used to think Skyler was going to take out Gus, now it seems possible she'll take out Walt and partner up with Gus.
Jesse can cook the blue and has been battle hardened in Mexico...he really doesn't need Mr. White any more.
Hank got interested again (thanks to a drunken Walt), climbed out of bed and is only a whisker away from exposing the whole ring.

All of the options are so tantalizing.....

mjmacky
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm curious clocker, how are you making the Skyler-Gus link?

clocker
10-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Skyler is my "dark horse" character, she's proven to be much more resilient and clever than first seemed possible.
As Walt slipped to the dark side he turned to violence; as Walt dragged Skyler into his world, she became more devious and manipulative...essentially, she becomes a female Gus.
Certainly Gus- and increasingly, Skyler- realize that they're involved in a business, a business that demands a low profile and immense self control whereas Walt is now almost completely ego-driven and impulsive.

I've always assumed that Gus was going to make it through the end, the question is, who would survive along with him?
Skyler is the only one playing like Gus and it seems possible that he'll recognize that.

KFlint
10-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Please someone do me a favor and kill Walt.

Otherwise the show is indeed better than ever, the episode in Mexico with the cartel and the last one were epic.

bRIO
10-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Skyler is my "dark horse" character, she's proven to be much more resilient and clever than first seemed possible.
As Walt slipped to the dark side he turned to violence; as Walt dragged Skyler into his world, she became more devious and manipulative...essentially, she becomes a female Gus.
Certainly Gus- and increasingly, Skyler- realize that they're involved in a business, a business that demands a low profile and immense self control whereas Walt is now almost completely ego-driven and impulsive.

I've always assumed that Gus was going to make it through the end, the question is, who would survive along with him?
Skyler is the only one playing like Gus and it seems possible that he'll recognize that.

Skyler is resilient, yes and clever perhaps but she is just as egoistic as Walt (remember her earlier confrontation with Bogdan) and almost as bad at handling crisis situation (the whole Ted situation could have been handled much better). Essentially, she is closer to a female Walt than Gus. Also, you seem to be forgetting that Walt and Skyler have two children together who Gus threatened to kill.

Gus even though in a class of his own became much more aggressive than his usual self in the last episode. Walt totally cornered now, has no other option but to fight back. There will be a showdown between Walt and Gus this week or the next.....no way Walt will die in that (you cannot seriously expect that they will kill off the main protagonist with one whole season left), so that leaves Gus or may be Jesse?!

clocker
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Don't forget Hank, he's a danger to everyone.

maddog47
10-03-2011, 05:14 AM
hello!!

than x dude this is awsome!!

wazza100
10-08-2011, 01:44 PM
cant wait for this week's eppie. should be awesome

xclued
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Not long now... Whooop!

zizo22
10-09-2011, 11:20 PM
really good show.
and if you notes it you will find imdb put every episode his trail in front page

clocker
10-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Walt grows flowers and Gus was a Terminator...who knew?

tesco
10-11-2011, 12:40 AM
I think Gus is still alive. The radio report didn't exactly confirm his death "as many as 3 people may have been killed." Story for next season, Gus in the hospital in some sort of coma and walt and jesse don't know what to make of it. Meanwhile, hank and the dea are investigating and still trying to find Hindenberg.

krackt
10-11-2011, 01:27 AM
could be so... but he'll have the mother of all headaches

tesco
10-11-2011, 02:15 AM
So he lost an eye big deal, he'll live.

fireatjason
10-11-2011, 02:33 AM
I frickin' love this show!!

mjmacky
10-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Fantastic, I haven't seen the episode, but I know exactly what to expect now... 'preciate the spoils

chalice
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Meanwhile, hank and the dea are investigating and still trying to find Hindenberg.

I reckon they'd be barking up the wrong blimp there, mate.

Macky, tragic. I'd laugh like fuck, but I genuinely sympathise with you. Even if it is your own fault. That was one episode you didn't need spoiled.

wazza100
10-11-2011, 10:42 AM
So he lost an eye big deal, he'll live.

hahaha

Funkin'
10-12-2011, 04:48 AM
I would laugh also, but I've had shit spoiled for me way too many times. And that post reminded me once again why I stay away from threads like these until I'm done watching everything. You're still in for a great episode though macky.

wazza100
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I would laugh also, but I've had shit spoiled for me way too many times. And that post reminded me once again why I stay away from threads like these until I'm done watching everything. You're still in for a great episode though macky.

its definitely a rookie move going on a thread about breaking bad after the season finale if you haven't watch it yet haha. but yeah id be shitty if i hadn't and went on without thinking and saw that photo of gus.

awesome ep though can't wait till next season- hank for don

Glod
10-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I would highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys thrillers. The tension between certain characters is extreme, and those characters are both well-developed and well-acted.

I wasn't expecting such a graphic end to Gus, but it was satisfying to witness after the hellish paranoia that he forced Walter to suffer through; knowing his family was at risk from the coldly calculating monster and that he might receive a gun to the back of the head at any point. The old Cartel bastard was visibly overjoyed for once.

megabyteme
10-15-2011, 04:35 PM
My speculation for next season:

Gus is dead. I don't question that.

