PDA

View Full Version : is it that hard to be nice?

SAM
04-02-2008, 02:32 AM
I saw this message at another forum so i like to post here to show you the difference between good staff and bad ones.between humans that have feelings and senseless kids.
this message was sent to IPT member who unwillingly invited two cheaters

Dear ######

Please be advised that we have banned 2 users invited by yourself to IPTorrents.com who have been identified for using a ratio cheating software.

Namely:
XXXXXX, email: ##############
XXXXXX, email: @@@@@@@@@@@@

A note reflecting this has been added to your account.

You are requested to be careful who you invite to our site as you are not only wasting your invite, but if we establish that you are inviting too many cheaters we will have no alternative but to disable your account as well.

We are not making the assumption that you were aware your invitee would become a ratio cheat, but we simply wish to make you aware of the facts and its consequences should this occur too frequently.

It is sincerely hoped that we can put this event down to experience and that you will continue to enjoy all that IPT has to offer for a long time to come.

Please take care who else you invite as your account will aslo be disabled if this continues.

Best Regards

with all due respect to some of the so called high level trackers.high isn't only in level or content high is mainly for morals and sympathy.
my only problem now is there is no goats left :cry:

1000possibleclaws
04-02-2008, 03:07 AM
how do you unwillingly invite someone? wtf?

Kyokushin
04-02-2008, 03:12 AM

Means that he had no intention of inviting cheaters, but real users.

Annoyed
04-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Yep, I saw another message like that on another forum given by the IPT staff. Definitely, a nice bunch of people.

aysomc
04-02-2008, 03:26 AM
its not hard to be nice, its just much easier to get peoples attention and make them listen while being forceful. as long as the staff arent banning people unnecessarily then im fine with any attitude they have.

SAM
04-02-2008, 03:30 AM

easy you invite someone you think he is a good man and he will never cheat or trade but he cheats so you didn't intent to so you didn't want to invite cheaters.
so it's unwillingly the opposite of willingly.
is it clear.i hope so
:)

Night0wl
04-02-2008, 03:43 AM
unknowingly is the more correct term. Unwillingly implies the he never wanted to invite anyone. As in the invites just got sent by magic or something. Actually accidentally is even more correct and can't misconstrued by people just looking for mistakes of posters, who have English as a foreign language. Or even unintentionally fit well also.

Fuck... now the grammar police has me doubting my English skills as well :(

fOrUmAs
04-02-2008, 03:45 AM
well it seems for some people on other sites it is very hard to be nice

+1 for staff at IPT ;)

SAM
04-02-2008, 03:46 AM
unknowingly is the correct term. Unwillingly implies the he never wanted to invite anyone. As in the invites just got sent by magic or something.
by a wand actually
thank you grammar boy

Detale
04-02-2008, 03:46 AM
its not hard to be nice, its just much easier to get peoples attention and make them listen while being forceful. as long as the staff arent banning people unnecessarily then im fine with any attitude they have.
You shouldn't be. Trackers often times forget that it is us the users that keep them going with donations and participation, too often we tahe 5hit from the staffers who are put in place to help members NOT bully them.

Also the cold fact is you NEVER really know someone you invite for the first time, do your research, check the person out and all of the other checklist items but in the end it is possible they will screw you. My hat's off to IPT staff for handling this like adults, Good work guys

hasnainbk
04-02-2008, 03:51 AM
yeah mostly lower level trackers have much better staff then the ones with extraordinary exclusiveness,in sense of communication with members and understanding for their actions.That is one good example laid by IPT staff.

Night0wl
04-02-2008, 03:53 AM
unknowingly is the correct term. Unwillingly implies the he never wanted to invite anyone. As in the invites just got sent by magic or something.by a wand actually
thank you grammar boy

Well fuck you too

I was trying to not make a good thread into some grammar discussion, by adding something they couldn't correct.

(this post probably deserves an infraction, but well worth it IMO, so report away if you want)

hasnainbk
04-02-2008, 04:01 AM
yea that deserves an infraction.have some sense put into this young man whose title is GoatHead and knows no manners.If you cant post something better,you should remain silent.

SAM
04-02-2008, 04:05 AM
by a wand actually
thank you grammar boy

Well fuck you too

I was trying to not make a good thread into some grammar discussion, by adding something they couldn't correct.

