PDA

View Full Version : Now I know how it feels to be Scottish.

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I feel physically sick. I was just looking over at the display cabinet with all my OH's LOTR Collector's models in...you know, the ones that come with the magazine every 2 weeks. I remember buying him the subscription as a surprise gift for no particular reason. I've just totted up what I spent on it all and it comes to........

wait for it...............

920 frigging pounds!

:sick: I think I'm going to faint......

chalice
04-05-2008, 08:04 PM
lol fatty.

manker
04-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Do his friends know that he has a cabinet replete with LOTR figures :ermm:

I don't know the chap but I feel bad that you've betrayed his trust like this. If one of your :earl: people stumble upon the bored, his life will be ruined.
Ruined, I say.

Proper Bo
04-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I doubt he has :earl: friends if he's got a collection of lotr figures:ermm:

manker
04-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Very true - but maybe his family still talk to him

If they were to know his dirty secret, he'd be ostracised.
Ostracised, I say.

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 09:05 PM

I don't know the chap but I feel bad that you've betrayed his trust like this. If one of your :earl: people stumble upon the bored, his life will be ruined.
Ruined, I say.

He doesn't usually let people come and visit :unsure:

Alien5
04-05-2008, 09:06 PM
i wonder why not?

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I think maybe a divorce is in order.

A divorce, I say.

manker
04-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Ruined, I say.

He doesn't usually let people come and visit :unsure:
Why on earth not, Rapunzel.

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Hee hee!

Snee
04-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I think maybe a divorce is in order.

A divorce, I say.

If you wait until valentine's day to ask for one, I hear you have the perfect card for it.

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 09:14 PM
:lol:

Oh man, another year? That's a couple hundred more pounds worth of LOTR models :cry:

Biggles
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
:lol:

Oh man, another year? That's a couple hundred more pounds worth of LOTR models :cry:

How many characters are they doing? :O I think each individual orc from the battle Deep Helm is milking it a tad.

I actually felt nauseous on your behalf £920? :sick:

There is a new one out in which one can build a nice brass orrery but it takes 52 issues to complete it at about £300.

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 10:33 PM
How many characters are they doing? :O I think each individual orc from the battle Deep Helm is milking it a tad.

I actually felt nauseous on your behalf £920? :sick:

There is a new one out in which one can build a nice brass orrery but it takes 52 issues to complete it at about £300.

They started out with really good ones, and then they ended up with 'Frodo in green suit' and 'Frodo in brown suit'. And yeah, 'third orc from the left' in a scene so short it could qualify for subliminal imagery. Naturally the £920 includes stands, folders and special Beasts of Middle Earth, optional at 10 quid a pop. Now they've extended the run 'due to popularity' and you can tell they don't give a shit anymore. They've started doing models intended as Beasts of Middle Earth...the optional larger ones (that they didn't want to include in the main run because they're so much bigger than the rest). They made a big thing of all the characters being to exact scale, and actually these latest ones are completely out. Treebeard is about a foot taller than Aragorn FFS.

Am I boring you yet? :unsure:

Yeah, I saw that brass thingy advertised. I was tempted. Please shoot me now.

CrabGirl
04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Does he play the online game too?

Mr JP Fugley
04-05-2008, 10:38 PM
What the fuck is an on-line orrery.

manicgeek
04-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I feel physically sick. I was just looking over at the display cabinet with all my OH's LOTR Collector's models in...you know, the ones that come with the magazine every 2 weeks. I remember buying him the subscription as a surprise gift for no particular reason. I've just totted up what I spent on it all and it comes to........

920 frigging pounds!

As a "die hard English Nationalist" I have to say I hope you're not going to start whingeing like a Scottish person ;)

CrabGirl
04-05-2008, 10:42 PM

920 frigging pounds!

As a "die hard English Nationalist" I have to say I hope you're not going to start whingeing like a Scottish person ;)

What's a die hard English Nationalist? BNP?:dry:

Something Else
04-05-2008, 10:42 PM

:lol: Husbands. :no:

Biggles
04-05-2008, 10:45 PM

920 frigging pounds!

£920 buys a right to whinge in my book

On-line orrery? - although I suppose that would work it is not quite the same as having one sat on the desk

manicgeek
04-05-2008, 10:48 PM
What's a die hard English Nationalist? BNP?:dry:
OMG NO! Absolutely not CG :)

I don't really know what one is, but it's reportedly what I am.