What I do see for the next (final?) season is Jessee having to put down the monster that Walt has become. All along, the two have faced greater, and greater foes- each one willing to do more harm to more innocent people. Walt has followed this path himself. He has been able to justify the killing of innocents to protect himself, and his family. This is no different than the other monsters. There is also the HUGE looming shadow of all the wrongs done at a cost to Jessee. I think he will learn the details, and ultimately kill Walt.

Your predictions? Please use spoiler tags- who knows, one of us could be right...

chalice
10-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Why should we have to put speculation in spoiler tags?

Monkey.

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 05:58 PM
OK, feel free to spoil away now guys, I have seen the episode.
/egomaniac

I had decided to stay out of the thread until I could watch the finale due to my last faux pas, maybe I should explain why I was in here to begin with. I wanted to see people's impressions of how the season ended. Juggling shows and coordinating schedules, it gets tricky to get around to an episode sometimes and I was curious if it was going to be a disappointment that could be put off til later. As much as I loved the finale, and the line, "I won", I'm actually kind of glad it's over now. However, I wouldn't weep if they decided to end the series right here.

-mjmongkey

megabyteme
10-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Monkey.

Ever watch a movie with someone who figures out, then blurts the ending 20 minutes in? It is bad enough trailers ruin movies within 30 seconds...

Yeti.

chalice
10-15-2011, 08:34 PM

Monkey.

Ever watch a movie with someone who figures out, then blurts the ending 20 minutes in? It is bad enough trailers ruin movies within 30 seconds...

Yeti.

No. I haven't got any friends. If I did, I wouldn't be watching movies with them. If I did, and they started talking during the movie, I'd punch them in the fucking throat.

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 08:52 PM

Yeti.

No. I haven't got any friends. If I did, I wouldn't be watching movies with them. If I did, and they started talking during the movie, I'd punch them in the fucking throat.

I don't see where he said they had to be a friend. I think "someone" covered all the bases. For instance, what about the time the dude sitting kiddy corner to you in the adult theater yelled, "here comes the money shot!", did you punch him in the face?

chalice
10-15-2011, 09:02 PM

I don't see where he said they had to be a friend. I think "someone" covered all the bases. For instance, what about the time the dude sitting kiddy corner to you in the adult theater yelled, "here comes the money shot!", did you punch him in the face?

I don't go to cinemas.

If I did, I'd wait until that fucker went to the toilet and then I'd punch his wife in the face. Twice.

If he had no wife, I'd intoduce him to some bint wot I don't like, let them get acquainted, perhaps fall in love, invite them to dinner, put on a movie, wait...listen to wotever he's got to say, wait...let him go for a piss, and then punch that bitch twice firmly in the chops.

That'll teach him.

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
If he had no wife, I'd intoduce him to some bint wot I don't like, let them get acquainted, perhaps fall in love, invite them to dinner, put on a movie, wait...listen to wotever he's got to say, wait...let him go for a piss, and then punch that bitch twice firmly in the chops.

That'll teach him.

And I'm sure you'd feel some satisfaction. But the plan falls apart since they'd obviously reject the invitation to dinner.

P.S. I don't call them cinemas either

chalice
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
I take it Christmas dinner is out of the question then.

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I take it Christmas dinner is out of the question then.

Not a fucking chance, your toilet's a mess

chalice
10-15-2011, 09:27 PM
I was talking about coming to your house, like.

mjmacky
10-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I don't celebrate christmas

chalice
10-15-2011, 09:34 PM
You don't celebrate full stops either. I believe it's called 'having your periods' in your neck of the woods.

Why is that? You seem perfectly capable of syntax otherwise.

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 12:16 AM
You don't celebrate full stops either. I believe it's called 'having your periods' in your neck of the woods.

Why is that? You seem perfectly capable of syntax otherwise.

My habit of forum posting; punctuation among the middle and usually left out at the end. Of course, the habits change depending on the color of my mood ring (which is oft dark yellow a few days a month).

Disclaimer: I do not own a mood ring

megabyteme
10-16-2011, 01:10 AM
the habits change depending on the color of my mood ring (which is oft dark yellow a few days a month).

Disclaimer: I do not own a mood ring

Thought I recognized you... :O

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Blame it on Jessica Alba. I'd cut my own dick off to watch her lick my taint.

megabyteme
10-16-2011, 01:42 AM
If I was more adept with Adobe After Effects, I'd grant your wish*...(with a suitable body double stand-in for your taint, of course).

*It's been a long, hard day of moving full-sized wood working equipment from my basement to the garage (upper-level).

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 11:53 AM
garage (upper-level)

I'd sure like to see how you get your car into your upper-level garage

megabyteme
10-16-2011, 01:53 PM

Burnsy
10-16-2011, 02:27 PM
:lol:

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM

You did not disappoint, have you killed your car horn yet?

Funkin'
10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone else notice that Hector, the elderly man bound to the wheelchair, also played Antonio Nappa on Oz? So what is he, Mexican or Italian?