(this post probably deserves an infraction, but well worth it IMO, so report away if you want)
I don't report kids like you who can't control their emotions.but i'm happy that you get it out of your chest.
and more happy that you show people how childish you are.
by the way i meant nothing by my comment on your first post iwas just kidding with you.but you can't buy morals;):fst:

dunson
04-02-2008, 04:08 AM
I realize that this is tangential, but since it appears to be a contentious issue, I can't resist trying to settle it properly.

Unknowingly is indeed a more accurate choice. If you did something, your will intended it to happen. If you invited someone, you did so willingly. The issue of whether it is known to you or not refers to your awareness of facts, not your desire to do an act. I'm sure you can see how the issue is really whether he knew that the invitees were cheaters, not whether he intended to invite them.

Peace guys, remember the context of this thread. Being nice is the key to dealing with other people efficiently. So thanks for posting such a wonderful example of kindness from powers of authority. I have received nothing but the kindest support from all staff of every tracker I've been a member of, so maybe I'm just lucky or maybe it is because I'm nice to begin with. ;)

(I)
04-02-2008, 04:14 AM

+1

The Wanderer
04-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Being nice certainly won't kill anyone.;)

And even if you'd like to ban that person's ass immediatly for inviting bad users or for trading invites, sending a PM with a standard nice text message (text you already saved on your computer hard drive) certainly won't kill you.

It's only 4 kb after all. ;)

John1988
04-02-2008, 07:38 AM

+1

HarlanS
04-02-2008, 07:42 AM
These guys have a tough job to do in policing all the scammers and cheaters. I'm sure the first 1000 'nice' notices they sent out and got ignored on made them think a notice with more 'fang' would be more seriously received. Even so, the notice is firm, but plenty polite in my opinion.

They didn't randomly ban the guy, just advised him and noted his file. Perhaps he should wipe his tears, thicken his skin and pay more attention to who he brings in. 1 cheater is a slip through but two raises an eyebrow. Remember, these jerks kill the goose for us all in the long run.

I think IPT is a pretty good beginner's tracker, and as such, they probably have more shenanigans to deal with than do the high level ultra-rare trackers.

Keep on keepin on, I says. Bravo IPT, keep your chin up.

soulreaper
04-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Success goes to people's heads, thats probably what happens with some of these "high level" tracker staffs.

Nice of IPT staff to politely warn the user.

Ideally a user should enjoy torrenting and not feel like it's a drill.

Saroman
04-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Apt example of how things should be handled. Polite and firm and with proper reasoning, otherwise at time you don't even know why the hell were you banned.

Now i invited "fulu" (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/fulu-144977) to ScL thinking that he is a decent enough user and won't break the rules.

Within 2 weeks, warning was slapped on me by z7x that i invited the Account Trader. Now he assured me that he wont trade/cheat with this account. So what possible precaution could i have taken. Word is as good as trust in Bittorrent community.

So finally after my warning expired i went to Irc yesterday and told z7x that,

I take full responsibility on his part too, as i had invited him. He assured me that he won't trade still he did. Next time i will be more careful. Thanx

Thats it.. And he agreed with it, I dont think any other staff especially BitmeTV would be as co-operative.

My point here is some tracker staff are really helpful but they have to portray tough image just to keep things in order.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Just my two cents but I think a lot of these "high level trackers" set themselves up for abuse.Want to be exclusive understood,but this invites cheating.
If you look outside the web it's easy to see that most of the corruption is in places of so called power.
For the most part I'd trust a poor person over a wealthy one every time.Look at this forum and see how many of the top sites are up for trade.
If they choose to operate like that they shouldn't be surprised by the fish they catch.

S3v3N
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
is it that hard to be nice? (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-is-hard-nice-288209/page3)

yes !

SAM
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
why?

sacebac
04-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Nice staff in IPT.......

Something Else
04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
What a cunning array of stunts. :dry:

SAM
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
What a cunning array of stunts. :dry:
and your point is?

merwais
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
IPTorrents is very friendly community.
IPT staff is not allowing members to use bad words in the forums and in comments also.
IPT is not new tracker, they are 2 years old :) & very big and growing very fast.

