PDA

View Full Version : i might be creating a tracker

th0r
04-03-2008, 04:13 AM
let me start off my saying that this won't be the next super-secret invite-only (well, it might be invite only at some point) 0day tracker with a different agenda, just read what i have to say ...

as you may or may not know, i am a huge fan of stand-up comedy: anyone from eddie izzard to buddy hackett to george carlin to richard pryor is good in my book, but i do not see a niche tracker for only stand-up comedy

i was thinking, if i did create a tracker for stand-up comedy, to start small; maybe 2,000 or 3,000 members open signup, and then invites after

what do the rest of you think about this?

SceneLOL
04-03-2008, 04:16 AM
sounds good.

Annoyed
04-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Wow, that is an excellent idea. I've been looking for a tracker that is dedicated to this kind of comedy, but never found one. If one was to be made, I would definitely become a member. And upload any stand up that I can find.

Kyl3KK
04-03-2008, 04:25 AM
I think I could help out in any way possible th0r. That's a tracker I would definitely use.

dunkItOut
04-03-2008, 04:27 AM
I would love to join this. But I don't really have any stand-up movies. It's a good idea though :D

Nemrod
04-03-2008, 04:29 AM
Iīd like it, and for sure Iīd join to that site, I like comedy, all types.

Besides, in my humble opinion, the torrent world is full of 0day trackers, DVD trackers, TV trackers, etc. and at the end of the day you get the same thing in hundreds of sites. But what you are thinking itīs something I have not being noticed that it has been already made.
Something I donīt know if there is enough releases of that type, or even sources to make them, but knowing your reputation and trajectory I assume that if you are posting this itīs because youīve pre-viewed the situation from every corner.
So, I know this could mean nothing to you, but you can count on me.

MrBurlesque
04-03-2008, 04:31 AM
This is a great idea, I would definitely be interested in joining.

th0r
04-03-2008, 04:35 AM
Something I donīt know if there is enough releases of that type, or even sources to make them, but knowing your reputation and trajectory I assume that if you are posting this itīs because youīve pre-viewed the situation from every corner.

oh believe me, i think i can fill my tracker with at least 300 torrents of every kind of comedy mediums: live sets, movies, dvdrs, audio, interviews, etc.

try and remember all the stand-up comedy that the pig had, and take all those torrents to my tracker ... you'd have a lot of torrents just from that, and then some from user uploads

i agree, there are too many trackers that can easily be boiled down: standard broadcast tv shows, hollywood movies, lossy music, and pr0n; i want my tracker to be a breathe of fresh air at the end of the day that doesn't try to compete with anyone else; just a combination of good laughs between members and high-quality user uploads (scene or not) for all to enjoy would be what i would try to aim for

grimms
04-03-2008, 04:36 AM
I think it's a great niche to get into as far as starting a tracker. I'm also a huge Richard Pryor fan. He was my favorite comedian of all time and the best in my list and number one on the 100 top comedians of all time.

Just make sure you have a great tracker name that WORKS. A great but yet simple design (Header banner or/and Logo) to attract users examples, iTS, FTN, and Scl. You obviously want a great team of staff. Also make it a 100% comedy tracker. Going 10 steps above Myspleen would be smart. Hope it works out for you man.

SAM
04-03-2008, 04:43 AM
nice idea but why don't you add more categories things that we are missing like fiction ebooks and real documentary content.
i wish you the best and don't forget to invite me :)

chiefosceola
04-03-2008, 04:44 AM
if you can find some uploaders to a wide range of comedians then I would definitely be interested. hard to find material I'm looking for both on BT and NG.

th0r
04-03-2008, 04:49 AM
nice idea but why don't you add more categories things that we are missing like fiction ebooks and real documentary content.

this is just an idea, i'm no where near creating categories for anything yet

SAM
04-03-2008, 04:51 AM
cool as i said it's great idea but the problem as some already stated is the material.And i think specialized trackers is better than general ones.We have many of general one already.
and it will be cool if any member can upload his own stuff.

Dark Archon
04-03-2008, 04:51 AM
th0r -

Would you allow only scene releases or to some extent, user uploads as well? It would be great to collaborate both as though scene releases provide the mainstream media for the tracker's content, the users themselves can provide the niche where some of us can record live stream interviews of radio stations or even books or magazines that are related to comedy and uploading them. It would be awesome to have a tight community and a dedicated tracker for a niche audience, like what AOM is doing right now.