And MBM I think that's a pretty plausible theory. The series started with Jesse being on the bottom of the drug food chain, I think it should end with him being on the top. After all he does know how to cook Walts formula now. But then again I think he has a lot of respect and love for Walt. There were plenty of times he could of killed him himself or sat by and watched him get killed.

This next season cannot start fast enough for me.

Artemis
10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Anyone else notice that Hector, the elderly man bound to the wheelchair, also played Antonio Nappa on Oz? So what is he, Mexican or Italian?

There is a New Zealand actor, Cliff Curtis who is a Maori who ends up playing all sorts of swarthy roles, mainly South American but anything else with a bronzed skin and he has probably played the part. He was 'Smiley' in Training Day, 'Pablo Escobar' in Blow and 'Amir Abdullah' in Three Kings. So far he has been just about every Latin American type there is plus an Italian and anything middle eastern as well.

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 09:06 PM
There is a New Zealand actor ... who is a Maori

There was this beautiful actress in a NZ show named Miriama McDowell. I was mesmerized trying to guess her ethnicity, and I think I eventually found out she was Maori. I however cannot complete the investigation again in a short amount of time so I'll just assume I recorrected collectly.

Artemis
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
There is a New Zealand actor ... who is a Maori

There was this beautiful actress in a NZ show named Miriama McDowell. I was mesmerized trying to guess her ethnicity, and I think I eventually found out she was Maori. I however cannot complete the investigation again in a short amount of time so I'll just assume I recorrected collectly.

You assumed correctly (Miriama is a Maori name), so I'm guessing the TV show was either This Is Not My Life or Outrageous Fortune?
There are no 100% ethnic Maori any more the intermingling of races for the last 160 years has seen to that so we have blond haired Maori now which can be very confusing, the cut off point for Maori ethnicity seems to be very elastic.

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
This Is Not My Life

That's the one, loved that show. At the insistence of one of my friends I ended up watching The Prisoner afterwards, and completely hated it. I tried a couple of episodes of Outrageous Fortune, but it just didn't hook me, granted it wasn't the first episodes or anything.

chalice
10-16-2011, 11:31 PM
This Is Not My Life

That's the one, loved that show. At the insistence of one of my friends I ended up watching The Prisoner afterwards, and completely hated it.

I'm beginning to re-hate you.

mjmacky
10-16-2011, 11:58 PM

Like you ever stopped. Those were called pauses, or as it's called in your neck of the woods, pauses.

chalice
10-17-2011, 01:13 AM

Like you ever stopped. Those were called pauses, or as it's called in your neck of the woods, pauses.

Save yourself.

Tell me it was the bastard wank remake/re-imagining of The Prisoner and not the genius original.

megabyteme
10-17-2011, 01:36 AM
You did not disappoint, have you killed your car horn yet?

I must have a bit of redneck in my gene pool somewhere, because as I was looking for a suitable pic I was somewhat gleefully humming the horn sounds. :blushing:

@Funkin': We've seen flashes of conflict between them, but Jessee is still in the dark on the greatest betrayals which has taken his true love, and has now nearly killed his cared-for kid. I don't see how the story can just leave him perpetually blind. We also know Jessee is capable of point-blank killing of a "problem dog". Jessee has continued to develop, and has begun to look at deeper meaning to his life. I think he'll have to eventually take it upon himself to stop Heisenburg (Walt's now repressed, but ever-present alter ego- who is responsible for Jessee's immense pain.

Definitely looking forward to the next season- more than ANY other show.

mjmacky
10-17-2011, 01:53 AM

Save yourself.

Tell me it was the bastard wank remake/re-imagining of The Prisoner and not the genius original.

None of us have souls to save. Here's the biggest problem I had with the actual original, long hazy memory distortions and dream interludes. It's something that is so overly cliched and unappealing, that I ended up fast forwarding through most of it. I've been able to appreciate a Caviezel role now and again, but I found this particular performance irritating to watch. Ian McKellen, on the other hand, was a pleasure. The truth is I stopped watching probably 20 minutes into the 5th part and didn't even finish it (even though I already had a copy of part 6). It just felt like I was punishing myself for some reason, and I had to escape the abuse.

If you notice, I used the term "actual" in referring to the original, since my chronological exposure to the story started with This Is Not My Life. I can't be certain if this affected my perception of Prisoner, but I have a feeling I would have stopped even earlier if I had never watched the NZ version. Pray tell, what was the appeal of the original?

I must have a bit of redneck in my gene pool somewhere, because as I was looking for a suitable pic I was somewhat gleefully humming the horn sounds. :blushing:

By "kill" I meant played it so much you broke it through overuse, rather than maliciously destroying it. However, in consideration of your explanation, it appears I'm to insult you either way. I'm not very good at Jewish Checkers but I think that's a check mate.

Also, if Jesse cooks again, it's gotta be called Captain Crunch, now with Blue Crunch Berries

Funkin'
10-17-2011, 02:30 AM
There is a New Zealand actor, Cliff Curtis who is a Maori who ends up playing all sorts of swarthy roles, mainly South American but anything else with a bronzed skin and he has probably played the part. He was 'Smiley' in Training Day, 'Pablo Escobar' in Blow and 'Amir Abdullah' in Three Kings. So far he has been just about every Latin American type there is plus an Italian and anything middle eastern as well.