Nice staff in IPT :D Long Live IPT Team

bikernin
04-02-2008, 06:10 PM
thats the way it should be done. everyone deserves a second chance.
SAM : thanks to your theory, goats are soon going to be listed as endangered species :P

ibi23
04-02-2008, 06:31 PM
OK. iptorrents ...everything nice and clear, but....
today i got banned from SCC, cause i downloaded a IMDB topten pack,
and then because of the storm i had to turn off my comp for an hour...
BUM...just made a h&r...youre banned....NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL!
F*** i hate this tracker...i wont be using it again, even if i had a chance

SgtMajor
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I hate being nice, it creates a false impression of me.

Presto
04-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Let's be all nice and fake.

Actatoi
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I wonder how many cases of the usual shit staff has to take care about before someone acts wrong and doesn't get their help and has to whine about it somewhere.

I mean I don't see any, "Thanks **** staff you surely are great persons putting in your personal time and helping thousands of people enjoying themselfs for free" nearly as often as I see someone that think he/she have been unfairly treatened. Only the people that see themself as treated unfair makes noise.

colbert
04-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Who would cheat on IPTorrents?! It's almost too easy to maintain ratio with all their bonuses!

IdolEyes787
04-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I have little problem differentiating between the two.

Actatoi
04-02-2008, 09:44 PM

He just thinks everyone are like him. :ermm:

SAM
04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I hate being nice, it creates a false impression of me.
actually it's the true impression but you don't like to show it. :)

IdolEyes787
04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
deleted

kondrae
04-03-2008, 06:12 AM
the staff on IPT are indeed very nice, but my close friend that i invited was banned from there and i got the exact same PM. Im not gonna go into detail, but im certain he didnt cheat, and i just wonder how many more are gonna get banned for no reason before their coder finally sees there something wrong.

p.s i left IPT after that.
Had a sweet ratio of >3 dl~100gb, ul~370
O'well. moved on

grimms
04-03-2008, 10:05 AM

T.S.O.L.? Ignore that dumba**.:whistling

easy you invite someone you think he is a good man and he will never cheat or trade but he cheats so you didn't intent to so you didn't want to invite cheaters.
is it clear.i hope so

WTF? Make sense or put a sock in your mouth.:dabs:

S3v3N
04-03-2008, 10:30 AM

is it clear.i hope so

WTF? Make sense or put a sock in your mouth.:dabs:

He's making sense to me :yup:! and stop attacking users :01:

Presto
04-03-2008, 11:42 AM

He just thinks everyone are like him. :ermm:

Everyone is not sincere and kind, thus they are not like me.

J-dye
04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
there is no fun in being nice sam :glag:

IdolEyes787
04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
"Callousness is its own punishment, as kindness is its own reward".

berry89
04-03-2008, 12:25 PM
well it seems for some people on other sites it is very hard to be nice

+1 for staff at IPT ;)

agree with you, +1 IPT staff.

toti
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
sorry for you sam

escuoop
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
there is no fun in being nice sam :glag:

but not if u got kicked for unknown reason

SAM
04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
sorry for you sam
explain your self.will you?:)

Defy
04-03-2008, 04:14 PM
You shouldn't be. Trackers often times forget that it is us the users that keep them going with donations and participation, too often we tahe 5hit from the staffers who are put in place to help members NOT bully them.

Also the cold fact is you NEVER really know someone you invite for the first time, do your research, check the person out and all of the other checklist items but in the end it is possible they will screw you. My hat's off to IPT staff for handling this like adults, Good work guys

This is very true! You do not win at teh internets or in RL by being an asshat.

eatpepsi
04-03-2008, 06:37 PM
^^
Its tracker and a community too.. so keep it organised some form of strictness should be enforced. Although there should be limit and reckless banning isnt an option but as i said some 'level' should be there...

1000possibleclaws
04-04-2008, 04:30 AM

Y U GOTTA B SO ARMZ HOMIE!? :(

He's making sense to me :yup:! and stop attacking users :01:

and dude, everything's peachy. if you read the friggen OP you'd realize i'm not 'attacking' any user here, because SAM is quoting from some retard at another forum who doesn't proof read his posts so that they make sense :pinch: