PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Tabs?

mojo2185
08-06-2003, 04:45 AM
Just wondering.
Does anyone have scanned guitar tab books/songs shared?

I think I posted this in the right place...

soma
08-07-2003, 02:22 AM
Actually this prob would be best in the requests section but im not gonna flame ya for it unlike some other peeps :P ...anyway I have many many tab books, depends on what kind youre looking for also I have posted 2 in the verified hashes section here (or maybe in musicworld, cant remember)....I would recommend using SoulSeek to dl them from me cause on Kazaa youre prob never gonna find me. Anyway the 2 here are Metallica - And Justice For All and Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind. All the ones I have are rock so if its something else sorry.

mojo2185
08-07-2003, 06:43 AM
It wasn't really a request, just a general question. I am looking for some rock tabs, Metallica is good but I already have the songs I want from Justice. I'm guessing Kazaa isn't the best place for scanned tabs so instead, I found a site that has a ton of them.

Thanks for your reply

RGX
08-07-2003, 02:37 PM
try www.powertab.com for tabs, recordings etc., also www.tabcrawler.com has a big selection of accurate tabs

check out the new rating system

EDIT: May be tabcrawler.co.uk, not sure

firebird32
08-19-2003, 12:36 AM
there are many tab sites on the web try google saerch tab i got quite a few this way

Adster
08-20-2003, 03:17 AM
I think it would be a great idea

mojo2185
08-20-2003, 05:18 AM
I'm well aware of tabcrawler, and my favorite mxtabs.net, but thats not exactly what I'm looking for.

What I was really looking for was tabs that are scans of song books, like copies of songs from Metallica books and stuff. This way, I'm positive they are 100% accurate. The rating systems on the mentioned tabs site(s) are pretty good, but I still prefer the "real thing".

Thanks for your input!

ezyryder
08-20-2003, 03:16 PM
I heavily suggest you go to www.mysongbook.com and use that for getting tabs, also download "Guitar-Pro 4" form KazaaLite.

RedRival
08-20-2003, 05:03 PM
http://mxtabs.net

ezyryder
08-20-2003, 06:29 PM
If you do get Guitar-Pro 4 from kazaa, and usewww.mysongbook.com (http://www.mysongbook.com) then you can hear the drum part, guitar(s) parts, bass parts and other other involved instruments play the song from the tab. The software has one of the biggest data-bases of full-tabs for it, and you can mute the main-guitar (or any other instrument) and play along with the midi drums, bass and other guitars to get the feel of the song perfect. It lets you littrely hear how each flick and note is meant to be heard, whereas ascii tabs from these other sites can be misleading due to no note duration information etc.

Mr. Mulder
08-20-2003, 06:30 PM
OLGA (http://www.olga.net) ;)

miccheck1516
08-22-2003, 01:57 PM
You should try and stay away from tabs, they are ok as an initial way of getting to play sum songs but if you start to learn by ear you will understand music theory much much better and you will be able to do a hell of alot more a hell of alot easier
Just my 2 cents

soma
09-04-2003, 09:17 AM
I have many guitar books, actually bought and paid for, but I've ONLY scanned the 2 listed above cause it takes a while...if anyone would like a different one let me know, I may have it. Plus I have over 400 single tabs from magazines like guitar 1 and Guitar Player, etc... just let me know if youre looking for a particular song and ill scan it if i have it. These are NOT from a website, they are bought, like Hal Leonard and Cherry Lane.

swarnel
09-04-2003, 09:37 AM
tabs can be found quite easily on the net

soma
09-08-2003, 09:14 AM
Yes, tabs can easily be found but not OFFICIAL tabs...Ive been using a program colled OverNet and typed in guitar...hundreds of OFFICIAL GUITAR TAB BOOKS! The real books and not ear transcriptions, although Ill admit some of the transcribed Tabs from the net are pretty dang close to the real thing...

Wolfmight
09-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Some people probably wear some kind of gloves so they dont wear down they're finger skin.. (still makes em sore)

RGX
09-20-2003, 10:27 PM
white spirit is a nice quick way to harden the finger tips, but i found it best to learn on a nylon strung acoustic first, then move up to steel strings