PDA

View Full Version : Buying an OVH Kimsufi in the US

Ragecloak
04-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm looking to get a kimsufi this month and was wondering what was the best way for someone in the US to get one. I've heard of people getting prepaid canadian visas then just using any address they allow...would this work? Where would I get a canadian prepaid visa? What other options are there to get a kimsufi?

edit: NOT looking for resellers

Tokeman
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
how about finding a canadian that wants to share a box? That would solve your issue...

Sanka113
04-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, i've searched a little bit for a Canadian gift card solution , and have came up short so far.

Ragecloak
04-02-2008, 06:56 PM
how about finding a canadian that wants to share a box? That would solve your issue...

because i've already got someone who's going to split the cost 50/50 with me and i'd prefer to be the admin if i'm paying for it

colbert
04-03-2008, 01:35 AM
You can't buy OVH from the U.S. I suggest paying a few more bucks and getting something other than OVH especially as you live in U.S.

Sanka113
04-03-2008, 01:58 AM
People want these boxes not only because they are cheap, but they are hella fast too. If you look on SCT you see lot of Leaseweb and Vectoral owners admiring how well the kimsufi keeps up with it.

OP, i'm currently checking out some "government" site that aids "businesses" in buying visa debit cards from other to help promote international trade or something.

slayer2005
04-03-2008, 05:03 AM
Get somebody to order you one who lives in the uk and you pay them via paypal ;-)

Sanka113
04-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Anybody want to give this a try: http://www.speedymoneynetwork.com/us/banquecard.htm

It's a supported method of payment for OVH and supposedly can be used at any of their merchants. I do wonder if when you register the card for online use, will it allow you to put in a fake address?

fatcat69
04-03-2008, 05:02 PM
or just get a free one :-P

sacebac
04-03-2008, 05:56 PM

How????

Tokeman
04-03-2008, 06:00 PM

How????

There was a huge thread about it not too long ago, but as I remember, it was not for US residents, so I dont see how that helps...

calogero
04-04-2008, 06:31 AM
I don't know if that promotion was available to US residents, but there are a helluvalotta OVH seedboxes with US flags in my uTorrent peers right now.

renwickftw
04-04-2008, 06:34 AM
That should be impossible calogero (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/calogero-202171) since the OVH boxes are in France.

calogero
04-04-2008, 06:37 AM
That should be impossible calogero (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/calogero-202171) since the OVH boxes are in France.

I am well aware.
Maybe I drink too much, but I'm pretty sure.

Sanka113
04-04-2008, 07:49 AM
100 free OVH boxes were given out in either late February or early march. In order for US residents to take part in the promotion they used fake addresses to make an account. Problems with order from OVH only occurs when you actually pay.

yayyyyyy
04-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I don't know if that promotion was available to US residents, but there are a helluvalotta OVH seedboxes with US flags in my uTorrent peers right now.

utorrent assign the flag based on the TLD of the reverse dns...

ovh uses ovh.COM ... and utorrent show .COM with US flag (instead of a worldwide flag... :01:)

Ragecloak
04-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Looking into these again...looking for more suggestions on getting one in the US

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM
There aren't much else you can do, man. You pretty much just need to find someone from one of these countries to help you.

HiDef
04-16-2008, 02:56 PM
There aren't much else you can do, man. You pretty much just need to find someone from one of these countries to help you.

Even if you find someone in one of those countries to help you with perhaps and address you can you use. As i have read before, I take it the credit card you use is tied to the US. so when finaling paying for it, so they cancel it then

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Pretty much if you use your real card, and a fake address, they will cancel it from the system. The credit card's billing address must match your OVH account's address or they will either decline your order from the start or ask for proof of residency.

puckface
04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
You cant do it, plus those things are slow as hell. Spend a few extra dollars and get a real box.

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
9-11 mb/s is slow? You must have a 1gigabit box then.

HiDef
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
What about a prepaid UK visa card. will that work?

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
That would work. Problem is those aren't readily available unless your from the UK. You'd still need to use an intermediary.

HiDef
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
who is a reseller of OVH?

SgtMajor
04-16-2008, 05:18 PM
who is a reseller of OVH?

By the time you take exchange rates & profits into account, the end cost in $ is quite high actually.

You need to be able to order directly to have the benefits, otherwise there are just as good alternatives for the same price.

Sanka113
04-16-2008, 05:26 PM
If you can find someone trust worthy from one of the OVH countries i'd go that route. There's no known reseller that is willing to sell the kimsufi's. The reseller I know just sells expensive 1 person servers or you can share a webui account with 4 other people. It's hardly worth the price. If you can't find a trustworthy person to get a kimsufi from cheaply, then just look elsewhere.

Zaxx
04-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Looking into these again...looking for more suggestions on getting one in the US

I am possibly in a position to help you out. I live in the US but have relatives in the UK...one of which I can count on to 'take care of it', no problem. The only catch is that I'd want to be a partner and pay 1/3 of the cost. Lemme know what you think.;)

As far as trusting me...I'll prepay each month and collect from you and your friend if you want. I've been in p2p for ~7 years...I'm not out to screw anyone. :rolleyes:

BethCooper
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
hehe, convincing :P

I'm also after to get one of these Kimsufi boxes, and I have a cousin who lives in Spain that might can help me out with it, but I cant get any good information how it will work to do this way, not even from Ovh forums, so is there anyone here who are renting an Ovh server through another person in an "Ovh country" ?? :)
just tell something about how you must to to get it to work would be very nice :)

BlackEyes
07-22-2008, 08:03 AM
i have already get kimsufi server from ovh
if interested pm :D

sam45
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
hehe, convincing :P

I'm also after to get one of these Kimsufi boxes, and I have a cousin who lives in Spain that might can help me out with it, but I cant get any good information how it will work to do this way, not even from Ovh forums, so is there anyone here who are renting an Ovh server through another person in an "Ovh country" ?? :)
just tell something about how you must to to get it to work would be very nice :)

1. Get a person in the UK or one of their accepted countries to buy the server for you.

2. Set up Utorrent and all the settings

3. Disable the default OVH admin accounts, so they can't access your
box

4. Change your default admin password.

5. Start using the box.

6. Download files to your computer via FTP

I have an OVH box for 4 months, and I may be looking to share it with 1 trustworthy person
next month. PM me for further details...

No, I'm not in the UK, and can not set up boxes for others, I found someone to set it up for me,
even though it's costing me an extra 10 pounds + PayPal fees per month.

puckface
07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
PM kross.

Rodrigo
07-27-2008, 07:26 PM
i have already get kimsufi server from ovh
if interested pm :D

Hey.. Im interested but i cant PM you. How can i talk to u?

:)