PDA

View Full Version : Pragmatism gone mad.

Chip Monk
04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Glasgow Mortuary

A man who just died is delivered to a Glasgow mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit.

Big Tam the mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed. He points out that the man does look very good in the black suit he is already wearing.

The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue. She gives Tam a blank cheque and says, "I don't care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing."

The woman returns the next day. To her delight she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly. She says to Tam, "Whatever the cost, I'm very satisfied. You did an excellent job and I'm very grateful. How much did you spend?"

To her astonishment, Tam presents her with the blank cheque. "Nae charge", he says. "No, really, I must pay you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit!" she says. "Honestly, hen", Tam says, "it didnae cost nothin. You see, a deid gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I asked his missus if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit insteed, and she said it made nae difference as long as he looked nice. So, I just switched their heids."

manker
04-03-2008, 10:57 AM
:lol:

===

How particularly pleasant it is to see you among the bored. I read your notes in the mornings but I fear we have become akin to ships that pass in the night.

Please tell me, without further adieu, that you do not tailor the time you spend here to coincide with the long hours in which I must be away. For that is something I could not bear.

Chip Monk
04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Fuck sake, have you caught gay as well. That Grim laddie coming out the other night must have been contagiuous

I have mostly been having to work and stuff. We are in the process of doing a thing, which makes it unavoidable.

I wile away the evening hours reading your own works of the day and often have a chuckle. Mayhap in the not too distant future I will be on board during the hours of daylight and we can have some on-line intercourse.

100%
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
This is preposterous.

(testing new words)

Skiz
04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
This is preposterous.

(testing new words)

I'm pretty sure I've heard that one used before. Sorry. :no:

Mr JP Fugley
04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Preposterous sorry doesn't really work Skizster.

Skweeky
04-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Get a room is what I say

BTW, only two sleeps and I'm going Las Vegas! Yeeehhaaaa

Mr JP Fugley
04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Get a room is what I say

BTW, only two sleeps and I'm going Las Vegas! Yeeehhaaaa

Do you need to go back to get it annulled, now he's bairned you. I thought you could do that by post.

Skweeky
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Naw, our friends are getting married over there on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. They're having a Klingon wedding ceremony. I'm the bridesmaid and Gem's the best man.

After that we're going to LA and San Fransisco as well.

Mr JP Fugley
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Ace, have the funnest of fun times.

Skweeky
04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I will have as much fun as one sober pregnant person can have!

Snee
04-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Only 222 days to go!!½!

Skweeky
04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
't is nearer than Christmas!11!1!!!!

Snee
04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I nearly broke out the calculator for that one. Tue story.

Snee
04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh and I dunno if I ever told you congratulations, so congratulations.

Mr JP Fugley
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh and I dunno if I ever told you congratulations, so congratulations.

It was only a wee joke, but thanks anyway.

Snee
04-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, you deserve it, 'twas a good joke.

Mr JP Fugley
04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I thought so. I :lolled: a lot when I read it.

Do you think Zed thinks I wrote it or something else.

Snee
04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure, maybe he just really really likes you and took this opportunity to say it :unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
04-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Grimms' gay is spreading throughout the board you say.