PDA

View Full Version : whats the tell

hasnainbk
04-01-2008, 05:22 AM
This is the PM I received.

Hey hasnainbk,

I noticed you were offering a What.cd invite in your giveaway thread. Well, I just wanted to tell you that I just got busted giving out a What.cd invite from here.

I made a giveaway thread, and was offering What.cd invite. So I invited a person. And the person that I invited got his account disabled, and mine got disabled.

Now, the name xxxxxxx isn't used on any of the torrent sites I belong to. So I don't know how they knew the person I invited came from me. But they knew.
Also he says invitee used a different user name then FST.
What is really happening?

JA
04-01-2008, 05:25 AM
He offered a what.cd invite to a phewb. Phewb signed up and got banned, so did he. But he uses different user names. He is basically warning you about consequences of inviting phewbs that you don't know.

hasnainbk
04-01-2008, 06:11 AM
I am happy you figured it out.
The question is how what.cd figured it out?

Cabalo
04-01-2008, 06:31 AM
date and time.
compare thread announcement for winner, scan it for a couple of hours and voila, u have a winner to be banned.

hasnainbk
04-01-2008, 06:35 AM
date and time.
compare thread announcement for winner, scan it for a couple of hours and voila, u have a winner to be banned.
so it means that if you just don't announce the winner and give away the invite silently or just announce it the other day and give it the earlier day,one can beat it?

Cabalo
04-01-2008, 06:38 AM
i'd say u'd get much better odds of not getting caught. ;)

Nemrod
04-01-2008, 06:53 AM
date and time.
so it means that if you just don't announce the winner and give away the invite silently or just announce it the other day and give it the earlier day,one can beat it?

It means that the best way for helping people and helping yourself as well, is giving invites in a private and responsible way. Unless you are looking for public recognition or appreciation.

Just my humble opinion. :)

JA
04-01-2008, 07:23 AM
You can get caught by a lot of methods.

Most common one used is he clicked a link; link gave IP to person who gave him that link. They cross referenced IP with DB and poof. He gets pwnd.

grimms
04-01-2008, 07:45 AM
He offered a what.cd invite to a phewb. Phewb signed up and got banned, so did he. But he uses different user names. He is basically warning you about consequences of inviting phewbs that you don't know.

Basically.:yup: Same happened to me. They disabled my account due to having an invite giveaway thread offering what.cd (Didn't even invite anyone). My advice to people is to give invites through pm to only people you fee as though you can trust.

hasnainbk
04-01-2008, 08:33 AM
awww slow down guys...you are making me afraid...well I guess I should remove the invite from giveaway then.

pone44
04-01-2008, 03:59 PM
doubt it.:noes:

date and time.