PDA

View Full Version : Pretorians has a new domain

Sylar666
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
You can join Pretorians at

http://pretorians.net

Don't use the old URL.

"2008-03-26 - Megvette egy masik ceg az oldalt, emiatt lesznek valtozasok. Mindenrol idoben ertesitunk benneteket. Remeljuk az uj tulaj legalabb olyan jo lesz, mint a regi, sot jobb! (elore vetitve, lesznek leallasok, gepcsere.....)"

meaning:

Tracker has been bought by another company, there will be changes. You'll be notified about everything in time. Hopefully the new Owner will be at least as good as the former one, let alone better! (however downtimes, new hardware etc. is expected).

Source: Pretorians

SgtMajor
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
So what you reckon, will be as good as other Hu trackers or leave alone?

markupmaster
03-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Interesting news..

Thanks!

:)

Sylar666
03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Major, this has been on for some time...It is one of the most clandestine and exclusive Hungarian trackers, with some very good speed and pretime. With a lot iof secrecy, Staff never gone public. Content is very similar (or was) to the Big Brother, Bithumen. Invitation system was kinda odd, lately You had to have at least 2 TB upload to be able to send Your invite. Basically, Pretorians ("The Duck" as it's called by Hungarian Pirates) has been the most promising young tracker in the business. It started way after Bithu, Endless- Skyline, DS, Majomparade and Gigatorrents.
I guess if managed well, it can be some hell of a tracker. I am optimistic - supposing bittorrent - technology prevails and penetrates. Of course, if You'd like an invite I can try to make it up to You.

zedex
03-31-2008, 09:31 PM
thanks for the news

SgtMajor
03-31-2008, 09:41 PM

Major, this has been on for some time...It is one of the most clandestine and exclusive Hungarian trackers, with some very good speed and pretime. With a lot of secrecy, Staff never gone public. Content is very similar (or was) to the Big Brother, Bithumen. Invitation system was kinda odd, lately You had to have at least 2 TB upload to be able to send Your invite. Basically, Pretorians ("The Duck" as it's called by Hungarian Pirates) has been the most promising young tracker in the business. It started way after Bithu, Endless- Skyline, DS, Majomparade and Gigatorrents.

I guess if managed well, it can be some hell of a tracker. I am optimistic - supposing bittorrent - technology prevails and penetrates. Of course, if You'd like an invite I can try to make it up to You.

Good info - thanks.

No rush to get in, I'm sure there are more deserving of the invite, if you ever get the need to get rid of one though, then I wouldn't say no :D

dunson
04-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Wait, another company bought it? I could see how a group of staff members would incorporate to insulate themselves from liability, but is it common practice to phrase it in such commercial language?

Sylar666
04-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Wait, another company bought it? I could see how a group of staff members would incorporate to insulate themselves from liability, but is it common practice to phrase it in such commercial language?
Don't know details. I 'll go and ask Sherlock...

C-mos
04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
thanx sylar for the tip :)