Good idea man. When would the foundation begin?

th0r
04-03-2008, 04:56 AM
i want both user uploads and scene uploads to be featured on the tracker, with high restrictions on quality, of course

if this happens, i don't plan on making it bigger than 5,000 members, i don't want too much attention from the wrong people

G-Force
04-03-2008, 04:58 AM
Great idea, i am a huge stand up comedy fan! I have some stuff i would be willing to contribute :)

Dark Archon
04-03-2008, 05:03 AM
Your tracker would be a very attractive I would assume since this is probably the very first comedy content dedicated tracker, the closest tracker you get at the moment would be BitMeTV, but it's too wildly focused.

I think it will really work out on your behalf.

DarkLured
04-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Sounds like a good idea, I'd sign up and download/seed. As of now, I occasionally download stand-up audio from Waffles or What, but I don't know of any site that specializes/focuses on stand-up (MySpleen focuses on comedy TV in general but can be a bit scattered and doesn't have the selection you have in mind). Good luck and send me the link :)

The Wanderer
04-03-2008, 05:47 AM
I don't think there is a tracker who covers this niche. The only problem would be the availability of content but if you say it won't be a problem then I don't see why this wouldn't be a great idea. :)

Hiccup
04-03-2008, 07:00 AM
This is a wonderful idea. I've been actually searching for something like this and some comedy stuff for some time. You could count me in, and I could definitely help out.

Swift
04-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Good luck hope it last !

J-dye
04-03-2008, 07:51 AM
a comedy exclusive tracker would be nice . not the stand up comedy thing alone .

its so hard to find old comedy classics :mellow:

LoKaLiRi
04-03-2008, 08:10 AM
nice idea th0r , :yes:

rocky1234
04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Great Idea !!

M3nn0
04-03-2008, 10:58 AM
would be interested if made :)

Swift
04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
and btw i`m interested in comedy to so ! tell us when you open it :Dhehe

Horatiu
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
<- You have the biggest Seinfeld fan right here.
This might be a very useful tracker for me as i too like stand up comedy.
I'm looking forward to it.

sacebac
04-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Great ideia here.......I like stand up comedy too!!!!you will have many people sign up when trackers up......

styles
04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice idea, :) I love comedy so much Good luck for your tracker.

EnerGizer
04-03-2008, 02:04 PM
well , I have mr bean season s01 complete :P

mamacita
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I really think this could work, thor. You've got a good head on your shoulders, all we need is a little brainstorming.

I've always loved (and still do!) the specialty trackers, where community and true interest in the content are present.

And allowing non-scene is a must in this kind of specialty tracker.

Good luck with this man, and don't forget to look me up if you need any help!

dangermouse1
04-03-2008, 02:28 PM
love stand up comedy great idea

Magnum
04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Great idea th0r!Good luck my friend with your tracker!

Rehab
04-03-2008, 04:30 PM
The idea is very nice but i don't there there are many rips online or i haven't payed attention.

VIZFX
04-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I like it too. Looks like you got a lot of interest.

Casper413
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
sounds Good To Me

v3nger
04-03-2008, 06:01 PM
sounds pretty cool

Graver256
04-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Very nice idea! I'm a big stand-up fan!

eatpepsi
04-03-2008, 06:33 PM
If you only aim at Standup Comedy then there will be shortage of content soon.. Ofcourse as you being a fan of Standup comedy and others might bring some rare shows but thats about it .. On the other hand as some mentioned - All types of comedy would be really interesting..

- Charlie Chaplin
- Laurel & Hardy
- Three Stooges

The above were only the popular ones but there are very less epsiodes of above shows on other trackers/RS etc. So that might be a good start i guess.

All in All .. a full on comedy tracker sounds pretty good if we have atleast 6-10 Willing uploaders because without them it would be pretty difficult to bring in content :)

May be you can give it a serios thought. I loved the idea :D

danio
04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
i really like the idea. if you go for it i would definitely join up :)

fOrUmAs
04-03-2008, 07:18 PM
let me start off my saying that this won't be the next super-secret invite-only (well, it might be invite only at some point) 0day tracker with a different agenda, just read what i have to say ...

as you may or may not know, i am a huge fan of stand-up comedy: anyone from eddie izzard to buddy hackett to george carlin to richard pryor is good in my book, but i do not see a niche tracker for only stand-up comedy

i was thinking, if i did create a tracker for stand-up comedy, to start small; maybe 2,000 or 3,000 members open signup, and then invites after

what do the rest of you think about this?

