PDA

View Full Version : Finding a loophole

TheManMKD
04-05-2008, 06:59 AM
In 2 months I've gathered some info from my ISP and I'm rather curious if it could somehow help me. Here we go:

- Each of the user has his own username & password. He's only allowed to connect from his residence, so each account is tied to the users phone number.
- They use Ericsson DSLAM's (not sure about the model)
- Commonly given-out modems for the end users are D-Link 360-T's and 360-R's
- After the user has reached 100GB of traffic, the speed is reduced to 64/64kbps
- When you cross the limit of 100GB, the physical connection between the DSLAM and the modem isn't cut off
- The BRAS is the one which will limit the user to 64/64kbps
Also, an insider told me that the RADIUS is poorly configured, and he confirmed that there is a loophole, but he couldn't tell me what is it or he risks losing his job.

I have limited knowledge about networking, so god knows what gibberish I've posted, but I tried to be as concise as I could. Any information about how could this be helpful to finding a loophole in their system will be more than welcomed. :happy:

$we
04-06-2008, 05:10 AM
What is the time constraint for that throttle? Is it like 100Gb/month at full speed? That's seems like allot to me. What's your connection speed?

TheManMKD
04-06-2008, 09:18 AM
What is the time constraint for that throttle? Is it like 100Gb/month at full speed? That's seems like allot to me. What's your connection speed?

Yes, 100gb per month. Upload and download are both counted and the connection speed is 2mbps/256kbps.
When you come to think of it, 100gb isn't that much at all. I have started gathering samples for audio production and they're huge. Not that I'm complaining or anything, this is the best offer in my country, but they're still ripping us off. 30 euros for 2mbps in a country where an average salary is 150 euros.