Yeah there are definitely actors that can get away with playing multiple ethnicities. It's been a while since I've seen Training Day but I remember Pablo from Blow. Never saw Three Kings though. I try to stay away from anything that Ice Cube plays in or directs.

Mark Margolis is Hector/Nappa. Can't find out his ethnicity, but Margolis definitely isn't an Italian name. Sounds more Latin I guess.

Artemis
10-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Cliff Curtis was 'Searle' the psycho psychologist in Sunshine as well if that helps ?

yurferner
10-22-2011, 07:29 AM
When the last episode end, I thought the series were end. I was really afraid, funny huh :D

clocker
10-22-2011, 02:00 PM
No, not really.

EvilOne81
11-24-2011, 09:47 PM
in my opinion they have become tedious, same same constant

Busyman
01-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I started this show late and have been watching it entirely on my phone and Blackberry Playbook.

I just finished all 4 seasons about a month ago and it's easily one of the best shows I've ever seen (The Wire is #1).

Another show I'm late to is Sons Of Anarchy.

Disme
01-10-2012, 07:13 AM
I have to admit the last season was more of teh same ... but towards the end they got it back on the rails and the last couple episodes lifted the whole season back where it belongs ... the top that is!

OlegL
01-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Okay, I watched all the 4 seasons of Breaking Bad and don't know what characters I like in that show and what characters I dislike. I initially disliked those 2 killers who wanted to get revenge for Tuco Salamanca's murder, but after watching the flashback with Hector telling them, "Family is everything", I thought that they weren't entirely dislikeable and that I could sympathize with their point of view. Gus is also likeable, yet dislikeable; the same thing could be said about Jesse who sometimes makes strange decisions and about Walt who is sometimes ruthless and sometimes wants to protect the innocent.
Hopefully, nobody who's unfamiliar with the show reads this thread 'cause I (and probably others) mentioned some mild spoilers.

OlegL
07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Don't forget that season 5 of Breaking Bad premieres tomorrow!!

mjmacky
07-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Hopefully, nobody who's unfamiliar with the show reads this thread 'cause I (and probably others) mentioned some mild spoilers.

Spoilers for autistics maybe, but none of that needs to be tagged for normal people.

HDshares
07-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Fantastic!!

thebazzla
07-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Fantastic!!is it.
i can honestly say i have never seen it or know what it is and unless i Google it i will never know the answer..

clocker
07-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Fantastic!!is it.
i can honestly say i have never seen it or know what it is and unless i Google it i will never know the answer..
Which makes you kind of an ultracrepidarian.

thebazzla
07-15-2012, 12:48 PM
well i cant argue with that mr clocker but i am still not going to Google it and see what makes the show so fantastic to watch.

clocker
07-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't understand the compulsion to enter a thread just to advertise your ignorance of the topic.
If you've never seen the show, have no intention of ever doing so and won't even look it up...then what the fuck are you doing?

mjmacky
07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
My guess is, smoking meth.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
I've never watched Louie or Breaking Bad so I'm just going to assume that they must be quite similar.

mjmacky
07-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I've never watched Louie or Breaking Bad so I'm just going to assume that they must be quite similar.

If Walt starts riding a motorcycle, then exactly the same.

clocker
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
They both feature bipedal life forms, so you would be correct.

Busyman
07-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Say it ain't so!:O

Well, the great thing is that you'll be able to watch 4 seasons str8 thru of Breaking Bad and 2 of Louie.

What makes you say they are quite similar?

I don't understand the compulsion to enter a thread just to advertise your ignorance of the topic.
If you've never seen the show, have no intention of ever doing so and won't even look it up...then what the fuck are you doing?

On-point post above^

mjmacky
07-15-2012, 02:04 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't quite get Idol.

clocker
07-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Canadians are not arboreal, searching for Idol on limbs is a waste of time.

Busyman
07-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Sometimes I deliberately don't play along cuz I don't think it's funny.

It's like a constant rodding. Everything is in an effort to be funny but not doing a good job at it. Others make a constant effort to show they are intelligent but then show a consistent lack of common sense.

So yeah, I get it.

Canadians are not arboreal, searching for Idol on limbs is a waste of time.

:ermm:

mjmacky
07-15-2012, 03:06 PM

It's like a constant rodding. Everything is in an effort to be funny but not doing a good job at it. Others make a constant effort to show they are intelligent but then show a consistent lack of common sense.

So yeah, I get it.

When I'm out of the loop on an in-joke, I don't throw such a fit, and I'm out of the loop on a lot of them. This very post is an in-joke, are you going to tell me that you already know it and that you refuse to play along?

IdolEyes787
07-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm hard line for letting a person have their say but nevertheless I'm toying with putting Busy on ignore as I've never meant anyone so determined to be wrong about everything.

Busyman
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM

So yeah, I get it.

When I'm out of the loop on an in-joke, I don't throw such a fit, and I'm out of the loop on a lot of them. This very post is an in-joke, are you going to tell me that you already know it and that you refuse to play along?

Yezzir. It was CaptainObvious the shows are nowhere near alike but I wanted to see what Idol would come up with. Idol either watches to much TV to not know, keeps up with it enough to know, and googles everything and so would find out.

I'm hard line for letting a person have their say but nevertheless I'm toying with putting Busy on ignore as I've never meant anyone so determined to be wrong about everything.

Mmk.

IdolEyes787
07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Yezzir. It was CaptainObvious the shows are nowhere near alike but I wanted to see what Idol would come up with. Idol either watches to much TV to not know, keeps up with it enough to know, and googles everything and so would find out.

Mmk.

Like I said , determined to be wrong about everything.

manker
07-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Am I the only to fill up a lil at the sight of Mary getting an in-joke :cry:

mjmacky
07-16-2012, 01:35 AM

I've orchestrated all in-jokes since my arrival, so grab a fresh tissue and wipe the salt out of your eyes.

mjmacky
07-16-2012, 01:42 AM

Only on account for the fit you are throwing am I going to explain this, but it's lived long enough. Actually I'll just link it and you do the work.

http://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3608772

clocker
07-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Wait, am I to understand there is subtext to this forum?

mjmacky
07-16-2012, 02:36 AM
Wait, am I to understand there is subtext to this forum?

I don't know about the forum's inherent nature, but I always come packed with layers of styrofoam peanuts.

clocker
07-16-2012, 02:51 AM
That seems prudent.

"Magnets, bitches!"

manker
07-16-2012, 10:35 AM

I've orchestrated all in-jokes since my arrival.If you mean like Kuwait orchestrated their invasion by having a fuckload of oil or in the way Rodney King orchestrated getting the shit kicked out of him for being black, then yes.
Yes you have indeed orchestrated all of the in-jokes since your arrival.

Busyman
07-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I've orchestrated all in-jokes since my arrival.If you mean like Kuwait orchestrated their invasion by having a fuckload of oil or in the way Rodney King orchestrated getting the shit kicked out of him for being black, then yes.

:glag:

mjmacky
07-17-2012, 05:59 AM

I liked the Rodney King one much better than the Kuwait one. Either way, the way Mr. King "rodded" those cops into good ol' fashioned police brutality was standard at best, not quite up to my level of complexity.

suhailinter
08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
itx the good show:)

megabyteme
08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Season 5 is holding its own in terms of quality writing. I can't say the same about many other shows, who seem to have lost their sense of what made them good to begin with. Breaking Bad, to me, is as solid as season 1- with characters who have now grown and faced many gauntlets along the way. Interestingly enough, Walt is still stuck with a driving force for self-destruction/power/recognition (the last one he can only have at the cost of everything).

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but this is the final season and will take a break in mid-season ( :fist: ).

EDIT-Question: Do you think Mike is pressing too hard trying to take care of the guys from his old crew? Seems to me that Mike should be paying for his responsibilities out of his own pocket...

dolphinsdurban
06-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Comedy means at any point we are getting sad then if any body make a joke and we can laugh on that joke its a comedy

IdolEyes787
06-26-2013, 11:22 AM
So without sorrow there can be no comedy.
You're incredibly deep for a spastic.

wazza100
06-29-2013, 01:53 AM
5 more weeks to go, can't wait

Vestibule
06-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Grrr... too far away... thankfully Dexter will tide me over til then....
oops... wrong thread:unsure:

IdolEyes787
06-29-2013, 12:16 PM
5 more weeks to go, can't wait

If you "can't wait" and yet you must, what happens,does your head explode or something?

I suggest instead of Dexter you spend your time watching Big Brother instead because at least it's upfront with the fact that it's a piece of shit.

Anyway how many days/weeks/minutes until the new season of Strikeback? It's also mostly shit but at least there are guns and boobs.

wazza100
06-29-2013, 02:37 PM
If you "can't wait" and yet you must, what happens,does your head explode or something?

I suggest instead of Dexter you spend your time watching Big Brother instead because at least it's upfront with the fact that it's a piece of shit.

Anyway how many days/weeks/minutes until the new season of Strikeback? It's also mostly shit but at least there are guns and boobs.

if only it did, would ensure i wouldn't have to continue waiting for breaking bad :whistling. did a quick catch-up on last few eps such a joke they split the last season as it meant that the show lost a bit of momentum.

Vestibule
06-29-2013, 04:09 PM

...Currently in season 2 of Sons of Anarchy... lots of guns there.... Sorry no boobs... unless... you're a milf with scars kinda chap...:lookaroun

megabyteme
07-25-2013, 08:36 PM
August 11. :w00t:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57595500/breaking-bad-stars-toast-final-episodes-at-premiere-party/

Rart
08-08-2013, 02:22 AM
S5 Pt1 is on netflix now as well (if you don't want to DL it).

If you haven't started watching Breaking Bad. Do it. Now. Marathon it and dont sleep. It'll be worth it.

MY BODY IS READY.

piercerseth
08-08-2013, 03:08 AM
S5 Pt1 is on netflix now as well (if you don't want to DL it).

If you haven't started watching Breaking Bad. Do it. Now. Marathon it and dont sleep. It'll be worth it.

MY BODY IS READY.

If the headers behave I'll have it spotted 60 seconds after it pres. Or SOL will beat me to it. So hyped.