Mr JP Fugley
04-05-2008, 10:49 PM

What's a die hard English Nationalist? :dry:

Generally someone who doesn't live in England.

To be fair though English chaps must be getting really annoyed that they have no say on the devolved issues, in Scotland. However the Scottish MPs still have a say on every issue in England.

That's just wrong in my opinion.

Biggles
04-05-2008, 11:08 PM
What's a die hard English Nationalist? :dry:

Generally someone who doesn't live in England.

To be fair though English chaps must be getting really annoyed that they have no say on the devolved issues, in Scotland. However the Scottish MPs still have a say on every issue in England.

That's just wrong in my opinion.

I would agree with that but I have less sympathy for gripes about Brown and Co. The English voted by a majority of MPs for a Labour Government too but if one says well which English Labour MP would you want in Brown's place they go :idunno: Smith? Beckett? Blunkett? Prescott? Hain? Hoon?

Squeamous
04-05-2008, 11:58 PM

Are you kidding me? When will he have the time to squeeze that in between work, model dusting and playing every single one of his 400+ Megadrive games to completion in alphabetical order?

Sheesh!

manker
04-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Ummm ... where's he gone, btw? :ermm:

Squeamous
04-06-2008, 12:02 AM
The aberrent turn this thread is taking reminds me of today's episode of TV Burp. Harry Hill holds up a pair of Maggie Thatcher's big knickers fresh out of the Apprentice laundry and on the front is a pic of Cameron and on the back....there's brown :lol:.

Ah, incontinence....life's great leveller.

Squeamous
04-06-2008, 12:03 AM

Visiting his mum. He's been up a ladder washing walls for the best part of the weekend. Hahahaha! I love his mum.

manker
04-06-2008, 12:04 AM
The aberrent turn this thread is taking reminds me of today's episode of TV Burp. Harry Hill holds up a pair of Maggie Thatcher's big knickers fresh out of the Apprentice laundry and on the front is a pic of Cameron and on the back....there's brown :lol:.

Ah, incontinence....life's great leveller.Young lady - you're drunk :o

... and by :o I mean :naughty:

manker
04-06-2008, 12:06 AM

Visiting his mum. He's been up a ladder washing walls for the best part of the weekend. Hahahaha! I love his mum.
:eyebrows:

Why didn't you go too? Tell me to fuck off if you like, we can talk about sci-fi and get comfy instead.

Squeamous
04-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Young lady - you're drunk :o

... and by :o I mean :naughty:

How dare you. I'm swaying to the music *hic*.

Anyway, I'm trying to be good so no leading me astray. I've promised myself I won't cyber-rape anyone tonight.

I can't go because I've got rats to look after. They can go one night alone but not two. Anyway, I just had a big bath with candles, and I've been pottering about quite happily doing stuff I can't be motivated to do when he's here.

manker
04-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Busy-edit to the max :lol:

Big Les mentioned rats previously, I thought he was joking.
Are they part of some kind of experiment, I say that 'cos I saw you posted about a microscope the other day plus I've read most all of Michael Crichton's books :smilie4:

Having an evening to yourself after weeks and months of not having an evening to yourself rawks. I agree.
AllenS fucking loves it.

manicgeek
04-06-2008, 12:34 AM

Sorry :blushing: I'll STFU now.

Squeamous
04-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Busy-edit to the max :lol:

Big Les mentioned rats previously, I thought he was joking.
Are they part of some kind of experiment, I say that 'cos I saw you posted about a microscope the other day plus I've read most all of Michael Crichton's books :smilie4:

Having an evening to yourself after weeks and months of not having an evening to yourself rawks. I agree.
AllenS fucking loves it.

Yeah, it really never happens. Although I find I end up with no structure. I forget to eat when I've got no one to cook for, there doesn't seem to be any point. And I end up hoovering at 2am and going to bed at 4 :dry:.

Michael Crichton probably isn't fit to lick my boots to be fair....he wouldn't know a condenser from a x40 lens :snooty:. These ones are pets but I do work on them as a species. I'm in medical research. I mean doing it, not being studied :unsure:.

Squeamous
04-06-2008, 01:33 AM

Sorry :blushing: I'll STFU now.

You don't have to do that, just change the pad ffs :rolleyes:.

:P