Nah i dont like stand up comedy,but good luck with your site.

DV8type
04-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Sup Bro.
We had a Comedy Club at one point and it was hard to get off the ground. As you know we've also had some great comedy/stand up packs and while they are somewhat popular, they are no where near as popular as other packs.
I dont mean to burst your bubble but you might try to bring some packs to trackers and see how popular it really is. I dont think you can gauge the popularity of a tracker by posts on FST. It takes a lot of time/effort to put up a tracker and FST might give you a false sense of destiny.
:cheers:

eatpepsi
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
^^
Thats what i meant when i said that Only Stand-Up comedy wont work.. May be dedicated comedy tracker with everything that is comic.. Be it Old Comedians or Good comedy TV shows.. Combined this can work...

saqib
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Sup Bro.
We had a Comedy Club at one point and it was hard to get off the ground. As you know we've also had some great comedy/stand up packs and while they are somewhat popular, they are no where near as popular as other packs.
I dont mean to burst your bubble but you might try to bring some packs to trackers and see how popular it really is. I dont think you can gauge the popularity of a tracker by posts on FST. It takes a lot of time/effort to put up a tracker and FST might give you a false sense of destiny.
:cheers:
+1 :yup:

fazzy07
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Count me in th0r. I believe in your work and I would be really looking forward to it

We are saturated with 0-day trackers and niche is the way to go. And I out of watching all my favorite standup comedians on youtube

It would be great if we can add more categories like other people suggested and make it a complete comedy tracker

colbert
04-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Great idea! There are already too many general 0-day trackers. The trick to being successful I think is to create your own niche as you already are thinking. I'm certain there will be demand for a dedicated comedy tracker including mp3, movie, stand-up etc. I'm interested!

pawned
04-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Knowing th0r i would stay away from the tracker but im sure it will be all shiny thanks to his gfx skillz :)

eatpepsi
04-04-2008, 01:37 AM
lol he's not gonna bite you :P

Septimus
04-04-2008, 02:12 AM
I think is a good idea but try to add some more categories...

calogero
04-04-2008, 06:01 AM
This sounds awesome. I wish I had standup to upload, but I only have bandwith. I really hope you make this tracker, enough that I created an account here finally and stopped lurking.

aysomc
04-04-2008, 07:52 AM
my only concern would be new material. the users can get hundred or thousands of old torrents going assuming you allow regular users to upload which is great but once that has been established it may be very slow going with new torrents coming in.

Swift
04-04-2008, 09:09 AM
new and old material would be great .. there are lots of stand-up comedy shows

Grind$oFine
04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I enjoy stand-up comedy quite a bit, though I don't usually download it. I do however like audio. There's nothing like listening to Mitch Hedberg for hours in the car. :D

And although I'm slightly interested in the idea, I probably wouldn't use the tracker that often, and I have to agree with some other people who are saying it might not work. I do think an all around comedy tracker would be popular though - with stand-up being a category. You could allow movies also, some ideas for categories could be; slapstick, dark-comedy, spoofer/parody, screwball, satire, gross-out, and even romantic comedy. Then add audio, and possibly some other things. It would be kind of neat.

sleepyy
04-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I like the idea I'm also surprised it has not already been done as it was previously mentioned with a great number of people supporting the idea a vast number of people enjoy comedy.

I assume you would be offered lots of help in skilled areas you can't preform yourself to help you accomplish this project successfully I wish you good luck with it's success and reckon it will work out well as it is a new and fresh idea :).

0Ri0N
04-04-2008, 01:46 PM
A comedy only tracker would be smarter

phonzie
04-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I would love to definitely help you out with that. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Peanut
04-05-2008, 12:44 AM
i hope you end of making it comedy of sort
i need a good comedy tracker lol

t0mmy
04-05-2008, 12:51 AM
this is a good idea, best wishes though :P be sure to get the shows from the comedy channel :D

th0r
04-06-2008, 03:00 AM
sorry d00ds, when i meant stand-up comedy i really meant comedy at all times

and i know the line is pretty blurry when it comes to what is comedy and what is not