PDA

View Full Version : Vista sleep

clocker
04-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Does the "sleep" function work for anybody here?
It was fine on my old NF4/s939 rig but completely borked on the new Intel rig.

She goes to sleep just fine but refuses to wake up...just cycles through reboots till I shut it down and restart.
I liked how fast it woke from sleep- Vista is a pig during normal startup- and would love to get that working again.

zero0
04-03-2008, 02:01 AM
sleep&wake up function doesnt work at all with me on vista

quiksilver_aus
04-03-2008, 06:34 AM
works perfect for me. Home Premium 64bit. and you're right, very fast from sleep

IdolEyes787
04-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Did quite a bit of rummaging around different sites to try and find a solution with no luck.
It seems that many people have issues with the sleep function in Vista and most peg it as a driver compatibility issue.Microsoft is working on a fix but nothing at the moment.You options appear to be doing a reinstall,or trying to fix it in power management or bios .None of these will probably solve the problem though.
Sorry I couldn't offer anything more constructive.

dunkItOut
04-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah...I got this problem too...really annoying.

zapjb
04-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Vista LOL :lol:

tutipute
04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I have the same problem with one of the computers... the other works great! really fast resume from stand-by mode!!!

Next week i am going to investigate it so i'll let you know how it goes... :D

For the time being, i still don't have a clue whether it is a hardware problem, software problem (since i use different versions of Vista) or a compatibility problem...

The configurations are:
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus + Antec-True power trio = working
Asus P4C800 Deluxe + standard PSU = not working

Gonna solve the mystery in a few days so hang in there!

clocker
04-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Shall await your results with bated breath.

Don't take too long or I'll asphyxiate.

sanjana
04-05-2008, 12:42 AM
In my comp I tried installing the Vista long back and when I try to sleep it will sleep and It will not wakeup as it does in XP...

escuoop
04-05-2008, 01:19 AM
I blamed my PC for that, I never knew that was from Vista

tutipute
04-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Shall await your results with bated breath.

Don't take too long or I'll asphyxiate.

Take it is easy man... Don't need em' FST cops investigating me for murder! :)

As i have read in several other forums that SP1 has solved some of the problems mentioned in this thread, i was wondering whether you (or anyone else) already tried it?

Rip The Jacker
04-05-2008, 10:22 AM
When I bought my laptop, it came with Vista. Just about everything bothered me, one of those things was the broken sleep mode. I had the same problem. Formatted the HDD, installed XP Pro.

Of course now its at HP for repair... but thats another story. Hopefully they fix the issue soon.

clocker
04-05-2008, 02:38 PM
As i have read in several other forums that SP1 has solved some of the problems mentioned in this thread, i was wondering whether you (or anyone else) already tried it?
I have SP1 installed and no, it DIDN'T fix the broken sleep function.

About the only thing I haven't tried yet is returning to stock speed but I'm not sure that is a tradeoff I'm willing to make...

naaceer
04-05-2008, 03:45 PM
You need to install all Motherbord and GPU drivers this happen to me before and now after i have install those drivers sleep function works pefectly .

Shiranai_Baka
04-05-2008, 03:52 PM
You guys are pressing the power button to resume from sleep mode right?

clocker
04-05-2008, 04:02 PM
No, just moving the mouse.

Shiranai_Baka
04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
No, just moving the mouse.

Sleep mode requires you to press the power button to wake it up.
(Assuming that wasn't a sarcastic response clocker ;))

clocker
04-05-2008, 05:15 PM
No, it wasn't sarcastic.

Previously, just moving the mouse woke up the PC...and it still does, kinda.
It wakes up and then just goes into a reboot cycle until I kill the power and do a full restart.

Shiranai_Baka
04-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Huh.. thats weird. I always put my laptop to sleep and it only wakes up when I press my power button.. and thats how it has always worked for me.

mr. nails
04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
which are u having problems with? put it in sleep mode then immediately waking it up or put it in sleep mode and waiting 8 hours? or both?

clocker
04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Both.

mr. nails
04-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Both.

i'll try the 8 hours later, but putting it to sleep and immediately waking it up worked fine for me. i do not have sp1 as u well know though. if that makes a diff couldn't tell ya.

tesco
04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Huh.. thats weird. I always put my laptop to sleep and it only wakes up when I press my power button.. and thats how it has always worked for me.
Same for me because when I choose sleep in vista it shuts the computer right off (hibernation).

clocker
04-06-2008, 02:19 PM
OK, I just went back and reloaded "optimised defaults" in BIOS (bye-bye, overclock!:pinch:) and set the Power Options to "balanced".

STILL won't wake up from sleep properly.
Moving the mouse, hitting a key or pressing the power button...same thing- cyclical reboots.
I let it go for 5 attempts before it got too scary to go on.
Switch off power at the back of the PSU, let her sit for a moment, power it back on and hit the power button and it'll cycle twice, reset the BIOS to default and then attempt to start (which it can't because BIOS default is non-RAID so I get "operating system not found" till I switch that back).

When it finally DOES start, I get the "Resuming Windows" screen instead of the normal progress bar and it acts like nothing bad happened.

The only other thing I can think to try would be a fresh OS install on a non-RAID disk but sheesh, that's a lot of work and hardly seems worth it.

Which means I'll probably try it sooner or later.