Vestibule
08-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Cheers in advance P!

...four more sleeps!:fst:

piercerseth
08-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Cheers in advance P!

...four more sleeps!:fst: That's because my spots are powered by Blue Sky, not that Chili P shit.:fear:

IdolEyes787
08-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad or for that matter The Sopranos so basically according to critics I inhabit some vast cultural wasteland.
Anyway hopefully the next "best show of the last ten years" will feature actual good guys instead of murderous thugs and so I will feel more inclined to watch it.

Some cute puppies in lead roles wouldn't hurt either.

PS I been on this site long enough to know not to value any of your opinions so no good trying to talk me into watching it either.

Unless maybe manker or chalice says it's good and then I'm still doubting chalice.:)

megabyteme
08-11-2013, 02:08 AM
I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad [...]PS I been on this site long enough to know not to value any of your opinions so no good trying to talk me into watching it either.

I hope you never watch it as I loathe any moment of enjoyment you have in your pathetic, ghey excuse for a life. :dry:

Rart
08-11-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm a giant fucking cunt and tool.

I'm also the kind of hipster that sits at starbucks with my macchiato typing away at my novel on a mactop pro cause I'm too alternative to watch good shows.

Cool.

IdolEyes787
08-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't watch Boardwalk Empire or Sons of Anarchy either.See if you can deduce a pattern here,Columbo.

Rart
08-11-2013, 03:44 PM
You're a pussy?

IdolEyes787
08-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Also don't even know what a macchiato is unless it happened to star in The Karate Kid so basically zero for your life.:)

You're a pussy?

Good comeback for a blithering idiot.:)

menaceyotc
08-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Come on now kids. Grown ups don't need "comebacks." We left that back in high school...
and by the way.. I think most everyone will find "you're a pussy" more entertaining than "Good comeback."

teflon05
08-11-2013, 04:23 PM
That's because you're a pussy...:happy:

IdolEyes787
08-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Come on now kids. Grown ups don't need "comebacks." We left that back in high school...
and by the way.. I think most everyone will find "you're a pussy" more entertaining than "Good comeback."

Nord.

Anyway since your post is filled with the kind of immense contradiction that strain the very fabric of space and time ,I can only assume that you are a dupe account of that blithering idiot ,Runt.:)

Btw I was taking a shot in the dark merely to be a dick and am as surprised as anybody to find out that I was right.

anon
08-12-2013, 02:23 AM
megabyteme and KFlint might not be manker and chalice, but I'm glad I took their advice to watch this two years back. Snatching S05E09 right now, and can't wait to watch it. :happy:

megabyteme
08-12-2013, 06:48 AM
megabyteme and KFlint might not be manker and chalice, but

:sadwalk:

KFlint
08-12-2013, 11:33 AM
megabyteme and KFlint might not be manker and chalice, but I'm glad I took their advice to watch this two years back. Snatching S05E09 right now, and can't wait to watch it. :happy:

Unlike MBM, I didn't cry ;)

That was an excellent "season" debut!

IdolEyes787
08-12-2013, 12:01 PM

I know I've asked this question before but when you can't wait to do something and yet obviously you can and are ,does like the ghost of Aristotle come and hit you over the head or something?

anon
08-12-2013, 01:20 PM
No, but when you take certain expressions literally he shows up and makes you shudder for a moment.

megabyteme
08-12-2013, 06:50 PM

Unlike MBM, I didn't cry ;)

That was an excellent "season" debut!

No, this site just lacks a :reacts like Hank to betrayal: .

IdolEyes787
08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
No, but when you take certain expressions literally he shows up and makes you shudder for a moment.

I'm just glad you didn't threaten that heads were gonna roll.:)

KFlint
08-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Someone just pointed to me the fact that Walter picks an habit from every person he killed. Crazy 8 was cutting his bread crusts, Gus was driving a volvo, Mike was drinking scotch on the rocks etc...

And then, Walt places his bacon at Denny's on his 52th birthday, something Skyler used to do.... So....

Didn't notice any of that before, am I the only one...:huh:

wazza100
08-14-2013, 12:03 PM
good episode loved it

chalice
08-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad or for that matter The Sopranos so basically according to critics I inhabit some vast cultural wasteland.
Anyway hopefully the next "best show of the last ten years" will feature actual good guys instead of murderous thugs and so I will feel more inclined to watch it.

Some cute puppies in lead roles wouldn't hurt either.

PS I been on this site long enough to know not to value any of your opinions so no good trying to talk me into watching it either.

Unless maybe manker or chalice says it's good and then I'm still doubting chalice.:)

You're quite right there, squire. I'd doubt me too, mainly as an exercise in Aristotelian endeavour, you understand, not in any practical sense. Which reminds me of a joke wot my mate made up the other night. Who did Jesus call when he wanted his bathroom tiled? Grouting Thomas.

I will categorically endorse the fuck out of Breaking Bad on every level conceivable by your puny 1940s brain. It's the show that made me shut the fuck up about the wire. True maverick, experimental, meticulous drama. I can forgive your faithlessness for the fiasco that was Lost. I was wrong. You saw it here first. It was a pile of wank. I'm over it now.

The difference here is the original conceit. Lost was a mystery chipping pieces of itself away until nothing is left. Breaking Bad instantly confronts us with an inevitable outcome and its staying power is the cinematic chicanery which keeps us hooked until it's reached. This is to say nothing of ingenious, convoluted, cause and effect, tight tight tight, scripting, fucking hernia-inducing brilliance of the cast, the amazing sound, and overall fucking down to the bone coolness of it all.

I do find it pretty hard to swallow that you haven't seen it, but knowing you like I do (not in the slightest) it would at least appeal to the auteur in you. In fact... Fuck you all over the place if you don't wanna watch it. I hope you die in a chemical spill.

megabyteme
08-14-2013, 08:06 PM
You're quite right there, squire. I'd doubt me too, mainly as an exercise in Aristotelian endeavour, you understand, not in any practical sense. Which reminds me of a joke wot my mate made up the other night. Who did Jesus call when he wanted his bathroom tiled? Grouting Thomas.

I will categorically endorse the fuck out of Breaking Bad on every level conceivable by your puny 1940s brain. It's the show that made me shut the fuck up about the wire. True maverick, experimental, meticulous drama. I can forgive your faithlessness for the fiasco that was Lost. I was wrong. You saw it here first. It was a pile of wank. I'm over it now.

The difference here is the original conceit. Lost was a mystery chipping pieces of itself away until nothing is left. Breaking Bad instantly confronts us with an inevitable outcome and its staying power is the cinematic chicanery which keeps us hooked until it's reached. This is to say nothing of ingenious, convoluted, cause and effect, tight tight tight, scripting, fucking hernia-inducing brilliance of the cast, the amazing sound, and overall fucking down to the bone coolness of it all.

I do find it pretty hard to swallow that you haven't seen it, but knowing you like I do (not in the slightest) it would at least appeal to the auteur in you. In fact... Fuck you all over the place if you don't wanna watch it. I hope you die in a chemical spill.

Forget it, Chalice. There's only 5 words that'll get Idol to watch:

Malcolm's dad in his underpants.

Rart
08-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I like to think of Lost and Breaking Bad as polar opposites. One had absolutely no idea where it was going and the other knew exactly where it's going. That's not to say Breaking Bad is predictable, the journey is really what it's all about and its anything but predictable. While you always have an idea of whats going to happen, you still never really know whats going to happen. The twists, unlike some shows, can catch you off guard, yet at the same time, they're perfectly reasonable and plausible given the course of the show. It doesn't pull shit out of its ass. Its fucking brilliant stuff.

I also found this interesting as well, posted from another site (about this scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvMAKeaEyo)):

When Badger is telling Skinny Pete about the theory that when you use the teletransporter in Star Trek, you are actually dying and having a carbon copy made on the other side, it's more than just babbling. It is actually a long-argued and deeply philosophical question that has relations to philosophers like Derek Parfit and John Locke, and moreover, it's a conversation directly addressing the central point of Breaking Bad as a show:
How much can someone change before he is something else entirely?

I'm not a philosophy major so I apologize if I don't explain all this adequately. I studied and read about this theory back in college and was reminded when the show addressed it. Anyway, let's start with the theory itself.
The theory that Badger is discussing is Derek Parfit's teletransporter theory. It has to do with the following thought experiment:

"Suppose that you enter a cubicle in which, when you press a button, a scanner records the states of all the cells in your brain and body, destroying both while doing so. This information is then transmitted at the speed of light to some other planet, where a replicator produces a perfect organic copy of you. Since the brain of your Replica is exactly like yours, it will seem to remember living your life up to the moment when you pressed the button, its character will be just like yours, and it will be in every other way psychologically continuous with you. Are you sure the person on the other side is you?"

Essentially, the question poses the idea that "you" aren't being transported at all, and instead, you're just dying. A copy of you is made on the other side, but it's not you.
Going back to the episode itself, we can now see that Badger's mindless babble actually holds deeply significant meaning to the show. As you are transported to your new destination, are you simply going there, or is something more morbid happening?

I think this is also a commentary on Walter White. So many people have said that this show is about his descent into becoming the truly vile Heisenberg, and how bit by bit, whoever Walter White was at the beginning of the show has ceased to exist. As Walter White has transported to his new destination as Heisenberg, has he simply gone there? Is he Walter White AS Heisenberg? Or has something more morbid happened? Is Walter White dead?

IdolEyes787
08-14-2013, 08:41 PM
So apparently the show is a favourite among clinically depressed, morbidly obese, househusbands,annoying wise beyond their years children and loutish formerly drug addicted Irishmen.If that's not a ringing endorsement then I don't know what is.
Still I'm reserving judgment until either a least one accountant unhealthily obsessed with David Boreanaz weighs in or someone delivers proof that there is a ninja subplot that also involves strippers and/or strippers .

chalice
08-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Holy fuck Blart. Lay off the e numbers. Speak to an adult about all these feelings you're having. We're not qualified.

Yeah, the body obsessed introvert, agoraphobic demographic is massively under-represented.

No, wait. Watch it and don't shut the fuck up. .

megabyteme
08-14-2013, 08:47 PM
I like to think of Lost and Breaking Bad as polar opposites. One had absolutely no idea where it was going and the other knew exactly where it's going. That's not to say Breaking Bad is predictable, the journey is really what it's all about and its anything but predictable. It fucking brilliant stuff and while you always have an idea of where it's going, you still never really know where its going. Its fucking brilliant stuff.

Ivy league English class ain't what it used to be. :pinch:

IdolEyes787
08-14-2013, 08:50 PM
I also found this interesting as well, posted from another site (about this scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZvMAKeaEyo)):

When Badger is telling Skinny Pete about the theory that when you use the teletransporter in Star Trek, you are actually dying and having a carbon copy made on the other side, it's more than just babbling. It is actually a long-argued and deeply philosophical question that has relations to philosophers like Derek Parfit and John Locke, and moreover, it's a conversation directly addressing the central point of Breaking Bad as a show:
How much can someone change before he is something else entirely?

I'm not a philosophy major so I apologize if I don't explain all this adequately. I studied and read about this theory back in college and was reminded when the show addressed it. Anyway, let's start with the theory itself.
The theory that Badger is discussing is Derek Parfit's teletransporter theory. It has to do with the following thought experiment:

"Suppose that you enter a cubicle in which, when you press a button, a scanner records the states of all the cells in your brain and body, destroying both while doing so. This information is then transmitted at the speed of light to some other planet, where a replicator produces a perfect organic copy of you. Since the brain of your Replica is exactly like yours, it will seem to remember living your life up to the moment when you pressed the button, its character will be just like yours, and it will be in every other way psychologically continuous with you. Are you sure the person on the other side is you?"

Essentially, the question poses the idea that "you" aren't being transported at all, and instead, you're just dying. A copy of you is made on the other side, but it's not you.
Going back to the episode itself, we can now see that Badger's mindless babble actually holds deeply significant meaning to the show. As you are transported to your new destination, are you simply going there, or is something more morbid happening?

I think this is also a commentary on Walter White. So many people have said that this show is about his descent into becoming the truly vile Heisenberg, and how bit by bit, whoever Walter White was at the beginning of the show has ceased to exist. As Walter White has transported to his new destination as Heisenberg, has he simply gone there? Is he Walter White AS Heisenberg? Or has something more morbid happened? Is Walter White dead?

Plagiarize much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carter_of_Mars

Rart
08-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Ivy league English class ain't what it used to be. :pinch:

Shaddup.

Im asian. My primary language is ching chong.

I fixed it up a bit for you, dad.

mjmacky
08-14-2013, 10:53 PM
I feel that if we were to search back, we'd find some of Idle's commentary on how the season ended or some such. Instead of actually looking, I'll claim to remember having seen it and further assert that it disappeared with all the other posts.

mjmacky
08-14-2013, 10:54 PM
The point is, of course he's been watching it. I'm ruining this game because we've already played it and there are no spoilers.

chalice
08-14-2013, 11:41 PM
I feel that if we were to search back, we'd find some of Idle's commentary on how the season ended or some such. Instead of actually looking, I'll claim to remember having seen it and further assert that it disappeared with all the other posts.

Not venturing back for the sake of actually achieving anything, I think we'll find that Idol was watching Casablanca that night for the nteenth night running, He was squatting while he watched it. I noticed the difference in his lack of punctionuationing.

Also, I love it when blart posts. It makes the western world a little bit stonger.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2013, 11:59 PM
No one criticizes Todd Alquist over his lack of proper punctuation.:snooty:

That was from wikipedia or my memory or maybe this all only exists in mjmacky's mind in which case I'm expecting things to get even weirder soon.

megabyteme
08-15-2013, 04:21 PM
On-the-street spoiler from Aaron Paul?!!! :O

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_9yjm3eq5/

Rart
08-15-2013, 04:25 PM
You frequent TMZ?

megabyteme
08-15-2013, 04:34 PM
You frequent TMZ?

You can go back into "retirement"* now. :dry:

I was led there by Idol's infatuation with DiCaprio. Was curious if the "hoverboard" was powered any differently than the "jet pack".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Vuxfif2Hs

*Doesn't that word indicate that you actually served some purpose at some time in the past? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
08-15-2013, 05:00 PM
You frequent TMZ?

He has to since he's really Harvey Levin.

Anyway could be worse.He could belong to a generation who views Facebook as "progress".:)

mjmacky
08-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I just realized that this thread is being bumped because the show came back. I originally it was only active because some idiot with feces under his fingernails made his one glorious post by coming to this thread and saying "i think its show is good".

Anyways, I still have the same stance, I do really like Breaking Bad, but it still isn't on my "I would regret facing death not having known every episode of this show." That's a special slot reserved for Deadwood, Monster (anime), the first two seasons of Community, Death Note (anime with mass appeal), etc. Currently my creaming entertainment is The Newsroom, and it has been satisfying my weekly need to get a fix such that I don't pine for the return of anything else. P.S. I almost regretfully can claim that Game of Thrones receives the same sentiment as Breaking Bad. So, hoo-fucking-rah.